PDA

View Full Version : How would you build Dhalsim?

Kurald Galain
2014-07-05, 10:48 AM
I'm curious how people would build Dhalsim (from Street Fighter) using either 3.5 or PF rules. I figure he's basically a monk who gets reach on his natural attacks, but I'm not sure how that would be possible within the rules. Bonus points if he can also breathe fire, levitate, and/or dimension door; but I'm mostly looking for the ability to get unarmed reach :smallcool:

http://cdn.chud.com/1/11/1162bd99_dhalsim.gif

Bluydee
2014-07-05, 11:09 AM
Warshaper and inhuman reach aberrant blood extend reach.

mabriss lethe
2014-07-05, 11:12 AM
I would probably go with a binder using inhuman reach. A combination of several of the vestiges can approximate dhalsim's other abilities. The downside is that it will take several levels to bring it all online.

Sian
2014-07-05, 11:13 AM
Shaman (OA) with Superior Unarmed Strike, Aberration Blood and Inhuman Reach

Gildedragon
2014-07-05, 12:22 PM
There is also the psion power reach which explicitly stretches your limbs

Feint's End
2014-07-05, 12:31 PM
Tashalatora Psywar (for all the supernatural stuff .... leviation, breath you name it) + inhuman reach and potentially a warshaper dip. Done

Edit:

Some more things:
You can get teleportation from 1 level 1 onwards with hidden talent (dimensionhop). It's a swiftaction so it works great with full attacking.

Levitate is a 2nd level power so just pick it up at the relevant level.

The breath can be done by getting energy cone via EK.

If you can take flaws or are human I suggest not taking monk at all but going straight psywar.
Notice that it is not entirely clear if warshaper has any effect on unarmed attacks > all the stuff specifies natural weapons and it probably isn't intended to be used with unarmed attacks. The whole build can pretty much work as psywar from 1 to 20 if you find a way to increase reach.

Zaq
2014-07-05, 01:49 PM
It takes a ton of feats, but Inhuman Reach stacks with Willing Deformity: Tall.