PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern CXLVIII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Kyrian
2007-02-26, 09:47 PM
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/TrogTavern100.gif
Come and enjoy our unique beverages! Enjoy the casual atmosphere in our Casablanca-meets-rustic-Asian facilities. Chat with friends out on the bamboo patio or stroll inside and grab a private, fern-surrounded booth.

Trog's Tavern has been enchanted to be indestructible. Please refrain from attempting to damage it, as it will not work.

Theme Song (http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/televisioncity/cheerssong.html)

NOW HIRING: Bartenders, Cooks, Talented bards, Burly bouncers, etc.
(Hey bards: just take spotlight in the tavern's center and start singing!)

STAFF:
Manager: El Jaspero
Bouncers: Hoseki, Tempest Stormwing, Valthreborn Valthera
Bartender: Trog, El J, Nina, Paige, Cosmo, Alex Shipmaster, Erdan
Cook: Kobold Who
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/npc_servers.gif

Trog would like to introduce:

Nina - a feisty and vivacious 18 year old (she's legal). Mean and completely unavailable.

Paige - a sweet and wholesome elf working her way through college at SIU here in town.

Cosmo - a quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel.

All will be happy to serve you. ((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

GET A FREE DRINK ON YOUR FIRST BARBARIAN POST HERE!

THE CURRENT DRINK MENU
Wines:
Catoblepas Sauvingnon
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Kobold Chianti - Tart and tangy! Try it with fava beans!
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Purple Worm Pinot - Earthy aroma.
Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.

Bar Drinks:
Pina CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Swampwater - A Phosphorescent lemon-lime delight
Jasphattan - Sweet vermouth with bitters and more.
White Russian Wukei - Vodka, Kahlua, and Milk.
Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning.
Mai Tai - Dark and pineapple juice.
Sneak on the Beach - Vodka, Cranberry juice, pineapple juice and Peach Schapps.
Rust Monster - Scotch and Drambuie.
Coffee Martini - buzzzzz.
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
Ice Liqueur - Guaranteed to cool you down.
Dwarf Spirits Available
Aboleth Absinthe
LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
Dragon's Liver Buster - The strongest drink in the house. Don't say we didn't warn you...
Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Rum Llamonade Daquiri
Mudslide Daquiri
Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood, the perfect drink for vampires and similar creatures.
Black Market Wallbanger
Hydrogelic's 110 proof Firewater
Guild Vodka No. 3
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Haley's Liquer - named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
Wizard Blizzard - The effect depends on the spell stored in it. Other than that, it's made with crushed ice and Bourbon.

Beers Ales & Such
Grim Brewery brand Ginger - Death-o-licious!
Archon Ale
Guilders Ale
Balthor's Best
Mind Flayer Mead - Uhh... I wouldn't order this if you are not into brains and such.

Other Fine Beverages
Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
SLURPEES!
Root
Red Minotaur Energy Drink
Llamonade - that cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds.
Dragon's Fire Breath (cherry Kool-Aid) for the kids!
Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation.
Hot Chocolate - with little marshmallows and stuff.

To Munch
Hot Spicy Peanuts
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips with hot cheese and meat dip - soooo good.
Fortune Cookies - I got this deal with a local factory see...
Bamhacon!!!
Gyros
Salads (Spring Greens, Caesar, and Italian Pasta)
Who's Surprise

Desserts
Muffins
Brownies

Also: Fine Cigars Available from our humidor. Coffin Nail cigarettes.
Be sure to check out the excellent banjowood carving above the fireplace!

Dryken
2007-02-26, 09:49 PM
((North America and parts of Europe missed the box. :P ))

*The box lets out a happy "yip!" noise and uses one of it's flaps to five Crystal a big, sloppy lick on the cheek. It then flies towards Dryken and circles around his feet before resting*

ValKey
2007-02-26, 09:50 PM
*Crystal smiles as she sees Ishmale*I slept well enough*laughs as the box licks her rubbing her cheek a little bit*How does a box lick?

Blood
2007-02-26, 09:52 PM
((I'm back, with more pet peeves than ever! CXLIVIII should be CXLVIII. :smallsmile: Thanks.))

Uberblah
2007-02-26, 09:52 PM
Ishmale smiles back.
Well that's good.
He looks confused about the box question then sees the box that's being talked about.

AmberVael
2007-02-26, 09:53 PM
Fenix closes his eyes and flames begin to race across his skin, far stronger and brighter than normal. He shivers at the energy, and when he reopens his eyes they are almost blazing red.

((repost))

ValKey
2007-02-26, 09:54 PM
*Crystal walks to Ishmale*Care if I join you?

Dryken
2007-02-26, 09:55 PM
*Dryken, being very good at hearing and being able to hear thoughts (him being a mind flayer and all) smirks.

"It's one of those questions that's really better left unanswered. Just know that flaps are involved and it does it because it likes you"

*A different kind of belching noise comes from the box. This time from somewhere under it. Dryken takes his hand and covers what he can only assume is his nose*

Uberblah
2007-02-26, 09:57 PM
Ishmale pulls out the chair next to himself for Crystal.
Of course not, O mighty Queen.

ValKey
2007-02-26, 09:58 PM
*Looks at Dryken and reaches out to pet the box*Well I like it too, it's very cute. Does the box have a name? Maybe he would like to play with Shari *she points to her feather duster, which spins over to the box checking it out*

phoenixineohp
2007-02-26, 09:59 PM
Phoenix purrs while kissing his neck and flexing her fingers slightly, enjoying his pleasure and transferring every last ounce there is.

Dryken
2007-02-26, 10:01 PM
*Looks at Crystal and Shari*
"it's name is just Box, and no one has been sure if it is a he or a she. It doesn't seem to mind that much anyways. And Box is rather friendly. It took care of some kids a while ago."

*Box suspiciously sniffs the spinning feather duster and lets out a yip that could only be translated into "who are you, then?". But since there are no box to commonspeak translators in existence since box is the only one of it's kind, we'll just assume that's what he means.*

AmberVael
2007-02-26, 10:02 PM
Fenix's wings burn into existance and he furls them around Phoenix and himself. He pulls her closer and kisses her. I'm thinking we do need to go upstairs.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-02-26, 10:04 PM
Vespe wakes up from his disco induced coma and leaves.

Uberblah
2007-02-26, 10:06 PM
Vespe wakes up from his disco induced coma and leaves.

((i don't want to, but i can't help it. disco-induced coma?))

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-26, 10:07 PM
Chaotic Bob continues his writing, frowning now and then.

The shadows in the rafters slide together and condense into a vaguely lizard-folk shaped creature. The creature recalls events from the previous night and radiates sadistic pleasure.
One down...
It frowns and shakes its head.
Grr, I was in that fool's body too long. Speaking of which...
It collapses back into shadows, which subtly fuse with a departing NPC's shadow.

phoenixineohp
2007-02-26, 10:08 PM
Phoenix grins and they disappear.

Dryken
2007-02-26, 10:08 PM
((i don't want to, but i can't help it. disco-induced coma?))

((He gave in to the FEVER of the MUSIC!! *does sophisticated dance that John Travolta only WISHES he could copy))

Uberblah
2007-02-26, 10:10 PM
((He gave in to the FEVER of the MUSIC!! *does sophisticated dance that John Travolta only WISHES he could copy))

((nice moves *starts doing some disco moves but fails horribly* oh man))

ValKey
2007-02-26, 10:13 PM
*smirks at Ishmale*Queen, your still with that?*she laughs, and Shari bows over to Box. Starting to try and dust him. Which..means..the feather duster likes to dust I suppose*

Uberblah
2007-02-26, 10:17 PM
Ishmale shiftily glances around the room.
Maybe...
Ishmale starts laughing.
You came over here to sit. So why are you still standing?
He starts laughing harder.

ValKey
2007-02-26, 10:19 PM
*she sits down near Ishmale* I forgot to sit I guess*she blushed at him*

Dryken
2007-02-26, 10:20 PM
*the box sniffs Shari and pokes her with a flap. It flies off hiding somewhere in the room letting a yip out that can probably be it's way of saying "you're it!" allowing the games to begin.*

((gotta do some heavy shoveling before I turn in...damn snow... *Sprays an aerosol can in the air hoping to start up more global warming so he doesn't have to go shovel...*

And Ishmale, sweet moves. But how about THISSSS? *Does a fantastic slide across the floor and does a michael jackson spin* WOO!

ValKey
2007-02-26, 10:22 PM
*the feather duster starts to fly over to chase around the box, in a silly game of tag. Crystal watched this in amusement*

Uberblah
2007-02-26, 10:22 PM
((oh God!! it's MJ!! run!! *quick footsteps in the distance*))
Ishmale watches the game of tag with interest. He turns to Crystal.
You never mentioned that Shari could move on her own!!

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-26, 10:23 PM
Chaotic Bob reaches into a bag at his side and pulls out a spiked chain. He examines it for a moment and snaps his wrist while holding it. The links begin to interlock and it forms into a scythe. He smiles and sets it on the table, writing some more.

ValKey
2007-02-26, 10:28 PM
*she giggles at Ishmale*of course she can, do you think I would have a normal feather duster?

Uberblah
2007-02-26, 10:31 PM
Ishmale grins at Crystal.
As your best friend, I guess not.

Kyrian
2007-02-26, 10:32 PM
Vaj tires of the tavern and leaves.

ValKey
2007-02-26, 10:34 PM
The only problem is..she can't talk. It's good to have a friend who can

Uberblah
2007-02-26, 10:39 PM
He bows.
Glad to be of service.

ValKey
2007-02-26, 10:46 PM
*Crystal looks over at him giggling a little*Oh I cleaned the house before I left, it is nice and shiny now

Uberblah
2007-02-26, 10:49 PM
You did? Thank you! You know you didn't have to, right?
Ishmale goes to give Crystal a hug.

ValKey
2007-02-26, 10:51 PM
*Crystal smiles as he hugs her*Some habits are hard to break*tilts her head to look at him, touching his head with a hand*

Uberblah
2007-02-26, 10:55 PM
Ishmale smiles as Crystal touches his head.
Well, I'm not saying it's a bad habit.
Ishmale chuckles a little.

Dryken
2007-02-26, 10:59 PM
*Dryken takes a final sip of his tea and lets out a sad smile. He then gets up and whistles (somehow) to Box, who stops it's flying around. It gives a goodbye yip to it's new feather duster friend and follows Dryken, who gives Crystal a tip of the hat. A black hole appears before Dryken as he walks into it with Box floating behind him. The portal closes.

((Night all.))

Uberblah
2007-02-26, 11:00 PM
((night.))

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-26, 11:01 PM
((night))

Chaotic Bob stares at the scythe for a few moments, lost in thought.

ValKey
2007-02-26, 11:02 PM
*her feather duster flies over and lands on Crystal's head. She rubs Ishmale's head with a hand gently*I..was wondering something...*she stammered*

Uberblah
2007-02-26, 11:06 PM
Ishmale's eyes close slightly as Crystal rubs his head. He looks at her.
What are you wondering?

ValKey
2007-02-26, 11:08 PM
*Crystal gulps a little bit* If you would like to...*she mumbled the rest of the sentence*

Uberblah
2007-02-26, 11:10 PM
If I'd like to... what? Don't be nervous. I'll be fine with whatever you say.
Ishmale looks at Crystal curiously.

ValKey
2007-02-26, 11:21 PM
*she blushed a little bit*It's hard for me to say

McBish
2007-02-26, 11:23 PM
Eric walks inside moveing slowly he goes to the bar and sits down.

Uberblah
2007-02-26, 11:24 PM
Ishmale smiles.
Would you be more comfortable saying it somewhere else? Say, by the fire at the hut?

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-26, 11:28 PM
Chaotic Bob's attention shifts from the scythe back to his papers and drinks.

ValKey
2007-02-26, 11:29 PM
*Crystal looks thoughtful*I think it might be easier

McBish
2007-02-26, 11:30 PM
Eric gets a plate of Velvet Elfish and glances over at Crystal and Ishmale.

Uberblah
2007-02-26, 11:31 PM
Well then off we go.
Ishmale gets up and heads to the door, holding it open for Crystal and following her when she exits.

ValKey
2007-02-26, 11:33 PM
*she heads out for the hut in the woods*

Rebonack
2007-02-26, 11:36 PM
Maph'tey walks into Trog's. Backwards incidentally.

He's walking backwards because he is busy dragging a crystallized NPC in his mouth. The NPC's arms are wrapped around his head suggesting that his last act was an attempt to shield his face from an impending attack.

Apparently his efforts didn't help much.

The odd beast drags his prey over by the fire place and settles down. He then proceeds to begin to eat the still living, albeit crystallized, human.

Uberblah
2007-02-26, 11:39 PM
((mmmmm... nothing beats the taste of raw NPC flesh))

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-26, 11:39 PM
Chaotic Bob continues to be oblivious to all of the activity, completely abosrbed in his papers and drinks.

McBish
2007-02-26, 11:40 PM
Eric watches Maph'tey for a second then turns away a bit uncomfotable.

Rebonack
2007-02-26, 11:44 PM
*Crunch crunch crunch*

It sounds like Maph'tey is eating granola. Between every mouthful or so he glances up and looks around the tavern warily, as if expecting someone to try and steal his food.

The man in the red cloak from the day before is currently pounding on the inside of the barrier that Gent had created. He suddenly feels like an idiot and simply disintegrates the thing.

phoenixineohp
2007-02-26, 11:45 PM
((Bad Maph'tey! Bad! Bad! Put it back!))

McBish
2007-02-26, 11:47 PM
Eric glances at the guy in red and wonders why he was trapped. Then he wonders why he cares and isn't eating more right now, and returns to his food.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-26, 11:48 PM
Chaotic Bob stares blankly at the papers for a few minutes and sighs, reattuning himself to the outside world. He turns around, noting the red-robed figure.

Rebonack
2007-02-26, 11:53 PM
The man brushes off his robes and then steps closer to Maph'tey's current position, grinning like a maniac.

Maph'tey caches someone getting closer that he would like to his meal. As such, he directs a low snarl at the scrawny red two-legged thing to keep its distance.

"Let's hope nothing gets in the way this time," he mutters as he begins to chant, weaving together dark and spidery syllables hinting and ancient and blasphemous things.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-26, 11:56 PM
Chaotic Bob feels a sudden need for something interesting and draws his bow. He also flips out a few blunt-tipped arrows.

McBish
2007-02-26, 11:58 PM
Eric watches the man start to do dark and blasphemous things and curses silently. He looks over at Bob and wonders if he is going to step in.

Rebonack
2007-02-27, 12:02 AM
Maph'tey begins to look visibly agitated as the man's chanting continues.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-27, 12:07 AM
Chaotic Bob aims an arrow and nearly fires, but is interrupted.

The shadows in the rafters coalesce into the vague shape of a lizard-folk once more. It grins and hops down behind the red-robed man right before Chaotic Bob can fire. Shadow spikes shoot out of the ground with intent on impaling the man, while the being itself grows a spike on its hand and attempts to shove said growth through the man's throat.

McBish
2007-02-27, 12:07 AM
Hey man *Eric calls to red robe* quit annoying that... He decides "that" is about as good a description as possible. Then sees shadow thing attack. Well ain't that odd.

Rebonack
2007-02-27, 12:13 AM
The robed figure makes a series of gurgling noises, mainly because it's hard to chant when your esophagus is full of blood. He clutches at his neck for a moment and then slumps forward in a lifeless fashion.

Maph'tey, oddly enough, takes great offense at the murder. It isn't because he had any love for the cultist, but because he isn't about to stand letting anything else hunt on his territory. The creature stands and hisses at the shadowy being as he begins to slink forward.

McBish
2007-02-27, 12:17 AM
Eric watches without interest.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-27, 12:19 AM
Chaotic Bob watches, startled slightly.

The being regards Maph'tey with something similar to curiosity.
You are the one who degenerated to animal intelligence....
It realizes that Maph'tey won't understand this at all, but doesn't seem to care. Some shadows form the shape of a hand and attempt to drag the corpse into the air, above the being.

Rebonack
2007-02-27, 12:26 AM
Maph'tey isn't interested in the corpse. He doesn't eat dead meat. He decides that he doesn't like this shadow of a creature and that he will simply kill it rather than trying to drive it away as he normally would.

The beast rears back as he flairs his wings, sickly green fire dancing across them for a brief moment. He then sweeps them forward, hurling the incorporeal flame not at the shadow, but at the floor a few paces in front of him. The projectile promptly explodes on impact, washing over nearby tables, chairs, and a few low level NPCs and instantly disintegrating them into little more than a fine film of ash.

McBish
2007-02-27, 12:28 AM
Eric sees the disintergrating stuff and decides now is a good time to leave. He does so.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-27, 12:32 AM
Chaotic Bob vanishes and reappears in the rafters to watch from there.

The shadow being disipates, only to have shadow coalesce behind Maph'tey into the figure once more. It once more regards him with curiosity. Semi-corporeal shadow spikes shoot out to impale the wings.
Violent creature you have been reduced to.

Rebonack
2007-02-27, 12:42 AM
The spike penetrates the wing entirely, whether due to the fact that it pieced his hide or because his body isn't very solid most of the time isn't clear. The fact that Maph'tey's body is hazy and indistinct doesn't help matters.

A low hum fills the room as a hardly visible emerald aura briefly winks into existence around pretty much everything there-in. Anyone attempting to teleport around through the Plane of Shadow (or the astral plane, or pretty much anywhere else) may find the prospect rather difficult.

Maph'tey whips around rather quickly to face the shadowy being, his semi-solid tail passing through a table behind him as if the object were little more than mist. He eyes this interloper into his territory and begins to circle it.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-27, 12:47 AM
The being does not move except to rotate to keep facing Maph'tey.

Rebonack
2007-02-27, 12:52 AM
Maph'tey then proceeds to leap at the creature, talons out-stretched.

Moments before impact the entire area suddenly comes alive with shards of distorted time as the fabric of space begins to warp and rend, threatening to tear apart anything caught inside the distortion.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-27, 01:00 AM
The shadow creature is indeed shredded, quite thorougly. The problem being that since it is quite literally just solidified shadows, this is merely an inconveniance and it reforms, blinking slightly.
That hurt. A lot. For being the equivalent to an animal, you sure have some nasty abilities.
The creature then floats up about 10 feet, staring at Maph'tey.

Rebonack
2007-02-27, 01:04 AM
The odd beast is currently crouching in one of the tavern's tables glairing at the shadow.

He snarls at the being to inform it that now would be a good time for it to go away.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-27, 01:06 AM
The being shrugs and complies, having had its fill of Maph'tey.

Chaotic Bob raises an eyebrow slightly.

Rebonack
2007-02-27, 01:08 AM
Maph'tey, having successfully defended his territory, snorts at the interloper and returns to his place by the fire.

He also begins to eat the NPC again.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-27, 01:13 AM
Chaotic Bob hops down near his table taking a seat and a drink.

wxdruid
2007-02-27, 05:14 AM
Gwen walks into the Tavern and gets a hot chocolate from Cosmo before she finds a booth. She leans against the wall and puts her feet up on the seat, tucking her toes under her skirt. She sips her hot chocolate and dozes as she waits.

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 06:33 AM
Kyrian enters and sits beside Gwen, giving her a hug.

wxdruid
2007-02-27, 06:40 AM
Gwen smiles

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 06:40 AM
Morning Gwen.

wxdruid
2007-02-27, 06:44 AM
Good morning Kyrian

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 06:46 AM
Kyrian smiles. And how are you today?

wxdruid
2007-02-27, 06:47 AM
I'm awake, barely. How is your lovely wife doing?

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 06:48 AM
Wife? I'm married? Kyrian tries to give a serious look but fails and laughs. Ok, she's going to kill me later for that joke. She's doing wonderful, enjoying married laugh as much as I am.

wxdruid
2007-02-27, 06:50 AM
Gwen chuckles, Such is life. Always have to listen to the women in your life.

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 06:51 AM
Speaking of listening to women....I should get a business card...

wxdruid
2007-02-27, 06:52 AM
What for? Gwen reheats her hot chocolate and sips it.

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 06:54 AM
No real reason. Just so it can say "I'm the brawns, Lillah's all the brains."

wxdruid
2007-02-27, 06:57 AM
Gwen laughs

((Opportunities by Pet Shop Boys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep9jxGgcDQI)))

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 07:00 AM
Kyrian smiles and gives a small yawn. I think it's time for me to get back to sleep.

wxdruid
2007-02-27, 07:07 AM
Go back to your wife, silly.

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 07:09 AM
Kyrian gives her another hug, and a friendly kiss on the cheek. Take care of yourself Gwen. I'll see you around later. He gets up, and with a wave, leaves.

wxdruid
2007-02-27, 07:12 AM
Gwen finishes her hot chocolate and leaves the Tavern.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 10:16 AM
Fenix comes downstairs after his player remembers that he brought him downstairs. His eyes are simmering red, and there is an almost gloating smile on his face as he gets a fireamber and sits at the bar.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 10:24 AM
Wukei steps in, rubbing her wrists to try to get rid of the feeling that ropeburn gives. She has a large gash from above her left eye down to the opposite cheek that has stopped bleeding, but still looks awful at the moment. She sits at the bar, ordering a drink.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 10:27 AM
Fenix looks over at Wukei, and he frowns in concern.
Are you alright?
He reaches down to his belt, then realizes he doesn't have Vael's charm anymore.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 10:28 AM
Wukei draws out a cigarette from her pack and lights it, taking a long drag from it before answering, No.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 10:30 AM
If you need healing I- I... Fenix looks like he was about to reach over and cast a healing spell on her, but then he looks down at his hand with an expression of loss. After a moment he shakes his head. Should I get someone from Inari's?

Wukei
2007-02-27, 10:32 AM
She shakes her head. If I needed healing I'd do it. I have potions, and I have powers.

Thing is, I don't feel I deserve healing. She takes another puff of her cigarette then downs the spiced rum, ordering a bottle of the stuff.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 10:33 AM
I see... Fenix drops his hand down to his side, then pushes his regret away. Do you want to talk about it?

Wukei
2007-02-27, 10:38 AM
Wukei shrugs. Ah, everyone knows I've never been good at family. Are pirates ever good at family?

My husband was being attacked last night. Did the on'y thing I could think of to do: fought against his attackers. 'Cept I had to release a devil to do it. Scared off my husband...ended up killing his attacker, though.

But, my paladin granddaughter had to try to contain the devil I'd released. She downs half the bottle. Managed to do it...but it cost 'er.

She sighs, taking another puff of her cigarette. Sorry...I talk too much when I drink...

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 10:40 AM
Fenix gives a small smile. Don't worry about it; I don't mind listening. He sighs. It sounds like a hell of a situation though. Reminds me of... He shakes his head again. So what do you plan to do now?

Wukei
2007-02-27, 10:42 AM
Wukei shrugs. Thought about leaving. Won't solve anything, though. One should always face their demons, she raises her bottle as though this were something to toast to and she finishes it off.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 10:45 AM
Running from one's problems never solves them. It does, however, present your back to them. Fenix swirls what is left of his wine. And getting hit in the back isn't very pleasant.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 10:47 AM
She smiles sadly. Ah, my problems deserve the same courtesy that I had. Hitting me in the back seems about right. I'll get to fixin' 'em soon. 'Course, it'd probably be best if I weren't drunk to face 'em. I think pirates fight better drunk, though.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 10:49 AM
Fenix chuckles. Maybe so. I know I don't, but then again, I'm not a pirate. He grins. Water doesn't exactly mix well with me.

ufo
2007-02-27, 10:50 AM
Koty enters, tiresome. He looks a bit drunk, but gets to the barstool and climbs it.

"S.. jus' a choco hotlate.. or something like that.. Aw, my head.."

Wukei
2007-02-27, 10:50 AM
She smiles. Ah, ye've probably not had the right guide to the sea is all.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 10:53 AM
Fenix laughs. I wish that were the reason. Have you met Phoenix or her friend, Phoenixineohp?

Wukei
2007-02-27, 10:55 AM
She nods. I do believe it's been a while since I've seen either, though.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 10:56 AM
Do you know how they react to water? If you do... I'm the same way. Fenix finishes his wine.

ufo
2007-02-27, 10:56 AM
Koty takes a sip of the hot chocolate.

"Le's jus' hope there's no mind-mess in.. 'sis one.." Koty mumbles to himself.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 10:58 AM
Wukei glances at Koty briefly before looking back to Fenix. My friend, I have had phoenix on my ship before, as well as fire elementals and fire daemons. Only one has died, and that was due to an attack on our fair ship that he couldn't win against.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 11:00 AM
Fenix raises an eyebrow. Hmm... I guess they are more comfortable being near water than I am.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 11:02 AM
She smiles. I am charismatic enough to get a fire elemental near water. And keep 'em there for 5 years. She orders another bottle of rum and takes a drag from her cigarette.

Castaras
2007-02-27, 11:05 AM
Yu'lo'toth wakes up in her seat by the fire.

Cosmo, some water if you could be so kind.

He grumbles and gives her a glass. She pays him and then sips it, listening to all the goings ons.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 11:05 AM
Fenix grins. To drag me off to sea you'd have to compete with Phoenix... I'm not sure you could do that. She's already got her claws into me, see.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 11:07 AM
Wukei grins. Ah, well see, I don't have to compete with any woman for any man. Like I said, already had a phoenix bird on my ship. What's the point of taking out one that's not all phoenix bird? It's been done.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 11:10 AM
I'd better watch out with this conversation. Don't want Phoenix locking me away again, no matter how pleasant that might be for a time. Fenix chuckles to himself.

Baeleck
2007-02-27, 11:11 AM
The Masked One teleports into the tavern. He orders and Archon Ale and then sits by a small, low table.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 11:12 AM
Wukei laughs. So what are you, her slave? No such thing as slavery on the seas, m'friend. Not when you're a pirate. You should look in on it.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 11:14 AM
Its complicated, but I'm more interested in keeping it going than figuring out whats up with it. Fenix just grins as he gets another fireamber. I should look into piracy though, it could be fun.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 11:16 AM
Wukei smiles. No rules. S'the best thing about it. I tied myself down, getting married, but he knows that he can't keep me away from the true love of gold and the seas.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 11:18 AM
That does sound like my kind of thing. Fenix taps his fingers along the bartop. All except for the water, but I could probably find some way to deal with that.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 11:19 AM
Wukei smiles. Why don't you just get an item of Protection from Water?

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 11:22 AM
Honestly? No money. Fenix shrugs. Speaking of which, how am I going to pay for this wine... hm...

Wukei
2007-02-27, 11:23 AM
She smiles, pulling out a few gold and sets it on the counter. Consider it recompense for cheering me up.

Rebonack
2007-02-27, 11:23 AM
Maph'tey yawns and stretches as he slowly awakens. He noses at his mostly eaten but still crystallized random Townsperson for a few moments before he begins to gnaw on them again.

Incidentally, the cultist that some random shadow being stabbed in the neck is still in the middle of the floor, exceptionally dead.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 11:24 AM
Well that works. Thank you. I guess I don't have to bolt for the door when I'm finished now. Fenix winks.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 11:26 AM
She smiles. I am not your average pirate. I share my wealth where it's due.

Castaras
2007-02-27, 11:27 AM
Yu'lo'toth sips her water, thinking.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 11:28 AM
I'm probably not your average celestial either, else I would be ranting at you about your sins, and definitely wouldn't be considering life as a pirate. He looks at the gold on the bar. Which, I might add, is looking more and more tempting...

Wukei
2007-02-27, 11:30 AM
Wukei laughs. I was under the impression a celestial didn't have the right to tell a god about their sins, one way or the other? She motions for Cosmo to fill Fenix's glass.

Rebonack
2007-02-27, 11:31 AM
Maph'tey pulls off the NPC's arm with a rather audible *snap* and begins the crunchy process of consuming it.

The cultist is currently busy lying in a pool of his own congealed blood, reminding everyone that he's still there.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 11:31 AM
Fenix raises an eyebrow. Really? And you'd be surprised, some of us can get pretty righteous.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 11:35 AM
Wukei shrugs, Ah, right now a celestial has more power than I. I keep my power restricted, with good reason.

Next time I go out to sea...would you care to join me? You can bring your female, and I'll allow you to borrow a couple of my tokens, to keep you both safe near the water. I must warn you, though: I am the least liked god of the Nordic pantheon. But I do have the safety of a demigod of the sea to promise us smooth sailing. The chances that you'll get wet are very slim, indeed.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 11:40 AM
Fenix smiles. I think I just might tag along.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 11:42 AM
She smiles and nods. Very well. Next time the Jotunheim sails, I expect you and your girl to be on it.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 11:46 AM
I'll be there, if nothing prevents me. Oh, and I'm Fenix, by the way. He holds out a hand.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 11:47 AM
Karaki wanders in, looks very confused, and goes to the bar to get a drink.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 11:48 AM
Wukei shakes his hand. Captain Wukei Shipmaster of the Jotunheim. I think I saw you once a long time back, but we didn't have much time to speak. Nor introduce ourselves. Of course, at the time I was captain of the Midgard.

My ships tend to have bad luck when at port.

Castaras
2007-02-27, 11:48 AM
Yu'lo'toth leans back in her chair, thinking.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 11:49 AM
While at port? Well thats rather unusual. And yes, I do think I've seen you before.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 11:52 AM
I believe you're the one that helped me with Graklok? I believe that was his name.

Anyway, yea...port. People like to blow my ship up when I'm not on it. I'd never lost a ship before Town. People around here don't realize how important a ship is to a pirate.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 11:54 AM
Karaki gets his drink and begins to listen to the people around him.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 11:55 AM
Thats right, I remember it now. Things have gone a bit crazy for me since then... Fenix shakes his head, then stands. It has been good to talk to you, Wukei, but I think there is something I need to do...

Wukei
2007-02-27, 11:56 AM
She nods and smiles. Of course. You have a nice day.

ufo
Koty slowly turns his head and sees Karaki.

"I.. I.. do.. can y.. you hea..l? D..do you kn-know healing m-magic?" he mumbles in a weak tone, with his gnome body shaking all over.

Baeleck
The Masked One puts his feet up on the table and begins to twirl his staff.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 11:57 AM
Same to you, Captain. Fenix waves and then goes out the door, small flickers of fire trailing behind him.

Castaras
2007-02-27, 11:57 AM
Yu'lo'toth opens her eyes, fingers itching. She slowly turns to look at Koty, eyes searching for any signs of injury or sickness.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 11:59 AM
Wukei orders another bottle of spiced rum, sighing.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 12:06 PM
Karaki shakes his head.

"Sorry Good sir. Inari's has healers though."

Rebonack
2007-02-27, 12:07 PM
You can tell a group of people has become hardened against oddities when no one is particularly bothered by the prospect of having a large predatory animal in a tavern eating someone who very well may have been a patron at some point in recent history.

The specter, of course, doesn't appear to have any reservations against such actions and continues crunching away at his Townsperson meal. No toy inside, but certainly lots of crystallized flesh.

Castaras
2007-02-27, 12:09 PM
(( Hey, it's the town. It's normal! ))

A large balor appears in a swirl of magic. He orders a DLB and sips it, looking round the tavern.

Yu'lo'toth sees the demon, and looks at him carefully, before turning back to the fire.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 12:10 PM
Wukei sniffs and glances at the dead cultist on the floor. The floor around him becomes black water (the river Styx) and he sinks into it.

ufo
2007-02-27, 12:11 PM
Yu'lo'toth opens her eyes, fingers itching. She slowly turns to look at Koty, eyes searching for any signs of injury or sickness.

((Koty looks like a mix of sick and drunk))

"N-no, I ca-can't make it t..t.. to the t-temple.. I.."

Koty slowly falls asleep and smashes his head in the bar. He begins snoring.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 12:14 PM
Karaki hmms, and sips his drink, thinking.

Castaras
2007-02-27, 12:16 PM
Yu'lo'toth stands up and slowly makes her way over to Koty. She puts a hand on his forehead and begins sending waves of pure healing into him.

The balor finishes his DLB and orders a few more. He takes the drinks and disappears, leaving a very annoyed Cosmo without payment.

Rebonack
2007-02-27, 12:19 PM
Much to the gratitude of everyone in the tavern the corpse is whisked away, never to stink up the tavern again.

Maph'tey claws at the floor for a moment in a futile effort to bury what's left of his meal to be certain that no one will try to pilfer it. This effort is fruitless, mainly due to the 'invincibility' wards on in effect in the tavern. Frustrated by this, the beast does the next best thing; he pulls the remaining part of the crystallized NPC under an unoccupied table.

That task done, he begins stalking about the tavern, pausing to sniff at the seat the demon had occupied.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 12:20 PM
Wukei watches Maph'tey, curiously, trying to figure out what's wrong with him.

Castaras
2007-02-27, 12:24 PM
A faint whiff of brimstone and DLB.

Baeleck
2007-02-27, 12:33 PM
The Masked One taps his staff a few times, before leaning it up against the wall. He adjusts his mask and begins to lightly snooze.

Rebonack
2007-02-27, 12:45 PM
To be honest there doesn't appear to be anything 'wrong' with him, he certainly appears to know what he's doing.

After a few minutes of nosing around the previously balor occupied chair he proceeds to climb up the wall and find a comfortable place on the ceiling to watch the tavern from.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 12:47 PM
Wukei sighs and lights another cigarette.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 12:50 PM
Karaki blinks and hmms, sipping his drink.

ufo
Koty opens his eyes and yawns.

He sits up and looks around for a bit, before leaving.

Castaras
Yu'lo'toth finishes her channeling of healing and sits down in a seat nearby. She looks at Maph'tey curiously, before turning back to her water.

Baeleck
2007-02-27, 01:17 PM
The Masked One opens his eyes again. He picks up the staff, teleports to the bar, orders another ale and then teleports to near the fire.

Who
2007-02-27, 01:32 PM
*Walks in followed by K9*
Evening all

Wukei
2007-02-27, 01:33 PM
Wukei nods to Who and downs half of her drink.

Who
2007-02-27, 01:35 PM
*Nods back*
So Wukei how's life?

Wukei
2007-02-27, 01:36 PM
Wukei shrugs. C'be better.

Who
2007-02-27, 01:38 PM
Care to alaborate?

Exachix
2007-02-27, 01:39 PM
Karaki looks at who before downing the rest of his drink, and ordering a Bamhacon.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 01:40 PM
Y'don't wanna know...

Who
2007-02-27, 01:40 PM
Oh, go on please

Wukei
2007-02-27, 01:42 PM
Wukei downs the rest of the bottle. I used some powers I wasn't s'pposed ta to rescue Hawkeye.

Who
2007-02-27, 01:43 PM
Well you rescued someone so it can't have been that bad

Baeleck
2007-02-27, 01:44 PM
Skarvig enters, quickly taking a seat and taking out a hip-flask. He takes a swig, before wiping his beard.

The Masked One notices the fire is getting low, and so teleports more logs into the fireplace and blasting a jet of heat at it with his staff.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 01:44 PM
Wukei shakes her head. Dunno what happened to him. I wasn't exactly myself when I rescued him.

Who
2007-02-27, 01:46 PM
Ah well don't worry I'm sure everything will turn out alright. Can I buy you a drink?

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 01:48 PM
The door to the tavern opens, and a man steps inside. Two worn black boots cover his feet, leading up to an even more worn out pair of jeans. The long dusty brown coat covers a white shirt, soaked in sweat mostly, though it's apparent that dirt and dust are on the shirt as well. His hat is pulled low, covering most of his facial features, though his shaggy, brown hair can still slightly be seen. There is also a small section of his stubble shown. He walks across the tavern, his boots echoing around the room as he sits down at the bar.

Wukei
2007-02-27, 01:48 PM
Wukei shakes her head. No, thanks...shouldn't have drank as much as I did...

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 01:50 PM
As the man takes a seat at the bar, his coat shifts slightly, and an expensive looking sword can be seen protruding.

Who
2007-02-27, 01:51 PM
*Sees the sword*
My word

Wukei
2007-02-27, 01:53 PM
The sword did not escape the pirates view either. She seems to be avoiding looking at it, however.

Who
2007-02-27, 01:54 PM
*Takes out a camera and takes a photo of the sword*

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 01:54 PM
The man pays for a beer, laying down a couple gold pieces, that seem quite shiny.

Who
2007-02-27, 01:57 PM
*Leaves woth K9*

Wukei
2007-02-27, 02:00 PM
Wukei stands, a bit more drunk than usual, and walks out.

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 02:01 PM
The man has his drink, and noticing the lack of people, decides to head out soon after the beer is finished.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 02:02 PM
Aesa appears behind the bar without fanfare, yawning.

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 02:03 PM
The man looks up at her, then turns his attention back to the beer.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 02:04 PM
Karaki looks over at Aesa, before returning to his bamhacon.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 02:05 PM
Aesa thinks for a moment, then her illusion flickers and becomes real before she begins mixing a drink for herself.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 02:06 PM
Karaki hmms.

"Are you making drinks today?"

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 02:07 PM
Sure, why not? Aesa smirks.

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 02:08 PM
The man takes another drink, remaining silent.

Baeleck
2007-02-27, 02:12 PM
Skarvig notices a leak in his hip-flask, and his drink is slowly seeping out.

Bah!

He impales it on the spikes of his shield, and it crumples. He takes it off and throws it onto the table, and then takes out another one from on his belt.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 02:13 PM
Karaki smiles.

"Then can you make me something. I don't mind what."

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 02:14 PM
Aesa grins. You might regret that. She gets a tankard and busies herself.

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 02:14 PM
The man watches Aesa out of the corner of his eye.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 02:17 PM
Karaki smiles.

"I might? I'll live."

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 02:19 PM
Aesa snickers to herself. Maybe... She draws a small vial out of her pouch and empties the black contents into the drink.

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 02:21 PM
The man watches this, but says nothing.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 02:24 PM
Aesa finishes off the drink and places it in front of Karaki. It looks a slightly thick and is a dark brown color.

Baeleck
2007-02-27, 02:25 PM
The Masked One, growing bored of the lack of activity in the tavern, vanishes with a pop.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 02:29 PM
Karaki looks at it.

"Strange colouring there. Thank you."

He smiles and takes a sip of it.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 02:30 PM
Aesa smirks and picks up her own drink, which is entirely black. She sips it and looks around the bar.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 02:32 PM
Karaki winces and looks at the drink, before taking another sip.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 02:32 PM
Aesa chuckles. What? Is it too strong for your refined, elven tastes?

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 02:33 PM
The man continues watching Aesa from the corner of his eye as he pays for another beer.

Baeleck
Skarvig is suddenly enveloped by a dead time zone.

AmberVael
Is there something you want? Aesa turns and looks at the man watching her.

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 02:34 PM
"Not a thing."

Exachix
2007-02-27, 02:34 PM
Karaki looks up at Aesa, his face contorting in pain.

"By the gods that's strong."

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 02:35 PM
Just watching me for the hell of it then? Aesa leans on the bar and smirks at him.

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 02:36 PM
"Wondering what you spiked his drink with more like."

Exachix
2007-02-27, 02:39 PM
Karaki groans and a hand moves to nearby his stomach.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 02:39 PM
Hm? Oh that. Aesa pulls out another vial of the same substance from her belt pouch and places it in front of the man.

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 02:40 PM
The man takes a look at it. "What is it?"

Exachix
2007-02-27, 02:42 PM
Karaki looks over at the man, his face somewhere between anger and pain.

"If you knew it was spiked, why not say?"

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 02:42 PM
Blood from one of the hundred handed. Aesa takes it back and adds it to her drink. And please, I drink it all the time...

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 02:46 PM
"Because she did warn you, and yet you took her up on her challenge."

Gorbad the Limb Rippa
2007-02-27, 02:46 PM
Mourn walks into troggs and takes a seat at he bar,
Ale,and make it quick
he glares around the tavern,looking for work.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 02:47 PM
Aesa snickers at Gorbad as she sips her drink.
Have you given up on that guild of self-righteous rejects yet?

Exachix
2007-02-27, 02:49 PM
Karaki sighs and, still with hand at stomach, he takes another precarious sip, stubbornness taking over, he asked for this drink and he'll drink it.

Gorbad the Limb Rippa
2007-02-27, 02:50 PM
Self rightteous?Bah,I needed a job and they paid,thats all

He collects his ale and takes a large gulp of it

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 02:54 PM
Aesa rolls her eyes at him and looks back at Karaki. Maybe you had better call that drink quits... I know most people can't match my constitution for such things. She gives him a condescending smile.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 02:55 PM
Karaki looks up and glares daggers at her, taking another gulp of the drink.

"So?"

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 02:58 PM
So? You're obviously suffering from over-confidence in your abilities... you won't last through that drink.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 03:01 PM
Karaki shrugs and stares at Aesa.

"Why would you say that?"

His voice is clearly hostile.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 03:04 PM
Because you are a weak elf who can't last through a very poisonous and alcoholic drink? Well, I think its poisonous... I never knew for sure. Aesa smiles and tosses her drink back.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 03:05 PM
Karaki glares at Aesa before shaking his head in pain and looking down at it, before looking back up at her, still glaring.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 03:06 PM
Give up. Aesa smirks at him.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 03:09 PM
Karaki, blinks slowly, and takes another sip, glaring back at Aesa.

"Find this fun."

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 03:10 PM
Of course. Now if you'll excuse me... Aesa opens a portal and goes through it. It closes instantly behind her.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 03:11 PM
Karaki glares after her and throws the drink at the portal, obviously it misses and smashes on the wall behind it. He stands and storms out.

Rebonack
2007-02-27, 03:28 PM
Maph’tey suddenly looks very alert. He drops from the ceiling, twisting in mid-air and landing on his feet.

He then proceeds to slink out of the tavern into the streets.

Saurous
2007-02-27, 03:44 PM
Ctrazt sits up suddenly, dumping the remnants of his mead onto his head. He looks around, seeing that he had been here for nearly six pag- I mean, a day. He stands up, hands the nearest waiter/waitress money, and then leaves.

Baeleck
2007-02-27, 04:12 PM
The dead time zone around Skarvig retreats. He clicks back into reality, a little bemused.

Agh, I hate it when tha' happens...

He takes a sip from his hip-flask, and notices the tavern is very empty. He decides to head back to the appartments.

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 05:07 PM
The man wakes up and looks around.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 06:39 PM
Fenix comes into the tavern and sits down, burning brightly.

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 06:40 PM
The man moves his hat a bit so he can get a better look at Fenix, then turns back to his drink.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 06:42 PM
Fenix is about to order a drink when he realizes he has no money.
Again.
With a sigh he looks around for something to do.

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 06:44 PM
The man slides a gold coin across the bar to Fenix. It looks different from most, and is extra shiny.

AmberVael
2007-02-27, 06:45 PM
Why thank you. Fenix smiles and orders a Fireamber.