PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Order of the Stick Book Tournament, Round 12

137beth
2014-07-05, 11:16 AM
Greetings playgrounders, and welcome to
The Ultimate Order of the Stick Book Tournament!
Here, you can vote for your favorite of the first eight books in a double-elimination tournament. Each week I will post a new matchup. Vote in this thread, not by PM. You get one vote per person. If your post contains more than the name or abbreviation of the book's title, I ask that you bold your vote. Votes may take the form either of the book's title, the abbreviation, or the number.

The Contestants
Dungeon Crawling Fools
No Cure for Paladin Blues
War and XP
Don't Split the Party
Blood Runs in the Family
On the Origins of the PCs
The Start of Darkness
Snips, Snails and Dragon Tales

Although BRitF has not been released, I think that we have seen enough of it from the online strips to include it in the running.

Last match, Start of Darkness crushed War and XP as easily as a lizardfolk with a long name. Start of Darkness will move onto the finals, while War and XP gets another chance in the loser's semifinals.

Current Bracket Standings: clicky! (http://challonge.com/OOTS_Books)

The Current Match:
No Cure for Paladin Blues http://www.giantitp.com/Images/products/OOTS02_4in72dpi_RGBds.gif
vs. Blood Runs in the Family http://www.amcny.org/sites/default/files/photo%20not%20available_1.jpg

The winner of this match will face War and XP in the second semifinals. The loser will be eliminated from the tournament!

The current match will end Saturday, July 12. Vote away!

Gift Jeraff
2014-07-05, 11:19 AM
Start of Darkness, no contest.

Wait, shouldn't this be Paladin Blues vs. Blood?

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-07-05, 11:32 AM
Yeah, the Challonge bracket says that this should be NCftPB vs. BRitF. BRitF wins, easily.

ChristianSt
2014-07-05, 12:34 PM
I would like to see a SoD vs. SoD final, because that would be the match-up I would have the hardest time figuring out which to vote on, but On the presumed round Book 2 vs. Book 5 I will vote for NCftPB. (And if only to avoid that the final will become a decision that already was done in round 1, though on some level we already can say that SoD would have one a single-elimination tournament)

137beth
2014-07-05, 06:29 PM
Well, at least I got the picture for BRiF right:smallredface:
Okay, the score so far in the NCfPB vs BRiF match is 1 for NCfPB, 1 for BRiF, and 1 for SoD. Giff is free to change his vote:smalltongue:

Bird
2014-07-05, 08:47 PM
a lizardfolk with a long name.
Who, now?

Anyway, Blood.

martianmister
2014-07-05, 09:42 PM
Blood Runs in the Family

Gift Jeraff
2014-07-05, 10:25 PM
Well, at least I got the picture for BRiF right:smallredface:
Okay, the score so far in the NCfPB vs BRiF match is 1 for NCfPB, 1 for BRiF, and 1 for SoD. Giff is free to change his vote:smalltongue:

In that case, Blood Runs in the Family.

Killer Angel
2014-07-06, 04:49 AM
Blood Runs
Let this book enjoy its moment of glory... (color me embittered)

Angelalex242
2014-07-06, 07:18 AM
No Cure

Because we must all give Miko her due.

Sunken Valley
2014-07-06, 08:24 AM
No Cure for the Paladin Blues

thatSeniorGuy
2014-07-06, 09:33 PM
Another easy choice, Blood Runs in the Family.

Sylian
2014-07-11, 12:51 PM
Blood Runs in the Family - The strip has had some time to evolve since the early days, and I'd argue that the past few hundred strips are much stronger than the first few hundred strips.

137beth
2014-07-12, 04:35 PM
Voting is now closed!
The winner is Blood runs in the Family.
That means that the final is guaranteed to be a rematch. But first, there is another semifinal to do...