PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Spells to DMM Persist in E6.

heavyfuel
2014-07-06, 03:07 PM
I want to build a DMM Persist Cleric using the usual feats (Reach and Ocular Spell) to persist pretty much everything I can. My intent is to also dip Prestige Paladin to get access to Paladin spells, so I can cast these up to lv3.

As per houserule, "Extra Spell" can be taken 3 times, and will work only for divine spells. Classes that give accelerated spell progression (eg: Ur-Priest, Assassin, etc) can't be "targeted" by Extra Spell, also per houserule.

No Magazine allowed, and no "cheese" that allows for spells whose base level is more than 3.

So, with limited spell selection. Which are the best ones to persist.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-07-06, 04:14 PM
It depends on how many spells you'll be able to persist, given that Nightsticks require Craft Rod which is unobtainable in E6 as it requires a caster level of 9th.

Generally you'll want to put Mass Lesser Vigor and Elation (BoED) on the whole party. Elation is considerably better with a single level of Paragnostic Apostle for Spatial Awareness, as it will grant everyone +15 ft. speed instead of just +5 ft.

If you can use Dragon Compendium, the feat Ability Enhancer which requires Spell Focus: Transmutation makes it so all your Transmutation spells that enhance an ability score add an additional two points to it. Bite of the Werewolf (SC) normally gives +2 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Con, +4 natural armor, and a bite attack, plus Bind-Fight, but with Ability Enhancer it will give Str +4, Dex +6, Con +6 instead. Animalistic Power (PH2) normally gives +2 to Str, Dex, and Con, but with Ability Enhancer it will give +4 to each of those.

With access to the Paladin list you can get Find The Gap (SC), but Ice Axe (SC) from the Cleric list is just as good, or better if you use Fell Drain (LM) and/or Fell Frighten (LM) with it.

jiriku
2014-07-06, 05:05 PM
+1 to mass lesser vigor and ice axe. With those, you can say goodbye to spending more than one spell slot per day for healing, and with axe you'll never need a magic weapon. Ask your DM if the Augment Healing feat improves the vigor spells. If it does, then Augment Healing is definitely worth one of your feat slots.