PDA

View Full Version : Warlock decisions, help choosing an invocation.

Bloodgruve
2014-07-03, 11:07 AM
Hey Playgrounders,

I'm running a Clawlock currently and as we're approaching our next level I'm trying to decide on my path.

I've setup my character to be the 'scout' and trapfinder for the party in a 3.5 Temple of Elemental Evil.

My current build is
Human Rogue1/Warlock5
Feats, Able Learner/Improved Initiative/Eldritch Claws/Improved Natural Attack
Invocations; Spider Walk, All Seeing Eyes and Baleful Utterance

Next level I get my first Least Invocation. I'm having a hard time deciding which one to take.

*Fell Flight- and switch Spider Walk to See the Unseen. Mobility
*The Dead Walk- I want a team of undead horses to pull our cart around... Utility and extra actions.
*Flee the Scene- This is my favorite flavor wise. Mobility and the DM may help me get into Sun School.

I'm building my character to be a melee damage dealer so mobility is super important which is why I'm interested in Flee the Scene. I'm planning a couple magic items though, Anklet of Translocation, Quicksilver Boots, Horizonwalker Chronocharm, etc.. so I'm wonder just how valuable Flee the Scene would be.

Our party consists of Summoning Cleric, IC Bard, Trans Wizard, Jumpy Barbarian and myself. Cleric has optimized some but the rest of the party is basically taking suggestion on their builds from myself.

What Invocation would you take if you were sitting in my shoes?

Much appreciated,

Blood~

Ferronach
2014-07-03, 11:50 AM
I think it was Snowbluff who said in his guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?265455-The-Newest-Warlock-Handbook-3-5) to Warlocks that there is no reason that "The Dead Walk" cannot grant you a form of flight.
He mentioned making a zombie of a flying creature and riding it. Be warned, this may "upset" some of the party...

Personally I like using a combo of Fell Flight and invisibility (spell/pots at lower levels, Walk Unseen later) to fly over the trash and claw the BBEG's face off before he knows what is happening....