PDA

View Full Version : Looking for art for characters.

IAmTehDave
2014-07-01, 02:55 PM
As my imagesearch-fu is weak, and I know many playgrounders are fans of (and many perhaps are colelctors of) Fantasy art, perhaps someone might have some images that would work for a couple of my characters? Any help would be appreciated.

Character 1:
Setting has different PHB races as different human subsets. Character is a "halfling" (very short Spanish) kid. (human age 17)
Stats (for comparison): Str 10 dex 18 con 12, soulknife/soulbow wearing chain shirt, buckler, and a shortbow. (pretending to use it)
Thinking small, wiry, dark hair, sensible adventuring clothes with the chain shirt.
((Alternatively, if there's a picture out there of someone with a shortbow and buckler, wearing a poncho and sombrero (or other desert hat) that would work too, thanks to the most recent side-arc))

Character 2:
Human with dragonscale skin, no hair. (Dragonfire adept, 7 wis. He was told as a child that he's a dragon adopted by his family, never believed anything else. When he started breathing fire, it became impossible to dispel his delusion)
again stats for comparison: Str 10 dex 12 con 20
Height not quite important, but he uses a mithril chain shirt, and possibly a shield and hammer. Also an accomplished smith, so maybe something with a forge might work?

I have searched DA, google image search, trolled a bit of 4chan, elfworld... Can't find anything that quite works for either of them. (For example, every Dragonscaled human I can find actually has hair. It wouldn't work for Character 2 because he's trying to move away from looking human. (Though thanks to Humanoid Form he can look like any humanoid he feels like that day))

Any help would be appreciated, even if it's just pointing to perhaps sources I might not have thought of.
(Note: not looking for getting character art commissioned, just trying to see if the Playground has better imagesearch-fu than I do.)

Socksy
2014-07-01, 05:16 PM
Tabletop Resources (http://tabletopresources.tumblr.com/) on tumblr. If you're unfamiliar with the site, try typing the class names into the little search bar thingy on the blog.

Dimers
2014-07-01, 10:37 PM
I heartily recommend taking this question to the good people of Dungeons and Dreamboats (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?350310-Dungeons-and-Dreamboats-VI-Because-Breasts-It-s-not-complex), right here on this forum. Its purpose has evolved to include image-hunts responding to requests for character art.

IAmTehDave
2014-07-02, 01:42 AM
@socksy: thanks for the site. Some impressive art in there, can't really see anything I'm going for, though I might find some inspiration in there. Never know.

@Dimers: I saw that thread, wasn't sure if it would have been breaking etiquette to hop in there with a request, especially as I'm not sure I have the time or (TBH) patience to scroll through the entire thing first. Will post a feeler in there though. Thanks.