PDA

View Full Version : The most important place to be...

Aloona
2007-02-26, 09:51 AM
Thanks for that one, it was so moving... sniff... seriously. Something to think about.
On the way... what's the best place you'd like to be the night before such a circumstance? I think I'd do just the same as H. -__^

agentx42
2007-02-26, 11:59 AM
Thanks for that one, it was so moving... sniff... seriously. Something to think about.
On the way... what's the best place you'd like to be the night before such a circumstance? I think I'd do just the same as H. -__^

Yes, I'd cuddle with Elan, too. And I'm secure enough in my incredibly hetero masculinity to say that. (makes macho grunts)

Seriously, that was a nice little bit of calm before the storm. I'd clutch onto as many loved ones as I could. There's nothing like a big dose of impending mortality to make appreciation of what you have that much more significant.

Shattersnap
2007-02-26, 12:01 PM
Where would I want to be the night before I might die? Stealing a car. Seriously, if I'm gonna die I'm gonna do it in a really nice car. Maybe one of those new Mustangs...

Not romantic or perfect, but my most important place to be...

fwiffo
2007-02-26, 12:05 PM
Well, since the thread is posted on Monday, when 418 is current, then I say it would only stand to reason she is talking about 418. So, the most important place to be is on Hinjo's junk. And, yeah, I can't disagree with importance of that.

mikeejimbo
2007-02-26, 12:08 PM
I think if I was riding Hinjo's junk, I would definitely feel safe and comforted. I know that his junk is probably the safest place to be.

Baalzebub
2007-02-26, 12:32 PM
Before battle? Well I'd be with my girl, having love and sex, until it's time to prepare for the coming onslaught.

Khantalas
2007-02-26, 12:35 PM
I'd be building an ark. A huge ark. To carry two females of every nation and ethnicity across the ocean. I'd be on it, too, of course.

bluish_wolf
2007-02-26, 01:25 PM
I'd be getting as far away from the city as humanly possible.

Ciaphas
2007-02-26, 04:03 PM
I'd be making sure that we have boiling oil. Lots and lots of boiling oil.

Rai Thunder
2007-02-26, 05:05 PM
I'd probably lurk in some shadowy corner somewhere where nobody would find me.

Demented
2007-02-26, 05:15 PM
The morning in strategy. The noon in buffering morale. The evening with loved ones. The night summoning up a barbarian rage.

The next day getting myself turned into human sushi, with style.

mikeejimbo
2007-02-26, 06:27 PM
The next day getting myself turned into human sushi, with style.

While taking out as many hobgoblins and zombies as you can, of course.

Silverlocke980
2007-02-26, 07:45 PM
I'd be with a loved one too... but preparing my weaponry alongside her.

I plan to live.

I like to call my theory of living Hopeful Good! It will all work out!
(Hey, so far, I've been right. In years of gaming, I've barely had to re-roll new characters mid-game!)

fwiffo
2007-02-26, 07:50 PM
On that particular night I would go to a loved one and ask her if she minds polishing my sword.

mikeejimbo
2007-02-26, 09:12 PM
On that particular night I would go to a loved one and ask her if she minds polishing my sword.

Perhaps she has a sheath you can put it in, as well.

Tilian
2007-02-26, 09:34 PM
Do as much planning and preparing as possible, and spend the rest with my loved ones, with the latter probably stealing time from the former.

1337_master
2007-02-26, 09:35 PM
I'd be Practicing my battle abilities, who needs Loved ones?

Besides, when I go out. I want people to gaze in awe and say

"That is one Badass fighter." hell, maybe an Explosion or two.

shaddy_24
2007-02-26, 10:04 PM
Since I'm a DM, I'd spend the night prepairing for the comming battle and getting ready for some new PCs. I mean... NPCs. Right, NPCs.

In real life, probably with as many family and friends as possible, having fun until it was time to get ready. Then, I'd keep trying to hang out with them until the last minute.

And I would probably cry at some point. Yes, I can admit that.

Pax_Chi
2007-02-26, 10:32 PM
My last day before a seige on a city that I'm going to do my best to protect, while someone I love is in the city with me and will be fighting in the battle as well?

I'd probably spend the morning doing what I can to help out with the preparations. Boost morale, point out any glaring problems with the strategies I see, etc. I go wherever I'm needed till about noon.

For a few hours after noon, as I'd probably be a Monk/Swordsage, I'd probably be spending my time after figuring out what Maneuvers would best be used during a seige like this, as well as potentially trying to develope my own home brewed ones that could be more effective.

The rest of the afternoon and evening is devoted entirely to spending time with my loved one and resisting the urge to knock her out and put her on one of the ships sailing to safety. However, if she's a fellow PC of a similar level, I can't remove her from the fight considering the impact she could have. So I make sure what could be our last evening together is spent just that way: together.

Next morning, wake up early, execrise so that I'm warmed up for the coming battle, and await the coming onslaught with the intention of surviving AND winning.

MrBean13
2007-02-27, 08:54 AM
If it was the last day before something this big in my life, like a battle or something equal, or even the end of the world I guess there would be pretty much I'd do. At first I'd try to undo all my mistakes or at least the worst, then I will find my true love and spend the remaining time with her, doing whatever she likes. I just want to make someone the happiest person on earth for one freakin' night. :smallsmile:

Dectilon
2007-02-27, 10:31 AM
...I would be on one of the ships : P If I was a mage I would rig up some mine spell... then I'd head for the ships ~~

I find the strip a counter-weight to the famous "The death of a man is a tragedy, the death of a million is statistics". In this case Haley was truly unafraid until the statistics were brought out : )

Silverlocke980
2007-02-27, 11:03 AM
I just want to make someone the happiest person on earth for one freakin' night. :smallsmile:

That is the sweetest dang thing anyone has ever said, ever.

Go you!

MrBean13
2007-02-28, 03:31 AM
That is the sweetest dang thing anyone has ever said, ever.

Go you!

Thanks, I'm flattered. :smallwink: