PDA

View Full Version : Hands full? Need help fleshing out ideas? I may be able to help!

SpikeFightwicky
2014-07-06, 08:22 PM
So I've been without an RP group for the last few years, and I need to vent some ideas I seem to keep getting about campaigns, PCs, NPCs, etc...

If anyone wants any extra information for anything in a game, or doesn't have the time to flesh out details as much as they'd like, let me know and I can try to come up with something appropriate. I've run the gamut of systems, from D&D to Dark Heresy / Rogue Trader to Conspiracy X to L5R/LBS and more.

If it's something mechanical ("I need a Scorpion clan henchman and his cronies statted up for my BBEG"), I can do that too if it's a system I have the books for. I remember there being a thread specifically for this a few years back (when I was still playing stuff), but I can't find it.

I'm not 100% sure this is the right forum for this, but it seemed to fit here instead of the sub-forums. I also didn't see a similar thread in the first 5-6 pages, so I assume I'm not duplicating anything.

Fire Lord Pi
2014-07-06, 09:44 PM
You are a good and holy man! May the dice gods forever bless you, for you give of yourself so that others might reap the harvest!

I myself do not need anything at this time. But I commend you for what you are offering and will remember you if ever I should need assistance in my current "Pirate" campaign. I'm working on a campaign journal. So when I finally post it, I hope you'll offer input and ideas for the campaign. I'm always looking for the next bit of plot to feed the PCs in such an open world.

prufock
2014-07-07, 06:12 AM
I'm still looking for ideas for my Justice Legacy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?359914-DC-2029-Justice-Legacy) game, if you'd like to take some stabs at it. I have some pretty broad strokes laid out, but I'm still fleshing out the details.

SpikeFightwicky
2014-07-07, 05:42 PM
You are a good and holy man! May the dice gods forever bless you, for you give of yourself so that others might reap the harvest!

I myself do not need anything at this time. But I commend you for what you are offering and will remember you if ever I should need assistance in my current "Pirate" campaign. I'm working on a campaign journal. So when I finally post it, I hope you'll offer input and ideas for the campaign. I'm always looking for the next bit of plot to feed the PCs in such an open world.

Heh, thanks! Only works if people need help, though :smallsmile:

I'm still looking for ideas for my Justice Legacy game, if you'd like to take some stabs at it. I have some pretty broad strokes laid out, but I'm still fleshing out the details.

I'll head on over and take a look!

Silus
2014-07-07, 08:55 PM
Well it's a bit of a task, but I'd appreciate a fresh set of eyes for my homebrew world I'm slowly putting together *Points at signature*

Mostly things in the vein of "This wouldn't realistically work in game because [reasons]" or "This may work better while still keeping the same feel" kinda thing. I've not had a chance to playtest a lot of it due to my turn as DM being a ways off. But yeah, just tips, suggestions, thoughts and such would be greatly appreciated. No rush either.

Cowardly Griffo
2014-07-07, 09:48 PM
So I'm in a monstrous gestalt game where we're starting out at ECL 11. My character Sharyss (an Unholy Scion Yuan-Ti Pureblood who mainly specializes in Binding) has spent most of the last century and change in the deep jungle, hiding away from the world and getting in touch with all the weird things which lie outside the natural order. During this time, most of the world she knew was being slashed and burned by human crusaders, which she was quite unaware of.

So, my question is: any convincing ideas on how she could have acquired the allotted Level 11 wealth in that situation? Caveats:
1. While class and race alignment restrictions are flexible, Sharyss is going to be solidly neutral on the moral axis at best, so Vow of Poverty, Ancestral Relic and so on are not really viable solutions.
2. Raiding abandoned ruins is a nice fallback explanation, but I'd like something with a little more punch to it.
3. I'd be open to taking feats, classes and so on that would help explain the acquisition, so long as I can find a way to fit it into the story. It's a low-op game, and the narrative is more of a focus.

SpikeFightwicky
2014-07-08, 08:27 PM
So I'm in a monstrous gestalt game where we're starting out at ECL 11. My character Sharyss (an Unholy Scion Yuan-Ti Pureblood who mainly specializes in Binding) has spent most of the last century and change in the deep jungle, hiding away from the world and getting in touch with all the weird things which lie outside the natural order. During this time, most of the world she knew was being slashed and burned by human crusaders, which she was quite unaware of.

So, my question is: any convincing ideas on how she could have acquired the allotted Level 11 wealth in that situation? Caveats:
1. While class and race alignment restrictions are flexible, Sharyss is going to be solidly neutral on the moral axis at best, so Vow of Poverty, Ancestral Relic and so on are not really viable solutions.
2. Raiding abandoned ruins is a nice fallback explanation, but I'd like something with a little more punch to it.
3. I'd be open to taking feats, classes and so on that would help explain the acquisition, so long as I can find a way to fit it into the story. It's a low-op game, and the narrative is more of a focus.

Question: Do you know what you're going to do (or what the DM will let you do) with your wealth by level? If we have specifics it might easier to figure something out.

A few 'off the top of my head' options ->
-Are there any sentient beings living in the deep jungle that may have had the wealth and have traded it for favors / tasks that your character would have accomplished? Alternatively, maybe you owe these denizens for your wealth and they have a specialized task or object to acquire that your character will have to sidequest along the way.

-As far as I think I know the Binder, maybe through dealings with outsiders you managed to exchange important items for servitude (the outsiders requires "something" in the material world that you can get/do for them). Kind of like a reverse of the usual "summon an outsider to do your chores" situation. Maybe it involved leaving the prime material plane for a bit to accomplish something the outsider can't on their native plane. It seems to be in-character, and would involve more of an extra background detail rather than choosing mechanical options (like classes or feats) to have it make sense. Especially interesting if you haven't yet fully paid off your 'debt'.

-Has she actually encountered any of the crusading humans yet? That's an easy source right there if she took down a few groups of them. Probably the most mundane option, though.

Let me know if this is somewhere in the ballpark of the kind of stuff you're looking for.

Well it's a bit of a task, but I'd appreciate a fresh set of eyes for my homebrew world I'm slowly putting together *Points at signature*

Mostly things in the vein of "This wouldn't realistically work in game because [reasons]" or "This may work better while still keeping the same feel" kinda thing. I've not had a chance to playtest a lot of it due to my turn as DM being a ways off. But yeah, just tips, suggestions, thoughts and such would be greatly appreciated. No rush either.

I'll take a gander at your thread, though it might take a bit of time to reply (tons of details to go through). I can definitely give my 2 cents on it as soon as I can.