PDA

View Full Version : Wrath of Nature PRC Help

Starchild7309
2014-07-05, 04:35 PM
Ok so this is the PRC I am working to complete. Its not complete, needs some help, what can you all suggest?

Wrath of Nature

Wrath of Nature
A wrath of nature is a divine spellcaster who has shunned the way of diplomacy and good nature to solve the woes of the natural world. They have taken it upon themselves to become the symbol of the indiscriminate and raw power of nature in order to preserve balance and harmony. Innocents caught in their wrath are but collateral damage. They are no more evil than a storm, and earthquake, or a tidal wave. They unleash nature's awesome fury in an attempt to stop that which is unnatural and goes against nature.

HD
d8

Requirements:
Base attack +7 (It is purposely set up to be late entry)
Ability to cast 3rd level divine spells
(need another requirement here)

Skill Points

4+Int

Class Features:

1st Specialized spell list: Starting with the first level of Wrath of Nature, divine casters lose acces to previous spell lists and gain access to only those spells from the Wrath of Nature spell list.

1st Wild shape: (Su) Functions as Druid wildshape ability and continues progression of wildshape from a previous class.

3rd Elemental attunement: When casting a spell with an elemental descriptor increase the DC by 1 and treat the CL as one higher even if it increases the level over the limit. Therefore a lightning bolt cast by a divine caster of 10th level would do 11d6 electrical damage.

5th Elemental Fury: 3 time per day a spell with an elemental decriptor may have one of these metamagic feats applied to it without increasing its level. Choose from Maxamize, Energy Substitution, Lingering spell, Widen Spell, or Extend Spell.

7th Elemental Connection: When wildshaping into an elemental, you can treat your HD as being 3 higher for determining what you can wildshape into.

10th (FIND ME AN AWESOME CAPSTONE ABILITY HERE PLEASE)

ADVANCEMENT:

LEVEL BAB FORT REF WILL SPECIAL SPELLCASTING

1ST +0 +2 +0 +2 SPECIALIZED SPELL LIST, WILDSHAPE +1 EXISTING SPELLCASTING LEVEL
2ND +1 +3 +0 +3 +1 EXISTING SPELLCASTING LEVEL
3RD +2 +3 +1 +3 ELEMENTAL ATTUNEMENT +1 EXISTING SPELLCASTING LEVEL
4TH +3 +4 +1 +4 +1 EXISITING SPELLCASTING LEVEL
5TH +3 +4 +1 +4 ELEMENTAL FURY +1 EXISITING SPELLCASTING LEVEL
6TH +4 +5 +2 +5 +1 EXISTING SPELLCASTING LEVEL
7TH +5 +5 +2 +5 ELEMENTAL CONNECTION +1 EXISTING SPELLCASTING LEVEL
8TH +6 +6 +2 +6 +1 EXISTING SPELLCASTING LEVEL
9TH +6 +6 +3 +6 +1 EXISTING SPELLCASTING LEVEL
10TH +7 +7 +3 +7 (FILL THIS WITH SOMETHING COOL) +1 EXISTING SPELLCASTING LEVEL

*edit* Sorry about the chart new to this lay out stuff

So that is the PRC, the spell list is a mix of arcane and divine that would all be cast as divine spells.

Wrath of Nature Spell List
0-
Create water
Detect Magic
Dawn
Detect Poison
Electric Jolt
Know Direction
Light
Ray of frost
Sonic Snap

1-
Acid Orb, Leser
Cloudburst
Cold Fire
Cold Orb, Lesser
Electric Orb, Lesser
Kelgore's Firebolt
Produce Flame
Raging Flame
Sound Orb, Lesser
Shocking Grasp
Slow Burn
Thunderhead
Updraft
Winter Chill

2-
Binding Wind
Blood snow
Chill Metal
Combust
Creeping Cold
Fire Burst
Fire Trap
Flash Freeze
Flameblade
Flaming sphere
Fog Cloud
Frost breath
Heartfire
Heat Metal
Numbing Sphere
Obscuring Snow
Palarandusk's Firebreath
Scorching Ray
Winter's Embrace

3-
Artic Haze
Call Lightning
Capricious Zephyr
Control Temperature
Downdraft
Eradicate Earth
Fire Wings
Haboob
Hypothermia
Ice Burst
Ice Lance
Screen of Heat
Sleet Storm
Storm Mote
Updraft
Winter's Embrace

4-
Air Walk
Arc of Lightning
Blast of Flame
Boreal Wind
Caustic Mire
Creeping Cold, Greater
Defenstrating Sphere
Enhance Wildshape
Eye of the Hurricane
Flame Strike
Ice Storm
Ice Web
Lava Splash
Lightning Fog
Orb of Acid
Orb of Cold
Orb of Electicity
Orb of Fire
Orb of Sound
Solid Fog
Wall of Water

5-
Acid rain
Binding Winds
Blizzard
Call Avalanche
Call Lightning Storm
Cold Snap
Control Winds
Earth Reaver
Fireburst, greater
Flaywind Burst
Freezing Fog
Ice Flowers
Inferno
Resounding Thunder
Rushing Waters
Unearthly Heat
Wall of Coldfire
Wall of Fire
Wall of magma

6-
Acid Fog
Blood Sirocco
Call Lightning, Greater
Death Hail
Freeze
Fires of Purity
Fire Seeds
Mudslide
Sandblast
SandStorm
Snow Wave
Stone Hold
Stormwalk
Vigorous Circle

7-
Control Weather
Creeping Cold, Greater
Firestorm
Storm Tower
Waterspout
Whiteout
Windwalk
Wrack Earth

8-
Bombardment
Depth Surge
Earthquake
Fimbulwinter
Flash Flood
Frostfell
Glacier
Maelstrom
Red Tide
Storm of Elemental Fury
Stormrage
Whirlwind

9-
Burst of Glacial Wrath
Comet Strike
Deadly Sunstroke
Detonate
Iceberg
Obedient Avalanche
Ring of Fire
Storm of Vengeance
Thunderswarm
Tidal Wave
Tsunami
Whirlwind, Greater
Zajimarn's Avalanche

So thats what I have for spells to choose from, i may or may not whittle it down some, but the druid looses access to all healing, I believe, I would have to check again, but all their spells come from either Evocation or Conjuration now.

Anyway, look it over, and give me your opinion or ideas. I will say this now, this is not supposed to be a highly optimized class. I am not looking to break the game with it. Its just going to be an enjoyable and destructive class to play with.

Amnoriath
2014-07-06, 08:45 AM
You have an okay start. It is simple and works but it really isn't all that interesting and the casting needs a little clarification.

1. An easy fix would be to transform the casting all together into a fixed caster. In other words a spontaneous caster who has a slightly larger list of spells known but less eclectic than a typical spontaneous caster. As such massively reduce the list and make sure your list diminishes as it becomes higher while throwing in a couple of advanced learning in their from the Druid list.

2. It seems you want to focus on elements or natural catastrophes of sorts but it is a little bland that a few items can already do for you. As such maybe focus certain kinds of habitats and give abilities related to each.

3. Well those prerequisites are fine for a Druid. Personally, I would focus the wild shaping on those only with the elemental type as this is suppose to be more of a non-organic druid.