PDA

View Full Version : Large knockback control character

Spacehamster
2014-07-07, 06:13 AM
Ok so I decided to go against the two weapon fighting style on my Wood elf, half dragon, half minotaur and
instead make him a fighter/barbarian focused on attacks of oppurtunity. He will use a greathammer and
the large and in charge feat with combat reflexes for more attacks. With his huge STR would this make
for a good build? :)

Ellowryn
2014-07-07, 07:49 AM
Hold the Line and Standstill are also good, as are Robilar's Gambit and Karmic Strike, also grab Improved Trip for true lockdown. Either a dip into crusader for Thicket of Blades or burn two feats on Martial Strike/Stance. Also grab the ferocity rage variant from the city scape web enhancement to gain dex while raging and then gain ways to become even larger for more reach, also Exotic Weapon Proficiency Spike Chain is almost mandatory. Otherwise yes, how you have it planned works. Enjoy!

Spacehamster
2014-07-07, 07:59 AM
Hold the Line and Standstill are also good, as are Robilar's Gambit and Karmic Strike, also grab Improved Trip for true lockdown. Either a dip into crusader for Thicket of Blades or burn two feats on Martial Strike/Stance. Also grab the ferocity rage variant from the city scape web enhancement to gain dex while raging and then gain ways to become even larger for more reach, also Exotic Weapon Proficiency Spike Chain is almost mandatory. Otherwise yes, how you have it planned works. Enjoy!

Sounds bad-ass, might take a few of them but not many since half minotaur, half dragon is op enough on its own. :D
And wont use the chain since it feels like a quite silly weapon, got this image of a huge half dragon Swatting aside orcs with abandon in my head that I want to go for! :)

Ellowryn
2014-07-07, 08:08 AM
Well, think of it like this, would YOU like to get by a giant chain being wielded by a monster with spikes on it as large as your head? Sounds scary to me. On a more technical note though, any chance you can get to increase your reach is important as it is what fuels your ability to lock down opponents.

Also forgot to list Aberration Blood/Inhuman Reach for more reach.

Studoku
2014-07-07, 08:14 AM
If you want to do the reach-trip thing with the spiked chain but thing the spiked chain is silly (or don't want to spend a feat on the proficiency), use a guisarme and armor spikes or something to threaten adjacent enemies.

Spacehamster
2014-07-07, 08:19 AM
Well, think of it like this, would YOU like to get by a giant chain being wielded by a monster with spikes on it as large as your head? Sounds scary to me. On a more technical note though, any chance you can get to increase your reach is important as it is what fuels your ability to lock down opponents.

Also forgot to list Aberration Blood/Inhuman Reach for more reach.

On that note I would rather get hit by that then by a hammer that weights more then myself! ;)