PDA

View Full Version : [MLP RPIM] Rodeo and Lariette

Beans
2014-07-04, 07:20 AM
The normally urbane city of Canterlot bustles with country flair as cowponies from all over Equestria arrive for the Equestrian Rodeo Competition. The high-class fashions the city is usually known for have been swapped out for Stetsons and leather boots---though these are not without class of their own jeweled hatbands and gleaming white-gold bolo ties and decorative spurs (which nobody quite remembers the original purpose of).
For their own reasons, our soon-to-be-heroes have found their way to Canterlot Colosseum, the center of the chaotic country western show. The Coliseum is filled with ponies, all working on various tasks to prepare for the coming championship. A line has already formed at the registration booth just outside the stadium’s entrance, and several food carts are set up around the walkway leading in, each selling different, but uniformly delicious-looking, fare.

Batpope Scott
2014-07-04, 05:32 PM
Sunny Strides, her cutesy lavender bow in plain view, is standing in the line for registration. She is quite positively giddy and trots in place as she waits her turn, her smile wider than all of Equestria twice-over.

Her lovely canary-colored coat is shining in the sunlight and her crimson man is well-groomed for such a special occasion.

As she waits, she mutters to herself "Oh, I do hope there's some cute competition; Momma always says I shoulda done brought one home after these things."

Theoboldi
2014-07-04, 06:26 PM
Nearby the entrance stands Swift Recovery, groomed as impeccably as usual and even having taken the time to chose a relatively fashionable hat to wear for this occasion. He is happily munching on a piece of apple pie, enjoying the atmosphere of the festivities. It has been some time since he took even a short vacation for himself, so right now the murky blue unicorn is making the most of it.

As he glances over the crowd of to be competitors, estimating just how many will compete this year, his eyes happen upon an all too familiar face. Sunny Strides, if he is not mistaken? Cheerfully, he approaches.

"Good morning, Miss Strides. I wasn't aware you were amongst today's competition. Eager to show off your cowpony skills, I assume?"

Batpope Scott
2014-07-04, 08:45 PM
Sunny spins about, looking like a cat about to pounce, and gives Swift Recovery a warm grin as she states "Well, don't you know it! Mighty kind o' ya to be here as witness to all the ribbons I'mma win."

She stands upright again and looks puzzled before curiously remarks
I didn't take ya to be the rodeo'in type, though, Mr. Swift."

Derjuin
2014-07-05, 03:06 AM
A gray unicorn mills about, sampling the various snacks near the lines and looking over the other attendees. She hadn't really planned on being at the Colosseum during her visit to Canterlot, but with such splendid timing - with the Rodeo and all - she couldn't help but enjoy it. She probably stuck out like a sore thumb, though; her cavalier hat and purple scarf didn't really fit the occasion, but she also didn't really have time to change.

She takes notice of two ponies chatting in line, and realizes they both looked awfully similar to a couple of folks she knew...or had at least seen. Was it in Ponyville, perhaps?

"Pardon! Doctor Swift, I believe?" She makes her way over to the pair, waving a hoof in their direction. "And Sunny Strides, too! It's nice to see you two here," she looks up to the Colosseum, then back to the two. "Are both of you here for the Rodeo?"

RatfolkWizard
2014-07-05, 10:49 AM
"Let me introduce you to our greatest Rodeo unicorn of all time, Starlight Paragon!" The roar of the crowd was enough to make him smile, turning and rearing back for the show of it. "Tonight, we will see him take on a-"

"Oof." The purple unicorn bumps into someone, breaking him out of his daydream as he falls back onto his rump with wide eyes. "Oh, uh... my deepest apologies." He bows his head, apologizing to the pony he bumped into. They wave him off with a smile, allowing Starlight's head to raise so he actually watches where he's going for once. This allowed him to see Sunny Strides - his brother was living with Maple Leaves, her sister. He stands there for a moment, trying to think of how to go up and start a conversa-

"Oof." He states - having stood in place in the middle of a rather congested rodeo walway. "My apologies. Oof. My apologies." After a few more moments of this, he ends up striding forward, having settled on, "Hi, Sunny..." He nods to the other two ponies - Swift and Witching - with a soft smile. His heavy-lidded eyes made him appear somewhat sleepy.

igordragonian
2014-07-05, 01:52 PM
Shanrara smiling to herself. Equestria such mysteriouse land!
And more than that- it's also fun!
She was lucky today, to get to Canterloy at festival day!

Most ponies probaly woudln't pay much attention, to the stranger who wearing the cloak and getting nearer!

Shanrara's beautiful eyes widened with joy and all!
She got lucky twice! She recognized ponies, wich she ate together with rice.

"What a joyful sight!" she saying in sudden, already standing next to the trio ponies. "I think, that I'm ready to hug you with all my might!" Her wide white smile shine in the shade of the hood.

Batpope Scott
2014-07-05, 03:49 PM
"Well, shoot, let's see... Witchin' Hour, Shan.. Shanrara, and... Well, if it ain't my soon-to-be brother. Howdy, Starlight."

Sunny keeps her constant smile at maximum and says "It's good seein' y'all here; it helps when somebody what knows ya is in the stands."

Theoboldi
2014-07-05, 04:58 PM
"Why, it is. I will make sure to cheer you on to my best abilities, now that I know you are here to compete." Swift had been pleasantly surprised by seeing so many familiar faces around, and happily greeted them with subdued, but heartfelt, nods.

"Usually, I'm not one for rodeos myself, but who can resist when offered the kind of athleticism of Equestria's finest? A point on which most of Canterlot seems to agree with me." His hoof shortly gestures at the massive crowds surrounding them.

igordragonian
2014-07-05, 05:14 PM
Shanrara raising foreleg, with dangling gold jewelry to her chest. "Why it would be wonderful and great pleasure, to cheer on friend from depth of my heart. That for sure!" saying with enthuism.

"I thank the spirits of destiny wich led me back, to the ponies who I adore from many!" she saying, while pulling down her hood uncovering her beatiful face.

Beans
2014-07-06, 12:02 PM
Finally, it's Sunny's turn to register!

Meanwhile, there's so much going on here at the ERC. even before getting into the Colosseum! The plaza outside the Colosseum is loaded down with stalls selling different items and equipments. Quality ropes, spurs, and other tools for wrangling are available at one, delicious foodstuffs are available at several others, from apples to cherries to pies to fritters and an almost uncountable amount of other food stalls.
From one stall, a set of shrill young voices cry out for customers. Oh boy...

RatfolkWizard
2014-07-06, 12:31 PM
"I'll be, um, rooting for you, Sunny." The unicorn nods, looking around a bit. He might have signed up himself if he really knew how any of this worked - but he didn't, and he'd likely end up making himself look foolish. He nods, "I'm, uh, gonna go get some snacks and find a good place to watch... I'll save a seat for the rest of you, too."

He smiles, turning and heading over to the food stalls, having his eye on some of the sweet kettle-corn... but the shrill-voiced barkers managed to get his attention, distracting him from his goal.

Batpope Scott
2014-07-06, 04:17 PM
Sunny sees she's next and tells her friends "I'll catch you folks later, I gotta get signed up an' all. Let me know if you find a good fritter stand out there, I'm hungry as a fruitbat in a cabbage patch if you know what I mean."

Sunny walks up to the registration box and loudly proclaims "Name's Sunny Strides, I'm fixin ta be a part o' this here rodeo!"

Derjuin
2014-07-06, 11:05 PM
"Well, hi everypony!" Witching Hour chirps, waving to Shanrara and Starlight. She listens to the group for a moment, then chimes in with her own encouragement to Sunny: "Good luck in the rodeo! I'll be cheering you from the stands." She turns to look around through the stalls before heading inside, and decides to join Starlight in investigating the loudest one first.

Theoboldi
2014-07-07, 09:52 AM
After a short clap with his front hooves, Swift waves Sunny goodbye. "Very well! Allow me to buy you a piece of the more wholesome pie they sell around here. I happened to come across a very nice stand earlier. And don't worry, it's all on my bill!" With that, he is off, heading towards the entrance and the stand where he earlier was munching down some rural delicacies...

...only to come to a stop when a bunch of shrill voices descended upon him like a swarm of harpies. Not deterred from his goal, he still moved on, though he did go ever so slightly out of his way to catch a glimpse of what all the ruckus was about.

igordragonian
2014-07-07, 04:01 PM
"May the spirits of luck give a bless, and hopefully you won't get into mess!" she chanting after her.
She waving her foreleg.
She smile at the ponies wich left and standing around.
"Get near, little ponies. Great story you will hear!"
She looking at the listeners. "I came from far lands, passed many adventures without knowing how will it ends.."
Her ears perking up, as she hearing the ruckus. "Excuse me..." she bowing and galloping toward the happening, excited and worried.

Beans
2014-07-09, 12:27 PM
The shrill little voices lead to a particular stall, one selling apples and apple-related fare, run by a certain trio of fillies. The CMCs are doing their best (and, to their credit, doing rather well) to sell the Apple family's wares, their voices easy to pick out and thus easy to follow to the source.

Derjuin
2014-07-12, 01:00 AM
Waiting patiently, Witching Hour takes her time in approaching the stall, letting others ahead of herself a few times. She finally makes it up to the counter, and levitates a few bits from her scarf-pocket. "Hey, girls! Funny seeing you here; do you have any apple fritters for sale?" She moves the coins to the countertop, and continues to converse. "Say, doesn't miss Applejack usually run the stall? Or is she going to participate in the rodeo?" She looks around for the rather famous AJ herself, but if she's around then Witching Hour hasn't seen her yet.

Theoboldi
2014-07-14, 07:41 AM
Swift grimaced ever so slightly as he noticed that it was those three fillies who were responsible for the amount of noise in this area, and made an effort to keep his distance and let somepony else deal with it. These three had gathered something of a notoriety with the medical staff of ponyville, given the amounts of work the 'Cutie Mark Crusaders' caused them on a regular basis. As such, the lightly blue unicorn continued making his way to another stand, hoping that the sighting of those fillies was not an ill omen.

Beans
2014-07-18, 10:36 AM
Waiting patiently, Witching Hour takes her time in approaching the stall, letting others ahead of herself a few times. She finally makes it up to the counter, and levitates a few bits from her scarf-pocket. "Hey, girls! Funny seeing you here; do you have any apple fritters for sale?" She moves the coins to the countertop, and continues to converse. "Say, doesn't miss Applejack usually run the stall? Or is she going to participate in the rodeo?" She looks around for the rather famous AJ herself, but if she's around then Witching Hour hasn't seen her yet.

Apple Bloom shakes her head. "Naw, sis is gonna be in the games, so we're runnin' it for her!" Scootaloo takes the bits as Sweetie Belle gives her the fritters.