PDA

View Full Version : Wrongfully Acused? OOTS 419 [Possible spoilers]

TheOtherMC
2007-02-26, 08:45 PM
Hey, anyone else notice that random guy in Nale's adjacent cell in the third panel of 419? What do you think he's in for? Larceny? Theft? Hitting a puppy?

DEBATE AWAY!

inky13112
2007-02-26, 08:48 PM
I'm gonna have to say not wearing blue was his crime. Note the gray shirt. And hes probably not another fallen paladin, and they apparently don't have prison uniforms, therefore it must be his clothes. And I'm guessing citizens are required to wear blue (ninja's don't count) hence hes in prison for gray wearing. Thats my take anyways.

TheOtherMC
2007-02-26, 08:55 PM
I also just realized these are supposed to be the special anti-magic cells right? (Since putting a sorcerror and an evil outsider together in mundane walls is just asking for it.) So this guy would have to have done or been something particularly nasty to be put there.

Charity322
2007-02-26, 09:07 PM
He can't have hit a puppy or the wall between his and Thog's cell would be down and he would be dead. :smalltongue:

LOL at Thog sleeping through the whole thing. And still in the leprechaun suit, complete with beard.

Interesting that they put Sabine in a separate cell from Nale and Thog. Either they're segregated by sex or they were afraid of what they could plot together.

TheOtherMC
2007-02-26, 09:11 PM
He can't have hit a puppy or the wall between his and Thog's cell would be down and he would be dead. :smalltongue:

LOL at Thog sleeping through the whole thing. And still in the leprechaun suit, complete with beard.

Interesting that they put Sabine in a separate cell from Nale and Thog. Either they're segregated by sex or they were afraid of what they could plot together.

As a rule of thumb I'd probably put a blatantly evil-outsider in a seperate cell from anyone.

And I realize now your point about the puppies. If anyone hurt a puppy thog would instantly wake up and.....wait.....did you just capitalize "thog"?! BLASPHEMY!!!!! (its ok, i dont care but im sure someone else will soon...sigh....)

1337_master
2007-02-26, 09:30 PM
Perhaps he was an associate of a CERTAIN sky pirate?

Tilian
2007-02-26, 09:35 PM
Possibly a surviving ninja death squad member?

Fale
2007-02-26, 09:57 PM
Perhaps it's just me, but he looks a lot like the assassin from the Inn storyline. Comic here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0235.html). Some style of hair too. He's just missing his mask(?) across his mouth.

inky13112
2007-02-26, 09:57 PM
As mentioned in the other thread I think Tilians got it. Ninjas have a walk through walls ability, therefore antimagic cells make perfect sense.

TheOtherMC
2007-02-26, 09:58 PM
Perhaps it's just me, but he looks a lot like the assassin from the Inn storyline. Comic here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0235.html). Some style of hair too. He's just missing his mask(?) across his mouth.

The shadowdancer? Huh...maybe.

BTW diggin' the dopefish avatar man. Rock on Commander Keene!

Tilian
2007-02-26, 09:58 PM

Oh crap....that would be great!

TheOtherMC
2007-02-26, 10:01 PM
Oh crap....that would be great!

I can see that now. He happened to accidently jump into an AC jail-cell :smallbiggrin: HAHA

Where's his quirky little partner though?

*Sorry, still not quite sure how to work spoiler tags....yeah still after all this time...*

Tilian
2007-02-26, 10:05 PM
I can see that now. He happened to accidently jump into an AC jail-cell :smallbiggrin: HAHA

Where's his quirky little partner though?

*Sorry, still not quite sure how to work spoiler tags....yeah still after all this time...*

Here ya go!

[ spoiler ] words [ /spoiler ]

Except without the spaces.

And yeah, there is the matter of that dwarf...

Demented
2007-02-26, 10:29 PM
But... but... THERE AREN'T ANY FRIGGIN' SHADOWS!!!

Ahem.

<_<?

Tmabbbb
2007-02-26, 11:08 PM
It could be that shadowdancer. He does look quite similar to the assassin we saw earlier. As well, it would make sense for him to accidently jump into Azure City after he saw that shadow at the inn. The dwarf could be explained, as they were isolated when the shadowdancer left the inn. That guy being the assassin would make quite a lot of sense.

Draz74
2007-02-26, 11:20 PM
Possibly same guy? Yeah, sure.

Likely? No. Giant would have given us more of a hint.

Shadow Jumped into the prison by accident? NO! Duh! This is weeks later. If that IS our favorite Shadowdancer, then he no doubt got caught and arrested for something else entirely in the intervening time. Which is why the Dwarf isn't with him -- if they both got caught and arrested, then the guards figured the dwarf (without his equipment) was harmless, and put him in the non-Antimagic section.

... Hmm. Thog in the antimagic section? Why? Barbarians don't have any abilities that are affected, do they? Oh well, I guess there's magic items to consider (like items of strength that could help Thog break down bars). Maybe they learned their lesson from Belkar's hidden Ring of Jumping. Or maybe they just figured Thog is safer when he's with Nale -- if he were apart from Nale, he might start breaking things just to get back to Nale.

krossbow
2007-02-26, 11:22 PM
thog have magic within....

mistaken for a leprachaun possibly?
________
FORD FREESTAR SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Freestar)

Haruki-kun
2007-02-26, 11:23 PM
Definitely Ninja guy (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0229.html) from the Inn.

EDIT: OOPS, someone already said that, lol ^^'

Pesi
2007-02-26, 11:27 PM
Hey, anyone else notice that random guy in Nale's adjacent cell in the third panel of 419? What do you think he's in for? Larceny? Theft? Hitting a puppy?
Probably for Having "That Look"(TM).

Lemur
2007-02-26, 11:53 PM
Thog's there simply because the Order of the Stick said to imprison all of the Linear Guild in the antimagic cells when they asked for the favor.

Spiky
2007-02-27, 12:18 AM
That guy is there to show that the Giant hasn't forgotten about scenery and "other" people. And he's in the anti-magic cell because that's where the "camera" is for this scene.

MrBean13
2007-02-27, 03:08 AM

Ahem.

<_<?

Apparently. After all it's a stick-figure comic and has never had shadows except when the shadowdancer needed them to ecape and therefor the Giant did, too. So, why shouldn't there have been shadows in Azure City (it hadn't to be the prison) at least when the "pirates" Elan travelled with used their alchemistic fire (spelling?)? And then he simply was captured. A second reason he couldn't jump into a shadow inside the cells is that these are, as pointed out already, antimagical. I guess, it doesn't only shield magical powers from the inside but also from the outside, what would make sense because this way any attack from the outside to break into the jail through the walls would be prevented.

Or because of his "Hulk"-feature. :smallbiggrin:

Demented
2007-02-27, 06:36 AM
I'm actually expecting the shadowdancer to appear later on, specifically when we next see shadows in the comic. Followed immediately by the dwarf exclaiming: "Finally! That took months! Ye moron, next time ye consider jumpin' inta a shadow, make sure there's a shadow ye can jump out of!"

Vargtass
2007-02-27, 09:51 AM

This is the best alternative so far! Plotwise, it would also explain why he had to find it, and keep it...

Dectilon
2007-02-27, 10:21 AM
Shadow is of course relative. How low must the lumen be before he can escape through it? I mean, as long as he's not sitting on the sun the light IS obscured in some way : )

Zanaril
2007-02-27, 10:35 AM
I thought the assassin guy from the inn.

Dunno, it's possible.

Jewel Thief
2007-02-27, 10:49 AM
No, different hair. It's somebody else.

Maybe when Thog, Sabine, Elan and the others break out of jail, possibly during the Azure city battle, he'll get a little spotlight time, maybe say a few humorous lines.

Roderick_BR
2007-02-27, 10:51 AM

Ahem.

<_<?
Maybe there had a shadow in the dungeon... the only shadow he found XD

Callista
2007-02-27, 11:16 AM
mistaken for a leprachaun possibly?Only thog could be so silly as to mistake himself for a leprechaun.

Palpie
2007-02-27, 11:27 AM
He probably had tried to board Shojo's Junk with out permission.

What? Were those jokes supposed to stop now that a new comic is out?

fangthane
2007-02-27, 11:43 AM
Shadow is of course relative. How low must the lumen be before he can escape through it? I mean, as long as he's not sitting on the sun the light IS obscured in some way : )
Erm, yes, but the whole joke (as brought up back at the Inn) is that since Rich doesn't draw shadows, the world of OotS doesn't have any shadows he could jump into, normally. If their world were as articulate as the fanciful drawings of the police sketch artist, things would be different.

The guy in the jail could be our pal the Shadowdancer but the odds seem against it; the hair is close enough it could be him after a few days' dishevelment.

TheOtherMC
2007-02-27, 02:54 PM
Yeah, as cool as it WOULD be I'm starting to doubt thats actually "Guy Ninja" (As Ive affectionatly named him.)

vbushido
2007-02-27, 03:35 PM
Or because of his "Hulk"-feature. :smallbiggrin:

Barbarian special qualities are all Extraordinary and will work in an antimagic field. Nah, he's just there as a Liney (Linear Guild Member).

-----
I'm just wearing black until I find something darker

Calamity
2007-02-27, 03:42 PM
Look at the greyish parts, they look exactly where his mask woulda been, and the mask hid all of that, i think it is the Shadowdancer too

moleytov
2007-02-27, 05:43 PM
I took one look and thought shadowdancer - and I think their are enough reasons ^^^ to believe it.

MrBean13
2007-02-28, 03:22 AM
Barbarian special qualities are all Extraordinary and will work in an antimagic field. Nah, he's just there as a Liney (Linear Guild Member).

-----
I'm just wearing black until I find something darker

Didn't know. Right, one never stops learning. :smallsmile:

TheOtherMC
2007-02-28, 05:50 PM
Didn't know. Right, one never stops learning. :smallsmile:

And knowing is half the battle! GO JOE!!!

PirateMonk
2007-02-28, 06:01 PM
I like the absurd idea that Hinjo is the shadow dancer and dyes his hair.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-02-28, 07:07 PM
Its too early to tell, really. He'll either give us more of a hint within the next strip or two, or he'll leave him as a completely random background character, unknown to us. Probably. Unless he waits like 60 strips then suddenly pulls out the identity. I know that I wouldn't be above doing that in my writing.

NullAshton
2007-02-28, 07:24 PM
He looks suspiciously like the wizard that was drunk and tried teleporting.

TheOtherMC
2007-02-28, 08:13 PM
He looks suspiciously like the wizard that was drunk and tried teleporting.

But then why did they throw him in the cells? To sober up? I mean, being that high level of a wizard I can understand the posible logic behind the anti-magic but....

(Sorry if I seem argumentative, Ive been playing alotta Phoenix Wright lately :smallbiggrin: )

Andiamo
2007-03-01, 04:39 PM
I guess its larceny. I'm still hoping its the assassin.

Hephaestus
2007-03-01, 08:28 PM
I saw him and thought, hmmm... his five o'clock shadow follows the exact shape of the Assasins mask... susupisious. His hair is also similar, albeit, a bit messier, probably from being in jail.

TheOtherMC
2007-03-01, 09:33 PM
But why would Guy Ninja need to commit grand larceny....wait....*Looks up larceny).................why?

Calamity
2007-03-03, 05:46 AM
Grand Larceny: It means to steal something of great value, roughly

Kal
2007-03-03, 01:04 PM
I think he just committed Grand Larceny to get in there for a bit of "friendly contact" with Sabine before hitching up with "unnatural acts" girl after #420!

TheOtherMC
2007-03-03, 05:16 PM
I think he just committed Grand Larceny to get in there for a bit of "friendly contact" with Sabine before hitching up with "unnatural acts" girl after #420!

Bow Chika Bow Wow?