PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Looking for mechanical help with a serpentine binder BBEG!

OverdrivePrime
2014-07-03, 01:34 PM
I need a powerful (CR 14-16) spellcaster and manipulator for a long-running NPC/BBEG for my Pathfinder game. The NPC needs to be from a serpentine - or at least scaly - race, with strong ties to the Naga - a nearly vanished race on my world, the surviving members of whom bitterly hate the mammalian races such as elves, goblins and giants. Also, due to things that have also happened in-game, the NPC needs to have been able to bind a Glabrezu (12 HD) to its service.

This NPC will favor using magically-bound agents to work it's will in the outside world, and likely is holed up in a highly defensible safehouse/fortress of great luxury and comfort.

The NPC distrusts devils and considers them rivals. He or she will not summon or bind devils except when there is a way to tightly control and then permanently destroy them immediately afterward.

Since this NPC is a survivor who plots for the long-game, he/she needs to be able to get out of harm's way when the PC's inevitably kick in the door with an improbable plan most likely involving absurd disguises and a waste of a perfectly good dirigible.

The NPC should be a great cult leader, with scores of lesser scaly creatures and plenty of slaves at its beck and call.

The NPC is most definitely a bad person who does bad things in the name of vengeance. It feels like it has a terrible score to settle with elves in particular.

I was kind of thinking just a Spirit Naga Sorcerer 8, but that seems a tad plain. Would Oracle be a better choice? Are there any prestige classes that deal specifically in demon binding? I saw Genie Binder, and that could definitely work as a Spirit Naga Sorcerer 3/ Genie Binder 5. The level 5 ability of Genie Binder (Spell Like Binding 1/day) is absolutely sick and wrong, and would be great fun for this character to abuse Minimus Containment.

A little help? How would you guys go about constructing such a foe?