PDA

View Full Version : Are there any other rules like teamwork benefits

Nicktacular
2014-07-03, 03:29 PM
I was thumbing through the PHB2 and saw the page on teamwork benefits then I looked it up and saw that it was in other books as well. Which got me wondering if there are any other helpful things like it, that the average player wouldn't know about.

prufock
2014-07-03, 04:54 PM
I can't help much, but I'm interested in the topic. Second edition Mutants and Masterminds had a feat called Teamwork that let you transfer bonuses you have against a single enemy to one of your teammates - IE you feint, but the teammate gets to attack the enemy as flat footed. I like to port this feat into some of the NPCs I create if they are part of a group.

Third edition changed that feat completely.

NecessaryWeevil
2014-07-03, 05:13 PM
Skill Tricks were news to me; might want to check those out.

Angelmaker
2014-07-03, 05:37 PM
I can't help much, but I'm interested in the topic. Second edition Mutants and Masterminds had a feat called Teamwork that let you transfer bonuses you have against a single enemy to one of your teammates - IE you feint, but the teammate gets to attack the enemy as flat footed. I like to port this feat into some of the NPCs I create if they are part of a group.

Third edition changed that feat completely.

Its called flanking, it is in the PHB and does not require a feat. :D nah, just kidding. Obv. It will not flatfoot the enemy.

There is tons of things that are teamwor feats, like crafting for your team as an artificer, increasing the bang for your buck of your team. Flanking, battlefield management, buff spells. I don't think you will find many rpgs that allow forsuch a huge number of tactical options as d&d does, even without obscure tricks and prestige classes like dragonfire bard or white raven tactics.

Might be a good idea to sift through all the crystal keep feat lists.

Jeff the Green
2014-07-03, 05:58 PM
There's also teamwork benefits in HoB and DMGII. In the latter there's also guardian spirits (I think that's what it's called). You sacrifice gold and a bit of XP every few levels to get some nice benefits. If you have a spellcaster in the party, one of them is really useful because it lets your allies cast one of your Personal buffs (or any other spell, actually).

Kenku (MMIII) give and get an additional bonus when aiding another and get a bigger bonus when flanking.