PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed bonus feats

Somensjev
2014-07-06, 10:40 PM
So, i was wondering. How many classes give you bonus feats at level one?
so far i've found wizard, psion, cleric (using certain domains), and a handful of others

i ask this question because i want to make a character with a large selection of feats, however, after getting the build up to level 4 as a rogue/wizard/psion/cleric, i began to wonder if i could make a build all the way to level 20, that got a bonus feat every level from level two onward, and had no base attack bonus

tl;dr, i want to compile a list of 1/2 or 3/4 BAB progression classes that award a bonus feat at 1st level

Giddonihah
2014-07-06, 10:50 PM
To start.

Artificer (Scribe Scroll)
Wu Jen (Bonus Feat)
Marshal (Skill Focus Diplomacy, bonus feat if you already have the skill focus)
Monk (sooo many)
Unarmed Swordsage (IUS)
Divine Mind (Wild Talent)
Soulknife (Wild Talent)
Psychic Warrior (Bonus feat)
Dragonfire Adept (Dragon Touched)
Eidolon (bonus feat.. gotta be a ghost)
Mystic (Gets a domain)
Samurai (Exotic Weapon Proficiency Bastard sword)
Shaman (unarmed strike)
Swashbuckler (Weapon Finnesse)

Also I'm betting theres a Bard acf somewhere with a bonus feat. Prolly a Scout ACF as well.
This gets a whole lot easier if we use Prestiges of course. Shame Chameleons bonus feat is at lvl 2, its unique in that you can change it freely every day.

And technically single splashes into Incarnum classes or Initiator classes give you the equivalent of multiple feats.

Rubik
2014-07-07, 12:06 AM
Check the Armor Proficiency and Shield Proficiency feats in the SRD. Note which classes they state get those as bonus feats.

Also note the Shun the Dark Chaos and Embrace the Dark Chaos spells from the Fiendish Codex I.

Somensjev
2014-07-07, 02:40 AM
Check the Armor Proficiency and Shield Proficiency feats in the SRD. Note which classes they state get those as bonus feats.

Also note the Shun the Dark Chaos and Embrace the Dark Chaos spells from the Fiendish Codex I.

i always new chaos shuffling was awesome, but i never realised that you can swap your armour and shield proficiency with feats :smalleek:

Terazul
2014-07-07, 02:53 AM
i always new chaos shuffling was awesome, but i never realised that you can swap your armour and shield proficiency with feats :smalleek:

Only the ones specifically granted as feats. If a class says "X is proficient with Martial Weapons and all Shields (including tower shields)" then it doesn't work, but if it said " X gains Martial Weapon Proficiency as a bonus feat at level 2", then it does. Same reason it works on Elf bonus racial proficiencies.

Somensjev
2014-07-07, 07:17 AM
how much does it cost for a scrol of shun/embrace the dark chaos? :smallconfused:
and one shuffle (a scroll of each spell) only replaces one feat, doesn't it? so i'd need two scrolls for each feat i want to shuffle away? :smallconfused:

actually, in the custom item rules could a make one item that can cast both spells x/day times? because that'd be pretty useful, i could spend each morning changing my feats. of course, i could do this with two separate items

Rubik
2014-07-07, 11:14 AM
Only the ones specifically granted as feats. If a class says "X is proficient with Martial Weapons and all Shields (including tower shields)" then it doesn't work, but if it said " X gains Martial Weapon Proficiency as a bonus feat at level 2", then it does. Same reason it works on Elf bonus racial proficiencies.The shield and armor feats explicitly say that certain classes gain them as bonus feats, so it unambiguously works for those classes (beyond Rule Zero, of course).

how much does it cost for a scrol of shun/embrace the dark chaos? :smallconfused:Each spell is 8th level and costs 250 xp, so scrolls thereof cost 80 (spell level x 10) x 15 (minimum CL) + 1,250 (250 xp x 5) = 2,550 gp each.

and one shuffle (a scroll of each spell) only replaces one feat, doesn't it? so i'd need two scrolls for each feat i want to shuffle away? :smallconfused:Yes, you'd need two scrolls for each feat you want to sub out, unless you want an Abyssal heritor feat.