PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Three Brothers Update -- Help on Prestige Classes and Ideas for 4th Half Bro BBEG

Talionis
2014-07-01, 12:36 PM
Original Post here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?358677-Help-with-Suggestions-for-a-Party-of-Three-Brothers

The premise is that Three Brothers are going out into the world. The idea is that they should be fun to play and give room for lots of options in different situations.

1. Oldest Brother. 5 Marshal/2 Soldier of Light/? Swordsage/ 3 Master Thrower (He is going to take Clarion Commander feat, use the Setting Sun throws to throw enemies away from him and allow them to be flanked) Doing extra damage with the Marshal flanking aura and the White Raven stance that does half initiator level to damage. Also going to take Trickery Devotion to have a clone that can project a different Marshal aura allowing Focus Strength and Focus Something of War to double Charisma bonuses to Throws. Do I just go the rest of the way in Swordsage? At level 20 he can get 8th level maneuvers and some of the Tiger style maneuvers work well with Thrown weapons. Its really feat heavy and may require two flaws. I was trying to think of a way to change Swordsage's AC bonus to be Charisma based, but I didn't want to add an arcane casting class?

2. Middle Brother. 6 Totemist/ 4 Beastmaster/ 10 Ironsoul Forgemaster. He is going to be the "Hermit Tinkerer" I think he can get three Wolves as pets between feats and share his soulmelds with them to make them pretty nasty opponents. He also can craft weapons and armor for the brothers.

3. Youngest Brother. 6 Dungeon Crasher Fighter/9 Warblade/5 Deepstone Sentinel. He is the pure fighter less thinker in the bunch. Although he enjoys architecture and building buildings so he'll use the Pillars he can create with Deepstone Sentinel to create buildings, but also as walls that he can Dungeon Crash people into. He also can use his avalanche abilities with his Dungeoncrasher abilities turning him into a nasty charging opponent.

Someone had previously said in the thread that the Brothers should have a stepbrother who is the BBEG that they have to fight. I'm looking for good ideas on this Bad Guy. Something that foils the brothers well.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-07-01, 12:47 PM
I'd go with some kind of intimidate/fear build (Fear Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3809.0)), such as a (Savage (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#bardVariantSavageBard) ) Bard 8/ Dread Witch 1/ Nightmare Spinner 1/ Sublime Chord 2/ Dread Witch 4/ Nightmare Spinner 4, using Inspire Awe from Dragon Magic instead of Inspire Courage and trading one of his songs (Suggestion) for Haunting Melody per ECS. Throw on Dreadful Wrath in PGtF if he can qualify. Get those first prestige class dips asap, max out Intimidate with Imperious Command in DotU, Fearsome armor in DotU, and the Never Outnumbered skill trick in CS. Give him high Str and Cha with a two-handed weapon or a one-handed weapon used in both hands (made from Pandemonic Silver in CW), a Circlet of Rapid Casting in MIC, and buffs like (Greater) Mirror Image and Haste. Give him a custom Runestaff (MIC p224) with 1/day buffs and situational spells. If he's high enough level to have Sublime Chord levels be sure to give him Friendly Fire from Exemplars of Evil. I'd also include Elusive Target from CW.