PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed The Underdrow, how is it?

Yael
2014-07-04, 05:35 PM
Thread (I'm aware that the Underdark has its name, but me and my friends call it the "underdrow" just for fun, try to ignore that pliserino~ :smalleek:)

So, I have played D&D 3.X for almost three years now, and I have NEVER been at the Underdrow... Every game I play ends up with the entire party at no higher than level 13th, and that is no fun... I have asked a friend, but in his eight years of DM'ing/playing, no Underdrow... So, how is it? I don't own the Drow of the Underdrow book, nor the Underdrow book from FR, so...

How is it? I know that aberrations own it more than drows (should I call it Underleth, Beholdark, or something? Nah, just messing...) Underneogi, Underflayer. #huehue

For what I understand, it's like a big maze underground that has no dead ends, where there's no safe place for surfacers. It's underground and there are drows... Underdrow pls

How is it? What shape it has? How deep it goes (from the surface to the center of the earth)?

Man, I love aberrations and I have never faced one (outside from the ones that live and dwell at the surface like Vivisectors.)

Kurdy
2014-07-04, 06:02 PM
How convenient! I happen to be Dming a campaign set entirely in the Underdark (Underdrow).

The books provide you with alot of back story and what not. I homebrewed the various aspects of it, but it's not like... "A long series of tunnels" but varying huge caverns to teeny tiny crawl spaces. There are several Underdark dwelling races (including Drow) that provide the NPCs for the the PCs to encounter. Survival checks are a bit more intense, what with the Underdark being ****ty to survive in. I also limit most monsters to only those that you find under ground. The fun part is coming up with Underdark equivalents, making really creative settings that my PCs helped to create. Stuff like Mushroom farms, and underwater lakes, Dire bats that never leave the Underdark. There's a ton of stuff that you can do down there.

atemu1234
2014-07-04, 07:07 PM
I personally enjoy running Underdark campaigns. My current group is on the surface trying to get into the Underdark and try to kill Drow/Lolth out of revenge, a lot of fun, actually. I personally like making teams, like a Drow fighter with feats to increase his daily usages of Darkness along with At Home In The Deep with a Black Dragon with At Home In The Deep and feats to increase its daily usages. I believe my PCs hate me for it, but it's hilarious for them to have to deal with it.

Techwarrior
2014-07-04, 11:00 PM
In my campaigns, it's a lot like Fight Club something we don't talk about.

No one from the surface likes to talk or speak about the Underdrow, and there aren't obvious cave entrances marked 'Here Leads to Ye Olde Underdrowe.' If the Underdrow want something from your area, you only find out when it's too late, time for you to kiss your sorry lives goodbye. The setting itself is completely alien to your thought process. Nothing you are used to is common down there. No one is obviously compassionate; there aren't things like torches or other products you use everyday; nobody is who they say they are; and light is not a beacon of hope, it's a sign of food.

It's a sinister, paranoid web of intrigue and betrayal, rife with the bodies of your own kin. (The Underdrow goddess is a spider for a reason.)

Yael
2014-07-04, 11:10 PM
In my campaigns, it's a lot like Fight Club something we don't talk about.

No one from the surface likes to talk or speak about the Underdrow, and there aren't obvious cave entrances marked 'Here Leads to Ye Olde Underdrowe.' If the Underdrow want something from your area, you only find out when it's too late, time for you to kiss your sorry lives goodbye. The setting itself is completely alien to your thought process. Nothing you are used to is common down there. No one is obviously compassionate; there aren't things like torches or other products you use everyday; nobody is who they say they are; and light is not a beacon of hope, it's a sign of food.

It's a sinister, paranoid web of intrigue and betrayal, rife with the bodies of your own kin. (The Underdrow goddess is a spider for a reason.)

Seems enough atractive~