PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Synthesist

AbbyWhisper
2014-07-02, 11:06 AM
Okay so this is my first post here. I plan on making a Synthesist Summoner for a Rise of the Rune lords game my DM plans to run soon. The idea I have for her is that she was born blind but sees through her eidolon's eyes. I know there are rules for being blind besides being affected by Blindness/Deafness but I can't seep to find them on my Pathfinder Open Reference App. Can I get some help please? :).

Spore
2014-07-02, 03:43 PM
Blinded: The creature cannot see. It takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class, loses its Dexterity bonus to AC (if any), and takes a –4 penalty on most Strength- and Dexterity-based skill checks and on opposed Perception skill checks. All checks and activities that rely on vision (such as reading and Perception checks based on sight) automatically fail. All opponents are considered to have total concealment (50% miss chance) against the blinded character. Blind creatures must make a DC 10 Acrobatics skill check to move faster than half speed. Creatures that fail this check fall prone. Characters who remain blinded for a long time grow accustomed to these drawbacks and can overcome some of them.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/glossary.html#_blinded

grarrrg
2014-07-02, 10:40 PM
Can dip one level of Oracle and take the Clouded Vision Curse (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/oracle-curses)
Not actually Blindness, but you can't see anything past 30 feet.
(non-Oracle levels count 1/2 towards Curse bonuses)

Psyren
2014-07-03, 08:31 AM
I would make it a flaw and give you a bonus feat. When you're merged with your eidolon you do not suffer the penalties of being blind (though I might impose a different one since you are receiving your sensory information in a very nonstandard way) and if your eidolon ever disappears you revert to being blind, making losing your eidolon during a fight extremely dangerous.

TL;DR a custom flaw may be the best way to represent this.

kabreras
2014-07-03, 08:43 AM
flaws in PF give a trait not a feat

Psyren
2014-07-03, 08:47 AM
flaws in PF give a trait not a feat

Those are drawbacks actually, not flaws. Being blind is considerably harsher than a drawback.

Flaws are not part of base Pathfinder - they would have to be ported in from 3.5.