PDA

View Full Version : Shadow dancer & assasin's employer conjectures *spoilers... not really*

krossbow
2007-02-26, 11:15 PM
anyways, who do you all think that the shadow dancer and assasin from the inn work for? I don't think the giant ever throws anything in without a purpose (see the belt of masculinity/feminity), and their motives are probably with a purpose.

They could work for anyone, and the king of nowhere would of had to be imporatant.

I personally think it'd be cool if they were under lord tyrannir's employ, assasinating a rival king. THis would be a great plot twist, and they could see them again when they rescue haleys father! (and if Elan's father does indeed turn out to be Tyrranar as some have proposed)

anyways, this thread is to put forth your theories on who the assasins work for!

dragongirl13
2007-02-27, 12:30 AM
They work for someone who doesn't like peace. That much is obvious. Or maybe they're bounty hunters-they don't work for anyone, they just kill people for the money.

There is the possibility that they're working for one of those kings you're always hearing about. Or they might be working for Elan and Nale's dad. Or they might be just killing the King of Nowhere because they want to kill him and loot his room for all his treasure. Or... the possibilities are endless.

slayerx
2007-02-27, 01:10 AM
There is the possibility that they're working for one of those kings you're always hearing about. Or they might be working for Elan and Nale's dad. Or they might be just killing the King of Nowhere because they want to kill him and loot his room for all his treasure. Or... the possibilities are endless.
Well i don't think it's the last option... not sure, but if a recall, they were concerned as to the time when the treaty would be signed. If they were just there to loot him, then they wouldn't care as much about the treay, just the fact that he was in the open. They would have also targeted the other king aswell... two for one... not to mention the vault at the inn... seems rather clear they were concerned with getting the king before the treay signing (if i am recalling correctly)

Though i do think they are hired assasins and don't work for anyone exclusivly. That assasin dwarf wasn't very evil, and Since it's easy to guess their employer was evil, we can surmise that he probably wouldn't be working exclusivly for such a person... but he would work for him occasionally if the price was right

kpenguin
2007-02-27, 02:09 AM
I don't think that the assasins actually had levels in the assassin prc (much as Miko doesn't have levels in samurai). I haven't seen either of them exhibit assassin class abilities.

Andvare
2007-02-27, 06:34 AM
Nowhere and Somewhere are at war.
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0229.html
And as Anywhere is closer to Nowhere than Nowhere is to Somewhere, I would assume that Anywhere is the kingdom that hired the miscreants to kill the king of Nowhere.
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0226.html
This is also the only other kingdom that is in that joke. Someplace Else is a democracy.

They are also *not* assassins per the prestige class, it requires evil alignment, which they have not (cares about killing innocents).