PDA

View Full Version : Creating Ioun Stones?

Max Caysey
2014-07-01, 01:04 PM
Hi...

I was wondering is anyone could help me. I want to create Ioun stones that gives competence, morale and circumstance bonus to ability checks. My problem is, that the rules on pag 285 of DMG, does not specify the price for ability checks, nor does it specify morale or circumstance.

So... can anyone help me.?

Madbranch
2014-07-01, 01:23 PM
If I recall correctly the price for skill boosting items is fairly low. Bonus^2*100gp. For +1 that would be 100 gp, for +10 it would be 10.000 gp. For +30 (highest non epic item) it would be 90.000 gp.

The prices for ioun stones seem to be the same when going for a competence bonus in single skill, but somewhat different if you go for more skills in one stone.

You can find the spreadsheet here:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/ioun-stones

It shouldn't be hard to find a stone similar to the one that suits your needs, and than assume the price is the same.

Werephilosopher
2014-07-01, 01:43 PM
Remember that whatever price you calculate needs to be doubled if you're making it an ioun stone, because they are slotless.

Max Caysey
2014-07-01, 01:55 PM
Specifically I want to de-construct Pale Green Prism, so that the +1 competence bonus is applied to ability checks. But I seem to be unable to find good information on this.

Furtermore Torc of the Titans, from MiC does the job well, but it last for 1 round and has 3 charges. How do I calculate what it would cost to be a continues effect?

Thanks

Can I assume, that Armbands of Might, can be created as Ring of Might, Headband of Might, Gloves of Might etc... So to gain the bonus multiple times... since they are unspecified bonuses=?

Melcar
2014-07-02, 11:55 AM
I dont know about the pricing of the Iounstone, but I would simply divide the price of the Green prism, into how many things it added +1 to. and then use that number to figure out how much it would be for a +2 to +5.

Concerning your Armbands of Might, they can indeed be made into a ring, headband etc, and since its an untyped bonus, you can stack it.

Hope it helps.