PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder kingdom building ideas and questions

HerbieRAI
2014-07-02, 06:17 AM
I'm going to be GMing a pathfinder kingmaking campaign (not kingmaker specifically). I'm going to be using the ultimate campaign rules to patch up some of the problems, and thinking of adding the following houserules.

1) A maximum of 3 districts per hex (you can still make a metropolis with 3 disitricts.)
2) only one of each type of improvment allowed in a hex (so a hex can have a road, watchtower, and farm; but not 2 farms)
3) Millitary units have to be housed. Garrisons and barracks house 100 men, castles house 200, and forts house 300.
4) Instead of random magic items, the different buildings and city worth will unlock items they can buy. For example, the achemist will allow the party to buy one minor potion or minor wounderous item per month. The items are also capped by the worth of the city.

Its my first time running a game like this, so do these sound like good changes? Also, how big should I make the hexmap? Is there something that needs to change to make the rules work better (thats not addressed by the above)?