PDA

View Full Version : Dvati and Mindsight

Doc_Maynot
2014-07-06, 03:28 AM
Now I stumbled across something today and it got me thinking.

"The dvati twins have an innate, powerful psychic connection. They can communicate via telepathy at an unlimited range and across the planes."

That qualifies as the Telepathy Special Quality, right?

So that means if they take Mindsight (which doesn't note you have to be able to communicate to the creatures in your telepathy range for it to take effect)...

"A creature that has this feat can detect and pinpoint beings that are not mindless (anything with an Intelligence score of 1 or higher) within range of its telepathy."

They can mind see everything?

weckar
2014-07-06, 03:56 AM
It isn't the special quality, it's a unique Dvati ability.

Eldonauran
2014-07-06, 12:08 PM
It isn't the special quality, it's a unique Dvati ability.

Weckar is correct. Though this ability is akin to telepathy, it is a completely different ability. Dvati are essentially one mind in two bodies. They both share the same thoughts.

Thiyr
2014-07-06, 12:30 PM
Weckar is correct. Though this ability is akin to telepathy, it is a completely different ability. Dvati are essentially one mind in two bodies. They both share the same thoughts.

Or, to specify in a more rules-y way, Dvati do not have the Telepathy special ability, they have a special ability, Twins, which gives them telepathy. A small distinction, but relevant nonetheless.

Doc_Maynot
2014-07-06, 12:37 PM
Okay, thank you all for the clarification.
It would have been amazing to see that happen if it was considered the telepathy special quality, but oh well.

otakumick
2014-07-06, 12:49 PM
seeing as they can only "communicate" with themselves, I imagine given mindsight they would only be able to "see" themselves.

Edit: mind you, I am by no means stating that Dvati qualify for mindsight based on their unique twinhood, just saying that if one were to construe it as qualifying, the fact that it only functions for the pair would make it only function for the pair.

Alex12
2014-07-06, 12:58 PM
Dvati rules interactions are weird and screwy for just about everything, but this isn't one of those things.