PDA

View Full Version : Psionic-Magic Transparency Question

TeslaJr
2014-07-03, 09:24 PM
Using Psionic-Magic Transparency rules, would items that boost caster level boost manifester level?

Doc_Maynot
2014-07-03, 09:27 PM
No, Transparency (which is default) only covers the interactions of Spells/Powers, Dead Magic/Psionic Zones, and Spell/Power Resistance

Rubik
2014-07-03, 09:31 PM
Using Psionic-Magic Transparency rules, would items that boost caster level boost manifester level?

No, Transparency (which is default) only covers the interactions of Spells/Powers, Dead Magic/Psionic Zones, and Spell/Power Resistance

Ahem. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicPowersOverview.htm#psionicsMagicTransparenc y)

Psionics-Magic Transparency
Though not explicitly called out in the spell descriptions or magic item descriptions, spells, spell-like abilities, and magic items that could potentially affect psionics do affect psionics.

Zanos
2014-07-03, 09:32 PM

Though not explicitly called out in the spell descriptions or magic item descriptions, spells, spell-like abilities, and magic items that could potentially affect psionics do affect psionics.
First line in the transparency section.

Edit: Damn, Lurk'd.

Rubik
2014-07-03, 09:33 PM

Edit: Damn, Lurk'd.More like Psion'd.

Doc_Maynot
2014-07-03, 09:35 PM
Sorry then, I guess I didn't notice that line. :smallredface:

137beth
2014-07-03, 09:36 PM
Ahem. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicPowersOverview.htm#psionicsMagicTransparenc y)

Edit: Damn, Lurk'd.

Seems like Deja Vu.

TeslaJr
2014-07-03, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the replies! So, if I'm reading this right, Create Magic Tattoo would work as well, right?

137beth
2014-07-03, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the replies! So, if I'm reading this right, Create Magic Tattoo would work as well, right?

What are you asking with this? If you mean the Create Magic Tattoo from Spell Compendium, pg 55 (also in FRCS and a player's guide to Faerun), it doesn't create magic items or psionic items.

TeslaJr
2014-07-03, 10:06 PM
What are you asking with this? If you mean the Create Magic Tattoo from Spell Compendium, pg 55 (also in FRCS and a player's guide to Faerun), it doesn't create magic items or psionic items.

I was asking if the CL increase from the Create Magic Tattoo spell would increase manifester based on what was already quoted:

Zanos
2014-07-03, 10:06 PM
Yes, it would.