PDA

View Full Version : [Feat] GET OVER HERE

jlousivy
2007-02-26, 02:45 AM
GET OVER HERE[General]
Prerequisites: Bab 5+, Combat Expertise
Benefit: As a standard action a person may use a 'grappler' to attack a single target and if the attack hits then she may use a move action to pull the target toward the character five feet with a successful opposed strength roll, for every 2 that the character wins the roll, she may pull the target 5 feet closer, she may not pull the target any further than an ajacent square. After she pulls the target the hook then leaves the targets body. Such movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

'Grappler'
basicly a 30 ft chain with a hook on the end....

And YES i did get the name and idea from Mortal Combat.

What do you guys think? I know the wording is horrific and a rewording of it would be great

Caewil
2007-02-26, 03:50 AM
Eh. Would be better as a weapon, perhaps? Light Martial, 1d2 + Str damage in addition to the effects described. I'm no good with tables.

ExHunterEmerald
2007-02-26, 04:21 AM
Hmm...
Get Over Here! [General]
Prerequisites: BAB +5, Combat Expertise.
Benefit: With any reach weapon, you may choose to make a ranged touch attack against any target within the reach range of your weapon. If you succeed, you do not deal any damage. However, you may make an opposed strength check, and if you overcome your opponent's result, you may pull him five feet towards you. For every two points your result exceeds your opponent's, you may move him an additional five feet.
When removing the hook, the affected target takes 1d4 damage as the hook tears from his body. To remove the hook, the character may make a move equivalent action to pull it out. Or if the target wins the opposed strength check, the hook pulls free.
Special: If your enemy is stunned, flat-footed, or otherwise unable to apply a dexterity bonus (if any) to their AC, they may not oppose the strength check, which is instead against a DC of 10+2 per size category over medium.

How's that?

Magnus_Samma
2007-02-26, 04:23 AM
Why any ninja would dress in a bright color like gold is beyond me.

Specify that the ranged weapon needs to have a rope of some sort attached to it and that would be aces.

ExHunterEmerald
2007-02-26, 04:31 AM
Grappling Hook, Combat
Exotic Weapon, One-Handed
Base damage: 1d2 piercing.
Critical range: 19-20/X2
Weight: 5 lbs.
This barbed hook is designed for being cast out and hooking into an opponent's armor or limb.
A combat grappling hook has a range increment of 10 feet.
Special: When using with the Get Over Here! feat, you may make a grapple check or a ranged touch attack, whichever is higher.
Special: You are treated as nonproficient with a Combat grappling hook when fighting with one in melee, even if you have proficiency in it. You take a -8 with it.

A normal grappling hook can be used with Get Over Here!, albeit at a -4 penalty to both the attack roll and the strength check.

Demented
2007-02-26, 04:37 AM
Why do I feel so compelled to make new variants...

Whip Snaring
Prerequisites: Dex 17, Int 13, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip
Benefit: When using a whip, spiked chain or similar weapon and make a successful trip attempt, you may move your target five feet in a direction closer to you. If the target is more than one size category larger than you, the move attempt fails.

Improved Whip Snaring
Prerequisites: Dex 19, Int 13, Whip Snaring, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip
Benefit: When using a whip, spiked chain or similar weapon, on a successful trip you may attempt to grapple your victim. You take a -4 penalty to your grapple checks. You cannot pin an opponent you are grappling in this manner. To maintain the grapple, you do not need to move into your opponent's square, you must make repeated trip attempts each round. If the target is more than one size category larger than you, the grapple attempt fails.

Caewil
2007-02-26, 05:17 AM
Bravo! Now we can all be Zoro!

Rapier in one hand, whip in the other, TWF. Trip attempt, then stabbity stab stab with the rapier. The enemy's grappled, so he can't escape. Throw in some sneak attack and you're good.

jlousivy
2007-02-26, 09:40 AM
i like that emerald :-) However i don't know about the any reach weapon, I can't really see a longspear being able to perform this feat.

So how long do you think it should be? 15 feet? 20 feet? 30? unlimited?

Also, does anyone think this feat is overpowered? (underpowered?)

Uses I see for it:
pull the bad guy in next to you and your friends- insta-surrounded where any movement provokes 3 attacks of opportunity? yes please!

in a bizzaar situation--- there's a pit or something between u and your enemy, you use a long version of the grappling hook and pull him into the pit

pull your allied rogue/wizard out of danger (dealing only anywhere from 1-8 dmg, no big deal)

ExHunterEmerald
2007-02-26, 12:07 PM
I could see a longspear working. Maybe you hook the spearhead under someone's armor or actually embed it in its hide/plates, and pull it in.

And as for range, don't let it get too high. Imagine a fighter with a +7 strength mod hitting a wizard from thirty feet away, and t--

On second thought? Nah, whatever range you like. :D

jlousivy
2007-02-26, 12:28 PM
maaaybe--- 20 feet, and a -2 each 5 feat afterwards to hit? besides, even if the range was 1 mile(hypotheticly) no fighter could win the str roll by enough to pull them that far

Demented
2007-02-26, 05:44 PM
What, nobody has any love for colossal characters with spiked chains?

ExHunterEmerald
2007-02-26, 06:11 PM
What, nobody has any love for colossal characters with spiked chains?

GET OVER HERE!

Demented
2007-02-26, 06:43 PM
Oh right, any reach weapon. :shiftyeyes:

*squish*

*drag*

*squish*

*drag*

Hmm. What about moving your victim more than five feet?

Mewtarthio
2007-02-27, 08:13 PM
maaaybe--- 20 feet, and a -2 each 5 feat afterwards to hit? besides, even if the range was 1 mile(hypotheticly) no fighter could win the str roll by enough to pull them that far

You know, the Tarrasque theoretically has enough Intelligence to take class levels...

jlousivy
2007-02-27, 10:51 PM
No language---- find someone to make him a weapon?