PDA

View Full Version : Meteor Age: 5th Edition D&D

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

niks97cobra
2014-07-07, 03:00 AM
You are the newest recruits to the bronze dragon's unit of advanced, small scout units, known as Spitfire's Flame. You have been officially hired, and requested to this meeting.

You find yourself in an underground hall in the town of Hot Springs. Hot Springs is where Spitfire and her family unit makes their lair. The springs are known throughout the realm for their healing properties. Clerics far and wide pay for the waters from the healing springs so that they may create healing potions, and the dragon Spitfire has become rich off of it, but not as rich as the leaders of Padonthia City, who make their wealth off of the meteor ore from the meteors cast down by Gods during the cataclysm. You are one of several groups that will take on the task of securing the meteor that has became known as the Ruby Meteor.

You sit in a very hot, humid room. Puddles of warm springs gush with smoke around you. The table is set with food that a dragonborn, kobold or joblin would find as a delicacy such as pickled pigs feet, dire boar snout and centipede legs. To most of you, it is waste, but you know the necessity of being polite to such a powerful host.

After being allowed to 'dine' on such a 'feast', a beautiful elven maiden enters the room. Long, flowing purple robes flow around her. Fear, awe, love, and various other emotions over come you. She looks at each of you.

"You come highly recommended. I have set in motion a great deal of events. You obviously know you are here to start some of those events. My enemies, who you know, are the twin green dragons of the jungle, are fortifying the Ruby Meteor. We must take that meteor. One of the twins is speaking with a red dragon that lairs near the meteor. Your first task is to steal an artifact from the red dragon. He will be distracted with negotiations with the Twin. My agents have located a cavern to sneak into his lair, and steal the artifact. Once you have retrieved it, one of my sons will place it in the Twins lair. The red dragon will be able to trace it, and think that it was stolen by his supposed ally, the green twin. This will buy us sometime to take the meteor." You realize this elf could be none other than Spitfire, the bronze dragon, one of the most powerful of all beings in the realms of the Sun Coast.

She looks over you patiently, awaiting any questions.

Redfeline
Drink to much: Padonthia Wine, Dwarven Cherry Ale, etc
Group of ogres...
Need: Character name and a bit more background so I can determine who these ogres are as part of the adventures.

Anubis Dread
Play nicely with others... enough... bwahaha. Most of your vandalizing would be from small villages to the west of the mountains in uncharted territory, but technically still in Spitfire's realm. Tread lightly, but indulge on your characters hatred at the same time.

Sartharina
To the dragonborn, Spitfire and her family are supreme rulers... yet to the halflings, one of her daughters actually serves them, which in turn allies, and causes a slight political confusion between halfling rulers and the dragon, but the halflings are very primitive, so it can, and will get complicated once daughter dragon matures more, if she were to rebel against mama Spitfire. With the gnomes, Spitfire is powerful enough to help them barter decent trade agreements from the dwarves and Padonthia-City. Which is why Spitfire must gain control of the meteor in question. Coin and control. The leaders of Padonthia City are not your typical slouches.

Dire_Stirge
You can feel that egg is worth something, though you cannot figure out why. You know it will hatch, but what is contained within the egg, you cannot even fathom. Having ventured outside of your village, you cannot figure out why there was no mage in your village prior to the coming of your teacher, but you believe the egg still holds a clue.

Infernally Clay
The main thing that puzzles you about the single bright green feather is its size and strength. As someone sent to catalog the
species of the jungle, you are familar with a vast array for animals. This feather is too heavy to be an air born creature, but far to small to be a flightless bird, though no magic can be detect on the feather discovered.

Inevitability
2014-07-07, 09:41 AM
Bor, who hadn't been eating much until now, reaches for one of the pig's legs, and puts it in his mouth. Anticipating a horrible taste, he silently casts a minor spell to mask the flavor a bit. It still smells bad, but at least the food doesn't taste like pickled liver pudding anymore. The wizard then looks up, swallows, and grumpily says:

"Okay, I get the plan, but what if that red dragon has taken a day off from negotiating and is waiting for us to enter his home? I may be in need of some money, but that doesn't mean I'm suicidal."

Bor waits for an answer, paying attention to every single move the dragoness makes.

Cast Prestidigitation on the food, giving it the flavor of a well done steak.

I then carefully examine the dragoness, trying to see if she is unsure about anything.

Insight: Made a mistake here! I'm sorry.

You can feel that egg is worth something, though you cannot figure out why. You know it will hatch, but what is contained within the egg, you cannot even fathom. Having ventured outside of your village, you cannot figure out why there was no mage in your village prior to the coming of your teacher, but you believe the egg still holds a clue.

I don't think you understood my backstory. It may be unusual that there were no wizards in my village before my teacher came along, but it isn't mysterious either. I do not see how an egg (which I got as reward for a task far away from my old village) and the absence of any wizards in said village are related.

Also, what is a 'joblin'?

Inevitability
2014-07-07, 09:43 AM
Insight:

[roll0]

Infernally Clay
2014-07-07, 05:55 PM
"I don't care so much about the danger, since just being able to visit a dragon's hoard will be worth the risk," Sari admitted, "...but, if we are to put our lives on the line for it, I do want to know why the meteor is important to you."

niks97cobra
2014-07-08, 01:42 AM
"Don't like the food?" Spitfire questions, glaring at Bor after he questions her. "Only one of you will be entering the lair."

She pulls out a potion and twirls it in her hand. "My help have came up with a potion, it makes you invisible, and, luckily for you, the red won't be able to smell you.. and will keep whoever snatches the artifact, quiet. Entering the lair and retrieving the artifact, is the easy part. No one guards the lair but the red. The red's guards are only above the lair, not below. Coming from below, the hazard is the denizens of the cavern. My son will have more information for you about them once you arrive. If for some reason the red does take the day off from negotiations, my son will take care of that... but if I know dragons..." She chuckles at her own joke for a second, "the negotiations could take weeks."

She pauses for a moment, "As far as payment, I will make sure you live like an aristocrat for a year. The artifact is a golden rod, its importance is of no concern to you."

Spitfire sneers at Sari, "I need to have a talk with my recruiter if you have to ask why a dragon, or anyone else, for that matter, would want wealth, though you sit next to this," she thumbs at the wizard, "who wants to make sure he is well paid for such a simple task. What sort of hired help are you? Do you want the job, or not? I'm sure I can find others to take my coin. Oh, and it is important to note, no other items in the the red's lair shall be touched. I do want him as an ally after this."

"Is anyone else scared or have questions to ask? My son is waiting on you." Spitfire is obviously annoyed with having to deal with you and your questions. She begins scribbling a teleportation circle in the ground with a staff, which seems to have appeared from no where.

Note: A joblin is a civilized goblin accepted in mixed cultures where all standard races would be accepted.

Dire_Stirge
Your insight shows only confidence in the dragoness. She is intimidating, fearless and terrifyingly beautiful.

As for the egg, I was trying to give it a semblance of mystery but involve it in the campaign and your backstory. If you don't like the idea, that is fine, we can come up with something else or it can just stay a simple trinket that never enters the campaign.

redfeline
The deposit slip is a gift from a now dead relative to you and your not-to-be husband. Unfortunately for you, to withdraw whatever was left for you, you must have your not-to-be husband with you, yet you haven't met him, nor can you find him.

redfeline
2014-07-08, 03:15 AM
In a soft voice at the wizardI... wouldn't touch anything else. I... wouldn't touch anything. At this point spitfire cut off the quiet stammering and said what Therhana would of. Besides if the dragon can track one item into the layer of another why not track a second item back to a party of thieves.

directed quietly at spitfire. How are we... um... to return. Therhana offered a sheepish grin. And will the... the red chase us.. too the twins layer?

niks97cobra
2014-07-08, 04:14 AM
"My son waits for you to come. He will give you directions through the caverns. He will try and keep any hostiles away from noticing you. Once you retrieve the rod, you will return to him. You will not venture to the Twins layer, my son will do that. The red will not notice the missing artifact until it returns to slumber in its layer, which, like I said, may take some time. If you are successful with this, I have further tasks for you. If not, well then this is a suicide mission. If you are not successful, you will most likely be walkers of the night." The dragon notices a crease in her robes and smooths it out.

She settles down a bit, the dragon is obviously not used to dealing with those who aren't here kind. "What I am planning will make me wealthy, but will also free the jungles of their terrorizing rule. The elves and dragonborn will be free. Free trade will stretch for thousands of miles. It will unite the Sun Coast." She seems to drift off for a second into a future that she is imagining.

Inevitability
2014-07-08, 08:01 AM
The wizard nods at Spitfire's words, then sighes, looks away, and takes a gulp of some alcoholic mixture that doesn't even smell and taste too bad, compared to the other things offered here. He then puts it down with a sigh, and stares at something visible only to him.

I am fine with the egg eventually hatching (and maybe, just maybe getting a familiar out of it) but I just didn't want to link it to a completely unrelated part of my backstory.

And thanks for the note on Joblins, I didn't know that.

Sartharina
2014-07-08, 10:57 AM
Altarik seemed to enjoy the feast well enough, though he seemed only focused on the booze and centipede legs, wondering where the bodies of the centipedes were - red meats weren't much his thing, but cave insects, boozes of all types, and fungus were delicious! The lack of mushrooms was disappointing, though.

He seemed happy with the mission at first, but the more Spitfire talked, the more apprehensive he became. "So ye intend fer this Red ta be an ally? How d'ye intend to keep 'is trust and alliagence 'en this ruse is discovahd?" he asked, looking to his hammer. "Long after'r greens' demise, o'course." He was apprehensive about the condescending tone Spitfire took with them, and looked to his partners as well. Standing up, he nodded, "Well, ye know me. Th'job's the job, and ah've given mah word to serve you ta the end o' me days, no matter how soon'r late they mebe."

Anubis Dread
2014-07-09, 12:29 AM
The leather clad wood elf didn't even pretend to enjoy the putrid food and bland wine. There was no point - this was food for monsters, not elves. Besides, if he was here that meant they recognized they needed a proper elf for the job. Being polite would be a waste.

Leaning back on his chair, his feet on the table, Dariel looked over at their host. At least she had a good taste in forms to take. "So from what I take it, we just need to do a quick snatch and grab for this reds thing? Simple enough job, for someone who has feet that aren't lead weights," he smirked, giving a pointed look to some of his companions. Barring Sari of course. "If it'll stop the lizard from messing with even a single pure-blooded elf I'm in. Especially for that pay. I'm thinking you may be a little bit dim if you think getting rid of one lizard is enough for some lesser lizards to be allowed the right to 'unite' with the elves though. It'd take a lot more than that for me to shake hands with one anyway. Still I'm sure you've got something cooking in that head of yours if you're willing to part from your horde for this bit of petty theft."

niks97cobra
2014-07-09, 04:34 AM
The dragon looks to Altarik, "The enemy of my enemy is an ally. That is all you need to know."

Then Dariel speaks... the dragon looks at him, "Dim? Lizard?"

A ball of light shines above his head and then begins to dim. It is a simple cantrip but then you notice that Dariel can't speak. First his lips turn a light shade of blue, then the rest of his body begins giving off steam, as if hot water was poured onto snow.

The elf collapses from the spell. The dragon utters a few words and blows a bit of warmth towards the lifeless body of the elf. Dariel awakes.

"Call one of my kind a lizard again. Please. Does anyone else need a lesson before you undertake this job?" Spitfire says.

Anubis Dread
You take 14 hp worth of damage.

Dire_stirge
Well, if it is only to get a meta game use out of it, I'm probably not gonna use it. Otherwise, feel free to figure an actual way for it to tie in that I can use in game where you can earn it. I would love to tie into the game some how. The more interesting, the better, and I wouldn't mind creating an adventure around it.

Anubis Dread
2014-07-09, 10:00 AM
Ugh... she was far more touchy than he'd thought she'd be, considering he wasn't even slagging one of HER species. "I thought the shiny ones and the not shiny ones were considered different species?" he groaned, grabbing onto the edge of the table and forcing himself back up. Dear Correllon, he didn't know if all dragons were like this or she was just especially testy. "I meant the evil kinds. You clearly are much too refined to be called a mere lizard."

He decided to patently ignore the fact he'd called her dim rather than try apologizing for it. That would admit he'd been in the wrong... which he wasn't, but more importantly if he admitted he was wrong it would mean she was right to punish him. And she'd almost bloody killed him!

Inevitability
2014-07-09, 11:46 AM
Bor looks with a grin at the elf being put in his place. That insolent pointy-eared warrior needed to show a little respect towards creatures stronger than himself. Deciding to pull him a bit more down, Bor threw a bit of knowledge after it.

"The different kinds of dragons are not called shiny or not-shiny, fool! Chromatic and Metallic is what their names are. And here I thought elves were supposed to be smart."

That should keep that elf quiet for a bit, Bor thinks.

Anubis Dread
2014-07-09, 12:00 PM
Oh he did NOT just say that!?

Forcing himself to be calm... elves were superior after all, being upset at a weakling calling you weak just proved how weak you truly were... Dariel sat back down properly, before shooting a glare at the human wizard.

"Comparing apples to apples yes. I'm a warrior though. You're a mage. It seems a bit of an unfair comparison. Even I admit that any mage could beat me in a pop quiz elf or no. Though unless the li-dragon intends to quiz us rather than toast us, I don't really see all those smarts being any bloody use."

Inevitability
2014-07-09, 01:32 PM
"Those smar... You really are cheeky, aren't you? So this is not of use?"

The last word is accompanied by a whispered word and a quick motion of Bor's hand, and suddenly a small orb of fire flies at the floor in front of the elf, almost burning his shoes.

"I studied for ten. bloody. years. before I could do this. I served in the army because I could do this. The next time you are going to make any oh-so-clever remarks about it, I'm aiming for you. I wonder how well you can swing a weapon with third-degree burns all over your sword arm?"

Fire bolt attack roll: [roll0]
damage roll [roll1]

Just to see how much damage the floor sustains.

Anubis Dread
2014-07-09, 02:58 PM
The elf frowned at the mage. Why was everyone having an attitude today? "I said your smarts, not your magic. You studied hard to get your magic, that's great. Your smarts is just a bi-product of it and bloody useless. Magic is great, knowing the first name of some random dire wolf because you read it in a book once isn't so much. 'sides, last I checked you could also toss fire by begging a god for a favor or having your great grand father be a beholder or some bull like that, so it's not like all magic needs to be smart."

"That said," he went on, one hand slowly going to one of his scimtars before casually popping it slightly out of its sheath with his thumb. "If you throw fire at me again just to try and prove some stupid point, I'll cut the air directly in front and behind your neck to make a point of my own. Not my fault if something happens to be between the two points, if you get my drift."

redfeline
2014-07-10, 01:16 AM
Stoo.. stop it. Therhana takes a quick moment to compose herself. We have enough freaking enemies to worry about. With out your... your... your darn peeing contest.

Remind me was there a no excessive swearing clause to use the forms? Although I kind of think excessive cencored swears would make a low charisma trait.

niks97cobra
2014-07-10, 02:35 AM
The fire bolt fizzles out before it strikes the ground. The dragon glares at Bor. "There will be none of that in my halls. My recruiters must be fools. Now are you all done checking to see who is more idiotic, or should I find others to take your place?"

Redfeline
I have no clue, but I don't have a problem with it if no one else does.

Inevitability
2014-07-10, 02:55 AM
"Okay, okay, let's get going then. Mind if I take along a bottle of this?" Bor says, his anger fading a bit.

The human already reaches out for a bottle of the alcoholic mixture that he just drank. While it tasted about as good as cheap beer, it was unlikely that he'd find anything better where he was going.

Anubis Dread
2014-07-10, 09:59 AM
"I don't see why people are getting upset at me when I'm the only bloody person who didn't throw a fire ball during a debriefing," Dariel noted wryly... but he still pushed his scimitar back down to a full sheathed position. He decided to pointedly leave unsaid that at least the wizard's fire ball had had the grace to not actually HIT someone, unlike their hosts.

"I'm ready whenever. It's still a simple snatch and grab, with maybe a few handicaps... dragon or no it should be a cinch."

redfeline
2014-07-10, 02:01 PM
Therhana took a few deep breathes still nervous in front of the hostess. R..ready She smiles meekly.

niks97cobra
2014-07-11, 12:11 AM
The dragon draws runes in the ground and utters a few words. "Step into the circle, my son awaits you on the other side... he might not be so patient with you." She glares at Dariel.

She tosses Therhana the special potion. "Hold onto this."

Infernally Clay and Sartharina
Ya'll still with us? Have only seen one post each...

Inevitability
2014-07-11, 03:27 AM
Seeing the dragoness silence as a yes, Bor grabs one of the bottles and steps into the circle.

Sartharina
2014-07-11, 09:55 AM
With the heated exchange at the table done, and trusting that Spitfire knows what she's doing, Altarik headed toward the portal. "And so we are off."

Anubis Dread
2014-07-11, 12:19 PM
Shrugging, Dariel gets up off his chair and joins the crew. At this point any more talk would just earn him another fire ball. Seriously, did they incinerate everyone who asked for directions to the bathroom? For Corellons sake...

redfeline
2014-07-11, 05:18 PM
Therhana considers the potion for a moment, take off her pack and places it securely into the bed roll. No accidents this time. She carefully repacks the bedroll and all other contents.

She than steps into the portal with the others.

niks97cobra
2014-07-12, 01:11 AM
The group steps into the teleportation circle and disappears. As you disappear you hear the dragon say, "Not joining, Sari?"

The four of you appear in a clearing along a river bank. Tall pines tower above the clearing. It is slightly cooler here, than what you are used to, but still very warm, it is the middle of the summer after all, nearing the end of the month of Growth. You quickly notice that the forest is silent though, oddly calm. Then a rock by the river bank moves, and it turns from rock to a young adult bronze dragon. He looks at you quietly while you adjust.

"Well, I suppose you have been filled in why you are here," he rumbles. He pulls out a small satchel from a larger bag and hands it to the first taker. "In there you will find a map to the cave entrance, and a map of the cave. There is also a potion of detect secret door. Use it where the map indicates. One of you will use the potion mom gave you, sneak in, grab the rod, which is easily located in the hoard, it is golden, entwined with silver Padonthia leaves, and a crest with a red dragon's head at the top. I must stress not to take anything else. The red will be able to trace anything from its layer."

Map 1:
This map details a fairly short trip, less than half a day to the cavern entrance, which sits at the base of a mountain range to the southeast. The travel looks very straight forward.

Map 2: The cave is only a mile or so deep from the entrance, though there are two areas the dragon has circled. There are also many side passages into the cave.

"The trip is an easy one, you shouldn't have much trouble in the forest. There are two places in the cavern that appears to be occupied, but by what, that changes often. I expect you back here by nightfall. Now unless you have questions, I'd suggest you get going."

Inevitability
2014-07-12, 02:42 AM
"Cave, potion, map, rod, don't take anything else. Got it." Bor speaks as he tries to remember the instructions.

The wizard takes the potion, putting it in a specifically made holder to the side of his pack.

"Does anyone want to do something before we go? I don't want to have to camp in the woods tonight."

I think it would really help if you gave us at least a crude picture of the map. It will really help visualizing what way we are going. Could you please please pretty please create one? If it is too difficult, I don't mind.

niks97cobra
2014-07-12, 03:10 AM
Map 1
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/MA1.png

Map 2
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/MA2.png

redfeline
2014-07-12, 03:37 AM
Lets get this flipping mission underway. Therhana starts moving but tries to stay near the mage in the marching order.

Inevitability
2014-07-12, 07:52 AM
Bor studies the map. Back in the army, he had to plan routes a few times, and this map was simple enough.

"Let's see... Through the forest is straightforward. If we just walk at a normal pace, we'll arrive in about... three hours? Then once we're in that cave, we turn right, turn left, arrive in 'area 1', to on to 'area 2' and then straight towards that dragon's lair."

The wizard then turns to the dragon, for one last question.

"What are those 'area 1' and 'area 2' places? It seems odd to me that they are marked on the map. And where will we have to use that potion?"

Anubis Dread
2014-07-12, 12:20 PM
Wilderness exploration, stealth, a little thievery... all specialties of his. Of course he was saddled with a bunch of dirt-blooded weights as well, but they were going up against a lizard of colossal proportions - he needed a few meat walls if he was going to pull this off. Still, he was in his element, and simply wanted to get on the road.

"Wait, how exactly can the dragon track a single coin? The artifact I can understand, it shines like a bloody magic beacon I'm sure. But how could it track anything else reliably? I mean, I guess it could cast some divination spells if it's able to, but then we're screwed from the get go because it can just ask 'Did the Green take my loot?' Then when it gets an answer of 'no you bloody idiot, the bronze did' the whole scam is off."

niks97cobra
2014-07-13, 03:53 PM
"Those are the two places I said I marked that may be occupied. You should use the potion where I put 'to the dragon's lair.' As for tracking coin, we are not sure the capabilities or how far the red has gone to made sure his coin is protected. Better safe than sorry, as they say."

Inevitability
2014-07-14, 12:46 AM
"Well, with that out of the way, let's go! Who's going to walk in front of the group? I myself am not too suited for doing that." Bor speaks with an expression that reveals he really wants to go now. He already turns to the direction they have to go and takes the map out to double-check it.

Anubis Dread
2014-07-14, 12:11 PM
...well, that was concerning. The odds of this blowing up in their face royally just went from 'kind of high' to 'why the bloody hell are we even bothering?' Still, he was being paid. And this was a good chance to show what an elf could really do.

"If by 'out in front' you mean a foward scout, I'm your elf. As I said before, I'm likely the only one here who's footsteps can't be heard three kingdoms over. If you mean a meatwall, Corellon no! Being stabbed gives me a rash."

niks97cobra
2014-07-14, 11:05 PM
Travel through the forest is not difficult, until about two hours into the trip. You come to a clearing and you realize you are surrounded. From the trees ahead you hear a goblin yell a war chant, and a group of goblins step out of the forest, firing arrows at you. Both Bor and Altarik cannot get out of the way of the arrows in time.

Map
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/GoblinMap1.png

Characters
Bor: HP 8, 7 taken
Dariel: HP 12
Therhana: HP 14
Altarik: HP 14, 3 taken

Goblins
Goblin Leader: AC 15, HP 18
Goblins 1-5: AC 13, HP 3

Anubis Dread
2014-07-14, 11:58 PM
What in the Nine Hells? GOBLINS?! He hadn't seen nor heard head nor hide of these dirt-blooded monstrosities. How had they eluded his attention, in the woods no less? Were they all Rogues? They had to all be extremely experienced in stealth at the very least, he had keen senses even for an elf...

"Sneaky little buggers... let's see if they can take it as well as they can dish it out," the elf spat, shooting off an arrow at one of the goblin minions shooting them. The leader could wait - for now they had to get fewer arrows blasting at them each turn.

Looking around, the elf began rushing to the nearest piece of cover and diving behind it, trying to block the line of sight of the goblins to the North, South and East. That arrow should have gutted one of the ones to the West, so he'd only have one shot to worry about.

I am very surprised they beat a passive Perception of 15. Then again, goblins I suppose. They are sneaky little blighters. :smallyuk:

Arrow Shot - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]

EDIT: Annnnd my first roll for the game is a critical fumble. This can only means good things.

Inevitability
2014-07-15, 01:32 AM
"Goblins? GOBLINS! I hate goblins..."

Clutching the wound he sustained from the arrow, Bor shoots various bolts of magical force who all strike true, tearing the goblin's chests apart. Bor's leading experience returns to him, and together with his deep hatred for all things goblinoid, he suddenly seems like a whole other person.

"Kill all of those filthy monsters! Leave no survivors!"

Casting Magic Missile, 1 first-level slot left.
I automatically hit G3, G4 and G5

G3 damage: [roll0] force damage
G4 damage: [roll1] force damage
G5 damage: [roll2] force damage

Sartharina
2014-07-15, 02:48 AM
"As steel is tempered by th' flames o' tha' forge, so ahm I by th' tribulations o' battle!" Altarik shouted out, raising his shield and drawing his hammer. He seemed unphased by the arrow bolted between the plates of his steel shell, and raised his hammer high, charging toward [goblin 3]. The holy symbol emblazoned on its sides ignited in radiant light, and the fires of Marlord's forge burst near his quarry as he approached.

DC 13 dex save to avoid [roll0] fire damage.

Dwarf Cleric to J5

niks97cobra
2014-07-15, 02:48 AM
Anubis Dread
They did not beat anything. They did not gain advantage by surprise. As I put in the big 16, I would not be using initiative. Initiative would be by side, either players first or npcs/monsters. In this case, I determined they go first because they attacked once you became aware of them.

Sartharina
From now on, I'll make sure to put modifiers so you can roll for the npc/monsters save, that way others know the outcome. The modifier is
0, so you may roll if you would like. Also note that G3-G5 were killed already.

Sartharina
2014-07-15, 03:15 AM
EDITING SAVE!

After making his pronouncement Altarik moved to the front of the party to stare down the goblin warlord, swinging his hammer as its holy symbol blazed - and pointing it in the general direction of the goblin to his left with the flame of Marlord's forge - who comically managed to step back from the gout of flame with nothing more than perhaps a light singeing

Oh... In that case, Altarik moves up to F9, and targets Goblin 1, who... against DC 13

-stupid half-decent roll!

redfeline
2014-07-15, 11:30 AM
Therhana watches as a arrow strikes into Bor. Cleric! Stepping next to the wizard, Therhana raises her shield and draws her weapon. Stay by me and I'll protect you from harm best I am able. Therhana moves with Bor protecting him with her shield.

Grant disadvantage to adjacent attackers.

niks97cobra
2014-07-15, 02:46 PM
Round 2: Post Rounds
Seeing Altarik move towards their leader, the goblins target him, two of the arrows finding their mark.

Map
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/GoblinMap2.png

Characters
Altarik: HP 14, 12 taken

Goblins
Goblin Leader: AC 15, Dex +1, HP 18
Goblins 1-2: AC 13, Dex +0, HP 3

Redfeline
Your protection is a reaction and will be granted next turn since you had to move to get to the wizard. You may still make a ranged attack for round one. I thought that was your action, but after double checking the rules, it is not an action. You made a move only.

Inevitability
2014-07-15, 03:42 PM
"DIE, you goblins!"

After his barrage of force, Bor feels slightly exhausted (something that may also be caused by the arrow wounds in his body). However, he still stands with a furiocity matched by few, and fires a flaming orb at one of the remaining goblins, who is engulfed in fire. Two seconds later, its mutilated body falls to the ground, dead, with burns all over.

Fire bolt at G2: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Anubis Dread
2014-07-15, 10:32 PM
"Nice and subtle human. I wonder if you bring the same 'enthusiasm' to the rest of your life?l 'COOK, you beans!' 'FALL, you rain!'" Dariel quipped wryly, before launching a shot at one of the few remaining combatants.

[roll0] to hit.
[roll1] damage.

redfeline
2014-07-16, 12:08 AM
Therhana stays ready by Bor. You ever have to pull an arrow out before? It isn't fun. But with luck we can get you drunk before we burn it shut it. Therhana may be talking but she readies an action to charge the leader as soon as he is engaged in melee.

Inevitability
2014-07-16, 01:06 AM
"You arrogant..."

Bor wonders for a short moment how to react, then decides that he still hates goblins more than this rude elf and focuses on the battle around him. He'd teach that elf some manners when the time was right.

Sartharina
2014-07-16, 02:06 AM
Taking the two arrows through his shield and armor, Altarik grunted and moved toward the Goblin leader. With a prayer to Marlord, he bashed his hammer against his chainmail three times, and on the third strike, the arrows popped out, and the break in the armor blazed with light before sealing shut.

Dwarf Cleric to B9, but stopping halfway to cast Cure Wounds on self.

[roll0] HP restored.

niks97cobra
2014-07-16, 09:58 AM
Round 3: Post Rounds
The remaining goblin didn't become a leader because he is a simple fool. The goblin disengages and takes off running.

Range to goblin leader
Altarik: 30 feet
Dariel: 60 feet
Bor/Therhana: 70 feet

Characters
Altarik: HP 14, 1 taken

Goblins
Goblin Leader: AC 15, Dex +1, HP 18

Inevitability
2014-07-16, 10:52 AM
"Don't let that goblin escape! Chase him!"

Bor's command is accompanied by another bolt of fire, aimed at the sole remaining goblin. The firey projectile connects, burning the goblin's arm. It is by far not enough to actually stop it, much less kill it, though.

Attack: [roll0]
Fire damage: [roll1]

redfeline
2014-07-16, 12:18 PM
Therhana drops her shield and pulls out her short bow. She moves as far forward as she can. The goblin can run but it won't be out of range in the next 12 seconds.

This won't resolve for two rounds but I won't be home til late. roll for attack [roll0] roll for damage [roll1] roll for disadvantage if goblin is between 80 and 320ft. [roll2]

Anubis Dread
2014-07-16, 12:27 PM
"He's trying to run from an elf? That's hilarious!" he laughed out loud, before shooting off another arrow. The warrior then runs forward as fast as he could, making sure to keep the goblin in range.

Attack Roll - [roll0]
Damage Roll = [roll1]
Moving forward 35 feet

EDIT: If these were physical dice I would probably burn them at this point. :smalltongue:

Sartharina
2014-07-16, 12:58 PM
Back to his full vitality, Altarik moved toward the goblin at a full dash, keeping his shield and hammer ready as he moved around and cut off the retreating leader's escape, to heard him back to the party.

Dwarf moving 25 feet to catch up, then dashing around in his threatened space to cut him off. Any attempt to withdraw will either not get him out of Altarik's threatened space, send him back to the party, or leave him within Move+Attack range of Altarik next round.

niks97cobra
2014-07-16, 02:59 PM
Round 4: Post Rounds

Seeing that he is caught, the goblin tosses down his bow and holds his hands up, showing that he is not going after his shortsword. "I surrender," he hisses.

Characters
Altarik: HP 14, 1 taken

Goblins
Goblin Leader: AC 15, Dex +1, HP 7

Sartharina
2014-07-16, 03:13 PM
"Then may the gods be merciful on your soul, brigand!" Altarik pronounced, bringing his hammer down on the goblin leader. Or at least trying to. No mercy from this dwarf to the Goblin, even if he flubbed.

Attacking the Goblin. [roll0] [roll1] [/spoiler]

niks97cobra
2014-07-16, 03:29 PM
The goblin, seeing that surrendering was a bad idea, pulls his shortsword out and swings back at the dwarf, missing him.

Inevitability
2014-07-16, 03:37 PM
"No mercy for the wicked, goblin! May you burn in the deepest pits of hell!"

Yet another flaming projectile is launched at the goblin. However, Bor's wounds finally get the better of him, and a jolt of pain causes him to lurch to the side, making the attack miss.

Anubis Dread
2014-07-16, 04:27 PM
"Oh thank Corellon. If I had to pretend I wasn't going to murder this bugger in his sleep if we took him prisoner I'd go nuts," Dariel sighed in relief. Not wanting to mess about in melee when it was getting a little bit crowded, he instead launched yet another shot.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

redfeline
2014-07-17, 01:12 AM
Ss.. Stop it! Thi... thi.. thiss isn't right! Seeing as her words are too late, Therhana changes her tactics. Onn... onnly knock him out. Tae... tae... take his weapons, and leave him be. Therhana moves up into range. She won't abandon her allies, but she saw no reason to pick on a fallen foe.

niks97cobra
2014-07-17, 02:01 AM
Round 5: Post Rounds
The goblin, near death, makes one last ditch effort, getting a small slice on Altarik from his short sword.

Characters
Altarik: HP 14, 4 taken

Goblins
Goblin Leader: AC 15, Dex +1, HP 2

Sartharina
2014-07-17, 02:13 AM
"Y'face yer death with honor, goblin!" Altarik intoned as the shortsword found its way past his shield and through his armor, and he retaliated, continuing the battle. He would have to wait until after this battle was over to address the other dwarf's concerns.

Attacking again [roll0] [roll1]

Inevitability
2014-07-17, 02:53 AM
"Only knocking him out? You have to be kidding. Little bugger here's going to find some new weapons and start ambushing poor folk again. No, it's for the best if we kill him here and now." Bor speaks in response to Therhana. He hates to admit it, but he agrees with that impudent elf.

"The only good goblin... is a horribly burned goblin! Eat this, miserable creature!"

With these words, Bor shoots a jet of flame at the goblin, killing it.

Attack roll: [roll0]

redfeline
2014-07-17, 11:03 AM
Therhana frowns. That wasn't right. The creature surrendered, attacking it wasn't the right choice, just the easy choice.

She frowns and goes back to check on the other goblins. The creatures were evil and attacked us unprovoked it was self defense. The last one surrendered, we attacked, and it was his self defense. The situation reversed in a manner Therhana didn't like.

She searches the body of the first goblin. [roll0] After she drags the body the the middle of the glade and goes to the next goblin repeating the process.

Dead is dead. Lets move on.

Inevitability
2014-07-17, 12:04 PM
With the goblins down, Bor suddenly felt a sharp pain where the arrow hit. He groaned, trying to do something about it. While he rummaged in his pack, looking for bandages, the wizard called out:

"Does any of you have anything to help with my wounds? I'd rather not venture into a cave in this state."

Anubis Dread
2014-07-17, 12:15 PM
This entire battle had been one big irritation. First he'd allowed the goblins to surround them. Then it took far longer to exterminate a few vermin than it should have. And one of his companions even thought it would have been better to keep a goblin as a pet rather than just put it down as was good and proper. He hoped things would go better when they got to the cave itself.

"Those things must have been waiting in ambush for a while. I wonder if they knew we were coming, or if they just didn't have anything better to do. Being dirt-blooded goblins and all..." The best way to answer that question would be to examine the area... see if he could find where their tracks came from, and how old. Odds are they'd just be coming from the cave, but you never knew.

Survival Roll - [roll0]

Sartharina
2014-07-17, 04:42 PM
Altarik aided Therhana in moving and searching the goblin's bodies, although he did so in a manner as respectful to the deceased as possible, and laid them in a formation with the leader at the center, and a single coin on each goblin's sternum, straightening the bodies out and crossing the arms over the chests (After removing the arrows). "Nay, lass - Death isn't the end. Though th'body may die, th'spirit endures forever. They fought valiantly, not retreating while their brethren lived. Their leader had the wisdom to surrender when his cause was lost, but still faced his death with courage," the cleric explained. "I understand you're a soldier - but know that he was neither soldier fighting for another's transient cause, nor civilian under our laws. Maybe brigand, maybe hero - but his life and choices were his own, as a predator of travelers, or perhaps guardian of this area. T' take him prisoner would be to deprive him of his duty, and to let him free would conflict with ours. Unless you believe he could have been trustworthy enough to join our mission?"

redfeline
2014-07-17, 07:38 PM
Therhana turns and walks away from the impromptu funeral What ever. I would like to reach the caves soon. If we have to camp tonight we can't have a fire. Cold meals are never nice. So hurry.

niks97cobra
2014-07-18, 12:29 AM
Therhana
You find a total of 24 silver between the goblins. Other than their shortswords, and short bows, they have nothing else of value.

Dariel
The goblins seem to have came from the northeast, not the direction in which you are traveling.

Inevitability
2014-07-18, 01:11 AM
"Don't tell me that you're giving a speech for those goblins. They don't deserve one, much less a honorable burial. Only those with honor deserve honor, a wise man once said."

After spitting in the general direction of the goblins (though out of sight of Altarik), Bor searches in his pack some more and finds a few bandages. With a sharp jolt of pain, the wizard pulls out the arrow, applies a bandage and then repeats the procedure after a short break. It is clear this is not his first time treating wounds.

Hit Die: [roll0]

niks97cobra
2014-07-18, 01:28 AM
Characters
Bor: HP 8, 2 taken

Anubis Dread
2014-07-18, 09:42 AM
Hm, interesting...

"Seems these goblins didn't come from the cave," Dariel noted finally as he observed the soft imprint of their footprints in the earth. "They came from further North... on the one hand, it means the cave isn't going to be infested with green skinned buggers. On the other hand, it means that for some reason goblins are taking an interest in this path despite not living in the cave we're heading to."

Inevitability
2014-07-18, 10:26 AM
For a moment, Bor was at a loss. Should they follow the goblins' tracks? Or just do what they were told? His sense of discipline took over, and the wizard decided to take the last option.

"No matter where these goblins are from, we have a job to do. Those goblins may have been hired by someone to protect this path, or just saw it as a nice place to wait for people to ambush; we don't know.

No matter why they were here, however, there are things we should do first. Once we have completed our mission, we should check out the goblins' village or cave or whatever. Until then, let's try to focus."

Anubis Dread
2014-07-18, 12:11 PM
"Not that I don't agree that messing around with green skins is a waste of time, but you seem to be forgetting the key part of our mission. Maining pissing off a giant lizard," Dariel noted wryly. "I am not sticking around once we pull this off to get my ass fried off. 'Coming back later' isn't an option - it's follow them now, or not at all. Personally I'm for not at all, but I wouldn't mind killing a few more of the buggers."

Inevitability
2014-07-18, 03:33 PM
"We are still miles away from the backdoor of that dragon's lair. Even if it discovers that something was stolen, it isn't going to attack the first adventuring party it sees. In fact, it may even assault the goblins. Goblins are known as thieves, aren't they?

My point still stands. First we finish the mission, then we do other stuff."

niks97cobra
2014-07-18, 07:46 PM
Leaving the site of the goblin battle, you travel for about an hour. As you travel, the altitude continues to get higher and higher and the mountain peaks in the distance get closer. You easily find the location of the cave entrance, thanks to the map. The entrance is tucked between in the side of the mountains that are forming. A quick look around shows little signs of anyone entering the cave but you there is a fairly worn path that skirts the base of the mountain outside the cave. A quick glance, it is most likely a game trail used by local goblinoids or by the minions of the red dragon, which you know, typically have a small group of either kobold, dragonborn, orc or some mix of minions doing its bidding outside of the layer.

Inspiration:
I believe you have all earned inspiration. The rp has been very good. As it is with a new edition, we are all getting to know it. I probably should have been handing it out sooner, and I'll try to stay on top of that... but for now, you each get it. BTW, if anyone ever has anything they need to address about the game, feel free to PM or ask on here.. especially if I have missed something. I had forgotten completely about inspiration until I was reading the starter set today.

Entering the cave
I will keep the marching order as it was in the last combat until anyone objects. I will post what happens entering the cave later tomorrow unless everyone posts before then. If you need to make preparations, please do so now. Otherwise decide what to do when entering and inside the cave.

Inevitability
2014-07-19, 12:32 AM
Still feeling the pain of his wounds, Bor suggests another marching order.

"Maybe Therhana could walk in front, Dariel and me behind her and Altarik to the back? That way, we have those of us who are less strong in melee protected by those who are."

Anubis Dread
2014-07-19, 08:23 AM
"So long as I have something between me and whatever is lurking in that cave waiting for us, I'm good," Dariel replied in agreement to the plan.

redfeline
2014-07-19, 12:46 PM
Therhana nods her agreement. She adjusts her shield some and checks her grip on the hammer. Just stay close.

niks97cobra
2014-07-20, 01:00 AM
You enter the cave and follow the tunnel around as shown on the map. You come around to a bend to see an owlbear munching on the bones of a cave rat. It glares at you as it throws the bone down and lets out a shriek and moves towards the group.

Round 1: Post your Rounds

Owlbear

AC 13
Dex +1
HP: 59

Characters

Map
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/owlbear2.png

Inevitability
2014-07-20, 06:50 AM
"Crap. Okay, what do we do? Does anyone has food we can use to distract it?"

Awaiting his companions' reactions, Bor already prepares to cast a spell.

Ready to cast Fire Bolt on the owbear if one of my allies attacks it or it attacks us.

Fire damage: [roll1]

Anubis Dread
2014-07-20, 10:19 AM
"It already has good - it's just defending its territory," Dariel replied, drawing out his crossbow and leveling it... before pausing. The human was trying to resolve this without violence. Which made sense, since it was just an animal. As an elf he was far better equipped for this situation. As much as just killing the thing and moving on would be easier, it was a chance to show his superiority.

Lowering his weapon and making himself look as nonthreatening as possible, Dariel held out a hand as if to say 'we mean no harm'. "Easy you big feathered bugger, we're just migrating. We aren't going to take any prey. Hell you'll probably have more prey in here with all the rotting bodies attracting more rats for you to chow down on."

Survival to change the Owlbear's disposition - [roll0]

EDIT: "Granted one of us will probably come back to kill you just to get your pelt or something. But hey, that's in the future, who gives a bugger all right now. Then again, you're also kind of ugly. They may not even want your pelt."

redfeline
2014-07-20, 11:28 AM
Therhana adjusts the haft of her hammer in her hand. Feeling the weight of her shield on her arm comforts her. Per ... perhaps we should back around. If he can't see us he may leave us be.

Inevitability
2014-07-20, 12:19 PM
Bor strains his mind, trying to think of anything he once may have heard about Owlbears.

Nature: [roll0]

niks97cobra
2014-07-21, 01:18 AM
The owlbear charges towards the group, its beak snapping angrily at being bothered with its kill. (Owlbear makes it to J11 on its move).

Bor Nature check
The owlbear's reputation for ferocity, stubbornness and sheer ill temper makes it one of the most feared predators, with this in mind the owlbear begins to charge (it takes its move action towards, and is now at J11)

Dariel
You have no luck changing its disposition.

Sartharina
2014-07-21, 01:31 AM
"T'late for that lass!" Altarik grumbled, moving from the rear to take up the front line with Therhana, hammer and shield at the ready to help defend against the Owlbear, while giving Bor and Dariel a clear shot at the charging beast. (Dwarf Cleric to... adjacent to Dwarf Fighter. Being short keeps us from providing cover to the bear!)

redfeline
2014-07-21, 10:45 AM
Therhana readies herself to smack the bear upside the head when it comes into range.

Anubis Dread
2014-07-21, 12:21 PM
Dariel on the other hand didn't need to wait. Drawing out his crossbow, he levelled it at the best before letting off a bolt. "Screw it, I'll be the one to skin your pelt off with those kinds of manners," he muttered to himself. "It'd make a nice cloak. Feathers at the top, fur down the bottom..."

Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
If Crit - [roll2]

Inevitability
2014-07-21, 12:38 PM
"We'll be killing it then. No problem."

As he sees that the battle is on, Bor fires the spell he's been holding back. The ray of fire flies through the air and hits the Owlbear. Bor is careful to aim at the beast's paws or beak, trying not to ruin its pelt.

As Dariel attacks the Owlbear, I am using my readied action. Numbers have already been posted a few posts back.

niks97cobra
2014-07-21, 06:20 PM
The owlbear continues its charge forward (ending at J7).

Round 2: Post your rounds (and some for round 1 still.)

Owlbear

AC 13
Dex +1
HP: 44

Characters

Altarik and Therhana
You can make your actions for both round 1 and round 2. From now on, to keep the pace of the game up, please post die rolls for any readied actions Bor did.

redfeline
2014-07-21, 09:56 PM
I thought about posting my actions after I hit post. Sorry

Therhana raises her shield as the owl bear charges forward, and crashes her hammer into the side of its face. She quickly brings the hammer back in a second strike on the avian mammal.

Ready Attack[roll0] damage [roll1]
Second round Attack[roll2] damage [roll3]

Sartharina
2014-07-21, 11:01 PM
After he had moved into position, Altarik raised his hammer, and brought down holy fire upon the owlbear. Sacred Flame [roll0]+Owlbear reflex vs. DC 13. [roll1]

However, once the beast was in range, the Dwarf brought his hammer of dwarfliness to bear against the owlbear alongside Therhana's blow. Melee attack. [roll2] [roll3]

Anubis Dread
2014-07-22, 12:25 AM
A beast like this wasn't worth any extra effort. Dariel simple reloaded his crossbow, before firing off another bolt at the thing.

[roll0]
On Crit Add: [roll2]

Inevitability
2014-07-22, 01:07 AM
Bor intones a simple arcane formula, and once again a spray of darts of force flies at his foe. Instead of spreading out like they did last fight, the missilies merge into a bigger one, which flies straight at the owlbear.

I am casting Magic Missile. The owlbear is (quite obviously) my only target so it takes the full [roll0] force damage.

niks97cobra
2014-07-22, 03:43 AM
The owlbear comes crashing to a stop at the feet of the group before it can even defend its cave rat dinner.

Inevitability
2014-07-22, 04:19 AM
"I expected that thing to put up more of a fight." Bor contemptuously states. "Maybe we should take its pelt along? Owlbear pelts ought to fetch a nice prize. Does anyone have a knife we can use to get the hide off?"

Waiting for the others to do something, Bor sits down and tries to regain some of the arcane energy he lost during the battle.

Arcane Recovery, to regain a single 1st-level spell slot.

redfeline
2014-07-22, 11:45 AM
Does any one recall how long the red will be busy? Therhana pulls out a knife. Some of us look like they could use a rest, but I'd rather not commit the time if the red is soon expected to return.

Anubis Dread
2014-07-22, 12:10 PM
"If we don't rest some of the more fragile of us might outright collapse," Dariel noted wryly. "Which would be fine if it didn't leave a nice trail of breadcrumbs for the red to follow when it does get back. Seems like we don't have a choice but to rest."

An hours rest would give him some time to skin the thing... selling it though would mean he wouldn't be able to use the ungrateful sod as a cloak.

niks97cobra
2014-07-22, 03:22 PM
Your short rest goes by rather uneventful. The owlbear skins easily enough. Moving along through cave you come to the second area that is marked on the map. As you approach the marked off area, you see several small, twig like trees up root and run towards the north passage. You can hear a waterfall in the same direction, and above the sound of the waterfall, you can hear screaming. You hear things like, 'Stop!' 'Just kill me!' and the like. You believe whatever is making this sound to be a goblin.

Map repost

Characters

redfeline
2014-07-22, 03:29 PM
Therhana turns to the more studious party members and whispers. Did those twigs just move on there own?

Anubis Dread
2014-07-22, 03:34 PM
"Yep," Dariel replied flatly, raising his crossbow and taking a pot shot at one of the things.

"...what? If they're going somewhere it's likely to get some reinforcements, and I don't want to deal with a bloody evil treant or some hell like that."

Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
On Crit - [roll2]

niks97cobra
2014-07-22, 03:39 PM
The twigs disappear around the corner before your shot reaches them. They scurried up the north passage, out of view.

Inevitability
2014-07-22, 03:42 PM
"Why destroy those trees? After all, the thing they're eating is only a mere goblin. Let them flee and satiate themselves, then we can pass without any issues."

Bor tries to think of anything that may be found here underground that matches the few things he already knowns about these plants or screams.

Nature: [roll0]
Arcana: [roll1]
History: [roll2]

niks97cobra
2014-07-22, 04:04 PM
After a few moments, the screams seem to disappear, or at least quiet down. You can only hear the falling water now.

Bor
You believe them to be twig blights, usually these creatures have animated by some magical means.

redfeline
2014-07-23, 01:49 AM
Therhana takes a deep breath and turns to the spell casters If it comes to a fight, what sort of condition do you feel your in?

Inevitability
2014-07-23, 03:52 AM
"These things are Twig Blights. They are plants animated by evil magic. I wonder who animated these..."

Realizing that someone's asking him a question, Bor turns to Therhana.

"I feel good enough to take on a few more monsters. Don't worry about me."

Sartharina
2014-07-24, 12:25 AM
"Ah dinnae trust enemies at ahr backs.... but mebe w'can continue further anyway." Altarik waffled on the subject of the blight twigs. "... if we see 'em again, we destroy 'em all."

Inevitability
2014-07-24, 12:42 AM
"I say we let one of us scout forward, in order to get some idea of how many of these plants there are. Anyone here good at sneaking?

Anubis Dread
2014-07-24, 10:01 AM
"Yo," Dariel replied bluntly, raising a hand before lowering it back down to rest on his crossbow. "It would be a good idea to leave those of us with lead feet behind for now. Besides, I really want to know what's making that beautiful music with that green skin," he went on with a dry chuckle.

Being in good condition already, Dariel saw no reason to delay. Crouching down, he snuck over to the other side of the cave as well he could, before peeking through the passageway the things had gone down. The north passage.

[roll0] for Stealth. Passive Perception of 15 should be good enough for anything down there.

niks97cobra
2014-07-24, 03:49 PM
Dariel
You could only make it about half way down the north passage before you thought it best to stop due to the noise you were making. The twig blights have moved off to the side out of your vision but farther ahead you see a goblin firmly attached to the cavern wall by a crude combination of chains and nails. He is wimpering uncontrollably.

Anubis Dread
2014-07-24, 04:02 PM
A chained up goblin? Intriguing... well the thing had to die. That went without saying, it was a bloody green skin of all things. But the fact it was tied up in such a gruesome manor raised all sorts of alarm bells. There had to be something that hated the blighters as much as they did, but he doubted that they were friendly.

Whether he wanted more information or to off the first thing he had to do was get closer... but with the twigs being who knows where it would be dangerous to go any further without a meat wall. The elf cursed under his breath. If they ended up saving the bloody thing he'd spill more than just its blood. For now though he didn't have much of a choice - he retreated to rejoin his comrades.

Returning from his scouting, the elf shrugged as he entered back into the cavern with his so colled companions. "There's a crucified goblin up ahead, but I lost sight of the walking wood chips. Seems like we should probably beat a bit of information out of him before putting him out of his misery - you'll see for yourselves if we go down the passage, but whoever did that to him is really messed up. And not in the food way."

redfeline
2014-07-24, 04:44 PM
Therhana raised an eyebrow Not in a food way? I assume you mean the goblin isn't food for something.

Anubis Dread
2014-07-24, 04:47 PM
"...sure, let's go with that," the elf replied. How the hell had he managed to slur that badly?! Or maybe their ears were plugged. Not like they were pointed or anything. They probably didn't get proper ventilation in there when they were all round and plump like that. "Whatever the case, I'm guessing we'll need the full team. Either there were enough critters to restrain the goblin while they pounded metal into him, or one big thing strong enough to do it all at once. Either way it might get bloody."

niks97cobra
2014-07-24, 11:40 PM
Plan of action?

Inevitability
2014-07-25, 12:45 AM
"Good. We'll have to be careful. Maybe they are using the goblin as bait to lay an ambush. Everyone, stay alert."

Paying attention to everything that may be dangerous, Bor carefully continues down the passage.

Perception: [roll0]

I think we should be walking in the same marching order. Anyone who doesn't agree?

redfeline
2014-07-25, 10:20 PM
Therhana adjusts her shield on her arm and grips her hammer tightly. She moves as quietly as scale-mail allows.

[roll0] [roll1] take lowest.

Anubis Dread
2014-07-25, 11:34 PM
"If it's an ambush it's a piss poor one. Not because it won't work, but because we could kick the ass of anything that could be waiting in ambush," Dariel noted, stepping in line and heading down North with the others. With the lead feet back with them there was no reason to even pretend to be stealthy. Whoever was up ahead would know they were coming, and they would end them when they came for them.

Sartharina
2014-07-26, 02:41 PM
"Don't get cocky, tracker. The goblins may have not known what hit them - but a more skilled foe can slay us before we ever saw them," Altarik cautioned Dariel.

He tried moving as quietly as he could, taking up the rear in the march down the cavern. [roll0][roll1] CLANK CLANK CLANK

niks97cobra
2014-07-26, 02:45 PM
Round 1: Post Rounds
The passage opens up into a larger cavern, with a pool of water. Water falls from an opening in to the center. From out of no where, a group of twig blights attack the group, striking Therhana. A nothic glares at the group and lets out a piercing scream.

Characters
Therhana: HP 14, 4 taken

Enemies
Twig Blights
AC:13
Dex +1
HP:4

Nothic
AC: 15
Dex +3
HP: 45

Map
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/Cave1.png

Anubis Dread
2014-07-26, 03:16 PM
"See, what did I tell you? A bloody evil treant!" Dariel cursed, beginning to draw out his crossbow... before cursing again. He wanted to take a pot shot at the big one, but the little things would block his damned shot. He had to get some room to maneuver first.

Drawing out his scimitars, the elf slashed at the minions closest to him. He could take them out in one shot, all he needed were for the things to stop moving for two seconds so he could hit properly...

Attack roll against B1: [roll0]
Damage roll against B1: [roll1]

Attack roll against B2 (TWF): [roll2]
Damage roll against B2 (TWF - no damage mod): [roll3]

redfeline
2014-07-26, 04:48 PM
Therhana is attacked by a very alive twig. The blows aren't much but still painful.

at b6
[roll0]
[roll1]

The twig snapped with a very satisfying crunch under the weight of the hammer.

Sartharina
2014-07-26, 05:52 PM
After Therhanna and Dariel cleared out the closest Twig Blights, Altarik moved forward to the front, standing beside Therhanna and striking out at the last Twig Blight on their side of the pool.

Attack: [roll0] [roll1]

Inevitability
2014-07-26, 11:53 PM
The sudden ambush took Bor by surprise, but as he saw his allies mop up the Twig Blights, he couldn't remain behind. Pointing at the Twig Blight Altarik failed to kill, Bor sends another blast of fire at his target. However, the Twig Blights being so close to them prove to be distracting enough for the spell to miss, harmlessly ending in the lake.

It is then that Bor notices the strange monster in the back. He knowns it is a Nothic, but he doesn't immediately know what kind of creature it is. Bor takes a moment to think about it.

I am not sure what check I should make, so:

Arcana: [roll2]
Nature: [roll3]
Religion: [roll4]
History: [roll5]

niks97cobra
2014-07-27, 02:11 AM
The twig blights continue their twiggy attacks on Therhana. one poking her with its stick. The nothic continues to try and get in the your minds but fails to succeed.

Nothic
I tried putting an image in but for some reason it won't work, google nothic for an image.

Nothics were once wizards who dared to unlock magical secrets they couldn't fathom. Though gifted with strange cosmic insight that allows them to extract knowledge from other creatures, nothics are no longer the wizards they once were and have no memories of their previous lives.

Characters
Therhana: HP 14, 8 taken

Enemies
Twig Blights
AC:13
Dex +1
HP:4

Nothic
Dex +3
HP: 45

Map
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/Cave2.png

Sartharina
2014-07-27, 02:26 AM
Altarik moved to attack the last twig blight within his reach with his hammer, and, after crushing it, moved toward the Nothic menacingly.
Attack:[roll0][roll1]

Inevitability
2014-07-27, 05:33 AM
Bor carefully moves into a better position, and makes one of the remaining Twig Blights combust into flames with another bolt of fire. He then moves after Alatrik, but not before shouting a few commands to his allies.

"Everyone, pay attention to that monster over there; it can read your thoughts! We have to be careful, it may be a spy for someone!"

First, I move 10 ft. towards 11Q (assuming Altarik killed B5)

I then Fire Bolt B4.

Next, I move to O12.

Anubis Dread
2014-07-27, 01:03 PM
He didn't have time to mess around with these damn twigs anymore. If that thing was attacking their minds, he needed to kill it. His mind was private, damn it!

"Take a free swing woodchip, you earned it," Dariel muttered as he stepped away from the only twig blight engaging him to a space where he could get a good shot off. Dropping his scimitars and raising his crossbow, he takes a shot at the true enemy.

Attack vs Nothic: [roll0]
Damage vs Nothic: [roll1]
On Crit add: [roll2]

redfeline
2014-07-27, 04:07 PM
last twig
[roll0]
[roll1]

Despite her best efforts Therhana takes another hit, however her allies destroy the twigs friends, and Therhana brings down her hammer in a heavy swing destroying the last wooden foe.

niks97cobra
2014-07-28, 12:26 AM
The nothic lets out a loud screech and its gaze pierces into Bor, making him feel as if his head is dying. Bor collapses on the ground.

Characters
Bor: HP 8, 10 taken

Enemies

Nothic
Dex +3
HP: 35

Map
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/cave3.png

Anubis Dread
2014-07-28, 02:14 AM
"Weakling," Dariel cursed under his breath, loading another bolt before shooting it at their enemy.

Damage roll: [roll1]
On Crit add: [roll2]

redfeline
2014-07-28, 11:59 AM
Dang it! Therhana let out the unimpressive curse and charged the last remaining enemy.

[roll0] -2 if charging no longer grants a plus 2.
Damage [roll1]

Sartharina
2014-07-28, 02:08 PM
As Altarik continued his charge toward the beast, he looked back and called forth a word of healing to stand the fallen mage. "RISE UP AND STRIKE THEM DOWN!" he bellowed, and turned back to whack the beast with his hammer.
Bonus: Word of Healing on Bor. [roll0]
Attacking! [roll1] [roll2]

Inevitability
2014-07-29, 12:48 AM
Bor, still lying, opens his eyes to see that his enemy is near dead. The wizard blinks, groans as he feels the burning pain still lingering in his head, and the with a flick of his wrist, a spray of missiles smashes into the creature. It falls down, dead.

Bor calmly stands up, and, somewhat annoyed, speaks to Darien:

"Now who's the weakling again?"

Magic Missile time! I have no slots left for today.

As could be expected, all darts are directed at the Nothic.

Damage: [roll0]

EDIT: Of course, when it doesn't matter anymore, I suddenly start rolling high.

niks97cobra
2014-07-29, 02:33 AM
The goblin sits whimpering chained up in the corner. Now that the battle is over, you notice three other skeletons, all most likely goblins. One still clutching a staff.

Characters
Bor: HP 8

Inevitability
2014-07-29, 05:49 AM
Bor walks over to the skeletons, completely ignoring the goblin. He then picks up the staff (having put his own away) and starts studying it.

Anubis Dread
2014-07-29, 01:58 PM
"I'd say the one who had to take a nap mid battle," the elf replied wryly. There seemed to be some treasure in here, but treasure didn't really interest him. It was a nice little bonus, but there was something more important right now.

Walking over to the goblin, Dariel reloaded his crossbow before placing it to the creature's forehead. "If you speak common, now would be a good time to do so," he threatened, keeping his finger on the trigger.

Intimidation: [roll0]

Inevitability
2014-07-29, 03:56 PM
Bor slowly starts getting angry. That elf had done nothing but making rude remarks and occasionally firing a crossbow since the mission started, and now he started acting like he was the greatest being in the universe?

With a mumbled curse, Bor drops the staff and walks over to Dariel. He points at Dariel, a small flame on top of his finger reminding the elf of what he is capable of.

"I am getting sick of you, miserable pointy-eared whiner. Since you first opened your stinking pie-hole, nothing but insults and meaningless blather has come out of it. Either you shut up NOW, or you may suddenly find that the upper half of your body is on fire next time you wake up. Am I making myself clear?"

Prestidigitation will take care of the flame on top of my finger.

Also, Intimidate: [roll0]

Anubis Dread
2014-07-29, 04:03 PM
"I wasn't talking. I was waiting for our new friend here to do so," the elf replied bluntly, not even turning to look at the human as he levelled his gaze at the goblin in front of him. "Besides, say what you want about my attitude, I haven't been the one making death threats to my companions," he went on dryly.

niks97cobra
2014-07-29, 08:22 PM
The goblin looks at Dariel and stammers, "Uhh... I would watch out."

The skeletons have suddenly animated and are on top of the bickering couple. One of the skeletons slashes Dariel with its razor sharp claws.

"Cut me down, I can help!" squeals the goblin.

Bor
You could tell the staff was magical.

Characters
Dariel: HP 12, 10 taken

Skeletons
AC: 13
HP S1: 12
HP S2: 17
HP S3: 14
Dex: +2

Goblin
HP: 12 8
Dex: 2

Map
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/GoblinSkeleton1.png

redfeline
2014-07-29, 11:10 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

With out missing a beat Therhana moves 20 feet and swings at the nearest skeleton. She did miss the skeleton however.

Inevitability
2014-07-30, 12:13 AM
Bor almost looked delighted when the skeletons appeared. He still was angry with the elf, but at least he'd now some way to release it. He quickly looks to his side and sees Dariel being clawed.

"Okay, how about we fight first, then continue our friendly chat? I'll take care of that one to the right.

And you goblin, I don't trust you enough to set you free. You're just as likely to put a knife in our backs and run away as you are to actually fight the skeletons."

With these words, Bor turns to the undead in front of him and grabs it, his hand crackling with electricity. Unfortunately, he trips over a bone lying on the ground and can barely remain standing.

Shocking Grasp: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]. The skeleton also can't take reactions until the end of its next turn.

Anubis Dread
2014-07-30, 09:13 AM
"Trust me, I'm going to make these things into bloody bone meal before doing ANYTHING else," Dariel agreed, his voice heavy with anger. Freaking OW! Bloody skeletons and their stupid claws, ambushing them like this...

Thankful he didn't have to argue against letting their prisoner go, the elf dropped his crossbow and drew his scimitars, before slashing at the enemy that had hit him in retribution. He was getting his stamina back, but even so another hit like that could knock him down. Which wouldn't be too bad if he wasn't representing the entire elven race in front of humans, dwarves and even a green skin. Plus he'd look like a jack mule if he got knocked down after scolding his comrade for it just a few moments ago.

First Attack: [roll0]
Second: [roll1]
First Damage: [roll2]
Second Damage: [roll3]
On Crit add: [roll4]
If two crits also add: [roll5]

Second Wind: [roll6]

Sartharina
2014-07-30, 03:23 PM
Altarik moved as quickly as a dwarf could, "And on the third day, they rose again, to be shattered back to ashes!" he shouted, bringing his hammer down on one of the skeletons near Dariel.

Hopefully we can get through without anyone else getting hurt, since I am out of healing!

Attack+damage [roll0], [roll1], probably double-damage for being Blunt

niks97cobra
2014-07-30, 05:48 PM
The remaining mindlessly swings its claws, so mindlessly, you cannot tell if it was for one of the group, the goblin, or itself.

"Huh, well I guess I'll just, hang around," at least the goblin was still in good humor.

Characters

Skeletons
AC: 13
HP S2: 17
Dex: +2

Goblin
HP: 12 8
Dex: 2

Note and level 2:
I don't believe a map is needed, I'm pretty sure this last skeleton will go down fairly quickly. Bludgeoning does indeed do double damage to skeletons.

Also, you all may take a short rest to level to 2nd level. Max HP for second level. Please update your character sheets and make new posts containing them in the OOC thread. If everyone could try and get mythweavers, that would be easy on me, but definitely not requiring it.

Anubis Dread
2014-07-30, 06:12 PM
Ignoring the green skin on the basis of needing the undead dead before slitting the thing's throat, Dariel moved over and attacked it with his blades. In such close quaters shooting wasn't ideal.

First Attack: [roll0]
Second AttacK: [roll1]
First Damage: [roll2]
Second Damage: [roll3]
On Crit Add: [roll4] [roll5]

niks97cobra
2014-07-30, 06:32 PM
Damage adjustment for Dariel:
That second attack shouldn't get the +3, only 4 damage dealt to skeleton.

redfeline
2014-07-30, 10:11 PM
[roll0] second wind
[roll1] attack s2
[roll2]damage

Therhana catches her second wind and attacks with much better accuracy but still a poor hit. Although same even a poor hammer hit can break bones.

niks97cobra
2014-07-30, 11:39 PM
Skeleton is near death. (3 hp)

Sartharina
2014-07-30, 11:57 PM
Altarik moves to try and finish off the skeleton with his hammer.[roll0][roll1] Shattering it, he turns and addresses the rest of the party. "We mustn't tarry retrieving the artifact. Time before our master's diversion with our prey is not unlimited!

Inevitability
2014-07-31, 12:33 AM
For a moment, Bor just stands there. Then, the wizard walks up to the goblin and speaks:

"Listen, you green-skinned piece of filth. I am going to ask you a few questions, and if you don't answer them fast, truthfully and clear, I'll have to... persuade you a bit."

After speaking the last word, Bor quickly casts a spell to show the goblin what he means.

Casting Prestidigitation for an 'instantaneous harmless sensory effect'. Said effect is a short but otherwise completely harmless jolt of pain.

Also, intimidate: [roll0]

niks97cobra
2014-07-31, 01:36 AM
"Ask me a question then, or cut me down, jerk!" the goblin shakes in his chains.

Characters
Therhana: HP 14, 6 taken

Inevitability
2014-07-31, 04:36 AM
"Very well. First of all, how did you get here? Do you have a connection to any goblin groups around here? We got ambushed by one a while back. Also, do you know anything about this staff?

Don't forget, I want the truth, no lies or half-truths."

Bor keeps his eyes on the goblins face, scanning it for anything that may indicate it is not speaking the truth.

Insight: [roll0]

Anubis Dread
2014-07-31, 08:59 AM
Seems the human had stolen the pleasure of the interrogation from him... well as much as he hated the round eared savages, he had to admit he was at least doing it the proper way. No compromises, no 'I will free you if's, just good old fashioned intimidation and torture. Like the green skins deserved.

Knowing that indifference to it all would be more frightening to the goblin than even getting involved himself, Dariel turned his back on the scene and kept a look out in case other enemy's approached. This was a good time to catch his breath a bit after that skeleton nearly tore him apart anyway.

niks97cobra
2014-07-31, 03:46 PM
"I am Chief Azland the 712th, and we were searching this cave to be an outpost when that thing attacked us. Uglund found that staff in the water before it got us. I am sure you were attacked by my clan, they were probably looking for my captors. They are not very bright. Escort me home, I shall reward you greatly, and you shall forever be friends of the Oddlaw Clan. Now cut me down."

Bor
Insight
It is odd that a goblin has such a grasp of the common language, even though he doesn't seem that intelligent. He may have joblin (civilized goblin) genes.

Sartharina
2014-07-31, 03:52 PM
"How long can ye hang around here?" Altarik asked the goblin. While he didn't trust the creature, he didn't share the other's hatred of Goblins. "An unusual ally would be a boon to our cause, but we have a mission here first."

niks97cobra
2014-07-31, 04:46 PM
The goblin looks back and forth at the chains on both arms and fails his legs. "I guess I can hang around?"

Anubis Dread
2014-07-31, 04:52 PM
"Sounds good to me," Dariel replied wryly. If he didn't think the dirt-blooded priest was in the minority he'd stab the green-skin through the chest right now just to prove a point. But he doubted that the others would feel the need to come back to untie the thing once they were done, and leaving it to die hanging up was just as effective without making nearly as many waves with his comrades. He was getting tired of being lit on fire.

redfeline
2014-07-31, 10:03 PM
Therhana holds up her water skin to the goblin, and at his consent gave him a drink. I am not sure how long you'll be hanging.

Therhana wanted to release the goblin now, but the less it knew about our mission the better. Therhana reaches for her mason tools in her bag and begins to undo the nails.

niks97cobra
2014-08-01, 12:01 AM
The goblin must be in some odd state of shock. He drinks the water and lets out a sigh of relief as the nails are removed. The nails being removed is enough that the goblin can slump to the ground. "Thank you so much!"

He reaches for one of the skeleton bones with his feet and begins devouring it.

Inevitability
2014-08-01, 01:02 AM
Bor simply listens to the goblin. As Therhana removes the chains, he frowns but doesn't do anything. The goblin gnawing on a bone is met with a muttered phrase about vermin.

"Good. Shall we get going? This goblin will survive on his own for a while. The only question is what to do with him afterwards. I am pretty sure he isn't lying, so maybe we should return him to that village?

And if you'll excuse me, there is a ritual I can perform that may be very useful. Just wait for a while."

Bor then walks a bit away from the others, beckoning Dariel to follow him.

Once they are at a suitable distance, Bor turns and speaks softly:

"Listen. I know you hate goblins as much as I do. However, if we talk about killing them in front of our... more pacifistic allies, then I can see trouble emerging. So here's my plan. If we return their chef, we probably can get inside of their village. We then wait until everyone's asleep or busy and rid the land of those green pests. How about it?"

I perform the Comprehend Languages ritual over the course of a round and 10 minutes, which I can since it's in my spellbook. For the next hour, I automatically understand all spoken and written language.

Anubis Dread
2014-08-01, 12:23 PM
Seeing the signal, the elf raises an eyebrow before standing up. He needed a bit of a break from sitting here anyway. He wanted to shove the bone down the green skins throat until he choked on it.

"If you lot are going to sit here for a while I guess I might as well peer down one of the other passages. Bloody feet made of lead and all that," Dariel noted wryly before following the mage.

The elf was surprised. Sure, he knew the human didn't like green skins, but he didn't think one dirt blood would go to so much trouble to off a different variety of dirt bloods.

"Maybe your ears aren't as rounded as I thought they were," he reluctantly complimented his comrade. "I'll be blunt - I'm more for stabbing someone in the face than in the back. Ideals don't take root unless you espouse them after all, and it's hard to do that when you're offing people in private without saying anything. In this case though you probably have the right of it. If we do something we'll probably need to off the others as well, and that's far more trouble than it's worth. Especially since I have a policy of only stabbing former comrades in the face - when everyone starts stabbing eachother in the back it turns into a bloody cluster flock."

Pausing for a few moments, the elf nodded before creeping down to the northern most passage way. "We'll do it your way for now human," he agreed.

After a brief talk with the mage, the fighter nocked his bow and crept to the northern most passage. Advanced warning had served them well last time... a quick look up this one could serve them well as well.

Stealth: [roll0]

Inevitability
2014-08-01, 01:54 PM
Seeing the elf depart, Bor continues his ritual. He draws a few mystic runes on the ground, chants some arcane words, and finally makes the required gestures. As he returns to the group, he can't help but notice a tingling sensation near the back of his tongue.

Sitting down on a rock, the wizard studies his new staff silently, from time to time looking up to the goblin.

niks97cobra
2014-08-01, 03:38 PM
Dariel
The north passage leads on for quite sometime. Without wanting to get to far from the group, you find nothing more than a long, curving tunnel. Though, it does seem to get quite a bit of traffic judging by different tracks that cover each other up. Denizens of the underdark must travel this passage to get to a nice fresh water source.

Bor
You can identify the staff as a Spider Staff. All properties can be learned by attuning it you which will take another short rest.

Sartharina
2014-08-02, 02:01 AM
While Dariel and Bor plotted, Altarik consulted with Therhanna in their shared language.
I do not trust the goblin, but I trust the elven brigand less, and doubt the human will have decent judgement on the matter. The goblin tribe's loyalty could be very valuable to our master, so it is not only just, but also prudent to honor Azland's request.

Inevitability
2014-08-02, 03:20 AM
Yes! I knew Comprehend Languages would come in handy!

While spending some more time on studying his staff, Bor listened to the talking dwarves, wondering why they didn't just talk to each other in common. As the name 'Azland' is mentioned, he tries to think if he's ever heard of someone named like that.

Knowledge check time!

Arcana: [roll0]
Religion: [roll1]
Nature: [roll2]
History: [roll3]

niks97cobra
2014-08-02, 04:07 AM
Bor
Arcana: You remember a staff being involved.
Religion: Nil
Nature: For some reason you remember Azland being the Chief of the Oddlaw Clan of goblins, in fact, you are nearly certain that this is the goblin before you.
History: You figure you heard about him in very recent memory.

Anubis Dread
2014-08-02, 12:18 PM
A rather irritated elf came back down from the north passage. "It goes on quite a ways," he told his comrades bluntly. "Too long to go all the way alone without risking some twigs trying to shove themselves up my rear or some other danger."

Blatantly ignoring the goblin simply so that he would avoid earning the further ire of his comrades by demanding he be cut down here and now, Dariel instead decided to walk over the lake and peer into it. Come to think of, except for the skeletons this was the only thing in this room really. And the skeletons had only had a single staff among them all. Maybe some things had been tossed into the lake? Or 'lake' rather.

Perception to see if there's anything underwater: [roll0]

redfeline
2014-08-02, 07:40 PM
Therhana responds in a dwarven whisper.

I do not trust the elves judgement. Nor the judgement of any one else that would call a dragon a lizard while standing in front of one. How ever he has supported this party thus far, and until otherwise I'll trust him. Albeit with a hand on my hammer. Now enough of this conspiracy, the two of us talking in dwarven would draw attention.

So how many smart elves does it take to light a torch. Therhana takes a fair pause. Both of them.

Therhana smiles and laughs. The laughter can always remove suspicion. Hopefully the suspicion of the two chatting dwarves, and hopefully a dwarves suspicion of elves and humans. Things were getting tense too suddenly for Therhana's tastes.

niks97cobra
2014-08-03, 01:26 AM
Dariel
You see a scattering of various rusted old equipment scattered across the bottom. Nothing of value. The nothic must toss the items in the lake. You also notice in the corner of the small lake where the water is escaping to, seems to be a small tunnel downwards.

Anubis Dread
2014-08-03, 01:37 AM
Hm... thankfully leather didn't really mind the sort of activity he was considering, otherwise the rest of the dungeon trip might be a bit uncomfortable. Setting aside his bow and arrows, but figuring his crossbow may still work, Dariel removed his boots and his pack before looking back to his comrades.

"Stay here, I'll be back in a minute," he told them before jumping into the water and swimming to the passageway. If they had a short cut to the treasure horde, or another way out the red wouldn't expect them to take, it was worth investigating.

Athletic (if necessary): [roll0]
Stealth (if necessary, hard to be stealthy underwater): [roll1]. And if disadvantaged, [roll2]
Perception: [roll3]. And if disadvantaged, [roll4]

niks97cobra
2014-08-03, 03:55 AM
Dariel
You easily swim through the passageway and find yourself in a similar cavern you were in before. However, this cavern is in the opposite direction that your map indicated for the dragon's layer to be. There are tracks of various types of creatures on the beaches of the cavern and several tunnels leading from the cavern.

Anubis Dread
2014-08-03, 11:25 AM
Well, at least he may have found a better way out than the main entrance. Though that would require the lead weights to be able to swim, which was a tall order. Still, it was always good to have another way out.

Assuming this was safer than just leaving the main way of course...

Survival to identify type and number of creatures making the tracks: [roll0]

niks97cobra
2014-08-03, 01:33 PM
Dariel
You can make out boot tracks, owlbear, cave rat, and many others that you either can't recognize or have been ruined by being stepped on by the others.

Repost of the cavern map for everyone

niks97cobra
2014-08-04, 04:19 AM
Plan of action?

Anubis Dread
2014-08-04, 12:09 PM
((OOC: Oops, figured I'd give everyone else a chance to post, but left it a bit too long :/))

Soon enough Dariel remerged from the lake, getting out before drying himself off as well as possible and retrieving his gear. "Looks like it leads to another passage, but it's occupied and in the opposite direction to the dragon," the elf explained in brief. "It might make a decent emergency exit, but other than that it's bloody useless. Glad I got myself wet for that."

Inevitability
2014-08-04, 03:27 PM
"Occupied? What do you mean?

But regardless, leaving that place to be seems the right thing to do. My spells are not without limit, and I would prefer to safe some of my power in case something unexpected happens.

I say we go to our goal, and return here if we really have to. Goblin, try not to die until we're back."

redfeline
2014-08-04, 09:59 PM
I am deeply sorry we can't release you yet., but it is for your own good.

Therhana takes her place at the front of the line. The dragons dungeon should be close. Still as loud as Therhana is, she will hand off the potion and let some one else enter.

niks97cobra
2014-08-04, 10:21 PM
You quickly reach where you must use the potion to find the entrance to the dragon's lair.

Bor has one potion, Therhana the other. Moment of truth, who is going into the dragon's lair?

Hit Dice
If you used hit dice during the short rest, now is the time to roll.

Characters

Bor
Spider Staff
The top of this black, adamantine staff is shaped like a spider. The staff weighs 6 pounds. You must be attuned to the staff to gain its benefits and cast its spells. The staff can be wielded as a quarterstaff. It deals 1d6 extra poison damage on a hit when used to make a weapon attack.

The staff has 10 charges, which are used to fuel the spells within it. With the staff in hand, you can use your action to cast one of the following spells from the staff if the spell is on your class's spell list: spider climb (1 charge) or web (2 charges, spell save DC 15). No components are required.

The staff regains 1d6+4 expended charges each day at dusk. If you expend the staff's last charge, roll a d20. On a 1, the staff crumbles to dust and is destroyed.

Anubis Dread
2014-08-04, 11:04 PM
"Let's be honest here. I know you guys would rather light me on fire than trust me with something important, but I'm the only one who doesn't make more noise than a pair of bullets mating in this group," Dariel began, adjusting his belongings to produce as little noise as possible. "If one of us is going to do it it should be me. And don't worry I know the mission - nothing but the artifact. Still doesn't make any bloody sense, but best not to question it when a lizard that can roast your ass is involved."

Inevitability
2014-08-05, 01:59 AM
Bor had to agree with Dariel, no matter how much he'd wanted someone else to go in there. Sighing, the wizard took out his new staff.

"I have to agree with you on that. So... get in there and find that artifact. But let me first cast this on you. Might be useful."

As Bor spoke the last words, he softly tapped on Dariel's feet with his new staff, which glowed slightly before returning to their original appearance.

"Here. I wasted some of my staff's power on that, so don't screw up."

I am casting Spider Climb on Dariel, using a charge from my sweet new staff (seriously, that thing's awesome).

I will be concentrating on the spell until I say I am not anymore.

Anubis Dread
2014-08-05, 12:27 PM
"The he-" the elf muffled his own protests at having a spell cast on him without being informed what it was first. They were close enough to the dragon they needed to be quiet. "I mean, give me some warning next time will ya?" Dariel went on more quietly, taking Bor's potion. They only had a limited time... he needed to drink this right before entering the dragon's room, or else it risked running out half way to the exit.

"Any other preperations?" he asked wryly.

Inevitability
2014-08-05, 02:42 PM
Annoyed that the elf hadn't even the politeness to thank him for making his task easier, Bor walked away for a bit before returning. He was getting really annoyed by now. It was that that elf was necessary for his plans to succeed, or otherwise...

Anubis Dread
2014-08-05, 09:56 PM
Okay, what the HELL had that bloody mayfly cast on him?? Considering he'd tried to light him on fire twice now likely some kind of bloody delayed explosion... getting a bit paranoid, Dariel leaned against the wall before... realizing he stuck to it? Frowning, he placed his hand on it and moved it about, before pulling it away. Oh, so it was one of those spells that did things. Climbey things. Like spinsters climb or something? He didn't know magic.

Still, looked like it let him climb on walls. Climbing up until he was on the ceiling, the elf nodded impressed. "Okay, I have to admit. This is pretty sweet," he confessed. "Guess I'll see you soon. Though hopefully this bloody drink lasts long enough that you won't see me," he went on, grabbing up the last potion before downing one and slowly creeping into the dragons nest.

I am HOPING I have Advantage here considering everything, so I'll roll twice and hope for the best!

[roll0] or [roll1]

redfeline
2014-08-05, 10:50 PM
I may of missed an option here with Bor, but I know Therhana was given the potion by our dragon patron.

Therhana digs into her pack and opens her bedroll finding the potion inside she hands it to the elf. Good luck. Now came the hard part, waiting for the unknown return of Dariel. It would be nearly as nerve wracking as entering the layer herself. Then again, no it wouldn't be nearly as bad, Therhana let out a small sigh.

Speaking softly she turns to the others. We best wait till he returns to free the goblin, that way he doesn't know about this dragon business.

niks97cobra
2014-08-05, 11:29 PM
The group watches as Dariel steps into solid stone and disappears.

Dariel
You step through the secret passage, through solid stone, and enter the dragon's lair. The room is hot, and very dry. You can feel your skin burning, and you realize, you cannot stay in this room for long. The stench of dragon is strong in your nostrils, but the room is completely silent. The cavern is very large, the dragon they call "The Red" must be extremely old. From one side of the room to other stretches wealth beyond your wildest imagination. Coins of all kinds make giant sleep mounds, piles of brilliant weapons make toothpicks for the dragon. Potions, treasure chests, gems of all shapes, sizes and types lie scattered about. You spot scrolls, suits of armor, bottles of wine and jewelry of all types. The golden rod is not immediately visible.

You take 4 damage from the heat.

To search for the golden rod, make three Perception Checks and make three Constitution saves. Describe if you search for the rod or describe if you do something different.

Characters
Bor: HP 16
Dariel: HP 24, 4 taken
Therhana: HP 28, 8 taken
Altarik: HP 28, 4 taken

Inevitability
2014-08-05, 11:34 PM
Bor stands around a bit, appearing relaxed. However, in reality, the mage is trying to keep his spell active. No matter how much he disliked the elf, having him fall from the ceiling because Bor misspelled a single arcane syllable wouldn't be ideal.

Anubis Dread
2014-08-06, 12:50 AM
Consumables? Whatever he could chug at this point could be useful for his search. Unfortunately their bloody client hadn't explained HOW the dragon would track this sort of thing. If everything had some kind of magic homing system on it the liquid in his stomach could lead the dragon right to them while he was sitting on the john or something. Wealth wasn't his number one priority, but he was still sorely tempted to line his pockets with as much gold as he could manage.

It pained him enough he almost let out a sigh despite the risk of being heard. No, he had to focus on their mission. He could always come back later if he needed to, when he WOULDN'T be incinerated by the bronze lizard for taking something other than the rod.

Slowly making his way through the cage, crawling up to the ceiling to get a birds eye view, Dariel searched for their objective.

Perception: [roll0], [roll1], [roll2]
Constitution: [roll3], [roll4], [roll5]

niks97cobra
2014-08-06, 01:01 AM
Dariel
You immediately spot the golden rod, entwined with silver Padonthia leaves, and a crest with a red dragon's head at the top, just like it was described. Then you spot a ring... among all this pile of treasure, a specific ring draws your attention. The ring is made of silver, inlaid with four rubies. You train your eyes on it and you hear a soothing voice inside of your head say,
"Don't worry Dariel, I won't let the Red find me."

Anubis Dread
2014-08-06, 02:43 AM
There was the rod. And also... a talking ring? This was conflicting. On the one hand, he knew better than to trust a talking magic item to not be cursed out the bung hole. On the other hand, if he didn't take SOMETHING he'd be coming out of this massive horde effectively empty handed. What's more, if he did manage to take something the dragon couldn't track down, like this ring claimed, he'd be getting one up on their ass of a client. She freaking LIT HIM ON FIRE! Anything he could do to undermine her authority without pissing her off was a good idea in his books. If she didn't know he took it she wouldn't get pissed off, he'd have a trophy, and he'd feel better by disobeying her without her knowing. It was win win win. Or lose if it was cursed, but hey you win some you lose some.

Looking about carefully, Dariel picked up the rod in one hand before snatching up the ring in the other and pocketing it. I'm assuming you can read my mind given that you know my name? he thought as politely as he could. Being an inanimate object rather than some dirt-blood, he had no real reason to be rude to the ring. And it could be a potent ally. If so, mind explaining to me why I can take you without fear while I can't take so much as a single coin otherwise? he thought as he crawled his way back up the wall and towards the exit.

niks97cobra
2014-08-06, 03:32 AM
Dariel
"I take care of myself," you hear inside of your head as you tuck the ring in your pocket. It suddenly does not seem so hot inside the cave. You reach the exit without problem.

Exit at your leisure.

Anubis Dread
2014-08-06, 12:28 PM
I see... well then I'll take your word for it. I would like a brief run down of what you ARE though, if possible. I would hate to accidentally be taking a liches phi... phal... regeneration thingy around in my pocket by mistake.

Still invisible thankfully, the elf exited the cave. Realizing he was still invisible, he notified the others. "Hey human, heads up," the elf called, tossing the rod towards Bor as softly as he could. The wizard was pretty smart - he'd likely know if he'd grabbed the wrong one. Plus he doubted the others trusted him enough to take his word for it that he'd gotten it at all if he held onto it while invisible.

Inevitability
2014-08-06, 01:01 PM
Seeing a rod appear out of nowhere surprised Bor, but he quickly caught it. The wizard held the rod carefully, almost admiringly, and started to study it. Patterns, runes, even the color and material; all were used to determine if this was the rod they were looking for.

Arcana: [roll0]
History: [roll1]

niks97cobra
2014-08-06, 01:27 PM
Dariel
Once through the secret passage, the ring falls silent.

Bor
You can tell by the extreme amount of power that this has to be the correct rod.

Inevitability
2014-08-06, 03:02 PM
With a hint of awe in his voice, Bor speaks:

"This... this has to be the correct rod. The power... it's just... overwhelming."

The wizard carefully puts the rod away, cautious not to put it where it could be damaged. He then clears his throat and shrugs.

"Well, so, shall we return to the goblin? Maybe we can explore that underwater passage Dariel discovered, although I see little use in that. I say we return the goblin to his tribe and be done with it."

Anubis Dread
2014-08-06, 03:06 PM
Dariel's mouth twisted in distaste, not that anyone else could see it right now. "Things went pretty damn smooth. Good work everyone," he had to compliment them. Dirt-blooded or not, useful was useful. "As it stands I have to agree. If we're not going to chance looting the horde we might as well get out of here before we have a lizard breathing down our ass."

I am pretty sure I don't need to roll this, but since Dariel is keeping the ring secret for now, and also not reminding people that there were TWO potions and he only used one, I am going to roll Deception.

[roll0]

niks97cobra
2014-08-06, 04:47 PM
Dariel, I assumed you did use both potions, otherwise things would have went quite differently.

redfeline
2014-08-06, 09:24 PM
Sorry had to read the rules, and school has kept me from having time lately.

[roll0]

Well, now is the time to stop talking about our quest. The goblin has no idea about this attaching to a dragons horde and its in our best interest if he never knows.

Inevitability
2014-08-07, 02:13 AM
"Don't worry, I got the rod stored away. Let's get going."

Gesturing for Dariel to go first, Bor patiently waits to leave for the underground lake.

Anubis Dread
2014-08-07, 09:51 AM
Sighing, the elf took point. Of course he would. It's not like there was someone in the party who say, used anything but a bow that could be in the lead. "Shut up about the mission, just grab the green skin and get out the way we came. Got it," the elf replied, leading the way back.

niks97cobra
2014-08-07, 03:20 PM
You find the goblin still munching on old bones.

"You did come back!"

redfeline
2014-08-07, 04:05 PM
Therhana smiles Yes, we did.

Inevitability
2014-08-08, 12:52 AM
"Now that you're done stating the obvious, listen up. We are going to take you to your village, but if I only see the slightest hint of trying to get away, or wanting to attack us, then I am afraid a burned corpse has to be suffice for your tribesmen. The choice is yours."

Keeping alert to any possible tricks the goblin might pull, Bor carefully looks how the goblin's chains can be taken off.

niks97cobra
2014-08-08, 12:54 AM
The goblin shakes his chains, "Well, can ya let me go now?"

niks97cobra
2014-08-08, 02:46 AM
Bor, the chains are easily detached with two hands, only needing to slide a series of pins out of the cuffs.

Inevitability
2014-08-08, 03:59 AM
After glaring at the goblin one more time, Bor undoes the chains.

"Everyone, keep an eye on him. Okay goblin, which way is your village?"

Bor does not start walking, but specifically takes a position behind the goblin. He didn't think the creature was above burying a dagger in his back as they walked.

niks97cobra
2014-08-08, 04:19 AM
"About five miles to the north, along the base of the mountain," says the goblin.

Inevitability
2014-08-08, 06:25 AM
Bor walks a short distance away from the goblin, and whispers:

"We want the goblin to avoid knowing about you-know-what, so how are we doing this? I say we go to the dragon first, making sure the goblin doesn't know what we did by leaving him behind to be guarded by one of us, then we'll bring the goblin back home. Any objections?"

Anubis Dread
2014-08-08, 09:52 AM
"Apart from not particularly liking not offing the goblin off here and now? Not really," Dariel agreed reluctantly, deciding to take point. The goblin could stab him in the back all he bloody well wanted, it couldn't hurt him enough to be worse than a mosquito bite.

redfeline
2014-08-08, 03:48 PM
Therhana drops back to join Bor. Quietly she says I don't think we really want anything the goblin has to offer and now he won't die of starvation. We did what is right, why not just let him off on his own once we are outside. Id' rather teleport far away from here than be at extra risk so we can enjoy the finest goblin foods.

Anubis Dread
2014-08-08, 03:51 PM
"If we're not going to kill it - which, by the way, I am still a full proponent of since it's just going to go out and kill more innocent people if we don't kill it now - I second that course of action honestly. The sooner we dump its ass the sooner we can move on."

It WAS a shame not to kill it, buit if they weren't going to kill it now then it was more trouble than it was worth to try anything subtle or sneaky. If you did something behind someone's back it just meant there was a chance of being caught after all, and it promoted them doing stuff behind your back to boot.

Inevitability
2014-08-09, 11:28 AM
Bor sighed, and then decided to reveal his plans to the group. Things as they were now didn't really help his plans. Maybe the group would aid him. Maybe not. But regardless, he wouldn't have to plot behind their backs anymore, which while useful wasn't how he wanted to interact with the group.

"Look, I am going to be honest with you. I have been plotting to follow that goblin back to its village, attack it by surprise and kill all of them. I know some will object, but believe me; it is the right thing to do. As much as I hate to admit it, Dariel's right. That goblin will kill a lot more people if we let it go. We cause a few deaths of irredeemable beings, and we save hundreds of lives.

Believe me, we should do this. It is the only right choice. Just trust me."

Feeling both relieved and nervous at the same time, Bor waited for the others to decide what to do.

Sartharina
2014-08-09, 11:49 AM
"You say so - but I'm not sure that's the case. If we can ensure the goblin clan't loyalty, they may prove valuable and versatile allies." Altarik countered. "I say we give them the benefit of the doubt - but to ease your concerns, I can stay with them to keep them on the path of righteousness."

Anubis Dread
2014-08-09, 12:00 PM
Hm... bringing the goblin back and NOT slaughtering them all was the worst of both worlds. It was foolish, pointless, and aggravating... BUT the rock eater was offering to stay back with the goblins to keep them straight. A pointless effort, because the goblins would never stay straight in a thousand years, and would turn on them and kill them the first chance they were at an advantage. But Dariel knew this, and the dwarf seemed to be bringing the goblin back and not harming it because 'it was the right thing to do'. When the goblins turned out to be in the wrong, and they would, it would mean the entire party would be united in slaughtering them all rather than playing around with all this bloody intrigue, which he hated more than a kick to the nuts. So arguably this was one of the best outcomes, except that it would delay the slaughter somewhat.

"Look, this green skin is going to stab us in the back," Dariel began. "No ifs, ands, or buts - he is GOING to bloody do it. That said, when he does those of us reluctant to off him and his kin will have free reign, and on the incredibly small chance he DOESN'T try to off one of us we'll probably get rewarded. As off as it sounds I'm with Altarik, though I don't have his faith in the green-skins."

Inevitability
2014-08-10, 12:22 AM
Bor thinks for a long time. Killing the goblin would mean the clan, if hostile, didn't get to attack, but they would be leaving quite a large number of goblins alive, as well as forsaking a potential reward (not that the chance of them actually giving one was terribly big). On the other hand, bringing the goblin back gave them the opportunity to cleanse the land of a number of those greenskins, and if there was a reward, they could just take it.

However, leaving Altarik with the goblins would be a... workable solution. It'd require some long-term planning, but Bor didn't mind that. Either the goblins would be no more threats, or (more likely) he could just off them.

After his long silence, the wizard speaks:

"Altarik, while I do not trust the goblins, I will let you try to convert them. However, realise that you do so at your own risk, and I don't trust those greenskins. Somewhere in the future, be it days, weeks or months, I will come back, and if the goblins have killed you, rest with the thought that I will avenge you. This, and nothing else, is what I will do."

redfeline
2014-08-10, 12:38 AM
Therhana is noticeably upset. I am glad we came to a solution with out genocide.

niks97cobra
2014-08-10, 02:15 AM
Altarik leaves with the goblin, leading him to the north. You head back towards the dragon, but it doesn't take long for you to run into trouble. You cross paths with a few dragonborn, transporting a halfling prisoner. One of the dragonborn, the leader, holds nothing back and quickly orders and attack. He calls to one of the other dragonborn and orders him to 'tell the Red that outsiders have been spotted.'

Characters
Therhana: HP 28, 8 taken

Dragonborn
D4 is the one moving away that was ordered to 'tell the Red'. Ya'll get first round.
AC: 14
Dex +2
HP 14
Leader (D1) 27 HP

Map
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/Dragonborn.png

Anubis Dread
2014-08-10, 10:51 AM
Oh HELL no! They'd just come from that damn cave, there was no way in hell he was letting some lizard man run back and blow the whole thing by narcing to the red! ...oh and they had a prisoner. He supposed that was... actually he didn't really give a damn, but he didn't want a dragon blowing down his ass anyway so he still had to kill them all.

The runner first, after all everything was for nothing if even one got away. Drawing his bow, Dariel shot off an arrow towards the enemy. Knowing that wouldn't be enough, he immediately prepared another arrow and shot it as well. The beast must die. Still no point in hanging around waiting to be charged - upon shooting his arrows, Dariel immediately back peddled to allow his more sturdy ally to take a blow. And also his less sturdy ally, but he was sure he'd know to move back as well. And if not it was his own damn fault.

Action Surge Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Action Surge Damage: [roll3]
On Crit 1: [roll4]
If both Crit: [roll5]

Then moving back to A10

EDIT: One frakking hp! If the dragonborn wasn't going to explode from everyone else's attacks in like two seconds I'd say he was lucky lol.

redfeline
2014-08-10, 11:34 AM
OOC: I think you missed my hit die roll one page back. Therhana should be at full hp.

IC:
Therhana growls between her teeth. Two arrows and it still is moving. Pulling her short bow she fires an arrow. After that she rapidly drops the bow and pulls on her shield and hammer.

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage

action surge to equip hammer and shield.

Inevitability
2014-08-11, 12:45 AM
Bor sighed, then got ready to fight. Those sudden attacks were really wearing them out, and they had a mission to complete. Hopefully they would be out of enemy lands after this.

"Let's wait until they get to us, instead of the opposite. I don't think we can hold our ground against all of them in melee."

That said, the wizard's staff suddenly shook. At once, thousands of tiny lines of silk erupted from it, each of which flying to the dragonborn. A few seconds later, the lines stopped, but the result was still visible.

Casting Web from my staff, targeting the J11-M11-M8-J8 square.

The dragonborn don't have to make dexterity saving throws until they start their turn in the web, so I am not rolling for them. Please tell me if I had to.

Looking at the results of his spell, the wizard noticed the small halfling, just outside the web. Taking a deep breath, the wizard shouted:

"Hey! Halfling! Run!"

niks97cobra
2014-08-11, 01:22 AM
Two of the dragonborn become entangled in the webs. The other forgets the halfling and charges forward, slicing intp Therhana with his longsword. The fourth continues to run (5 squares off the map). The two entangled by the web struggle and break free of the web.

Characters
Therhana: HP 28, 9 taken

Dragonborn
D4 is the one moving away that was ordered to 'tell the Red'. Ya'll get first round.
Dex +2
HP 14
Leader (D1) 27 HP
D4: 1 HP

Map
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/Dragonborn2.png

redfeline
2014-08-11, 11:33 AM
Bleeding from a deep gash in her flank Therhana takes a deep breath and calms herself to avoid bleeding faster. She then swings her hammer at the offending creature. She could handle this one but Dariel had to get the runner.

[roll0] second wind
[roll1] attack
[roll2]

Anubis Dread
2014-08-11, 12:18 PM
"Can't believe the bloody thing survived two hits. What is it made of, rock? Wouldn't be surprised, has them for brains..." Dariel muttered to himself as he prepared another arrow and shot it off at the fleeing enemy.

Inevitability
2014-08-12, 12:18 AM
Bor dashes forward, seeing an opportunity. On the way, he shouts a command to Therhana.

"Therhana, try to keep that one alive! We may need someone to question, and I don't think the ones I'll deal with now will be terribly talkative afterwards!"

Having arrived in front of the web, Bor raises his hands, much like a priest blessing someone. However, what he was doing wasn't really a 'blessing'. A burst of fire escaped from his hands, scorching and scarring the dragonborn and setting the web aflame, leaving them surrounded by fire. Bor then quickly takes a few steps back and looks upon his work from a distance.

First I move 20 ft. to I9.
I then cast Burning Hands, putting both dragonborn in the blast. As they are restrained, their saving throws are made with disadvantage.

D1 [roll0] [roll1]
D2 [roll2] [roll3]

Damage: [roll4]

Additionally, the webs will start burning, dealing 2d4 fire damage to all who start their turn in it.

If possible, I will then move back 10 ft., ending my turn in G8.

niks97cobra
2014-08-12, 02:53 AM
The dragonborn scream as they charge forward out of the flaming web. Therhana is struck by the leader's silver warhammer. The other two swing with the longswords, but neither connect.

Bor
They were no longer restrained since they both used their age for successful strength checks, so I used you first two saves.

Characters
Therhana: HP 28, 17 taken

Dragonborn

Dex +2
D2: 6
D3: 8
Leader (D1) 13 HP

Map
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/Dragonborn3.png

redfeline
2014-08-12, 11:19 AM
Therhana grimaces in pain as the silver warhammer smacks her shield arm hard. Therhana focuses her pain into anger and in the back of her mind realizes if she falls her no one will make sure the others make it out alive.

That hammer belongs to me now! At that she swings her hammer with unerring accuracy passing by his defenses with ease.

[roll0] attack roll
[roll1] with advantage
[roll2] damage
[roll3] if I crit. I wish I had crit.

Anubis Dread
2014-08-12, 12:01 PM
Hm... seems the lot of them were in melee now. That would make taking pot shots a bit more difficult. At least the runner was dead, so they only had to deal with this lot rather than worrying about reinforcements.

Moving around so that Therhana didn't block his shot, Dariel attempted to hit the leader with an arrow.

On Crit: [roll2]

Inevitability
2014-08-13, 01:27 AM
Bor, his hands still smoking, wasn't particularly comfortable being so close to melee. Back in the army he'd trust the large number of soldiers and knights, here all he had were a dwarf and an elf. Of course, he wasn't completely helpless at close range.

Thrusting his still-smoking hand forward, Bor tried to throw the Dragonborn in front of him off-guard.

Shocking Grasp: Attack D2 [roll0]

If it hits, the dragonborn can't take reactions until the start of its next turn, and I use that opportunity to move to H2.

Inevitability
2014-08-13, 01:28 AM
Also, if the dragonborn wears armor out of metal, I have advantage on the roll, so:

Advantage: [roll0]

niks97cobra
2014-08-13, 02:14 AM
The dragonborn continue to hack, slash and pound at the group, landing solid blows on Therhana.

Characters
Therhana: HP 28, 18 taken

Dragonborn

Dex +2
D2: 6
D3: 8
Leader (D1) 2 HP

Map
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/Dragonborn3.pngI think everything stasyed the same except Dariel slid back one, right?

Therhana
I believe I have it figured out. With the damage you took this round, I believe all I had forgotten was your 9 you healed. You are at 10 HP, after second wind and one hit die blah blah, minus your damage taken. Needless to say, you are taking the brunt of the damage.

redfeline
2014-08-13, 12:01 PM
Gritting her teeth Therhana swings her hammer at the leaders head, but it glances harmlessly off his helmet.

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage
[roll2] if crit.

Quit getting my blood on my new hammer

Anubis Dread
2014-08-13, 12:17 PM
"Unless it's your blood I don't see that being a problem" Dariel replied with a chuckle as he prepared another shot. "Though honestly that's more how tough these bloody lizards are than any incompetence on your part," he admitted as he took a shot to try and finish the leader off.

Eulalios
2014-08-13, 03:53 PM
Marshbloom :: HP 15, AC 14

In their haste to join battle, one of the dragon born cast aside a bundle of stuff. Last round the female halfling dove toward it, and began fumbling through it, and came up with something. Now you can see what that was: a nasty looking short sword, enameled all black.

Initiative: [roll0]
Shortsword attack: [roll1], damage: [roll2] + Sneak Attack [roll3]

niks97cobra
2014-08-14, 01:10 AM
Eulalios
Who did you attack?

Eulalios
2014-08-14, 05:28 AM
Eulalios
Who did you attack?

Initiative: [roll0]
Shortsword attack: [roll1], damage: [roll2] + Sneak Attack [roll3]

Dragonborn D3.

Inevitability
2014-08-15, 12:45 AM
Bor sees the halfling charge forward and attack the Dragonborn, and he breathes a sigh of relief. While he was sure that he, Dariel and Therhana could kill these if they needed too, another ally would always come in helpful.

As one of the dragonborn falls, Bor reaches out with a crackling hand, hoping to bring the one in front of him down too. He wasn't too happy with a battlecrazed warrior in his face, something he'd never been.

Shocking Grasp. I am assuming the dragonborn wear metal armor.

Advantage: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

If this kills ol' drakey, I'll be moving to H4.

Inevitability
2014-08-15, 12:46 AM
*Dukes of hazzard horn*

Crit damage: [roll0]

niks97cobra
2014-08-15, 01:41 AM
Round 4: Post Rounds
Seeing that he is completely surrounded and just about dead, the dragonborn ignores logic and makes a swing at Therhana. He wildly misses, he swears to himself, knowing the end is near.

Characters
Therhana: HP 28, 18 taken

Dragonborn

Dex +2
Leader (D1) 2 HP

Map
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/Dragonborn3.png No point in a new one.

Anubis Dread
2014-08-15, 10:38 AM
Ugh, he hated getting his blades dirty. Dropping his bow, Dariel withdrew his scimitars before slashing out at the enemies around them. First priority, the leader, second priority... well whoever the hell was left he guessed.

Attack One: [roll0]
Attack Two: [roll1]
Damage One: [roll2]
Damage Two: [roll3]
If One Crits: [roll4]
If Two Crits: [roll5]

redfeline
2014-08-15, 04:51 PM
IC: Panting a bit Therhana addresses the halfling Thanks for the help... What did they want with you?

Therhana picks up her new hammer, taking it from the cold dead fingers of the previous owner.

Eulalios
2014-08-15, 07:50 PM
"Uh, hi. I'm ... m name is Marshbloom. I was scouting ahead for m friends. Got too far ahead I guess."

Anubis Dread
2014-08-15, 07:53 PM
Dariel looked at the two convering, thinking for a few moments... before his put his hand to his face and rubbed his eyes like he had a headache. "We're going to take her along aren't we? We're going to look like one of those bloody 'acceptance' posters," the elf sighed.

"Since we're doing introductions I'm Dariel. I suggest you don't pull that sort of things with us again- my limit is one free ass saving per customer."

niks97cobra
2014-08-15, 07:59 PM
Therhana
It is a +1 Warhammer. A short rest is required to study it to see if it has any other properties.

Eulalios
2014-08-15, 09:13 PM
Dariel looked at the two convering, thinking for a few moments... before his put his hand to his face and rubbed his eyes like he had a headache. "We're going to take her along aren't we? We're going to look like one of those bloody 'acceptance' posters," the elf sighed.

"Since we're doing introductions I'm Dariel. I suggest you don't pull that sort of things with us again- my limit is one free ass saving per customer."

As the halfling woman turns away to reclaim her bundled belongings, her straw-brown dreadlocks flare out around her head, then settle. As she begins to don her leather armor, she says quite clearly, "You're welcome, customer."

redfeline
2014-08-15, 10:52 PM
Oh look she is already back talking, she fits in perfectly. Therhana twists the hammer a few times to get a good feel for it. Its more than just fine craftsmanship on the outside. This hammer has good balance. Now I suggest we find our ticket home. Marshbloom your free to come with us, but it'll take you a long ways from the rest of your group.

Oh and the name is Therhana.

Inevitability
2014-08-16, 01:18 AM
Bor walks towards the group from the position he assumed shortly before the end of the battle. He extends his hand for the halfling to shake.

"So... Marshbloom? Are you going to come with us? Then let me introduce myself. Name's Bor, and I'm a wizard."

Bor makes a mental note to pay attention to the Halfling. If there was no reason to lug her along, he might as well drop her off at the next city. Still, from the little he saw of her during the fight, she might be a good addition to the group. Or at least it'd give Dariel another person to insult.

niks97cobra
2014-08-16, 04:02 AM
Map:

I have been trying to practice my no existent map drawing skills. Did this one pretty quickly tonight just in case the group decides not to head back to Spitfire's Realm with her son, here would be an example of a common map you would be able to find of the realms. Everything east of the Untouched Mountains is considered the Sun Coast.

Unfortunately for you, you have no clue where you got teleported too.

The map is 1000x1000 miles.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/img012.jpg

Eulalios
2014-08-16, 05:42 AM
Marshbloom whips her head around, hand shading her eyes as she dramatically strains them to search the surroundings. "My ... group? Yes, you're right, it seems they are quite a ways from here. Almost like when I got myself captured, they shrugged and kept moving. I expect no more from you, but I'm glad you came along, and would be glad to travel with you. Where you going?"

Anubis Dread
2014-08-16, 09:04 AM
"Payday, via dragon b**** city," Dariel replied casually. Alright, he had to admit, as far as insufferable non-elves went she seemed to be towards the slightly more bearable end of the spectrum. "You may think I'm being rude, but she bloody LIT ME ON FIRE! I think I earned the right to be a bit surly about her. Or certain other pyromaniacs," the elf turned and glared at Bor.

Frowning to himself, Dariel kneeled down to the earth. What was the best way to the rendevous? It would be hard to tell, but he could at least get a general idea...

Survival: [roll0]

niks97cobra
2014-08-16, 03:57 PM
Survival
I didn't mean to insinuate you were lost by posting the map, you can easily get back to the dragon. He will take you back to where the game started, 'Spitfire's Realm,' on the map. I merely was posting that so everyone could get a look at the game world.

The rendezvous point is to the northwest, and if you leave now, you should make it just after night falls.

redfeline
2014-08-17, 09:26 AM
Wuold you guys object to a quick rest bit. Ten minutes or so for me to catch my breath, and bandage some wounds? Perhaps while you guys loot the bodies. They don't need their gold and silver any more.

Eulalios
2014-08-17, 11:30 AM
Marshbloom chuckles as she finishes arranging her gear. "I consider my share of the loot is right here. I'll help you strip and sort the rest of it.". Looking around she adds, "Or maybe it would be better if I stood watch."