PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Need a good 1-2 level dip for a gestalt Malconvoker ( Already using Marshall)

Deadkitten
2014-07-06, 02:33 PM
so I'm trying to finish out a Gestalt character for an upcoming campaign and I am having trouble filling out the other side of the build. I'm going for a Malconvoker build that uses a bit of Marshall on the other side but cannot reach a decision on what I should do around character level 4 and 5.

Any suggestions?

morkendi
2014-07-06, 02:39 PM
Cleric, buff up your summons. If you get DMM persist, could make some of your summons last all day i think.

Deadkitten
2014-07-06, 02:52 PM
Probably should have mentioned, my bad.
I'm using Pathfinder's Summoner on the other side. My DM is letting Malconvoker work on the Summon Monster spell-like ability.

Doc_Maynot
2014-07-06, 03:02 PM
A level in Bard, some gear, and the Words of Creation feat and you can give some solid boosts to your summons and your allies.

Vaz
2014-07-06, 04:21 PM
Bard for that feat which allows you to reduce saves by -10, whichever it is, my mind has failed me.

Words of Creation requires good - isn't a Malconvoker on-good required?

Doc_Maynot
2014-07-06, 04:45 PM
Bard for that feat which allows you to reduce saves by -10, whichever it is, my mind has failed me.

Words of Creation requires good - isn't a Malconvoker on-good required?

Malconvoker is Nonevil, also Prestige Bard might be an option.

chaos_redefined
2014-07-06, 09:01 PM
Warblade/Crusader dip for Leading the Charge. Boost your summons damage by another 0.5*your level. If you delay a bit further and go Warblade, you can also pick up Action before thought and Mind over Body to help on your weak saves.