PDA

View Full Version : wizard king rules

Azraile
2014-07-03, 08:46 PM
Quite simply can some one post them or pinot me in the derection of an online source?

Zanos
2014-07-03, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure what you're asking for. Is this a class you'd like to find? The only thing that sounds similar in 3.5 is the Arcane Lord PrC is Dragon #297

Flickerdart
2014-07-03, 09:02 PM
In D&D's entire run, wizards haven't really gone for kingdoms all that much. The traditional retirement has always been a solitary tower. If it's kings you want, look ye to the sorcerers, who are basically the entire royalty of Athas.

RogueDM
2014-07-03, 09:16 PM
The Red Wizard was some sort of evil nobility, if I recall. The ruling class of Thay and all that. Wizard King sounds more like an occupation for a wizard than a class unto itself. Or maybe a multi-classed wizard with, uh, Noble? Not sure what other class would really prepare you for being a king.

With a box
2014-07-03, 09:21 PM
wizards doesn't be a king himself. they dominate/geas/mindrape/swap with ice assassin kings to make them loyal to him/her.

Azraile
2014-07-03, 09:42 PM
Lol talking about the legendary class from legends & liars: path of magic

They are actually called wizard king, and a lot of epic wizards aware by it

Flickerdart
2014-07-03, 09:44 PM
3rd party books are hard to come by online, and due to limited physical print runs not many people know about them.

Zanos
2014-07-03, 09:51 PM
Lol talking about the legendary class from legends & liars: path of magic

They are actually called wizard king, and a lot of epic wizards aware by it
That's a third party book from 3.0, isn't it? I might actually have a copy of it sitting around from awhile ago, lemme check.

137beth
2014-07-03, 09:56 PM
Do you know what company published it?
I can't find it searching by name on drivethrurpg, (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php) so it may not be available digitally.

Zanos
2014-07-03, 10:05 PM
Wow, I actually do have it.

Each level of a legendary class has a power level associated with it. So the power you pick at 1st level is always level 1, the one you get at 2 is always level 2, etc.

Wizard King stuff:
Req's:
Skills: Kn Arcana 15, Scry 10, Spellcraft 10
Feats: Five Metamagic or Item Creation, +1 Feat of DM's choice
Quests: Craft 100k gp of magic items, Research/create five new spells that bear your name and share a theme.
Spellcasting: Prepare 6th level arcane spells.
Class Skills are same as Wizard except -decipher script +scry because it's a 3.0 wizard class.

Powers(Pick one Each level, five level class):
Enhanced Intelligence: +1 Int per Power Level
Increased Spell Power: Select a number of spell schools equal to PL. DC increases by 2.
Mastered Spells: Pick a number of spells equal to PL. Cast them spontaneously by sacrificing other slots.
Unearthly Penetration: +1 to penetrate SR per PL.
Arcane Resistance: +1 to saves vs spells/SLAs per PL.
Master of the Mundane Arts: +5 to Alchemy, Kn:Arcana, Spellcraft, Scry per PL.
Fundamentals of Magic: Ignore two levels of metamagic per PL while preparing spells.

Zanos
2014-07-03, 10:11 PM
Oh, and it only progress spellcasting at every odd level. And has a d6 and good fort and will progression. Weird.

Azraile
2014-07-03, 10:23 PM
Wow, I actually do have it.

Each level of a legendary class has a power level associated with it. So the power you pick at 1st level is always level 1, the one you get at 2 is always level 2, etc.

Wizard King stuff:
Req's:
Skills: Kn Arcana 15, Scry 10, Spellcraft 10
Feats: Five Metamagic or Item Creation, +1 Feat of DM's choice
Quests: Craft 100k gp of magic items, Research/create five new spells that bear your name and share a theme.
Spellcasting: Prepare 6th level arcane spells.
Class Skills are same as Wizard except -decipher script +scry because it's a 3.0 wizard class.

Powers(Pick one Each level, five level class):
Enhanced Intelligence: +1 Int per Power Level
Increased Spell Power: Select a number of spell schools equal to PL. DC increases by 2.
Mastered Spells: Pick a number of spells equal to PL. Cast them spontaneously by sacrificing other slots.
Unearthly Penetration: +1 to penetrate SR per PL.
Arcane Resistance: +1 to saves vs spells/SLAs per PL.
Master of the Mundane Arts: +5 to Alchemy, Kn:Arcana, Spellcraft, Scry per PL.
Fundamentals of Magic: Ignore two levels of metamagic per PL while preparing spells.

wow fundamentals of magic.... just... wow .... fundamentals of magic 5 + Incantatrix can you imagine?