PDA

View Full Version : Fusion Power Question

TeslaJr
2014-07-03, 05:08 PM
Okay, Fusion says that when you fuse with someone you get all class features and use the highest ML of the two. My question is, if I were to fuse with another psion (for an indefinite amount of time) that has a different discipline but is a lower level than me, would I be able to use the higher manifester level to learn powers from the other psion's discipline at a level they couldn't normally learn?

For example, if I'm a Kineticist with access to 9th level powers and I fuse with a Shaper that only has access to, say, 5th level powers, would the new me be able to learn 9th level Shaper powers?

Psyren
2014-07-03, 05:40 PM
You don't learn any new powers that the component psions don't already know.

FreakyCheeseMan
2014-07-03, 06:26 PM
How are you learning powers in so little time that you can remain fused throughout the process?

Rubik
2014-07-03, 06:58 PM
How are you learning powers in so little time that you can remain fused throughout the process?Perhaps he has enough XP to level up but manifests Fusion prior to actually performing the process?

TeslaJr
2014-07-03, 07:43 PM
You don't learn any new powers that the component psions don't already know.

But if I'm fused with the psion indefinitely, and Fusion says you use all the class features and the higher ML, not the higher ML for effects, wouldn't I technically count as a Shaper capable of learning 9th level powers? A Discipline is a Psion class feature, right?

How are you learning powers in so little time that you can remain fused throughout the process?

Fuse with a Metamind and use Font of Power plus Temporal Reiteration to keep it up indefinitely. If I interpreted it correctly, it should let you have unlimited PP indefinitely, so you just keep casting Temporal Reiteration every round to keep fusion and font of power going. You could theoretically use Astral Seed while fused and then off yourself to reform the fused body permanently, but that's a little cheesy.

I'm mainly asking this because I want to get Genesis while playing an Erudite, but the way Erudite's learn Discipline powers would keep me from getting it pre-Epic. Same with Expanded Knowledge.