PDA

View Full Version : Making Stormguard Warrior work with a Throw Weapon.

heavyfuel
2014-06-30, 03:21 PM
The Stormguard Warrior's Combat Rhythm would be perfect for a Boomerang Daze build I'm making, unfortunately, it only works for melee attacks and melee damage rolls.

The obvious solution to this problem is to get a 2 lv dip in Bloodstorm Blade, which would make all my attacks melee attacks. The relevant bit of Thunderous Throw being "you can choose to treat your ranged attack rolls with thrown weapons as melee attacks for the rest of your turn". This bit means I can use Boomerang with it, I assume. However, my Melee Attack roll is based of my Str, an attribute I intended to dump due to low point buy (25) while I focus on Dex to fuel my trip attempts from Master Thrower's Trip Shot.

So BS Blade isn't perfect, but its the best I could come up with. Is there another way to make Combat Rhythm work with my Boomerang? Before anyone suggests, using Aptitude Weapons/Weapon Aptitude for anything other than Weapon Focus, EWP or Weapon Specialization would be considered too cheesy for my table, and likely be banned by the DM.

heavyfuel
2014-07-01, 10:35 AM
Really, no one knows of a way?

If there's a way to use my Dex modifier instead of my Str one for the "melee" attack, then BS Blade would be perfect. Unfortunately, Weapon Finesse won't work without DM cooperation because a Boomerang isn't a light weapon by RAW.