PDA

View Full Version : Player Help rogue/swordsage//cleric build looking for clarification on a feat and general advice.

eternal
2014-06-29, 11:47 PM
So my druid went down in a blaze of glory as I was the only one in the party alive vs a Black Dragon bbeg. I was out of spells, summons dead, and due to desperation I switched into a dire polar bear for some beat stick action. TLDR version is I ended up killing him only to die myself due to a massively stacked clinging+lingering breath . Ahh such an epic fight. :smallbiggrin: Only way I would have my druid to die.

Any rate so we're starting a new campaign, my other campaign with my rogue fell apart due to female drama, and I found a feat mentioned by curmudgeon here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=6837452&postcount=6)in an old thread I saw while searching for rogue and swordsage builds and it got me thinking.

I'm thinking of trying rogue3/swordsage 17//cloistered cleric 20.(maybe with a dip into contemplative for the extra domain.)
Would the feat sacred outlaw in Dragon magazine #357 stack even if the rogue and cleric were on the opposite sides? Seems like it would and would fit exactly what I'm looking for.
Seems like it would be a great build if it stacks like I think. Full sneak attack progression, lv 9 maneuvers and full cleric to back it up. So am I right in that they stack?

Doc_Maynot
2014-06-30, 12:03 AM
Yes, it would make you have 10d6 SA at level 20

eternal
2014-06-30, 12:12 AM
Yes, it would make you have 10d6 SA at level 20

That's what I thought. Just needed the sanity check. Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

Now I'm curious as to which domains would be best for this dude.

Doc_Maynot
2014-06-30, 12:31 AM
Travel Domain, to trade for Travel Devotion.
Magic Domain, for UMD goodness

Word of advice? Take Swordsage at level 1, it give 6x Skill Points instead of the normal 4x

eternal
2014-06-30, 12:36 AM

Word of advice? Take Swordsage at level 1, it give 6x Skill Points instead of the normal 4x

I thought that was commonly understood to be a misprint since every other class starts with the x4. Granted it is raw.

Doc_Maynot
2014-06-30, 12:41 AM
Yes, most likely a misprint.

Agamemmnoth
2014-06-30, 01:13 AM

If I'm reading this correctly he wouldn't have to really spend points in umd correct?

Doc_Maynot
2014-06-30, 01:18 AM
If I'm reading this correctly he wouldn't have to really spend points in umd correct?

Use scrolls, wands, and other devices with spell completion or spell trigger activation as a wizard of one-half your cleric level (at least 1st level). For the purpose of using a scroll or other magic device, if you are also a wizard, actual wizard levels and these effective wizard levels stack.

Link to relevant thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?35968-Magic-Domain-Cleric)

Seems to me you are clearly considered a wizard and don;t need it except if you are casting scroll that require a higher CL than you count for having.