PDA

View Full Version : Player Help needing some clarification on a few feats and enhancements

eternal
2014-07-06, 05:23 AM
So I'm reading this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?259783-3-5-Swordsage-Handbook-This-one-ll-walk-the-whole-Way-WIP-PEACH) handbook and it talks, in the flurry of death section at the bottom, about several feats and enhancements that could give you infinite amount of attacks. I can't seem to find any info on one of the enhancements(adaptive weapons)

Maybe it's just because it's early but for the life of me I can't find where it is listed in any book.

According to him

Lightning Maces: This is part of a silly, silly feat chain I'll explain in greater detail in a bit. It does require Aptitude <Your Weapon of Choice Here>
Improved Critical: This goes up if you have a level of Warblade to retrain it for use with different weapons.
Two Weapon Fighting Chain Only blue because you need them. These feats kinda bite without bonus damage of some sort.
The above feat combos generate about 5.5 attacks per round with BAB 6. When combined with the feat Snap Kick and a pair of Adaptive weapons, this can generate an infinite amount of attacks. Don't take this all the way for anything but a high-OP table. The Lightning Maces + Aptitude Weapon is pushing it by itself.

What book can I find adaptive weapons in and could someone break this down a little better. (It's early and my brain is not functioning atm.)

thedmring
2014-07-06, 05:58 AM
So I'm reading this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?259783-3-5-Swordsage-Handbook-This-one-ll-walk-the-whole-Way-WIP-PEACH) handbook and it talks, in the flurry of death section at the bottom, about several feats and enhancements that could give you infinite amount of attacks. I can't seem to find any info on one of the enhancements(adaptive weapons)

Maybe it's just because it's early but for the life of me I can't find where it is listed in any book.

According to him

What book can I find adaptive weapons in and could someone break this down a little better. (It's early and my brain is not functioning atm.)

You do realize he did explain it right?:smallsigh:

cheetah
2014-07-06, 06:05 AM
You do realize he did explain it right?:smallsigh:

Yes because that totally helps him out.

thedmring
2014-07-06, 06:12 AM
Yes because that totally helps him out.

Not my fault he can't read.:smallannoyed:

eternal
2014-07-06, 06:53 AM
que the crickets

Karnith
2014-07-06, 07:01 AM
To expand on how this works: The combo here uses Lightning Mace (a weapon style feat in Complete Warrior, pp. 113) and Aptitude weapons (a weapon special ability in Tome of Battle, p. 148). Lightning Mace gives you an additional attack whenever you roll a critical threat when attacking with a light mace, and the Aptitude weapon enhancement is generally read to allow you to apply that ability to the aptitude weapon. When using a pair of Aptitude weapons with a high critical threat range (say, Kukris, especially if you've applied the benefit of Improved Critical or a similar effect), you have a chance to roll quite a few critical threats, each one granting an extra attack, which can then provide more critical threats (and hence more attacks).

Or, basically, it gets you a bunch of attacks.

eternal
2014-07-06, 07:10 AM
To expand on how this works: The combo here uses Lightning Mace (a weapon style feat in Complete Warrior, pp. 113) and Aptitude weapons (a weapon special ability in Tome of Battle, p. 148). Lightning Mace gives you an additional attack whenever you roll a critical threat when attacking with a light mace, and the Aptitude weapon enhancement is generally read to allow you to apply that ability to the aptitude weapon. When using a pair of Aptitude weapons with a high critical threat range (say, Kukris, especially if you've applied the benefit of Improved Critical or a similar effect), you have a chance to roll quite a few critical threats, each one granting an extra attack, which can then provide more critical threats (and hence more attacks).

Or, basically, it gets you a bunch of attacks.

That was the part I understood but what I don't know is where snap kick and adaptive enhancement come in or where to even find adaptive enhancement.