PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Monster Creation, thinkin Cloaker

PraxisVetli
2014-07-02, 07:12 AM
So, I need you build some creatures for a group of lvl ~30's.
IMPORTANT NOTE. THE ONLY MAGE IN THE GROUP IS A WARMAGE/RAINBOW SERVANT THAT SPECIALIZES IN MINOR BUFFING AND HEALS. THINK OF HIM AS A POTION VENDING MACHINE, REALLY NOT A WHOLE LOT MORE. leave your 'how you no caster' comments at the door, please.
Now, I wanted something.. Con-drainy. Obviously, Vampire/Monstrous Vampire is a good start, but I feel like mixing it up a bit.
I was scrolling through the MM, and I saw, the Cloaker, which I've never seen be used. So now's as good a time as any, right?
I added in Pseudonatural, Shadow, and advanced the HD to full. I then dropped in Dungeonbred, because Huge was unnecessary.
However, I wanted them to fight ~5 of them, but that's still not going to be enough, I'm 3-4 CR short of where I want to be.
The fight should go something along the lines of, Players walk into a large chamber of the cave complex they're in, and Cloakers, from hiding, pop Mirror Image, and their Maddening Scream. They then begin swirling around the players, occasionally one will drop in and grapple onto a character. Once grappled, the Cloaker will stick all its tentacly goodness into the character for Rotting Constriction to take place.

I'm thinking of just dropping some levels into Beguiler or something, so that I might put Silent Images of the Grappled Players being fine over them, so the others don't notice.
Any suggestions?

side, gotta go to work, won't be able to drop back in till around 3ish (its 7 here)

PraxisVetli
2014-07-02, 02:42 PM
somebody?
anybody?

PraxisVetli
2014-07-02, 08:35 PM
shameless self bump