PDA

View Full Version : 5th member of a party made up of my family

bravebonebook
2014-07-07, 02:48 AM
I am going to introduce D&D (using Pathfinder rules) to my family. Any bits of advice would be appreciated BUT I'm actually looking for an idea for a 5th party member/ DMPC/ NPC to accompany them and sort of guide them through while they learn how to play.

Their starting 1st level characters will be:
Son #1: warforged magus (just enough magic to not be too deadly) with a trait to also let him be the trap master
Son #2: human barbarian
Daughter: Dhampir Inquisitor (she really wants to beat on zombies and vampires. I'm keeping her race a secret right now as a sorcerer type bloodline but think she'll like the reveal later on)
Wife: Elven or half-elf Spell-less Ranger (Bow/Switch- hitter)

I was thinking the DMPC a little race (halfling or gnome, even dwarf) but can't settle on a class. Bard? Sorcerer for more firepower? I was trying to avoid any of them taking a cleric (religious questions...) but also considered if the DMPC could be good as a cleric or druid to fill that need?

Thank you for all suggestions!

Hurnn
2014-07-07, 03:06 AM
I am going to introduce D&D (using Pathfinder rules) to my family. Any bits of advice would be appreciated BUT I'm actually looking for an idea for a 5th party member/ DMPC/ NPC to accompany them and sort of guide them through while they learn how to play.

Their starting 1st level characters will be:
Son #1: warforged magus (just enough magic to not be too deadly) with a trait to also let him be the trap master
Son #2: human barbarian
Daughter: Dhampir Inquisitor (she really wants to beat on zombies and vampires. I'm keeping her race a secret right now as a sorcerer type bloodline but think she'll like the reveal later on)
Wife: Elven or half-elf Spell-less Ranger (Bow/Switch- hitter)

I was thinking the DMPC a little race (halfling or gnome, even dwarf) but can't settle on a class. Bard? Sorcerer for more firepower? I was trying to avoid any of them taking a cleric (religious questions...) but also considered if the DMPC could be good as a cleric or druid to fill that need?

Thank you for all suggestions!

Buffbot cleric honestly would be the best, out side that druid or at least some other class with buffs and heals.