PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Survival Campaign

Were-Sandwich
2007-02-27, 02:59 PM
my players, stop reading now
.No, really, stop.

Okay, now they're gone:

I have just finished reading the Zombie Survival Guide from a friend (who will be playing this game), and immediatly wanted to run a Zombie survival game. I will be using my own system (its in Homebrew somewhere), with a simplified combat system.

The players will be playing as themselves (we already made characters). The basic premise is that they have been at a LARPing event in an remote village, and have spent the last night partying, HARD. So hard, they didn't notice the beginnings of a zombie attack. They have to survive as long as possible.

The plot goes like this (and may require background from the Zombie Survival Guide).

Black Dragon (the chinese biological weapons research people) have once again began experimenting with project Cherry Blossom (using zombies as weapons). To test it out, they performed a test insertion inthe English countryside (which just happens to be near our Erstwhile heroes). It was an initial success. However, the Brotherhood of Life (a japanese Zombie Fighting secret society) has caught wind of this, and has sent operatives to deal with it.

Enter the PCs. They will meet terrified townspeople, disgruntled farmers, Black Dragon observers, Brotherood of Life swordsmen, and, of course, lots and lots of zombies.

Norsesmithy
2007-02-27, 03:04 PM
Sounds fun, but are you asking a question?

Also, could you tell us what you expect the charectors to use to combat the horde. I mean they aren't LARPing with live steel, are they?

Stevenson
2007-02-27, 03:05 PM
...and? What do you want us to say? Sounds fun, to be sure.'Twill be a real blast. But I'm not sure what kind of feedback you were hoping to recieve.
Ah, somebody got in there before me. Ah well. I'd assume that, as LARPers at a LARP convention, they have plastic weapons of some kind.

Were-Sandwich
2007-02-27, 03:19 PM
Oh. Should have been ended with "And help would be appreciated."

And they'll have to improvise their weaponry. There's enough in the Guide to help them there. A lot of garden tools for example.

Arang
2007-02-27, 03:24 PM
How are you doing the actual zombie killing? As I recall, you need to sever or damage the brain to actually kill a zombie, but you can stop them by just shooting them to pieces too.

Norsesmithy
2007-02-27, 03:43 PM
Ahh. Be sure to let the players know that retreat is a viable option.

Then again, so is tremendous aggression, but mixing the two can create problems.

I know that I own certain things that would be illegal, and uncommon in Britain, but an aggressive approach to the zombie problem that I wrote up can be found starting here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12680&page=3)

tape_measure
2007-02-27, 04:04 PM
A friend fo mine once ran a great game around the same premise.

He used GURPs ruleset as the basis, however, and based it in our home town. It turned out really well as he broke apart the city with zombie maulings and what not.

The last scene we played consisted of a free for all battle with a group of people who were held up in a grocery store.

which brings me to the main point: Feed off of the PC's fear.