PDA

View Full Version : Feat help

CryptbornAkryea
2014-07-03, 05:15 AM
I'm having no luck finding a feat to add Hide/Move Silently to my class skills. Is there anything like that?

Karnith
2014-07-03, 05:19 AM
The Nightbringer Initiate feat, from Faith of Eberron, makes both Hide and Move Silently class skills, though it only works for Druids/Druid levels (and requires being able to spontaneously cast Summon Nature's Ally spells).

If you're willing to spend two feats, there are some feats that you can use to add each one separately as permanent class skills - Aereni Focus and Martial Study for a Shadow Hand maneuver will get you Hide, for example. Draconic Heritage also sort of works, though somewhat like Nightbringer Initiate it only adds it as a Sorcerer class skill.

Firechanter
2014-07-03, 05:23 AM
If you have access to Pathfinder material, there are a number of Traits that add Stealth to your class skills. A Trait is supposed to be half a feat, and in PF each character gets two for free. Stealth is the consolidated skill for H/MS, just to be clear.

Apart from that, pretty much the only way in 3.5 is to take Able Learner and dip a level into a class that gives you all the skills you need. If you do this with a level of Factotum, every skill is a class skill forever.

Darrin
2014-07-03, 06:25 AM
I'm having no luck finding a feat to add Hide/Move Silently to my class skills. Is there anything like that?

Are you trying to get into Revenant Blade?

Aereni Focus (Player's Guide to Faerun) can add a class skill if you're an elf. If you're a Forestlord Elf (Dragon Magic), then Hide is automatically a class skill.

Martial Study (Tome of Battle) adds Hide as a class skill if you pick a Shadow Hand maneuver.

Draconic Heritage (Races of the Dragon) can add Hide if you pick Black/Copper dragon, or Move Silently if you pick Green dragon. You can pick this up with a 1st-level Sorcerer ACF dip.

Planar Touchstone (Planar Handbook) linked to the Catalogues of Enlightmenment will allow you to pick up the Trickery domain power, which adds Bluff, Disguise, and Hide as class skills.

Skill Knowledge (Unearthed Arcana) is part of an alternate skill system, but some DMs may allow it to be used with the existing skill system.

Flexible Mind (Dragon #326) allows you to add two class skills. Requires a chaotic alignment. Versatile (Rokugan) does something similar without the alignment restriction, if 3rd party isn't a problem.

Guerrilla Warrior (Heroes of Battle) lets you buy ranks of Hide/Move Silently as cross-class skills for only 1 skill point, sort of a mini-Able Learner. Unfortunately, the max skill rank doesn't change.

CryptbornAkryea
2014-07-03, 03:57 PM
I'm actually trying to get into Cancer Mage early.

This toon is an experiment.
Kobold Sorc6//Duskblade3/Fighter1/CM1/EldritchKnight10

He is still a WIP