PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Lets build some Sorcerers! [Pathfinder]

13ones
2014-06-30, 10:16 AM
Sorcerers! I love them! Those crazy natural casting guys and gals! I'd like to see some other builds for Sorcerers outside of the seemingly ever popular 'cross-blooded blaster' builds. There has to be more interesting builds! I'd like you all to share your own Sorcerer builds and maybe we can swap and inspire some new ones!

I'll share one I've been tinkering with. 25 point buy PFS-ish rules. Hope you folks enjoy!

Male Human Sorcerer 4
CG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +10; Senses Perception +5

DEFENSE

AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +2 Dex, +2 shield)
hp 29
Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4
OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft.
Melee Gauntlet+1 (1d3)
Ranged dagger +4 (1d4/19–20)
Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 4th)

2nd (4/day)— Mirror Image
1st (8/day)— Identify[Bloodline], Mage Armor, Ray of Enfeeblement (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Colour Spray (DC 16)
0th (at will)— Read Magic, Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Acid Splash

Bloodline arcane
TACTICS

Before Combat The Necromancer casts mage armor on himself.

During Combat, The Necromancer serves as debuffing and buffing support, casting Rays of Enfeeblement and Colour sprays to soften the enemies for the rest of his team.

Base Statistics

Without mage armor, The Necromancer's statistics are AC 15, flat-footed 11.
STATISTICS

Str 8, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 20
Base Atk +2; CMB +1; CMD 13
Feats Alertness, Eschew Materials, Spell Focus (Necromancy), Toughness, Improved Initiative
Skills Bluff +9, Escape Artist +6, Intimidate +9, Knowledge Arcana +7, Knowledge Religion +7, Knowledge Planes +3, Knowledge Nature +3, Perception +5, Spell Craft +9
Languages Common
SQ arcane bond (familiar, Green Sting scorpion named Abathur )*, bloodline arcana (+1 DC for metamagic spells that increase spell level), Bloodline power; Metamagic Adept: Apply metamagics without increasing the caster time (1/time per day)
Combat Gear wand of Magic Missle; Other Gear dagger, gauntlet, mithral buckler, Haramaki, master work backpack, masterwork satchel,waterskin, scroll case (x2), Chalk, charcoal, ink, inkpen, parchment (50 sheets), sealing wax, flint and steel, Flask of Acid, Flask of Alchemist Fire, sunrods (3), trail rations (5), bedroll, Wine, Coffee, powdered milk, tin cups, Ioun Torch, Lamp Oil, Holy Water ; Magical Gear Cracked Dusty Rose Prism, Cloak of Resistance +1. Aegis of Recovery, Scroll of Obscuring Mists, Scroll of Detect Secret doors, Scroll of Darkness, Potion of False Life, Potion of Cure Light Wounds (x3)

The reason I went so high in Int is I really want my sorcerer to have some skill points. I think that is probably the biggest detraction to Sorcerers over Wizards is just that if a Sorcerer wants skill points they are treading on serious MAD territory. Yes I could take the Sage Bloodline to get INT as a primary casting stat and therefore more skill points but I like the ability to really have an effect outside of combat with all the CHA based skills at my disposal.

So what about you folks? Got anything interesting to share or am I going to have to post my Illusionist and Demonologist builds to get you interested?

Kurald Galain
2014-06-30, 10:57 AM
I'm not quite sure what mage armor and color spray have to do with necromancy :smallbiggrin:

+4 armor +2 dex +2 shield gives an AC of 18, not 19; also, sorcerers aren't proficient with shields and get a chance of spell failure for using one.

Ray of Enfeeble has always struck me as a rather crappy spell. First, it requires two rolls to work (you roll to hit, enemy rolls to save). Second, enemies that aren't melee combatants don't particularly care about getting a -6 strength penalty. And third, enemies that are melee combatants tend to have a high fort save. In terms of short-range debuffs, there are way better options, such as color spray.

And you could probably find some better feats for a spellcaster than alertness and imp init toughness.

khachaturian
2014-06-30, 10:57 AM
- not sure how much mileage you are going to get out of spell focus necromancy. the best spell in the school is enervation which is no save

- doesn't buckler only give +1 ac?

- potentially better level one wand might be silent image, since caster level doesn't really matter

13ones
2014-06-30, 11:25 AM
Alertness you get for free for having a Familiar and Improved Init is to follow with the Mantra that "When the Spell Caster goes first, the fight is going to be easier" At least in theory.

As far as mage armor and colour spray, well they are both really solid level 1 spells that you get decent mileage out of. I'm going for a more debuffy necromancer as opposed to minions, as it plays nicer with Good aligned parties that way. And thus all the Necromancer spells outside of Enervation have Fort or Will saves slapped to them having a couple extra points on the DC from SF:N makes my job a bit easier.

And of the few early level Necromancy spells Enfeeblement is probably one of the better one simply due to the fact something will always happen. Compared to Sickening, which does nothing on a save, Enfeeblement still does Str damage. And even against Casters STR damage helps if you have a grapple beast or monk in your team. And doing 6 points of STR damage to a front line character at low levels does hurt their damage.

I've got a level 20 build that looks a bit more solid because it has more variety, what with dazing evocations and some really deadly debuff combos thrown in. Level 4 for Sorcerers I find isn't really telling because it is lacking a lot of really solid spells. The level 20 spell list looks a little something like this.

9th(7/day)— Wish[Bloodline], Energy Drain, Time Stop, Shades
8th(7/day)— Power Word:Stun[Bloodline], Horrid Wilting (DC 32), Sunburst, Prediction of Failure, Mind Blank, Maze, Greater Shadow Evocation
7th(7/day)— Greater Teleport[Bloodline], Forcecage, Waves of Exhaustion, Ethereal Jaunt, Finger of Death (DC 31), Spell Turning
6th(8/day)— True Seeing[Bloodline], Eyebite (DC30), Disintegrate, Chain Lightning, Acid Fog, Summon Monster 6, Major Curse (dc30, dc 34 to remove)
5th(8/day)— Overland Flight[Bloodline], Summon Monster 5, Magic Jar (DC 29), Feeble mind, Shadow Evocation, Telepathic Bond, Cloudkill
4th(8/day)— Dimension Door[Bloodline], Enervation, Confusion, Wall of Fire, Greater Invisibility, Bestow Curse (DC 28), Black Tentacles, Resilient Sphere
3rd(8/day)— Dispel Magic[Bloodline], Magic Circle against Evil, Phantom Steed, Haste, Gloomblind Bolts, Summon Monster 3, Howling Agony (dc 27)
2nd(9/day)— Invisibility[Bloodline], Mirror Image, Web, Blindness Deafness (DC 26), Summon Monster 2, False Life, Darkness, Glitterdust
1st (9/day)— Identify[Bloodline], Mage Armor, Ray of Enfeeblement (DC 25), Enlarge Person, Shield, Obscuring Mist, Grease, Disguise Self
0th (at will)— Read Magic, Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Acid Splash, Spark, Mending, Message

I feel like that gives a greater idea of what the character is about.

Ellowryn
2014-06-30, 11:57 AM
A quick little sorcerer i put together as a back up character to a small, defunct game was this guy:

Name: Ahran

Exp: 0
Class/Level: Sorcerer 4
Align: Chaotic Good
Diety: none
Languages: Common, Sylvan, Aklo

Str: 9 +0
Dex: 14 +2
Con: 15 +2
Int: 12 +1
Wis: 10 +0
Cha: 20 +5

Fort: +3
Ref: +3
Will: +4 (+1 vs Charm)
BA: +2
I: +2

HP: 24(24)
AC: 12 (+2 Dex)

Skills: (3)
1+8 (9) Bluff
3+4 (7) Knowledge (Arcana)
1+4 (5) Knowledge (Nature)
1+2 (3) Ride
4+4 (8) Spellcraft
1+0 (1) Swim
1+8 (9) Use Magic Device

Feats:
Spell Focus (Enchantment)
Greater Spell Focus (Enchantment)

Traits:
Outlander- Hold Person, Dominate Person, and Dominate Monster
Empty Heart, Full Heart - +1 Save vs Charm, +1 to DC of Charm spells

Bloodline (Fey):
Arcana- +2 DC to spells with Compulsion Subschool
Powers-
Laughing Touch- Melee Touch Attack 3+Cha(8)/Day causes creature to laugh for 1 round
can only make a move action and defend, only affected 1 per day
Woodland Stride- Move thru all unmagical undergrowth at full speed

Abilities:
Change Shape- Standard action, as alter self but no ability score adjustment
+10 to disguise checks to apear human, same human form each time
Agile- +2 racial bonus on acrobatics checks
Kitsune Magic- +1 to Dc of any Enchantment spell, 3/day-Dancing Lights
Natural Weapon- Bite attack 1d4, natural form only
Favored Class Option- +1/4 to DC of Enchantment Spells per Level

Spells:
0- Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Light, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Daze (DC21 Will)
1- Mage Armor, Charm Person (DC23 Will), Shield, Entangle (DC16 Reflex)
2- Oppressive Boredom (DC23 Will)

DC 23 will save at level 4 or you sit there and stare for 4 rounds, much fun. Also this was for a orc infested world so i wasnt worrying about undead.

Segev
2014-06-30, 03:27 PM
I've wanted to try an Infernal Bloodline Sorcerer focused on enchantment and social skills. I know that's not the most optimal of options; he relies heavily on ability to snag those who ARE vulnerable to his Charms in order to deal with those that are less so.

Halfling for the +2 Cha and the size bonus to AC; he's never a meleeist. Maybe, if there're feats to spare, go for the childlike feat to play up "innocent and harmless" when not actively acting as the Face.

Infernal Bloodline for the +2 to Charm DCs and the extra Charm spells it gives as you level up, as well as for Diplomacy as a class skill. Throw the Spell Focus (Enchantment) feat in for good measure, and between the racial Cha mod, the Bloodline bonus, and the feat, you have a potential for a DC 19 on Charm spells at level 1, without any magic items helping you out.

Take Hypnotism and combine it with a maxed-out Diplomacy in order to get up to Fanatic levels of devotion to specific requests made of various humanoids. (You only need to get them up to Friendly with your Diplomacy in order for Hypnotism's +2 categories to put them into Fanatic!) Since Hypnotism's effects last beyond the end of the spell, you just need to keep being your charming, Diplomatic self with any you want to work with long-term.

Charm Person, obviously, is another central spell to the build. (Charmed creatures automatically are set to Friendly, so you needn't even really worry about the Diplomacy roll if you then use Hypnotism on them for the one request at which you want fanatic devotion.)

Make it a female and you could call her "The Enchantress," even. Though might want to avoid the "childlike" feat in that case.

Talya
2014-06-30, 04:23 PM
Charm Person, obviously, is another central spell to the build. (Charmed creatures automatically are set to Friendly, so you needn't even really worry about the Diplomacy roll if you then use Hypnotism on them for the one request at which you want fanatic devotion.)

The purpose of Diplomacy when you have Charm Person as a spell used to be to allow you to make a DC 20 check to move them from temporarily friendly to permanently helpful.

Pathfinder, for reasons unknown, made the check much easier, but made all diplomatic gains disappear in 1d4 hours.... which is beyond idiotic. "I've come to negotiate a peace treaty, your majesty." "Oooh, I like you! Yes, we will have peace." 1d4 hours later... "I've changed my mind. Kill them all!" There's now no mechanic in place for permanently changing people's attitudes, at all.

Psyren
2014-06-30, 04:27 PM
The purpose of Diplomacy when you have Charm Person as a spell used to be to allow you to make a DC 20 check to move them from temporarily friendly to permanently helpful.

Pathfinder, for reasons unknown, made the check much easier, but made all diplomatic gains disappear in 1d4 hours.... which is beyond idiotic. "I've come to negotiate a peace treaty, your majesty." "Oooh, I like you! Yes, we will have peace." 1d4 hours later... "I've changed my mind. Kill them all!" There's now no mechanic in place for permanently changing people's attitudes, at all.

"Any attitude shift caused through Diplomacy generally lasts for 1d4 hours but can last much longer or shorter depending upon the situation (GM discretion)."

Let's not trump up issues where they don't exist.

Talya
2014-06-30, 04:42 PM
"Any attitude shift caused through Diplomacy generally lasts for 1d4 hours but can last much longer or shorter depending upon the situation (GM discretion)."

Let's not trump up issues where they don't exist.

That's really not good enough, as a player. You need to have control over these things, not up to the whim of some capricious GM. :smalltongue:

Psyren
2014-06-30, 04:56 PM
That's really not good enough, as a player. You need to have control over these things, not up to the whim of some capricious GM. :smalltongue:

If your GM is a jerk or automaton, what are you doing negotiating peace treaties with kings? You have no business even attempting anything so complex since he'll find a way to screw you over regardless.

The 1d4 hour guideline is there for much simpler things, like "how long can I get the city guardsman to risk his job looking the other way while we poke through the crime scene?" or "how long can I get the local street urchin to keep an eye out for my mark before I need to bribe or strongarm him?"

Raven777
2014-06-30, 07:06 PM
On a PF Sorcerer, why would you ever take Improved Initiative when you can take Scion of War (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/noble-scion)? (Ok, fair, you can take both).

Here's Veran (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=905538) in her current stomp through Wrath of the Righteous. We've teared through the first book with only two players, the other a Paladin. Just cleared the Grey Garrisson yesterday, in fact. She's now officially 1/10th of a god. I really need a better online character sheet than Myth-Weaver's but can't find any, by the way, if anybody could chime in on that. I really need more room for all the feats, special abilities and items.

If anybody could chime in for a first Mythic feat, that would be gravy too. Trying to build towards Shadow Conjuration / Shadow Evocation + Metamagic, but it seems a bit early to grab Mythic Spell Focus (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-feats/spell-focus-mythic) or Fabulous Figments (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-feats/fabulous-figments-mythic) since for now I don't rely on illusions at all. Crafting Mythic Magic Items doesn't interest me all that much either.

avr
2014-06-30, 10:10 PM
Something I've wanted to play is the sorcerer who replaces the rogue. An expert at infiltration & breaking in to places. Here's how I imagine he might look at 9th.

Kobold Sorcerer 9, Shadow bloodline, Seeker archetype

STR 7
DEX 16 (20)
CON 12
INT 12
WIS 10
CHA 17 (21)

Feats: Skill Focus (Stealth), Kobold Sniper, Dampen Presence, Persistent Spell, Silent Spell (B), Kobold Confidence

Spells
4: Shadow Conjuration (b), Dimension Door, Shadow Projection
3: Deeper Darkness (b), Blacklight, Fireball, Night of Blades (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/n/night-of-blades)
2: Darkvision (b), Knock, Invisibility, Pyrotechnics, See Invisible
1: Ray of Enfeeblement (b), Charm Person, Ear-Piercing Scream, Mage Armor, Memory Lapse, Silent Image

At lower levels he wouldn't have quite all the tricks necessary to sneak in but would still be one sneaky bastard and hopefully useful otherwise. Right now he can do anything from social engineering to teleporting to flying in invisibly and incorporeally.

Tasty_Magic
2015-06-30, 06:32 AM
So once upon a time I set it upon myself to make a build for every Prestige Class in the game. It's not a full sorcerer by any means, but it still keeps in that crazy fun spell-casting style that it does. Just see the Prestige class abilities as the bloodline abilities and you'll see what I mean. It doesn't matter too much which Bloodline you choose, but I picked impossible for flavor and Item Creation purposes. I left this one a bit loose so people can customize it into their own. Because it's no fun playing a character you had no part in right? :smallcool:

Just a warning this one is kinda big.

Halfling: Sorcerer 5/ Spherewalker 5/ Envoy of Balance 10
Alignment: N
Diety: Peacock Spirit (Get on that N/N level at least)
Size: Small...

STARTING ABILITY SCORES (Using 25 point buy in -any less or using dice roll just prioritize Cha then Dex and everything should be fine)
Str: 8= -1
Dex: 16=+3
Con: 14=+2
Int: 12=+1
Wis: 10=0
Cha: 19=+4

END RESULT ABILITY SCORES Using: Headband of Mental Superiority+6 Mind Stats, Belt of Physical Perfection+6 Physical Stats, Wish Sorcery shenanigans +5 Every Stat, and almost free Stat Book item creation using Impossible Bloodline Shenanigans +5 Every Stat. Total of +16 Every stat plus Leveling ability stat increases +6 to Charisma. This may seem like overkill, but remember it's 20th level and I just did this for a fun theoretical build. It works out pretty well the one time I got to try it though.

Str: 24=+7
Dex: 32=+11
Con: 30=+10
Int: 28=+9
Wis: 26=+8
Cha: 42=+16

Needless to say no is stopping you any time soon. So let's cast a Fireb- HELL NO! Did you forget we were a flying magical butterfly god of death? No? Good. No Blast4u.

Basic Game Plan/Strategy
First you need to understand what we'll be focusing on in this build. We have mostly Transmutation and Abjuration, but pick up a few Evocation/Necromancy spells here and there depending on how you play. The first rule of Butterfly fight club though ladies and gentlemen, is we don't NOT Time Stop Butterfly Fight Club. You're going to be picking up the Magical Lineage(Timestop) Trait to extend that. Yes, we are extending Time Stop, a Tier 9 spell and we can do it legally due to something most people waste on getting another +2 fire damage in. BAH!:smallyuk:

After we Time Stop, we can pretty much do anything we want, as long as it doesn't involve casting another spell targeting an enemy or do a melee attack. This will prove no problem for us since our character is based around using Supernatural abilities and such to either flat out kill, enslave, or bring to our personal dimension. More on that Dimension later. (It's also good to note you can place things in the environment during Time Stop as long as doing so would not damage it, such as a ring of silver dust for Binding your now motionless enemy. :smallsmile:)

Feats
1st lvl: Eschew Materials (Sorceror), Improved Initiative
3rd lvl: Craft Wondrous Item (Impossible Bloodline), Improved Counterspell
5th lvl: Martial Weapon Proficiency (Starknife)
7th lvl: Acrobatic (7 and 9 are able to swap I'm just lazy.)
9th lvl: Iron Will
11th lvl: Destructive Dispel (These downwards until Arcana take in whatever order you want)
13th lvl: Parry Spell
15th lvl: Extend Spell
17th lvl: Expanded Arcana
19th lvl: Expanded Arcana

Spherewalker/Envoy of Balance Abilities
This is where the butterfly god of death stuff comes in. Envoy of Balance {EVB} and Spherewalker {SW} both have pretty weird ultimate abilities.
EVB has Scales of Morality SU
At 10th level, once per day as a standard action, an envoy of balance can make a melee touch attack, delivering a killing touch against a living creature. If the attack hits and the target is not neutral, the target is subject to a power word kill spell. If the attack misses or the target is neutral, this ability is wasted. If the target dies, its bodily remains (but not its equipment) turn to dust, as disintegrate. If this ability kills the target, the envoy of balance becomes aware of that creature's alignment and may then touch the remains of another dead creature with fewer Hit Dice than or Hit Dice equal to the slain creature's and with an alignment opposite to the slain creature's on the good-evil axis, the lawful-chaotic axis, or both. This revives the second dead creature as if via true resurrection.

The envoy of balance can delay using this reviving touch for up to 1 hour after successfully using the killing touch, but after that time the reviving power dissipates. The envoy doesn't need to provide the material component for true resurrection; the caster level for both the power word kill and the true resurrection effects is equal to her character level.

This means you can rez and kill someone you touch, it bypasses Spell Resistance and Spell Reduction due to it being a Supernatural ability, and does not count as an actual melee attack as touching someone is only to pass along the effects, no force required. This is a major point to keep in mind when you realize it can be used in conjunction with SW's ability. Remember although it is a supernatural ability, it still goes by your Melee attack modifier, you may not have to hit them, but you do have to touch the sucker. Time Stop is also very good here.

SW has Swarm Form SU
At 5th level, a spherewalker gains the ability to transform into a swarm of Diminutive butterflies. In swarm form, she has a space of 10 feet (roughly filling the entire area) but can shape this space to fill four contiguous squares (such as a 5-foot-by-20-foot line, an L-shaped cloud, and so on) and can squeeze through any space large enough to contain one of her component forms. The swarm can fly at a speed of 40 feet (good). Like any swarm, it can occupy the same space as another creature regardless of its size.

Any creature that begins its turn sharing a space with a swarm must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC 10 + spherewalker level + Constitution bonus) or be nauseated for 1 round. Unlike most swarms, a spherewalker in swarm form does not do swarm damage to creatures she’s swarming over. The swarm form is immune to weapon damage but is vulnerable to mundane fire attacks (torches, alchemical fire, burning oil, and so on), and energy attacks from weapon (such as flaming and frost) deal full damage even though the basic weapon damage has no effect. Although a swarm cannot make attacks, the spherewalker can cast spells as normal while in swarm form (although spells with material components could prove difficult).

A spherewalker can use this ability a number of times per day equal to her class level and remain in this form for up to one minute. While in swarm form, she may expend one use of this ability as a free action in order to remain in swarm form for an additional minute (rather than changing back to her normal form and activating it again). Changing back to her natural form before the effect ends is a standard action.

Here's the thing, you can become a GIANT SWARM OF MAGICAL BUTTERFLIES. Metal. Now take the fact that you can occupy multiple squares and pretty much touch anyone you want with your radical little butterfly legs. (Including multiple people at one time although whether or not that will really mean anything depends on your GM's discretion as it's not often abilities like this appear :smallsigh:) So now you know what your main combo is. Butterfly Fight Club. :smallcool:

Anyways spell list wise there is not much I really want to say seeing as how the obvious choices are obvious and the small ones don't really matter TOO much. I'd rather leave it for you guys to enjoy making. I would suggest picking up Create Greater Demiplane at somepoint though, since Spherewalker does a lot of landmark stuff you can set a gate or a ring gate and build it into your Starknife and do some cool stuff with that.

Keep in mind I made this build to go against my GM's personal Lich sorceror build so it does good against magic users, but can pretty much trump anyone as long as you don't get ambushed with a giant damage number.

Anyways this has been an overview of Butterfly Fight Club ~ENJOY

Valliss
2018-07-29, 10:52 PM
I know this is old...but wondering how you can be a spherewalker without +5 BAB?
thanks
Valliss

So once upon a time I set it upon myself to make a build for every Prestige Class in the game. It's not a full sorcerer by any means, but it still keeps in that crazy fun spell-casting style that it does. Just see the Prestige class abilities as the bloodline abilities and you'll see what I mean. It doesn't matter too much which Bloodline you choose, but I picked impossible for flavor and Item Creation purposes. I left this one a bit loose so people can customize it into their own. Because it's no fun playing a character you had no part in right? :smallcool:

Just a warning this one is kinda big.

Halfling: Sorcerer 5/ Spherewalker 5/ Envoy of Balance 10
Alignment: N
Diety: Peacock Spirit (Get on that N/N level at least)
Size: Small...

STARTING ABILITY SCORES (Using 25 point buy in -any less or using dice roll just prioritize Cha then Dex and everything should be fine)
Str: 8= -1
Dex: 16=+3
Con: 14=+2
Int: 12=+1
Wis: 10=0
Cha: 19=+4

END RESULT ABILITY SCORES Using: Headband of Mental Superiority+6 Mind Stats, Belt of Physical Perfection+6 Physical Stats, Wish Sorcery shenanigans +5 Every Stat, and almost free Stat Book item creation using Impossible Bloodline Shenanigans +5 Every Stat. Total of +16 Every stat plus Leveling ability stat increases +6 to Charisma. This may seem like overkill, but remember it's 20th level and I just did this for a fun theoretical build. It works out pretty well the one time I got to try it though.

Str: 24=+7
Dex: 32=+11
Con: 30=+10
Int: 28=+9
Wis: 26=+8
Cha: 42=+16

Needless to say no is stopping you any time soon. So let's cast a Fireb- HELL NO! Did you forget we were a flying magical butterfly god of death? No? Good. No Blast4u.

Basic Game Plan/Strategy
First you need to understand what we'll be focusing on in this build. We have mostly Transmutation and Abjuration, but pick up a few Evocation/Necromancy spells here and there depending on how you play. The first rule of Butterfly fight club though ladies and gentlemen, is we don't NOT Time Stop Butterfly Fight Club. You're going to be picking up the Magical Lineage(Timestop) Trait to extend that. Yes, we are extending Time Stop, a Tier 9 spell and we can do it legally due to something most people waste on getting another +2 fire damage in. BAH!:smallyuk:

After we Time Stop, we can pretty much do anything we want, as long as it doesn't involve casting another spell targeting an enemy or do a melee attack. This will prove no problem for us since our character is based around using Supernatural abilities and such to either flat out kill, enslave, or bring to our personal dimension. More on that Dimension later. (It's also good to note you can place things in the environment during Time Stop as long as doing so would not damage it, such as a ring of silver dust for Binding your now motionless enemy. :smallsmile:)

Feats
1st lvl: Eschew Materials (Sorceror), Improved Initiative
3rd lvl: Craft Wondrous Item (Impossible Bloodline), Improved Counterspell
5th lvl: Martial Weapon Proficiency (Starknife)
7th lvl: Acrobatic (7 and 9 are able to swap I'm just lazy.)
9th lvl: Iron Will
11th lvl: Destructive Dispel (These downwards until Arcana take in whatever order you want)
13th lvl: Parry Spell
15th lvl: Extend Spell
17th lvl: Expanded Arcana
19th lvl: Expanded Arcana

Spherewalker/Envoy of Balance Abilities
This is where the butterfly god of death stuff comes in. Envoy of Balance {EVB} and Spherewalker {SW} both have pretty weird ultimate abilities.
EVB has Scales of Morality SU
At 10th level, once per day as a standard action, an envoy of balance can make a melee touch attack, delivering a killing touch against a living creature. If the attack hits and the target is not neutral, the target is subject to a power word kill spell. If the attack misses or the target is neutral, this ability is wasted. If the target dies, its bodily remains (but not its equipment) turn to dust, as disintegrate. If this ability kills the target, the envoy of balance becomes aware of that creature's alignment and may then touch the remains of another dead creature with fewer Hit Dice than or Hit Dice equal to the slain creature's and with an alignment opposite to the slain creature's on the good-evil axis, the lawful-chaotic axis, or both. This revives the second dead creature as if via true resurrection.

The envoy of balance can delay using this reviving touch for up to 1 hour after successfully using the killing touch, but after that time the reviving power dissipates. The envoy doesn't need to provide the material component for true resurrection; the caster level for both the power word kill and the true resurrection effects is equal to her character level.

This means you can rez and kill someone you touch, it bypasses Spell Resistance and Spell Reduction due to it being a Supernatural ability, and does not count as an actual melee attack as touching someone is only to pass along the effects, no force required. This is a major point to keep in mind when you realize it can be used in conjunction with SW's ability. Remember although it is a supernatural ability, it still goes by your Melee attack modifier, you may not have to hit them, but you do have to touch the sucker. Time Stop is also very good here.

SW has Swarm Form SU
At 5th level, a spherewalker gains the ability to transform into a swarm of Diminutive butterflies. In swarm form, she has a space of 10 feet (roughly filling the entire area) but can shape this space to fill four contiguous squares (such as a 5-foot-by-20-foot line, an L-shaped cloud, and so on) and can squeeze through any space large enough to contain one of her component forms. The swarm can fly at a speed of 40 feet (good). Like any swarm, it can occupy the same space as another creature regardless of its size.

Any creature that begins its turn sharing a space with a swarm must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC 10 + spherewalker level + Constitution bonus) or be nauseated for 1 round. Unlike most swarms, a spherewalker in swarm form does not do swarm damage to creatures she’s swarming over. The swarm form is immune to weapon damage but is vulnerable to mundane fire attacks (torches, alchemical fire, burning oil, and so on), and energy attacks from weapon (such as flaming and frost) deal full damage even though the basic weapon damage has no effect. Although a swarm cannot make attacks, the spherewalker can cast spells as normal while in swarm form (although spells with material components could prove difficult).

A spherewalker can use this ability a number of times per day equal to her class level and remain in this form for up to one minute. While in swarm form, she may expend one use of this ability as a free action in order to remain in swarm form for an additional minute (rather than changing back to her normal form and activating it again). Changing back to her natural form before the effect ends is a standard action.

Here's the thing, you can become a GIANT SWARM OF MAGICAL BUTTERFLIES. Metal. Now take the fact that you can occupy multiple squares and pretty much touch anyone you want with your radical little butterfly legs. (Including multiple people at one time although whether or not that will really mean anything depends on your GM's discretion as it's not often abilities like this appear :smallsigh:) So now you know what your main combo is. Butterfly Fight Club. :smallcool:

Anyways spell list wise there is not much I really want to say seeing as how the obvious choices are obvious and the small ones don't really matter TOO much. I'd rather leave it for you guys to enjoy making. I would suggest picking up Create Greater Demiplane at somepoint though, since Spherewalker does a lot of landmark stuff you can set a gate or a ring gate and build it into your Starknife and do some cool stuff with that.

Keep in mind I made this build to go against my GM's personal Lich sorceror build so it does good against magic users, but can pretty much trump anyone as long as you don't get ambushed with a giant damage number.

Anyways this has been an overview of Butterfly Fight Club ~ENJOY

Roland St. Jude
2018-07-30, 12:03 AM
Sheriff: Please don't revive old threads. See the Forum Rules under Thread Necromancy for details.