PDA

View Full Version : Fields of Umber Terra (Part Two)

Pages : [1] 2

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-07, 12:46 PM
After three long weeks of travel and with your rations dwindling you come to a burned out farmstead. A large hole has been torn in the roof of the barn, those of you who choose to investigate see that nearly everything is burnt, but in each stall where livestock should be kept there are no burnt animals. Some of the stalls however have scratch marks in them that dig into the soil exposing fresh un-burnt dirt. There are Huge footprints in the ground all around the barnyard and garden. They are reminiscent of the claws of the Dragons that you fought before but larger.

You have arrived mid afternoon and you only have an hour or so to reach the Temple of Umber Glaica.

(3,2,1,go)

Authmion
2014-07-07, 02:11 PM
Zangretor talking excitedly at the findings

"See! it was huge! It must have taken the animals! much bigger than this dragon ever could be! Wow! its definitly seems bigger when I compare it to the one we have!"

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-07, 03:01 PM
Kysh'Nal looks up from the cart and sighs.

"They are released upon the world. I dont know what we can do against such beasts. We are just people. May the Umber protect us."

He continues to examine the items in the Cart.
((
[roll0] Knowledge History
[roll1] Knowledge Nature
[roll2] Knowledge Local
[roll3] Knowledge Nobility
[roll4] Craft Armor
[roll5] Craft Weapon
[roll6] Profession Farmer
[roll7] Profession Carpenter
[roll8] Martial Lore
))

Krucik
2014-07-07, 11:01 PM
(listen check)
([roll0])
looking over to trizzi he looks in curiousity
my, queen what is it that you wish to have me do, enter first or should we remain here and let brother garlus and his giants investigate?

Croverus
2014-07-08, 03:17 AM
Dhra continues his role as scout, choosing to prepare a different spell than previously so that he can keep up with the group even when he is on hoof. He stays within sight of the cart, but is often far enough away that they must shout to get his attention. He examined the farmstead breifly but knew there was little it would tell us besides that they'd been attacked and the livestock likely eaten. He explores the area ahead of the cart, keeping look out for signs of survivors that might have fled the farm.

Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Search [roll2]
Survival (for tracks) [roll3]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-08, 11:12 AM
We will go where we are needed. I do not know the ways of this brave lot, but i owe them a great debt. If your skills can be of use to this party use them as you may.

Trizzi, Crug, and Krucik catch up a bit behind the rest of the part and begin surveying the wreckage. Trizzi shows visible signs of mournful understanding. " IT has been here. I recognize this pattern."

Krucik
2014-07-08, 01:08 PM
responding back in common " Yes...will do..as ordered"
cast undedectable alignment

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-08, 01:09 PM
Kysh'Nal takes special notice of four large stones in the Cart. He seperates them to the four corners of the Cart. Jade, Slate Blue, Rusty Red, and Amber. He seems to be examining them very hard before moving on to different things in the Cart. He stops for a Moment to look to Yuarin, then back to the Amber Stone, cocking his head in Thought. He looks around, to the Horizon next, hand covering his eyes from the sun, as if looking for features in the distance. Looking back to the items in the cart he pulls out the Obsidean Shank known as the Umber Awl looking at its craftmenship his eyes then Dart first to Dhra's Spear. His eyes follow it for several minutes before going back to his Umber Awl. Then once again his eyes dart to Ya-Khan's Axe. His eyes seem to bounce and dart with its movement before he ducks back into the cart looking at things. He spends time staring into the Amber before he looks up and looks to Garlus's Staff. His eyes spot something as he then looks to Ya-Khan's Staff and he nods, as if Mentally Confirming Something.

Authmion
2014-07-08, 02:22 PM
The tiny Mintauran turns and looks from his perch on the cart to see Kysh'nal looking around like a squirrel not knowing where his nuts should go.

"What is it friend!?! Those Are cool stones! What do they do?!"

His voice excited and fast

GarlusIronbeard
2014-07-08, 02:30 PM
Garlus remains perched in the cart, surveying the damage. "This is not recent, the remains do not smolder. We should press on."

He then looks back to the cart flooring, at nothing in particular.

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-08, 02:30 PM
Kysh'Nal Responds.

"thats.... not where to start. Look to Garlus's Club... there, you see how it glints, it has an Odd Type of amber in it. And there, in dhra's Staff, and odd type of Amber... THIS! "

Kysh'Nal points to the Amber Stone.

"This type of Amber. All these Stones... they have an odd Energy... it surrounds them, it doesnt flow like Ki, it is static. And then there is this."

He pulls the Obsidean Shank out to show him.

"This weapon is full of the energy of the umber, like Dhra's Axe."

He gently touches it to each of the four stones, looking for a reaction.

"these four stones are far too dense to be from anywhere around here... they dont belong. And where is all this amber coming from... are people making it into weapons?"

Croverus
2014-07-08, 03:38 PM
Dhra approaches the group, having examined something a bit aways. He speaks in Mintauran, "tracks lead to and from south. some Mintauran, others not Mintauran. human, maybe shook, and big prints as well. keep going" He motions to the horses to follow him, he is able to keep pace with them.

Krucik
2014-07-08, 04:22 PM
walking over and climbing into the cart he responds to Kysh in common
" though we have differences...I ordered to help...so I help you. Could be the masters of red scales make these. May I look? "

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-08, 11:01 PM
Kysh'Nal Scowls at the Brixxi peeking into the Cart. He looks over to Trizzi.

"Trizzi, I think Krucik would be better off looking at Ya~Khan's Weapon. Away from me. Could you ask him to start over there?"

Kysh'Nal had taken one too many loses from Krucik. He didnt want him to cause another.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-09, 11:09 AM
This one seems to be unsettled by your presence. Perhaps we should give the surfacers some space while they adjust to your....condition.

(When you head toward the temple, the brixii hang back a bit. partially due to slower speeds, partly to give the rest of you breathing room. This will also avoid conflict as you enter the temple.)

Authmion
2014-07-09, 11:30 AM
As Dhra mentions the tracks, Zangretor speaks up

"Yea! Probably from like a month and a half ago! That dragons been long gone I hope since its attack two weeks before I found you all to tell you about it!"

"We should go to the library about the stones! Maybe we can figure them out!"

His excitedness never changes. He seems to be excited about everything.....

Krucik
2014-07-09, 12:33 PM
Yes my Queen, though if I may it is not my condition he is upset about. rather his decision to both free the red scale and slay it. This is more so what is still troubling Kysh. He demanded me to free it so with the umber's help I did so. Yet I hold no blame to him only he holds the blame upon himself whether he knows it or not. He should instead look at this experience as though he gave Giant Dhra and myself new lives, new purpose. It is only his misfortune that it cost him his friend Hayato's life...As always I shall do as you command.
taking a glimpse at the ore found while approaching Yah khan and from a distance examines the items kysh mentioned.
( craft stonework check)
([roll0])
( Profession mining check )
([roll1] )

Croverus
2014-07-09, 02:35 PM
Dhra nods in confirmation with the little one, and heads towards the temple ahead of the group.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-09, 03:37 PM
With Dhra striking off ahead the party moves on toward the temple. Just short of arrival the Brixii veer off into an alcove in the forest. As you approach the temple, the wall guards wave and the massive doors are opened before you. You are greeted by familiar faces as you enter.

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-09, 05:28 PM
Kysh'Nal looks up from the cart and gazes at the temple, unfamiliar with its design and inhabitants. He looks around to see the order of things.

Croverus
2014-07-09, 06:05 PM
Dhra tends to the horses above all else, ensuring they are fed and washed, doing it himself if their stable is short handed.

Hermand Bland
2014-07-10, 02:08 AM
"Oh, My! It's you! Or some of you. It has been some time, perhaps all of you with some transformed?"

An older spry gentleman makes his way towards the party.

"I see you are admiring the terrible mess that was made."

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-10, 08:56 AM
Kysh'Nal spends time looking at the huge Mintauran over ten feet tall looking over them. But then all of a sudden, a human calling out to the group brings his attention back. He tilts his head in confusion.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-10, 09:33 AM
Coiseam greets you. "I see you have returned. Welcome." The huge mintauran bends down. "Your number has changed. Where are your compatriots?" He glances over the group, not quite realising that Kysh'Nal is not Hayato without armor. "It seems there was more to your dreams than we had guessed. I'm sure little Zangretor here has told you that the Dragon's of old are waking. Our time of peace, it would seem, is ending. The time to act is now." He waves you in and the gate closes tight behind you. He walks next to you toward the common house. Behind the temple you notice scaffolding surrounding a large 12' stone. A regal looking bird of prey is being carved from it. Perhaps a hawk or eagle, the details have not yet been added.

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-10, 11:34 AM
Kysh'Nal stands to face the Giraffe man. Offering him a Gentle headbutt to the.... well... lowest part of his chest.

"My Name is Kysh'Nal Kurak'Tug. I have had a dream like the others, and I travel with them now. I have many questions, when you have time. "

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-10, 11:57 AM
"Pardon me small one, I had mistaken you for another I suppose. I am called Coiseam, I will answer what questions I can. The Elders will convene on the morrow, now that most of you have returned." He looks around the cart once more after realizing his mistake. "And the rest of you? Will they be joining us soon?"

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-10, 12:39 PM
Kysh'Nal lowers his head.
"Hayato fell to dragons flame when Krucik released the beast when told to slay it. Apparently the word didn't translate to click click properly. Krucik and dhra fell too.... but the umber restored him. Official is a walking abomination now."

He looks down into the cart.

"Can you tell us about the stones?"

GarlusIronbeard
2014-07-10, 03:45 PM
Garlus remains silent as the cart is haulted and brought to the side, and the horses are unhooked and led away. His eyes follow Dhra a long moment, before settling on the tall Coiseam. He gives a deep nod, then clambers from the cart. He opens his mouth, but pauses for a moment, before speaking in guttural common.

"The Merchant Andrew will not be joining us, he has made his way to a human town to gain insight and more information on the threats we face. We have need of many things, Brother Coiseam. A runner, to take this immediately to the higher elders.... *Garlus points to the dragon head*...as proof these winged ancients can be killed. It is not the one that has troubled the nearby area, but it is a start. As the small one Kysh'Nal states, we will need a learned scholar of the Terra, to perhaps shed light on these stones, and why they were found where they were found. We will likely need the same scholar, and one gifted in the ways of the Umber, to see to our Bugman Companion, and if anything can be done to help with his....condition. I can speak of this more in private to the learned ones. We will need a gifted scribe and cartographer, to make copies of the maps we have for the elders. We need contact with your smithy as well as strong backs, for we come bearing ore and metal for reforging as giftprice. Garlus will personally need to speak with one who would exchange metal for stone." Garlus then holds up a golden coin, to show the metal that he speaks of.

Authmion
2014-07-10, 08:12 PM
Zangretor excited to be home, hops out of the cart, and runs to Coiseam

"They found more dragons! And slew them! These guys are awesome! I want to help the scholar study these remains! I have been taking a close look at them for the past month while travling! I can help!"

Hermand Bland
2014-07-10, 08:17 PM
Muffled surprise crosses Hermand's face.

"My word! SLEW? Fascinating! How did you go about it?"

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-10, 09:34 PM
Coiseam motions and a gruff water buffalo mintauran comes forward and lifts the dragon's head (roll spot) he carries it toward the temple proper. Coiseam nods as Garlus makes his other requests, upon seeing the coin he speaks. "Ah, the coin of the fish men. Yes, Giselle has told us of your Andrew's plans to run trade to the coast." He snuffs a bit. "Our smiths make only crude tools, the iron they use is not well suited for your needs. If you plan to seek these beasts you will need more skilled hands than what we have here." Looking to Zangretor "Your mother may not approve of this fascination of yours."

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-11, 12:57 AM
Kysh'Nal pulls forth his Shank made of Obsidean. And looks to the old human.

"We stabbed it until it stopped moving, With the power of the Umber... the life left from it before it killed all of us...."

Authmion
2014-07-11, 03:52 PM
Zangretor shudders a little

"But the more people who studies them the more we know about them! I will study them regardless!"

GarlusIronbeard
2014-07-12, 10:57 PM
Garlus grins slightly and shakes his head.

"The metal we have is for your smiths, given freely. Garlus has no need for them to make anything, and it will be easier on our steeds if they do not have to haul the weight of the metal any further."

With that, Garlus proceeds to go looking for Dhra, and to help as he can with the horses.

Hermand Bland
2014-07-13, 06:46 AM
*sigh* "I see. Rather un-glamorous. Though it is a comfort to know they fall much the same way as everything else. We were merely able thwart it from felling us. It would seem we thwarted it right into you."

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-13, 02:52 PM
Garlus finds Dhra and the horses in the same area as they were stabled in before next to the threshing barn.

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-13, 10:07 PM
"There shouldn't be glamor in battle, eloquence sure, beauty ok, but not glamor."

Authmion
2014-07-14, 07:26 AM
Zangretor moves to Kysh'nal,

"Hey! Im going to go to the library and learn more about the dragons! If you want anything come find me!"

Before Kysh can reply, Zangretor runs off to find the water buffulo who took the dragons head. He is very fast....

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-14, 10:05 AM
Afternoon fades to evening and then on into night. The wagon is restocked with rations and water and the party helps themselves to hot prepared meals at the grainery. The common house, familiar to most, has undergone a few changes in your absence. Indira has collected reeds and branches and built a very Shook-like loft above the rafters. Stephen and Hermand have crafted comfortable beds that are much more civilized than they were on your previous visit. Before long you succom to the exhaustion from your travels and everyone beds down for the night.

Waking from the best night's sleep you've had in months you step out into the sunlight to realize it's already midmorning and there is a sense of hurriedness in the citizens of the temple. Their paces have quickened and they shuffle about from here to there devoid of the leisure you remember from before.

As you are taking a late breakfast, a familiar young stag mintauran in a hooded cloak approaches you.
"The Elders convene at noon. Your presence is requested." With that he gives a small bow and heads off quickly, as if on a mission.

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-14, 10:49 AM
Kysh'Nal sleeps in meditative stance while sitting. He seems to almost stumble out of his sleep as he rolls forward then up onto his feet. Looking around almost for a nightmare that hed been running from. He calms as the Mintaurian speaks. He goes and ensures Yuarin wakes up, then to the Mintaurans as well. No one should miss the meeting.

Hermand Bland
2014-07-14, 08:10 PM
Hermand give a small head nod to acknowledge the youngling, then stands from his seat.

"Oh my, this is indeed curious. I must fetch my implements!"

Hermand hurries to his lodgings and retrieves his quill, ink and note books, then makes for the meeting hall.

Authmion
2014-07-15, 07:19 AM
Zangretor stumbles out of his house, eyes half closed and and droopy, heading to the elders. fully dressed alabit, some of the straps are not exactly right....

he groans to himself "why did I stay up all night knowing there was a meeting this early.... So much to learn about these dragons...."

His normally chipper self obviously very tired and groggy....

Croverus
2014-07-15, 07:30 AM
Dhra goes to see the elders quickly, carrying his gear and walking with his spear in hand. He remains quiet when he arrives, standing off to the side and simply observing.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-15, 11:52 AM
The First few of you arrive at the amphitheater a few moments before the elders. Enitan walks in and takes her seat. "Zangretor, my son, why do you sit amongst the Umber Dreamers? Surely you have duties to attend to around here." She looks over the few of you already gathered, noticing Dhra standing at the outside rim of the amphitheater she starts for a moment, then calms herself and speaks. "Well now, this is certainly a development of note. How have you managed to become one with the Umber in such a way?" She waits for a response, without taking her eyes off of the statuesque figure before her.

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-15, 12:23 PM
Kysh'Nal takes the time to bring in the 4 stones, one at a time. He sets them down and then sits behind them. When the one known as Enitan sits and begins asking questions, he perks up and waits for a lull in her speaking.

"What are these stones? this Amber? the same in the Staff, in the Axe?"

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-15, 12:51 PM
The small springbok Mintauran turns her gaze from Dhra toward Kysh'Nal. "I do not know you, but I have seen these stones before. When the others came here for the first time they brought them. Unfortunately I know nothing more of these stones. My first guess was that they are 'Umber Heart'; Stone of great power found in the places where the Umber Spirit is strongest. This idea cannot be however, because as you see, there are four stones. There are only three Umber Spirits. So I am sorry. I cannot answer your question."
She Turns back to Dhra, just as Stephen and Indira arrive and take their seats with you in the amphitheater. Just behind the small shook and large human, Dacre and Nahal, the pair of elk Mintauran elders enter and find their places on either side of the platform.

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-15, 12:55 PM
Kysh'Nal looks as if he is about to speak, but then shuts is mouth as the elders enter.

"My name, Is Kysh'Nal Kurak'Tug"

He looks back from the elder to Enitan.

"To expand on that theory. If one of these is not an Umber Heart, which would it be. If you had to... put a label to each, which one does not belong. "

GarlusIronbeard
2014-07-15, 02:47 PM
Garlus lumbers slowly toward the meeting, arriving behind some of the others. Upon arrival, he shuffles slowly down the stair of the amphitheater, giving a nod to Dhra as he passes, to sit in the front, where he gazes upon the elders intently, but remains silent.

Authmion
2014-07-15, 04:34 PM
Zangretor speaks to his mother

"I was the one who found them, and brought them back to the temple! I saw the remains of the dragon that they slew! I did all kinds of research last night! I didn't learn much, but I was able to piece some things from stories to fact! At least for my own troubles!"

He shuffles his feet as he stands with the rest. Eager to hear more about whats going on in the meeting.

Croverus
2014-07-15, 10:39 PM
Dhra pauses and looks down at his hands. He speaks in a short tone, hinting that the subject is a bit sensitive, "Death, then Fuma." He lets out a sigh, looking past her for a moment then back to her after he recollects himself. "Seen this happen before?"

Hermand Bland
2014-07-16, 12:33 AM
Hermand shuffles in with Several books a quill and a pot of ink. He stops beside the stones, looks ahead, and back at the stones, and ***** his head to the side to consider them.

(1d20+7) Knowledge History
(1d20+5) Knowledge Religion
(1d20) Bardic Knowledge

What are these stones?

Edit: innitial rolls didn't roll

1d20+7 Knowledge History
1d20+5 Knowledge Religion
1d20 Bardic knowledge

Hermand Bland
2014-07-16, 10:00 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-16, 12:05 PM
"Never" she responds to Dhra, rather matter of factly. "Re-born of living Umber. 'Tis truly miraculous."

Turning back to Kysh'Nal, "I cannot say that one is and another is not. They all have the right properties but each is slightly different from the others. You see these stones were cut hundreds of years ago, they must have been. And all I have to work with is drawings and description left in books and notes from ages past."

With a reluctance in her voice she sighs and says to Zangretor, "Very well, you may sit in on this meeting. Your youthful insight may come in handy. But after, you must see to your duties."

Hermand Bland
2014-07-16, 07:07 PM
"It would be folly to think that if one were real, the others aren't. For three to be real gives further credit to the fourth. We know there ARE 3 spirits, but these stones are from a time of WERE. A time of were that none I know were around for. Perhaps at the time there were 4, or maybe the fourth revealed himself to the crafter alone."

Hermand moves to a seat.

"Furthermore, maybe the crafter wished to create a fourth, as thin a possibility as that might be... It does fill the mind with the mystery and wonder of childhood."

Hermand continues to ponder to himself with a grin.

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-16, 10:12 PM
Kysh'Nal seems to tilt his head as the older human speaks. The words he said were interesting.... but completely mind blowing. He then shudders at the thought and shakes his head.

He turns back to the elders.

"Honored elder Minataurans. We have locations, like the one we found with fallen dragons. i believe them to be the places where the falling star pieces fell. What say you to this? "

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-17, 06:50 PM
Dacre speaks up.
"We saw the fire in the sky, just before your compatriots arrived here the first time. However we know nothing of its significance, if in fact there is any."

Croverus
2014-07-17, 07:06 PM
Dhra speaks up, in Mintauran, "They might also be locations of dormant dragons. We try seal off or kill what we can."

GarlusIronbeard
2014-07-18, 10:37 PM
Garlus draws a deep breath, before letting it go slowly. After, he looks to the Elders.

"Garlus would ask the wise ones, their insight as to why these flying beasts were imprisoned, and not killed. It is obvious these beasts are a grave threat. He would also ask, why there are those of our blood traveling, and helping, the ones who likely freed the beast that plagued here."

Garlus falls silent, looking to each Elder in turn for answers.

Hermand Bland
2014-07-21, 05:59 AM
Hermand's face shifts, and his mouth twitches as if he were trying to figure out some joke. However looking at Garlus, he determines there was no jest.

"Surely you can't be ignorant of the benefit of studying these creatures? To find a greater weakness, to find a flaw, or fates willing to find a way to control or befriend them."

Croverus
2014-07-21, 06:51 AM
Dhra huffs, then speaks in mintauran, "But they have not been studied since they were trapped, or we know more about them. They buried and forgotten about. Became stories. Now they back and we suffer for past weakness."

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-21, 08:23 AM
Yuarin and Ya~Khan walk up silently and take their seats. Enitan begins to answer Garlus' questions. "According to old manuscripts, the creatures were incased in stone and locked away because they could not be killed. The stories tell of battles against the dragons and dragonkin where dragons were believed to be defeated, only to be found alive and well again later. It was only after they were trapped by the Umber that their number began to dwindle. As for why there are Mintauran siding with the enemy, I have no idea."

"Perhaps," Nahal interjects. "It is possible that they have lost their faith, or maybe they have been misled. There is no way to be certain."

Dacre speaks up. "Study was not as high an import as safety. Keeping the creatures entrapped and removed from our world was most likely the priority of our ancestors."

Shortly thereafter Douglas enters the amphitheater
and takes his seat in the center of the elders. He is followed by a bull mintauran whose black hair has been singed off of his forearms. Scars and burns mar his arms and chest. Behind him is the Water Buffalo you met before. He carries a large object wrapped in cloth.

"You have returned." Douglas says. "We have much to discuss."

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-23, 07:41 AM
Kysh'Nal waits quietly for the elders to speak. He had already had the majority of his questions and intentions answered. He would wait now for the questions of the elders.

Authmion
2014-07-23, 11:17 AM
Zangretor listens in... considering what he has learned in his studies, observations, and from what they are talking about.

He gasps coming to a realization

"They heal themselves! Even when they are dead, they can "come back to life!" When I first saw the dragon head they cut off, and brought with us, it was rough, muscles torn and cut! But last night, the muscles are almost whole and a thin membrane surrounds it!"

He is standing with a worried look

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-23, 12:40 PM
Douglas motions to the Water Buffalo and he brings the object he carries and lays it on the edge of the stage. He unwraps the cloth to expose the dragon head. You immediately see what Zangretor is talking about. The skull is growing a thin skin and the neck is about 2 inches longer than it was when the head was originally severed.
"This" Douglas says, "is proof that the creatures can be bested. And that you know how to do it. I would task some of you to stay here and teach our people how to prepare for these Dragons. The rest of you will lead an effort to stop this threat before it gets too large." He looks at each of you in turn. "We have discovered that the one that attacked nearest here is using a cave to the northeast as a shelter. Our scouts could lead you to it should you wish to confront this monster. The choice shall be yours to make." Douglas then nods to the Bull. "It is my understanding that you had asked to speak with our smith. This is Barrus, he will assist you where he is able."

((OOC optional sidequest. Slay the dragon that attacked the local farm. This Quest will not award xp or loot as traditionally expected. It will instead grant -1LA to anyone who survives. If you choose to accept this quest at any time simply inform Douglas that you would follow his scout.))

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-23, 04:05 PM
Kysh'Nal rises and holds out the Umber Awl.

"Not completely true. When I killed the smaller one, it would not regenerate when I killed it with this. It was... vulnerable to fire, so that may have been a mitigating factor as well, for the larger one is immune to fire. my flames licked off it like water off a blade. "

He walks over toward Douglas, waiting for others to join him to go thrwart this dragon nearby.

Croverus
2014-07-23, 09:18 PM
Dhra goes to be with them, to protect them once more with his healing, his strength, and if necessary his life.

YuarinRavenwing
2014-07-24, 06:52 AM
Yuarin stands up and goes to stand by Kysh'Nal, speaking softly with him in Shook. "Let's stick together brother, I'm not in much mood to see another Shook die today"

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-24, 08:19 AM
Stephen stands and says, in surprisingly good common "I have seen this dragon. It escaped the last time. It will not escape again. I am coming with you."

Ya~Khan stands and moves next to Dhra. "I go where brother Dhra goes."

Indira decides to stay behind and continue training the mintauran.

GarlusIronbeard
2014-07-24, 02:29 PM
Garlus ponders a long moment.

"What is known of this dragon of the cave? Does it breathe flames like its brother?" He nods to the head now before them. "How big is the beast?" He purses his lips a moment. "Is their an apothecary in residence? Perhaps we can tilt the tide of battle in our favor with plants which are poisonous...though it would take many to make such a beast sick, Garlus thinks."

Garlus then looks to Barrus. "Garlus would ask brother Barrus for a better shield, if one exsists in his armoury. Garlus's shield of wood will be no match against the flames of such a beast."

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-24, 07:28 PM
Stephen answers "Indeed it does breath flames, and it is large enough to tear a hole in the roof of a barn and eat the sheep and horses within whole. It is by far the fiercest creature I have ever seen."

Douglas then speaks "We do have an apothecary, and she has already asked to examine this creature's remains. You may seek her out in the lower level of the temple in your leisure."

Barrus answers Garlus' question "Of course. Barrus will keep the forge hot, I have received your stores of iron if any of you seek equipment it shall be forged."

((OOC you have 440 lbs of iron remaining. Barrus is not skilled enough to forge masterwork equipment, but if you need any basic equipment forged you may have it done at a cost of the iron material and half the gold cost, or double the iron materials and no gold.))

Croverus
2014-07-24, 11:05 PM
Dhra speaks in Mintauran, "Have any that can fit leather or hide? Dhra wish to wear armor this time when facing the beast."

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-25, 06:19 AM
Enitan speaks with a heavy reluctance in her voice. In slow soft Mintauran " I,... Know of someone. "
Dacre looks to her as she starts to talk. "You're not talking about..."
Enitan cuts him off. "They need his help. Dire times call for dire measures." Looking back to the group, "He lives in a cabin, to the southwest. Across the fields and through the woods a ways. He moved there after his excommunication. He knows how to tan and work hides, he used to work with the local farms, but now he has taken up hunting. If you choose to seek him out, be careful. He is none too picky about his prey these days.

Zangretor, take him to see your grandfather."

Authmion
2014-07-28, 11:25 AM
Zangretor bows

"Of course mother! Also, I will join these adventurers in slaying these dragons! Finding them on my own, and my training has led to this day!"

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-28, 12:06 PM
The Springbok Mintauran leaps to her feet. "I forbid it! This is a very dangerous thing, you are too young. I will not loose my son to this beast from days past."

Authmion
2014-07-28, 12:11 PM
He jumps to his feet as well

"You have always protected me! I am not to young! Im of age! My skills will be of use to these Adventurers of whom I call friends! Im not your little deer anymore mother! If I don't go to help take it down, Many other than I will be lost! Do you want that on your head?!"

His anger from being sheltered for so long creeping out, His eyes are firm and almost hard, but a tear falls down it....

"I need to do this! Im sorry!"

Croverus
2014-07-28, 01:29 PM
Dhra steps forward and places a hand on the mother's shoulder in was is an attempt at a reassuring action, then speaks in Mintauran, "Dhra will look after little one. Will keep him safe. This Dhra swears."

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-29, 10:17 AM
Enitan lowers her head and adopts a somber and almost defeated body posture. "Very well. I am trusting you Umber touched. Do not fail me. My son is all I have outside of my faith. I cannot lose one without putting the other in jeopardy."

With that, Zangretor and Dhra set out toward the old hunter's cabin.

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-29, 12:47 PM
Kysh'Nal takes a small detour to the Apothecary shop and weapon smiths before returning to leave with the group.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-29, 05:50 PM
Several days pass and you go about your daily business, training, and preparations. Dhra and Zangretor return late in the evening of the fourth day. At daybreak on the fifth day those of you who are going to fight the dragon gather near the gate. You are met by Douglas, Enitan, Barrus, and the apothecary. Douglas stands silent as Barrus steps forward and hands Garlus a large steel shield. "May this serve you well." Next the Apothecary approaches you, handing each of you a vial of a blackish liquid. "May you avoid the fates of the creature's past victims." (Potion of elemental resistance {fire} 5). She steps to Kysh'Nal and hands him an odd contraption attached to a jar. Enitan walks to the line and opens a dusty old box, inside there are many small stones. "These relics have been in the archives for hundreds of years. I know not what they do. Perhaps you will find a use for them." There are enough stones for each of you to choose one, and for the rest of the party that is not with you as well. Finally Douglas speaks. "If you get in trouble call out to the Umber and I will hear you."

When you leave the temple you follow the scout to the northeast. You pass close enough that you may yell for Krucik and Trizzi as you pass if you wish. Once you near the cave however, the scout returns to the temple.

(Post any actions that would occur before leaving the temple, or on the way to the cave. Tomorrow night I will start the encounter. )

Authmion
2014-07-29, 06:47 PM
Zangretor takes one of the stones and inspects it....

"I'm sure it will serve me well!!"

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-07-29, 11:56 PM
Kysh'Nal smiles receiving the contraption mouthing a quiet thank you to the woman. He then looks for the darkest of the stones before reverently braiding it into his hair.

"Thank you elders, I shall return with the dragon slain, or not at all. "

While heading out Kysh'Nal calls out specifically for trizzi, despite knowing the other would follow.

Croverus
2014-07-30, 01:49 AM
Dhra returns the night before dressed in the magnificent hide armor crafted by the exiled mintauran, the red scales compliment the cracks in his stoney skin. He rests the night before, preparing the next morning in front of a fire, which he dips a hand into to breath in the flames as he prepares his spells. When the gifts are granted he takes up one of the stone, sliding it under a bracer for safety, but looks at the potion curiously. In mintauran, "Dhra will not need this, which of you will be in need of this more than Dhra?" He offers the potion to whoever claims it. He double checks his supply of balms and bandages, which he is low on, and checks if they have any extras before leaving. He also leaves all the weapons and armor he'd been carrying with him with the temple so they can better equip themselves.

As they pass where the bugmen might be, he does not call out, but if he spots Trixxi or Crug he'll wave them down. He pays almost no notice at all to Krucik.

(Spells prepared for the day being updated. Removing all those swords and armors I am not using from my list, they're a gift to the temple, asking if they have any of the balms or bandages available to replenish my almost empty supply, and sticking close to Z (within 10ft) at all times during the journey. Will carry him if it speeds us up.)

Authmion
2014-07-30, 07:48 AM
Zangretor takes the potion, and stone and places It in a pouch, carefully arranging it for easy access and easy weight distribution to his tiny frame.

He politely refuses to be carried "you may have touble keeping up with me my friend!" He says with a laugh. "But I appreciate the concern. Though I may use you as a platform to get up high if you dont mind!"

GarlusIronbeard
2014-07-31, 03:22 PM
Garlus spends his days with the apothecary, mostly asking different questions about the beast, as well as observing the apothecary in their work. He is much attentive to the many potions, and the making of them (if the potions given out are made during this time, and not pulled from a stockpile). He inquires if there would be any poisons plentiful and strong enough to effect such a large beast.
Otherwise, he pays close attention to the apothecaries examinations of the dragon head.

Upon the great day of gathering, Garlus Thanks Barrus with both smile and a gentle butt of the head to his chest. "It looks well made brother, Garlus thanks you. It will serve better than his tribes wooden one against this beast...Garlus was lucky enough not to be caught in the last ones flames."

He takes a small ancient stone from the box, peering at it curiously for a moment, then tucking it away. He takes his potion carefully, nodding his head in thanks and recognition.

He looks to Douglas and speaks. "If we are caught in dire straights, Garlus will speak through the Terra."

As they leave, Garlus would deviate to inform the Brixi where they are bound, and inquire if they will join the rest.

YuarinRavenwing
2014-07-31, 08:05 PM
Yuarin busies himself, sitting down and sharpening his daggers as he listens to everyone talk. He stops for a moment to take a potion as well as a stone, before sitting back down to finish. He places the stone in a pouch on his hip and pulls out a rolled up potion holder from his other pouch, fitting the potion in an empty slot beside a few others that he has.

As he's arranging things in his pouch, he sees Dhra walk by and his eyes are drawn to a particularly nice Shook crafted bow strapped to the minataurns back.
He stands up and walks over to him, waiting for him to finish speaking before getting his attention. "Dhra, I couldn't help but notice the bow that you are carrying on your back. It is a finely crafted piece of Shook work and I wondered if you would be willing to part with it? I can trade you some small weaponry or coin. It's a fine weapon and I think I could handle it well."

Croverus
2014-07-31, 08:47 PM
Dhra pauses, having almost forgotten about the bow. He takes it, looking at it and unsure what special purpose it truly serves, but holds it out to Yuarin, speaking in Mintauran, "Dhra have no need for it, it is Yuarin's now. Use it well in coming battle." He clamps a hand on Yuarin's shoulder, showing a bit of respect to the smaller warrior, then turns to stay near Zangretor, encouraging the little one to travel ahead of the group. "We forward scout."

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-07-31, 09:40 PM
As Dhra hands the bow to Yuarin it seems to shrink to fit Yuarin's smaller grip. After all was said and done you all headed out of the temple, Stephen and Ya~Khan each take an extra stone, remembering friends and allies that are not present. Garlus breaks away from the pack and soon returns with the Brixii in tow. He stops several times to examine certain plants as if looking for something. As you near the cave that the dragon has claimed your guide leads you into a heavy thicket that he has been using to keep tabs on the creature. He explains that the dragon leaves every few days and that it usually stays gone for a couple of hours while it is out. After explaining this he asks your forgiveness and turns to leave, a clear and present fear seems to saturate his very being.
You watch for a moment, then you hear a low rumbling from within the cave. A half moment later the biggest living thing any of you have ever seen comes forcing its way out of the mouth of the cave. You watch it clawing at the walls as it pulls itself along and those of you who were at the brixii den see flashes of memory, scenes of the clawed and scorched walls that you passed by. Trizzi stands stone silent as she watches it come out of the cave and unfurl its wings. With a single powerful flap, the dragon takes to the sky, it circles once, somehow not appearing to notice you. Then it flies north.

Hermand Bland
2014-08-01, 10:06 PM
Potion that Hermand was taking the instance the dragon came into view begins to dribble out of his slack jawed face. After a moment her corrects himself, but is still twitching with fear as he looks around to the group.

Krucik
2014-08-02, 08:21 AM
as if void of emotion after watching this thing fly off he says out loud
" yes...that must be a giant redscale...So when do we hunt it?"
prior to meeting up with garlus I again cast undectable alignment upon myself

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-08-02, 11:09 AM
Kysh'Nal seems frozen for a moment. The unforeseen size of the creature causing such fear in him. As it takes off and leaves the area he seems to shake it off and jump forward toward the cave.

"Yuarin, Zangretor, with me. Garlus, Dhra and Trixi, if you could stand "guard" at the entrance. Idea being if the dragon comes back, let him go in, and take him from behind, so we can... well... flank the creature in the cave. So that we are not all taken on one side by the creature."

He looks to the human, his eyes seem judgmental. The last human hed met had left a bad taste for them in Kysh'Nal's Mouth.

"I dont know your strengths. Im going to take a team to map out the cave, and see if we can find a way to trap, or make use of the terrain in the cave, hopefully well find something before he gets back, and wont have to use the flanking plan."

Kysh'Nal takes off at a run, concerned with the great beast returning.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-02, 12:21 PM
As Kysh'Nal runs off Stephen says, "He's right. A bit hasty perhaps but he has the right idea. I have seen this creature slaughter innocents and devour livestock. If we are to stand a chance we must use what advantages we have wisely. The sheer power this creature possesses will not be overcome by a show of force, we are not its equals." He looks to each of you in turn. "I have learned, during my stay at Temple Umber Glaica, that each of us must have been selected by the Umber for a reason. What strengths set each of us apart from the others? These are the tools we must use."

Trizzi turns Crug and charges off after Kysh'Nal stopping just short of the entrance to the cave.

Ya~Khan goes into a deep meditation within the thicket.

GarlusIronbeard
2014-08-02, 10:19 PM
Garlus calls to Trixi.

"The brixi and her mount might want to remain here under the cover of the plant....she will be seen at the entrance if the beast returns."

He then looks to Dhra.

"Garlus needs a live animal, big enough to entice the beast upon its return. Garlus will need Brother Dhra's help in this."

Authmion
2014-08-02, 10:55 PM
"Alright! Lets do this!"

Zangretor takes off and Follows Kysh'nal. Quickly catching up to him (40' movement), downing the potion he was given to lighten his load and catch up quickly. His feet picking up quickly and lightly. (Flames blessing stance)

He runs with his his hands on the kukri handles, ready to draw, his low light vision helping him out as they near the cave.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-03, 09:31 AM
As you near the cave entrance, you see recently piled soil and rock on either side of the entry. The tunnel starts at 15x15' and the first 20' look fairly natural. It goes 25' in before running into a solid wall of dense stone. The tunnel then turns 90° to the right and continues at a downward slope for 30' before you come to a small chamber. Just before the chamber begins there is a small indention in the wall that looks as if a large stone had fallen or been pulled out. The chamber is 25' wide, 30' deep, and 30' tall. (Assuming you use a torch or have DV) In the rear right corner you find a dugout nest. In the nest there are two large eggshells that have already hatched and four slightly smaller eggs that remain intact. On the left you see that the wall is primarily comprised of a single large stone. From this stone seeps a dark ichor. It seems to sweat out of the stone and coalesce into a liquid shadow. There are no stalactites or stalagmites due to this cave being mostly recent excavation.

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-08-03, 12:02 PM
Kysh'Nal seems almost captivated as he enters the main chamber. His eyes stay fixed upon the dark wall. He off handedly speaks to those who came with him. "Smash the eggs. We cant have them hatching, and more of their ilk coming into the world...." He draws closer to the dark wall, he dips for a second and touches his shadow as it comes to life surrounding him. ((20% concealment)) He approaches the wall, running through his mind for what this might be.
[roll0] Knowledge History
[roll1] Knowledge Local
[roll2] Knowledge Nature
[roll3] Knowledge Nobility
His hand reaching out to touch the dark ichor like surface of the wall.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-03, 12:11 PM
As Kysh'Nal touches the strange liquid it sticks to his hand, then it seems the leach the energy from him as its begins moving and climbing up his arm, wrapping around his torso and eventually covering him entirely. Kysh'Nal falls unconscious and the sticky substance soaks into his skin leaving it permanently darker than before. No trace of the substance remains on the rock wall.

Authmion
2014-08-03, 05:52 PM
"Kysh'nal!!" Zangretor baseball slides to a stop and checks on his friend

[roll0] knowledge nature
[roll1] knowelage local
[roll2] sense motive on the black stuff as it moved not normally
[roll3] heal

Croverus
2014-08-04, 09:14 PM
Dhra watches the others taking positions, and moves to above the opening of the cave. He smears dirt on his armor and does his best to bury himself in loose amounts of dirt to hide himself. He'd wait for the dragon to start entering the cave and then attack from above.

Hide [roll0]

Authmion
2014-08-05, 04:18 AM
Zangretor tries to find a part of Kysh'nal to grab onto without touching the ichor, like a strap or something, and tries to pull him away to hide him from the dragon in case it comes back soon. Hiding him behind an egg. He tries shaking him to bring him out of unconsciousness

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-05, 05:41 AM
As Zangretor steps into the nest to hide Kysh'Nal a pulse of energy spreads out in a radial wave from the nest, traveling in every direction. You feel it as it passes through you. You get the sense that it must be some sort of signal.

Please note: if you are not inside the cave you do not know what triggered it you simply know that it was triggered.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-05, 07:34 AM
Seeing Dhra bury himself in the soil Trizzi and Crug answer Garlus' call for help. The three set off to the west of the cave entrance. Garlus leads them to a wild pig that was apparently frightened off of the cliff above as the dragon flew overhead. Garlus blesses the animal and thanks it for its sacrifice before putting it out of its misery. Crug lifts the pig and the three make their way toward the cave. They are nearly at the cave entry when the above spoiler occurs. Everyone else remains hidden in the thicket.

YuarinRavenwing
2014-08-05, 08:32 AM
As the pulse of energy ripples out through the group, Yuarin bolts for the cave at a dead run, muttering a small prayer in Shook that he's not too late as he does.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-05, 08:52 AM
Yuarin reaches the cave and enters it quickly. As he turns the corner he sees:

you see the tiny Mintauran dragging Kysh'Nal's limp body into a nest full of eggs. The eggs are larger than Zangretor, but smaller than Kysh'Nal. You may also now take the cave description in character.

Croverus
2014-08-05, 06:34 PM
Dhra, having buried himself in at least 5ft of soil, which stops most detection spells and foils most senses(other than tremor sense), might actually not feel the ripple, and even if he does, chooses not to move as he wants to disturb the earth as little as possible.

(ooc: Almost every Detect spell I read says that 3ft of wood or soil blocks the detection spell,a nd similarly most auras and sense of detection do not affect anything past that as well. Smell would maybe allow something to detect where i entered the soil, but not how deep into it I was, blindsense doesn't help see past solid soil, and tremor sense only works if both creatures are in contact with the ground, and is pretty rare for most dragons. So Dhra should be more or less undetectable for the moment)

Krucik
2014-08-06, 07:27 PM
in common he says to the rest of the group
" Um Brother? guys the flash...is telling red scale that we here...it will be here shortly. The umber say this much about it. I hide now, so me and my soldiers will get it from where it no see. my soldiers will provide distraction" . After which point I proceed to dig into the soil.
(hide check)
([roll0])

GarlusIronbeard
2014-08-06, 10:26 PM
Garlus appears to handle a few leather bags attached to his belt, placing them carefully in the pigs mouth. (Leaves and roots planted) He then looks to Trizzi, speaking hurriedly in hushed tones. "place some of the black powder Trizzi find in this, quickly". Garlus holds out a small empty bag. When Trizzi fills it, he also places this bag into the pigs mouth, and arranges the pig at the front of the cavern in plain view. He then quickly growls "Hide!" and darts to the nearest concealment he can find.

[roll0]Hide

Authmion
2014-08-07, 08:27 AM
As Zangretor pulled Kysh'nal into the eggs to hide him, figuring that would be the safest place, cause what mother would fire into her own eggs right? As the pulse goes out, his mind, already not in a good place because his friend is down in a way he can't help.... he drops kysh behind an egg unceremoniously draws both his kukri in fright, crouching into a defensive stance beside Kysh'nal (flames blessing), and behind an egg

[roll0] hide

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-07, 09:40 AM
As Garlus prepares the bait pig he makes a small incision in its abdomen, enough to look like a hunting wound. He fills the pig's innards with a cloudy liquid while Trizzi explains that Ya~Khan now has the bag of sand. With a whistle Ya~Khan is shaken from his meditation and he comes toward Garlus. After a brief discourse Ya~Khan pulls a pouch out of his bag and fills Garlus' leather bag with black sand. The bag is forced down the pigs throat and Ya~Khan puts the remaining sand back in his bag.

As Garlus instructs the others to hide, Trizzi clutches firmly to Crugs back and leads him to mimic Dhra by burrowing into the freshly piled dirt. The two quickly disappear. Garlus is unable to find cover before looking into the sky to see the dragon returning, though still a ways off.

Meanwhile, Yuarin rushes into the cave and picks up Kysh'Nal's dropped torch he moves over to Kysh'Nal and attempts to wake him up [roll0] heal. When Kysh'Nal doesn't wake up Yuarin lifts him onto his shoulders to carry him out.
"What are you doing? If this thing is like a bird she will do anything to protect her eggs. She'll probably eat you whole if you stay here." Yuarin begins to carry Kysh'Nal out of the cave when a large thud and a roaring voice stop him in his tracks.

Authmion
2014-08-07, 10:44 AM
"Right! Right......." he sorta snaps out of it for a second and gets up cautiously and starts to follow when the this and roar happened.

He goes silent and goes back into full defense in his stance, and shamelessly falls behind yuarin (in his space I'm tiny) kukri held tight...

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-08-07, 01:26 PM
Listen
[roll0]
Fort
[roll1]

Kysh'Nal stirs slightly while being lifted up and a roar echoing within the cave.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-07, 02:31 PM
As the Huge red scaled dragon lands between her cave and Garlus and Ya~Khan there is a fierceness in her eyes. She looks around, only seeing the two mintauran and their kill. Her body language makes it clear that the two are not welcome.
"Who are you and why do you come here? Why do you threaten my home? My Nest?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/dragonfightmap11.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/shadowwalker19/media/dragonfightmap11.jpg.html)

The booming sound of her voice stirs within Kysh'Nal, waking him as if from a dream.

Ya'Khan, unsure if the beast can understand him or not begins speaking and using hand gestures, in an attempt to convey his message.
"Oh great and powerful dragon, we are but simple hunters. We have come to pay tribute in the form of this hog, that we might continue to hunt these woods without offending you."

The Dragon watches curiously the rather overdone pantomime gestures of the Mintauran before responding surprisingly in common. "If the two of you are hunters, then who is in my home?"

Ya~Khan, praying on his luck and the wisdom of his companions answers her back. "No one is in your home unless it is the other pig. You see we were tracking two, and one has eluded us."

She turns with a sly grin. "Well it does seem to have four legs. If it was meant to be hunted, then you won't mind if I roast it first will you?"
With that, she blasts a flame down the main tunnel of the cave. The flame slams into the rear wall and splashes slightly down the side passage. The flame does not reach those within the cave but the wave of sudden heat is quite uncomfortable and as it washes over you it startles Kysh'Nal back to fully awake. None of you are harmed but the remaining heat in the tunnel feels like an oven and some of the rocks within still glow reddish with intense heat.

IO:
Trizzi
Yuarin
Ya~Khan
Stephen
DRAGON
Zangretor
Hermand
Kysh'Nal
Garlus
Dhra
Krucik

Trizzi, Still close enough to the surface to hear, prods Crug to dig his way into the cave. Emerging in the lower right corner of the cave, the Brixii turns around and moves back the way she came leaving a small tunnel behind her and stopping just below the surface.

YuarinRavenwing
2014-08-08, 05:40 PM
"Come on you two, before we become this things fire roasted dinner." says Yuarin, trying to move as quickly and silently towards the hole left by Trixxi as possible. [roll0] (Move Silently)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-10, 03:15 PM
Ya~Khan says "We do not wish to keep you from your meal." He gestures toward the pig and takes a five foot step backward (toward the top of the map.) After which he claps his hand over the hoof in his beard to hide its glow as he appears to produce a rather barbaric belch that fills the air with a foul smell. (Cast "Breath of the Jungle)

Stephen tightens his armor straps and prepares to rush in if the dragon becomes violent. (Readied action)

The dragon twitches her head to the side as if noticing something. She quickly swallows the "gift" and turns to her cave moving inside the tunnel. As she enters she sees Zangretor and emits a screeching "Egg Thief" in draconic. (Casting "Sonic snap")

(Poisons take effect in [roll0] rounds due to digestion of the pig. Zangretor please make a will save.) Everyone except Hermand make a will save vs fear.

Authmion
2014-08-10, 03:37 PM
[roll0] Will Save
[roll1] Will save

Zangretor Covers his ears with the back of his hands, and staggers a bit... his hearing gone.

But he drops back into his stance and runs towards the dragon his tiny kukri pumping with his arms as he runs....

He gets underneath her (underfoot combat) and attacks whatever is closest to him on the ground.... His small voice as loud as it goes, sounds out loud.... He carries his speed forward, ducking his head and ramming his head into the dragons ankle with a yell! "For grandfather!!"

(rolled in dice forum,) 8 damage

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-08-10, 09:23 PM
Kysh'Nal seems to shudder for a moment. But his eyes steel over. He moves out of yuarins arm and pats him on the shoulder silently. He drinks two potions. The first seems to surround him with a cool breeze. While the secound surrounds him with a transparent layer of protection. He looks toward the mighty beast with the tiny deer facing it. He looks to yuarin and then back to the beast. He smiles and motions to yuarin how ready he is to follow the tiny deer.

Krucik
2014-08-11, 01:39 AM
(will save)
([roll0])
{if successful proceeds to cast while screaming out the chant in briixi}
(cast Summon Monster 1)
"Oh Great Umber Below,All within your realm long forgotten, and to all those slain in the past...Hear Me now SEND FORTH your SOLDIER's, SEND FORTH YOUR MINION's, BRING ABOUT THE DESTRUCTION of that which has caused all PAIN and SUFFERING .... DECAY,DESTROY,OBLITERATE THIS RED SCALE!!!!!! I plead with you Umber Below give me a sign that this RED SCALE MAY KNOW TRUE SUFFERING!!!!!"
in Common " for QUEEN, for Brother, for me, Colony Soldier's ATACK RED SCALE!!!!!!!!!!"
( tells hornet army to attack the dragon)

Hermand Bland
2014-08-11, 07:46 AM
As the dragon turns to enter the cave, Hermand quickly and quietly moves behind the next closest tree to the cave.

Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-11, 07:55 AM
Not being the stealthiest person around, Hermand fights and fumbles his way out of the thicket and moves closer to the dragon's cave. As he does so he sees the shadows behind the dragon coalesce to form a rather large rat roughly the size of a dog. The rat bites at the dragon's tail but it is unable to sink its teeth through the thick scales of the beast.

GarlusIronbeard
2014-08-11, 10:20 PM
Garlus intently focuses on the dragon, raising a hand out toward it, while clutching his necklace with the other. He begins to drone low in Minatauran. (Casting Doom)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-12, 09:55 AM
Unable to tell if foul magics were called on or if the dragon simply yelled loudly enough to deafen the tiny mintauran, Garlus tries to scare the dragon a bit. She doesn't seem to be afraid, her confidence in her own abilities is stronger than her concern for the ever growing number of foes she seems to be facing.

(its on to Dhra now.)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-13, 08:39 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/dragonfightmap12.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/shadowwalker19/media/dragonfightmap12.jpg.html)

Trizzi and Crug burst forth from the ground running in the direction of the upper right corner of the map until they nearly trample Ya~Khan in their panic. They continue until they hit a tree full force, shaking leaves from the branches as they do so.
[roll0] Trizzi panic.
[roll1] Crug panic.

(Yuarin is up)

YuarinRavenwing
2014-08-14, 08:37 AM
Yuarin blanches for a moment under the sound of the roar, but composes himself quickly as Trizzi and Crug seem to run in a panic. Pulling the potion out that he was given, he quickly drinks it, the liquid giving him an odd cooling sensation as it goes down.

He quickly restrings his shook bow and knocks an arrow, turning his head to give Kysh'Nal a grin and a nod.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-14, 01:08 PM
After dodging the panicked brixii and her mount, Ya~Khan clasps his hand on his stone hoof and closes his eyes (cast Aura against flame) then he moves to be able to see the dragon.

Stephen rushes toward the huge Dragon, stepping over the rous he trys to heft himself onto her back.

[roll0] vs touch to start grapple. (No AoO)

[roll1] grapple check
[roll2] opposed grapple check.

[roll3] possible dmg

Stephen hurls himself onto the dragon knocking her off balance and getting all of her attn onto him.

In her surprise, the dragon finds her options limited. She begins to search her scales for something.

(Dragon is now grappling. She cannot make AoOs and all of her focus for now is on Stephen. Enjoy also, for those with sneak attack, she is denied her Dex to ac)

Croverus
2014-08-14, 08:09 PM
Dhra feels the fuma well up inside him, the red of his eyes and the cracks in his stoney hide glow as he bursts up out of the ground, bringing his spear forward. He roars and thrusts with all his might.

[roll0] for [roll1] damage

(raging, +4 str, +4 con, -2 ac, +2 will saves)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-14, 08:15 PM
Dhra's spear meets the dragon's scales and slides along them with a loud clang, unable to penetrate the stonehard hide.

Authmion
2014-08-14, 10:03 PM
[roll0] attack
[roll1] dmg

Zangretor attacks with is kukri, with a loud scream, he lunges at the dragons skin, (mountain hammer)

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-08-15, 12:01 AM
Kysh'Nal moves 15 ft southwest; then ten feet south. Placing him up flanking against Dhra against the beast. During the movement he unsheaths the umbral awl. Calling upon his inner strength he drives his dagger toward the dragons flesh.(mountain hammer)
Attack [roll0] (9+2 for flanking)
Damage [roll1]+[roll2] (ignores DR)

Krucik
2014-08-15, 06:04 AM
(In a free action)
communicating with my hornets, I instruct them to attack the red scale's eyes.
( standard action )
he stretches out his wings and begins buzzing as he charges forward towards the dragon
( cast Death Watch [as a lvl 4 cleric] )
<turn>

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-15, 10:16 AM
(Zangretor didn't realize he had a flanking position so, I'm adding 2 to his roll.)

Zangretor and Kysh'Nal manage to slip their small blades under the protective scales deep enough to draw blood. The Dragon yelps a little in pain with Kysh'Nal's wound.

No one is dead, no one is dying, no one is close to dying, and the only undead are you and your hornets.

GarlusIronbeard
2014-08-15, 11:48 AM
Garlus moves 20 ft. west toward the mouth of the cave, all the while his hand remains on his necklace as he chants. (casting resist energy: fire, lasts 40 minutes)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-15, 01:44 PM
As commanded, Krucik's hornets attack, though they cannot reach the dragon's eyes.

1S DMG if hit.

The rat instinctually bites at its tail once more, this time flanking with Zangretor.
[roll1]
[Roll]1d4 +disease if hit.

The hornets' small stingers are unable to penetrate the scales while the rat critically injures itself on the dragon's tail.

YuarinRavenwing
2014-08-16, 01:20 AM
As everyone takes the opportunity to attack, Yuarin steps five feet to his left and draws his already knocked arrow to his cheek. Holding his bow steady, he releases his breath as he aims for one of the Dragons large eyes and releases...
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-16, 10:31 AM
(Yuarin's actions above will take place after Hermand, since he's already posted a turn this round.)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-19, 08:31 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/dragonfightmap13.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/shadowwalker19/media/dragonfightmap13.jpg.html)

Hermand wakes as if from a daze, he moves toward the cave but stays hidden outside the mouth. He begins to sing an uplifting song.
(inspire courage. +1 to Atk, Dmg, and saves vs fear and charm)

Trizzi and Crug move around the tree they just hit and continue to move away from you all (20' off map at this point)

Yuarin fires his arrow, but as he does so the dragon closes her eye and the arrow glances off of her scaled eyelid.

Ya~Khan moves toward the dragon horns down as he smashes into her rear flank next to Dhra.

Stephen continues to wrestle with the dragon, he tries to crush her once more, but she slightly outmatches him keeping him from doing so.

The dragon tries to wriggle free from Stephen's grasp long enough to cast a spell but she is unable to get clear long enough. A quick flash of flame sputters from her mouth but it fails to do anything else.

(party turn)

Croverus
2014-08-19, 09:58 PM
With little time to think, Dhra's anger at his spear not being effective fills him up. His feet seem to sink into the grown, the earth and stone gathering up around his hooves as he pulls his head back then snaps it forward, smashing his skull into the dragon.

(Headbutting, with added Earth Strike damage, still raging)

[roll0] attack (+1 BAB, +8 strength, +6 earth strike while raging) vs touch AC for [roll1] damage

Authmion
2014-08-20, 10:42 AM
Zangretor angered by the dragon.... His ears ringing from it... Its size compared to him is huge. Thinking of his grandfather, wanting to make him proud.... He lets out a bellow, and Attacks the closest thing to him on the dragon. His kukri singing....

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] mountain hammer
[roll2] kukri

Krucik
2014-08-20, 02:29 PM
siezing the opportunity he clutch's tightly onto the stone necklace As again loud chirping is heard once more
" Great Umber Above Hear my call, Powerful Umber Below, Unleash your wrath, your judgement, and fury upon this Red Scale... Give me the strength to turn it into stone."
walking 5 feet upto the dragon he punches the dragon
(cast Shivering Touch )
( dex damage)
([roll0])

Hermand Bland
2014-08-21, 08:27 AM
As Hermand's song nears a creciendo, There comes a note that Hermand holds, Such a high pitch one might think a woman hit it, if the didn't know the true source. As Hermand holds the note, a flickering appears above the dragon's snout. Starting with blue sparks, It's becomes a luminous white ball, right before the beast's eyes.

(LVL 0 spell - Light)
(Hoping of course the distract or impair vision of the beast.)

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-08-21, 08:40 PM
Kysh'Nal frowns up at the great creature, pulling his shadow up from his feet to surround him. ((20% Miss Chance))

He inhales deeply as he begins a growl out his Umbers name.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..."

He thrusts up with his Umber Awl toward the creatures tender belly. ((Mountain Hammer))

"...MA!"

[roll0] to Hit
[roll1]+[roll2]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-22, 08:08 PM
Dhra smashes his horns into the dragon's hip, while Zangretor slashes her forearm. Both Mintauran injure her slightly. When Krucik touches the dragon, a deathly cold spreads through her muscles, a frost begins to form over her scales. She begins to freeze in place. (She can still cast, but is otherwise considered helpless. The effect lasts 4rds.)
Hermand lights up the cave, exposing Yuarin who has been hidden in the shadows to any without dark vision.
Kysh'Nal sieses the opportunity and slashes his awl across her underbelly. ( you rolled max weapon damage anyway so I'm auto-doubling it for crit. )

Garlus is up.

GarlusIronbeard
2014-08-22, 11:54 PM
Garlus continues chanting, his droaning becoming deeper. As he casts a hand out, an ethereal mace forms, striking at the dragon (cast spiritual weapon) 1d20+10 (+3 bab, +3 wisdom mod, +4 helpless bonus)

(if attack is successful, spell resistance check) [roll0]

If spell resistance is overcome force damage ignores damage reduction [roll1]

(spell resistance likely failed) The mace disappears almost as soon as it appeared.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-23, 10:39 PM
Krucik's minions attack the Dragon in her weakness the hornets crawl over her until they find wounds in her scales where their stingers can be effective and they deal 3 points of strength damage for 40 mins. The rat gnaws viciously at the dragon's tail inflicting [roll0] dmg +disease.

Top of the round.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/dragonfightmap14.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/shadowwalker19/media/dragonfightmap14.jpg.html)

Trizzi and Crug continue to run away for [roll1] another 15 ft before running into thick brush and being halted.

Stephen seizes the opportunity to re-position himself and drive his fists into the dragon's frozen form for [roll2] dmg.

The Dragon tries to focus [roll3] but in her condition she cannot seem to collect her thoughts. A deep rumbling is heard from within her stomach as pain visibly wracks her muscles.

{The Dragon is severely wounded at this point (<50%HP, single digit Con) and is susceptible to Coup de Gras attacks. She seems to be frozen in place, and Stephen is sitting on top of her, straddling her like a horse. Hermand's song is still in effect for 4 more rounds.}

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-08-24, 11:16 AM
Kysh'Nal takes his umber awl in both hands, driving into the creatures artery. (Coup de grace)

(Auto crit on coup de grace)
[roll] 2d4+6+[roll1]
(Fort save vs death equal to damage +10)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-24, 01:57 PM
Kysh'Nal slices the frozen Dragon's throat, blood gushes from the wound and splashes onto the floor freezing into crystals when it does so. She struggles for her life, but you watch as it begins to fade from her eyes. With her final breath she says "I Shall Find You All" "The (Night/Knight) shall avenge me!"

As the dragon dies before your eyes, you are filled with an unusual fervor, you feel stronger, faster, more aware. It is like an adrenaline rush through your whole body. (OOC you may now remove 1 Level adjustment from your character sheets, thus allowing you 1 class level. For those without LAs you have been granted unique special abilities.)

Krucik
2014-08-25, 07:10 PM
Staring at the dragon { using the death watch spell thats still active }
(spot check ) to determine accurate vital signs of the red scale
([roll0]) {as a swift actions}
{IF she is still alive}
( touch the dragon and cast Death Knell as level 5 cleric)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-26, 07:56 AM
You can see that she is dead and you feel that casting would be pointless. You do not sense that she is healing like the dragon's were said to do.

As the Dragon's life leaves her body, her legs go limp and she falls to the ground. (Need a Ref Save from Zangretor) Stephen rolls off of her as she falls landing with a thud beside Kysh'Nal. "You're pretty good with that knife." he says in common.

Authmion
2014-08-26, 10:38 AM
Zangretor after his cut, turning to start again, sees the blood from her neck, and the shivering of her legs as she falls.... "dreck!"

[roll0] reflex save

He takes a run a sudden burst of speed presses him forward and leaps out from under her! His legs pushing him clear of her body as she falls.

He gets up and dusts himself off....

"Woah.... "

GarlusIronbeard
2014-08-26, 02:01 PM
Garlus grunts and growls, clawing at his armour. Pieces of it begin to fall haphazardly as he undoes the intricacies of the leather belts, and the chain underneath. He hisses, also dropping the metal shield as well as the mace hanging at his hip. He kneels and inspects them, touching a finger then quickly drawing back his hand.

"It has cursed Garlus's belongings...."

Garlus spits onto the ground with a heavy frown.

Krucik
2014-08-26, 07:23 PM
In common " Brother... the Umber below show me this Red Scale is slain. Justice has been done for our colony, I go check cave for more of Red Scale's Colony."

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-08-26, 09:09 PM
Kysh'Nal flicks his Dagger before putting it away, the shadow dissapearing from his face, allowing others to see his face once again. Though his flesh has turned dark since he touched the inky wall.

He smiles to Stephen.

"I was lucky, We were lucky. we were able to avoid his breath. "

He looks to his brother.

" Yuarin, you good?"

Krucik
2014-08-26, 10:17 PM
Krucik scampers off 20ft into the cave...
( using Death Watch to see in front of him )
( spot check )
( [roll0] )

Croverus
2014-08-26, 10:49 PM
Dhra scowls at the dragon's corpse, then begins to cut at the hide of the beast, attempting to salvage as much of the hide as he can; hopefully it is not too badly damaged by the ice. He stays focused on the task, though if any are able to assist him he appreciates the help.

Survival [roll0]
(Dhra works slowly and carefully so if taking 10 (making the roll a 16) would have been enough to get the dragons' hide I'd prefer that, but I'll go with whatever it says)

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-08-27, 06:13 AM
Kysh Sighes and moves to help Dhra. He personally doesnt need Dragon Skin, but hes willing to help.

(([roll0] Survival))

GarlusIronbeard
2014-08-27, 04:50 PM
Garlus takes the wooden stave from his back, following Krucik into the cave slowly, letting his eyes adjust to the darkness within. [roll0] spot check

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-28, 10:31 AM
Ya~Khan sees Dhra struggling with the frosty scales of the dragon, he attempts to help. [roll0] survival as aid another.
He then looks to Garlus after seeing him shuck his armor and speaks in Mintauran "Brother, what has the beast done to your things? You looked as if you had been swarmed by ants."

Trizzi and Crug return from their run, a bit rattled. Shock washes over them when they see that you were victorious.

With the help of Kysh'Nal and Ya~Khan, Dhra is finally able to peel the hide free from the dragon.

Anyone who has either DV or llv, once they enter the main body of the dragon's cave, can see in the right rear corner, a nest containing four large eggs and two even larger egg shells.

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-08-29, 05:27 PM
Kysh'Nal grunts with effort as he finishes helping pull off the creatures hide. He then pulls out a contraption from the medicine woman. He begins feeding a tube down the Dragons throat before hooking up an empty flask to the other end of the device, and then gently begins working the pump by hand.

Authmion
2014-08-29, 09:11 PM
Zangretor tilts his head
"kysh'nal..... Whats that? "

Croverus
2014-08-29, 09:15 PM
Dhra stands, rolling the large hide and setting it down for the moment, going further into the cave, towards the nest of eggs. He crouches down beside them, examining them.

Checks to see if Dhra can determine the state of the eggs, i.e. if they are active, if so how close to hatching they are, and determining the quickest way to break the eggs open to kill the unborn dragons
Knowledge (nature) [roll0]
Knowledge (arcane) [roll1]
Heal [roll2]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-29, 09:50 PM
A golden brown liquid resembling motor oil begins to fill Kysh'Nal's jar, the vapors of which burn the eyes of those nearby.

Dhra stoops down by the dragon's nest to see four leathery shelled eggs, the eggs are warm and firm to the touch. (OOC, they are eggs. They are pretty much vulnerable to any show of force)

GarlusIronbeard
2014-08-29, 10:52 PM
Garlus seems to mimic Dhra, approaching the eggs and the nesting area and examining both the eggs and their immediate surroundings. He takes a special interest in the empty shells.

[roll0] Knowledge nature

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-08-29, 11:25 PM
Kysh'Nal looks to the tiny deer mintauran and motions at the contraption.
"I was gifted a contraption that harvests a potion like substance from these beasts that seems to give an amount of protection against their flames. I am harvesting. "
As his flask fills he stops pumping, replaces the full flask with an empty one before resuming pumping.
"A young one.... a quarter the size of this one had enough for one potion. I can hope it's size increases the dosage within."

Krucik
2014-08-30, 01:02 PM
" brother all red scale larva appear alive, though no sure where other larva go...may be red scale eat their own larva? No matter these die to"
moves down into the nest another 10ft...extends wings as they start buzzing loudly..
" soldiers, let us feast on red scale larva... destroy them all before they attack the queen "
as wings start buzzing so to he starts swiping at the closest unhatched egg.
( attack 1 )
([roll0])
(attack 2)
([roll1])

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-08-30, 01:22 PM
Krucik slashes open two of the eggs. A semi clear slime oozes out of them followed by embryotic creatures that vaguely resemble small velociraptors. The reptilian embryos squirm briefly on the ground before falling still.

Garlus and Dhra, with Krucik now standing right in front of them, find themselves surrounded by a swarm of hornets that seem to orbit around Krucik. They make no attempt to sting or even light on you, they just fly around you.

GarlusIronbeard
2014-08-30, 07:42 PM
Garlus scratches his chin, watching Krucik. After a long moment, Garlus nods to himself and speaks. "Garlus is thankful that all are alive, and that this big one is not. Are there any the beast hurt?" He looks to Dhra, speaking in his own tongue. "Perhaps we should remove the head again as proof of the deed...and even bring one of the small ones to the elders. They may want to study it?" Garlus shrugs, then goes back to examining one of the creatures that were previously in the eggs, with such actions as opening the jaws to peer at teeth, getting a measure of the small beasts claws and tail length, and examining the scales and how they are attached and fitted.

Croverus
2014-08-30, 10:17 PM
Dhra nods to Garlus, placing a hoof on one of the remaining eggs and simply crushing it underhoof. He wipes it off in the dirt then goes to remove the large beast's head.

Strength [roll0]

Krucik
2014-09-01, 02:17 AM
folding back his wings, chirps for the hornets to go back to their resting spot. Then picks up the last remaining shelled egg.. carries it over to Garlus...
holding it out to him " here a gift for you brother, you shall decide fate of this last red scale larva "

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-09-01, 06:42 AM
Garlus studies the embryo to find that it has sharp teeth and a calcified spike on its nose. Its tail is as long as its body. And its scales more closely resemble smooth skin at this stage of development. It does not have wings and appears to be bipedal.

The ground shakes as Dhra's large stone hoof smashes into the ground with thundering force. A wave of slimey egg contents splashes out in all directions.

Authmion
2014-09-03, 08:28 PM
Zangretor gags with the sounds of the crushing eggs. almost appalled but trying to keep it together because he knows they are dragons, and will grow to destroy the world one day.

"I know we did the right thing.... but man.... makes you think"

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-09-03, 08:52 PM
"Don't think too much. You will get sick. Focus on the tasks at hand"

Kysh finishes pumping and packs his things.

"I'm leaving this slaughter"

Croverus
2014-09-03, 10:52 PM
Dhra collects the head of the big dragon once Kysh is finished with his alchemical procedure. He shoulders the head and bundles the hide up, keeping it on his back with his spear, javelins, and other gear, then heads out and begins scouting the path back to the Temple, saying nothing to the others. Just before leaving his kneels down, gathering up a bit of dirt and mixing it with the blood from the battle, scrawling designs into his hooves. They glow briefly along with the stones in his bracers, and he heads off at a sped matching a horses, and much to quick for anyone else to keep up with.

(Cast Long strider on self, it will last for 4 hours)

Krucik
2014-09-04, 03:03 PM
After giving the egg to Garlus ( and feeling the effects of his death watch spell fade )
Krucik begins looking around the back of the cave for another entrance for some hidden precious stones..
( search check )
([roll0] )

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-09-04, 03:54 PM
Krucik finds nothing but claw marks, from where the dragon had been excavating.

Stephen, seeing Dhra start off, matches pace with him. He speaks in common. "Would you like a hand with that? Doesn't look like an easy load."

Croverus
2014-09-04, 04:07 PM
Dhra slows enough to hand over the hide, to lift some of the burden. He nods to Stephen then resumes his scouting ahead.

Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

Krucik
2014-09-05, 01:27 AM
Stoping where the excavation site is he begins to study it further for more answers
( mining check )
( [roll0] )
( knowledge nature )
([roll1] )
( craft stonework check )
([roll2] )

GarlusIronbeard
2014-09-06, 07:26 PM
Garlus straps his stave and wooden shield to his back, and takes the egg with both hands. He ponders a moment watching Krucik, then speaks.

"Bugman Krucik, when you are able, perhaps take a look at the entrance to this Terra opening. Those that have hatched are not found here...but they may not be far. These others that were within their shells do not have wings, so they might likely be nearby, and afoot."

Garlus then proceeds to the entrance of the cave.

Krucik
2014-09-06, 11:07 PM
Replies back in common
" yes brother... I do this now... "
(Search check)
([roll0])
(Knowledge nature check)
([roll1])
As he immediately begins looking for this terra

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-09-07, 05:16 PM
You don't find any discernable tracks.

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-09-08, 11:07 AM
Kysh'Nal leaves the cave and begins to head back toward the Temple.

Krucik
2014-09-08, 05:32 PM
Moving 10 feet toward the entrance..he gets an idea..
( begin casting comprehend language)
then proceeds another 10 feet towards garlus..

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-09-09, 10:16 AM
Ya~Khan walks up to Krucik, and speaks in common. "You did well bug man Krucik. The Umber smile on you this day." He then drops a small stone in Krucik's hand. "A relic from the first war. We were not told what they are for."

Trizzi and Crug turn and begin to make their way back, following Dhra's lead.

Authmion
2014-09-09, 10:33 AM
Zangretor goes outside into the forest to get some fresh air. Taking deep breaths to clear his head and nose, he wipes his blades on some grass, cleaning them off enough to wipe them with a cloth. As he clears his mind and body of the violence and death, he sees them starting to run off. Sheathing his kukri, he takes off running and quickly catches up with them. (50ft movement x running bonus's)

"hey guys wait up!"

GarlusIronbeard
2014-09-09, 02:29 PM
Garlus follows, trundling along slowly with egg in hands.

Krucik
2014-09-10, 03:31 AM
look of curiousity and confusion as he recieves this stone from Yah Khan... as he keeps pace with him..
he replies back in common in that all too familiar emotionless voice " perhaps I see what it means cousin? Yet, the Umber Shine on us all... no matter the day or nite. I tell you and brother if I find something on this "
studying the stone
( craft stone work )
([roll0] )
( mining check )
([roll1] )
( knowledge Nature)
([roll2])
(knowledge religion )
([roll3] )
(spot check )
([roll4] )

Krucik
2014-09-10, 02:19 PM
In common to yah khan " Cousin, I meditate with stone now as I close to finding truth of it.. tell brother garlus to wait please."
with that scamper off slightly to the side of the path of our present course...extending his wings signaling his hornets to be on defense..
pressing the stone to his chest krucik begins to meditate

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-09-10, 02:29 PM
Krucik begins to meditate with the stone. Before long the stone begins to glow. The light becomes brighter and brighter until it explodes into a cloud of dust. The dust begins to adhere to Krucik's carapace then it seems to absorb into his body. Krucik then jolts back to a lucid state.

Krucik
2014-09-10, 05:35 PM
" wwhOAH!! " he belts out in common.." GIANT Yah Khan!! GIANT GARLUS!!! HOLD Please"
which point he immediately takes off runing for the group
( full round movement + RUN )
as he takes off running at Garlus and the Minituaren in full speed
( travels 100ft )

Authmion
2014-09-13, 11:20 AM
Zangretor looks at kruik while he runs

"whats up with him..." he mumbles very quietly to himself.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-09-13, 12:35 PM
The long walk back is eerily quiet.

Dhra, Stephen, and Zangretor near the temple first, about 10 minutes ahead of the rest of the party, with Hermand and Yuarin bringing up the rear another couple of minutes behind.

(Dhra, and Z roll spot)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-09-18, 09:05 AM
Ok, the rest of the party catches up with Dhra, Stephen, and Zangretor who seem to be stopped about fifty yards from the temple looking at something. (If anyone else wishes to roll spot you may do so now.)

Authmion
2014-09-18, 09:12 AM
Zangretor calls out to the party. "hey guys.... Who you think that is?"

His hands lightly holds onto the handles of his kukri sheathed at the small of his back, nervous.

GarlusIronbeard
2014-09-18, 03:56 PM
Garlus travels slowly, listening to what Krucik has to say, until the group comes upon the temple. He growls low in his throat, and speaks quietly in common. "The temple is under siege." With that, he calmly sets the egg down at his feet, and grips his necklace, baring his square teeth. With vehemence he casts his hand out, focusing on the thickest concentration of the enemy around the wall they are currently facing. (casting Entangle)

Croverus
2014-09-19, 05:12 AM
Dhra follows up on Garlus's plan by picking another clustered group of enemies , grabbing up handfuls of dirt as his bracer quartz glows red, and he thrusts out his hand and summons roots to further impede the enemy. (casting entangle centered on the second largest concentration)

In mintauran, "Ranged weapons, pick off archers, let them come to us!"

Krucik
2014-09-20, 01:06 AM
( spot check )
( [roll0] )
( Hide check )
([roll1] )
at which point he looks for the nearest hiding spot to hide and dives into it.
( initiative check )
( [roll2] )
< if hide is successful >
he proceeds to signal the hornets to take defensive actions around him. then quietly, calmly, seeks the umber below and umber of earth for guidance...
(( krucik meditates for battle ))

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-09-21, 09:16 PM
Kysh tries to survey the situation.
[roll0]
His face goes pale as his keen vision recognizes their foes.
"The dead have risen to assault. The temple.... evil vile magik.... like krucik they walk again. "

He pleadingly. Looks to trixx.

"Please tell me you know how to stop them"

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-09-23, 02:10 PM
Trizzi responds to Kysh'Nal "How do you stop the dead? The dead should already be stopped. This thing that happened to Krucik was a mistake. I did not understand what I did. If these dead walk and they are your enemy then I will help you fight them. But I do not understand them any more than you."

Ya~Khan peers toward the temple and overhears Kysh'Nal's comment. (in Mintauran) "By the Umber, we will destroy them. But why do they attack the temple? And why do they walk?"

Stephen cracks his knuckles. (in common) "The Elders and those who live in that temple have been most kind hosts. I say we defend them as best we can. Even if I have to rip them apart at the joints."

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-09-24, 11:59 AM
Kysh'Nal sighs before taking a step back and facing the force attacking the Temple. He closes his eyes and inhales deeply. With three short quick bursts he exhales. Then once more he inhales deeply and exhales with three short bursts. Smoke begins rising from his mouth as he does his practiced breathing a third time. His eyes open wide with the third time. Bloodshot red as if he had been staring into a smokey fire for hours.

"Then Fuma's Fire will cleanse them"

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-09-25, 02:55 PM
Vines and roots rip from the ground for forty feet on either end of the temple wall capturing 8 assailants each leaving 13 assailants trapped in the 70 foot space between them. Oddly enough they don't seem to pay the vines any attention and continue to claw at the wall, some trying to climb it while others seem to want to dig through it. The occasional clang of a sword or morning star can be heard as it strikes the stone wall of the temple.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/TempleSiege2.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/shadowwalker19/media/TempleSiege2.jpg.html)

(my apologies, none of you are on the map yet, you are near the center 60' off map to the north. I couldn't make the map large enough to fit you in without everything being to small to figure out.)

IO:
Archers
Krucik
Zangretor
Kysh'Nal
Trixxi/Crug
Dhra
Ya~Khan
Garlus
Stephen
Enemy

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-09-26, 01:40 PM
As you watch, four archers atop the wall rain arrows down into the mass of attackers.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

Krucik busts out in a full sprint toward the center of the temple. (Run 100')

Authmion
2014-09-27, 04:06 PM
Zangretor draws his kukri from the small of his back, and starts running towards the now entangled enemy on the left side of the map. His arms behind him, as he drops low to the ground into the steps of the wind stance. (50ft movement x3, ignore difficult terrain, to move almost onto the fray, so next turn i can run in and mess them up)

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-09-28, 07:05 PM
Kysh'Nal Kurak'Tug presses on with great speed, Running 140 Feet forward to stand 10 feet from the row of enemies.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-09-29, 10:51 AM
Trizzi follows the lead and spurs Crug into a run, stopping short of their lines, and next to Kysh'Nal. (140')

Croverus
2014-09-29, 10:21 PM
Dhra hustles forward to get in range of the nearest walking dead, calling upon the fuma as his eyes laze with red light, the cracks in his form glowing. A sphere of spongy flame bursts into exists directly upon one of the dead, burning it's rotten flesh. Dhra takes careful control of the sphere, keeping it from touching the wall as best he can.

(Move up 40ft - still not on the map but I'm in range for my spell to work - Cast Flaming Sphere on teh closest space with an undead in it. Any creatures in that space takes [roll0] flame damage, reflex save DC 14 negates)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-09-30, 09:48 AM
Dhra sets one of the undead assailants ablaze, it crumples to the ground with flames licking up around it. Its limbs are still flailing about.

Ya~Khan runs up (120') and prepares to destroy the undead creatures.

GarlusIronbeard
2014-09-30, 02:45 PM
Garlus lumbers forward slowly, intent on the enemies before him, his guttural chanting flexing in tone. (movement 20 ft. toward the wall, cast shield of faith)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-10-01, 10:01 AM
Stephen runs forward, stopping just short of the wave of Undead.

A few of the entangled zombies turn and see you approaching, but since they cant break free they simply continue clawing and chipping away at the wall.
The center undead turn and begin to address the coming threat. The flaming one attacks Crug [roll0][roll1] Then the two in front of Stephen turn on him [roll2][roll3] [roll4][roll5].

The Archers take aim and fire upon their targets once more.
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8][roll9]
[roll10][roll11]
[roll12][roll13]

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/TempleSiege3.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/shadowwalker19/media/TempleSiege3.jpg.html)

Crug lurches back just in time to avoid the flaming arm of his attacker. Stephen dodges the first blow, only to be struck by the second.

The archers land three of four shots. The third archer on the wall pierces the skull of his target which then falls motionless to the ground.

Krucik
2014-10-01, 02:34 PM
Immediately fluttering his wings in which sends his hornet's in a defensive stir around him as he moves forward...
( move action 20FT )
clutching on to his sacred necklace forward and on high, krucik screams at the top of lungs...
" CREATURES OF STENCH HEAR ME... BY THE UMBER BELOW GET OUT...BY THE UMBER EARTH geET OOOUUUTTTTT!!!!! "
( Turn undead )

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-10-01, 03:17 PM
A bright light shines out from Krucik's pendant and turns the four nearest undead to dust in a flash

(Starting with the Rightmost undead within the left entanglement and moving three places to the right. The one directly below Kysh'Nal is still there.)

Zangretor is next.

Authmion
2014-10-01, 08:26 PM
Zangretor continues running into into the brush, his tiny frame, agility, as well as his training letting him run into the entangled brush, ignoring everything (step of the wind stance) he gets to a zombie (running into his space, no AoO, underfoot combat) and with a yell, he takes a cut at it.

[roll0] to hit (mountain hammmer)
[roll1]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-10-01, 08:41 PM
Zangretor, please roll a ref save.

Zangretor dodges the grasp of the entangling roots and slices deeply into an undead warrior.

Kysh'Nal is up.

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-10-01, 09:04 PM
Kysh'Nal moves 5 feet sw, and 10 ft south. Turning east he lowers his body, touching his shadow. Heat radiates off his body, a red light forming in his eyes and throat. Suddenly a gout of flame comes from his lips. (15 ft cone ref dc 15/half) [roll0] damage.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-10-01, 09:22 PM
As Kysh'Nal moves against the wall the walking corpse next to him lashes out.
AoO[roll0][roll1][roll2]{1 misses}

Kysh'Nal's flame licks around the first three zombies singeing hair and darkening the flesh and clothing of the first two. The flames add to the burning of the third which ceases to twitch and flail upon the ground.

Croverus
2014-10-02, 06:57 AM
Dhra moves closer to the wall, one hand extended towards the flame sphere he'd created. Watching Kysh bathe the undead in fire and kill his first target, Dhra wills the sphere to roll into the nearest one that had been hit by Kysh's flames.

(Move 50ft closer to wall. Roll flame sphere into zombie, dealing [roll0] flame damage, Reflex save DC 14 negates)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-10-02, 10:23 PM
Trizzi spurs Crug toward the wall, moving over the fallen zombie and up onto the wall of the temple. This provokes attacks from the undead on either side as they pass.
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
Once on the wall at head night Crug turns toward the east and sprays the attackers with acidic bile (30' line)
[roll4]acid

Meanwhile Ya~Khan is focusing on Dhra's firey sphere, his hand held out grinding a bit of coal and ash to dust between his fingers and letting it fall into the breeze. A low humming is heard as his eyes roll back into his head.
(Cast Animate Fire)
Suddenly a form steps out of the flames that resembles Ya~Khan but made of fire. It takes a step forward and lowers its horns, headbutting the corpse surrounded by the sphere.
[roll5]slam
[roll6]dmg
[roll7]fire

GarlusIronbeard
2014-10-03, 01:50 PM
Garl;us continues to lumber forward slowly, his chantings increasing in pitch and rythem, as his unarmoured body appears to begin to grow a tree-like shell. (movement 20' toward the wall, casting barkskin)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-10-06, 01:33 PM
Stephen punches the nearest Ghoul knocking the lifeless mass to the ground.

The Zombies then strike out.
Three attack Zangretor
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]
One attacks Kysh'Nal.
[roll6][roll7]
Two attack Ya~Khan's minion
[roll8][roll9] Takes [roll10]fire
[roll11][roll12] Takes [roll13]fire
One attacks Crug.
[roll14][roll15]
Two Attack Stephen.
[roll16][roll17]
[roll18][roll19]

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/TempleSiege4.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/shadowwalker19/media/TempleSiege4.jpg.html)

The archers take aim, and fire upon the zombies.
[roll20][roll21]
[roll22][roll23]
[roll24][roll25]
[roll26][roll27]

The only Zombie to hit, strikes Ya~Khan's flame minion and hurts itself as much as it does the minion.
All of the archers hit their marks, the Zombie that attacked Kysh'Nal falls motionless to the ground with an arrow lodged in its ribs.
(All zombies that are completely dead have been removed from the map.)

Krucik
2014-10-06, 02:16 PM
Moving forward 20ft towards the direction of yahkhan & trizzi
He screams at the top of his lungs...
" foul stench hear me now ... By the command of the umber below and umber of earth ....BE GONE !!!!!"
(Turn Undead)
([roll0])
Damage
([roll1])

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-10-06, 02:45 PM
((Krucik, you reversed your roll modifiers so I adjusted accordingly.))

Once again Kruick's pendant emits a bright light and 6 of the undead turn to dust around him.

(The one immediately right of Kysh'Nal is incapacitated but remains lying on the ground. The next 6 are gone, the next one below Stephen is incapacitated, leaving the far right one below Stephen as the only one standing between the two entangles.)

(Zangretor please roll ref save [dc14] before continuing)

Authmion
2014-10-06, 06:18 PM
Reflex save [roll0]

Authmion
2014-10-07, 04:33 PM
Zangretor, abandoning part of his training, attacks the zombie he is under with the force of a raging Minotaur!

he lashes out to the zombie above him

[roll0] to hit zombie in the middle
[roll1] Headbutt
[roll2] Mountain hammer

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-10-07, 06:40 PM
(Roll removal was approved. Mt.Hammer cannot be used in a full attack.)

The sound of bones breaking accompanies Zangretor's headbutt. (Misroll accounted for)

Kysh'Nal is up next.

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-10-07, 10:42 PM
Kysh'Nal assesses he would have to fight through more if he continued right down the wall. He moves up to 40 ft touching his shadow as he goes until he stands near Stephen. The heat around him is intense as waves of hot air flow off of him. He inhales deeply before unleashing another 15 ft cone of flame on the three next undead. (Ref Dc 15) [roll0] damage

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-10-09, 06:59 AM
Crug skitters east along the wall, when he comes to the first standing corpse he throws his mandibles around it and attempts to bite it into.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The halves of the target fall limp to the ground.

Croverus
2014-10-09, 10:12 PM
Dhra continues to advance towards the wall, his arms extended as he focuses on his sphere, guiding it into another corpse. He does his best to make sure the sphere doesn't make contact with the wall though, he does not want to set the walls on fire by accident.

(Damage [roll0], Reflex save DC 14 negates)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-10-12, 06:58 PM
Dhra's fireball moves 5ft to the west and completely emolates the fallen corpse next to it.

Ya~Khan moves 25ft southwest, his flaming minion mirrors his movement
and headbutts the next corpse (to the right of Zangretor)

[roll0]to hit
[roll1]dmg
[roll2]fire
[roll3]ref save vs entangle

GarlusIronbeard
2014-10-14, 03:02 PM
Garlus continues his slow march toward the wall. (movement 20 ft.)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-10-14, 04:15 PM
Stephen Raises his large boot and brings it down upon the fallen zombie before him, crushing its head like an overripe tomato.

The few Zombies still within reach of you guys try to fight back.
Two attack Zangretor.
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
One attacks Ya~Khan's minion. He is already on fire [roll4] fire dmg
[roll5] [roll6]
One Attacks Stephen.
[roll7] [roll8]

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/TempleSiege5.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/shadowwalker19/media/TempleSiege5.jpg.html)

The inside archers move toward the outside to get better shots, they line up their arrows and loose them once more.

[roll9] [roll10]
[roll11] [roll12]
[roll13] [roll14]
[roll15] [roll16]

Both Zombies miss Zangretor. The one next to Zangretor lands a solid blow to Ya~Khan's flaming minion, but the flames further engulf the burning corpse causing it to crumple to the ground in a writhing mass. The last strikes Stephen, blood spills down the large man's left leg.

Arrows fly wild as three of the archers miss their targets completely, only one hits and slightly damages her target.

Krucik is up.

Krucik
2014-10-14, 06:25 PM
(Move action)
Runs 20ft towards the wall & trizzi/ krug's location.
Focusing on the undead within range around them.
He erupts again in pure rage
(Turn undead)
([roll0])
Damage
([roll1])

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-10-14, 06:50 PM
Krucik produces yet another beam of bright light from his pendant. It flashes east along the temple wall turning all visible undead on the eastern side to dust instantly.

Zangretor is next

Authmion
2014-10-15, 06:38 PM
Zangretor barely dodges out of the way of the zombies as he lashes out at it with his kukri, focusing on hitting it hard and fast

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] Kukri dmg
[roll2] mnt hammer

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-10-16, 11:00 AM
Kysh'Nal moves 50 ft to the west, stopping short of the entangle spell, and leaving the eastern wall without offender. He holds there, in preparation to take a step back to avoid any attacks that may come. (Hold action to jump 10 feet back east should zombies move to attack me)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-10-18, 06:26 PM
Trizzi and Crug turn
and move 40' west.

Dhra moves closer to the temple. He drives his flaming sphere into the entangled zombies, burning the one to Zangretor's right to ash.

Ya~Khan follows suit pressing his minion into the entangle. The flaming visage headbutts the corpse that Zangretor is standing under and it crumples to the ground, narrowly missing the tiny Mintauran.

As most of the foes have been cleared and the rest are severely hampered by growth, the temple door creaks open. A small hooded Mintauran steps out and becons you to enter.

Once inside, you see archers atop all four walls indicating that the temple is completely surrounded. Indira is standing at the corner of the south and west walls and Yuarin who has finally caught up quickly takes a position on the east wall. Hermand rushes to the amphitheater and begins to sing a bolstering tune, the acoustics carry the song to the eastern and southern walls. Stephen hurries to close the door behind you as the last of you enter.

You are approached by Douglas who stands to his full height and looks none too thrilled to see Trizzi, Crug, and what's left of Krucik standing within the temple walls. "Explain yourselves." He exclaims.

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-10-21, 10:27 PM
Kysh'Nal raises his short arm to gain the attention of Douglas.

"Trixi and her brave companion, and mount came to the aid of the temple in a time of need Douglas. If you wish them out, I'll wait outside with them."

Krucik
2014-10-22, 12:13 AM
in the brief silence everyone hears a buzzing noise of krucik's wings as he thinks to his hornets signaling them to be on guard until douglas makes a move to attack.
before speaking, he begins to assess Douglas...
(sense motive on douglas)
([roll0])
with a very bad attempt at a callous tone to douglas in common he speaks
" I..no understand what answer, you seek. So how can we answer if we not know...what you wish for us to explain? "
" why Giant do you threaten ... my broth..( pauses) I .. mean giant garlus, n his colony when Umber send us to save this sacred place? "
(diplomacy check on douglas)
([roll1])

Authmion
2014-10-22, 08:22 PM
Zangretor dodges out of the way of the falling zombie, seeing the door open, he very quickly runs inside (runs as fast as possible) inside he pants a little before trying to speak up.

"Bad things... *pant* attacking.... the temple... had to ..... help..." he falls on his rump with his daggers still in his hands....

"so much blood... so much... death."

GarlusIronbeard
2014-10-24, 01:43 PM
As the doors open and the others of the party trundle through, Garlus backtracks to the egg, hefts it, and then continues toward the gates.

Krucik
2014-10-27, 01:53 PM
speaks back to Douglas..." so since there is a problem that is still not dealt with, I go get rid of it for you. Now SPEAKING of my brother...err Giant Garlus here he approaches".
Krucik starts to march toward the front gate... then stops and turns around before finishing his final thought to douglas...
" you welcome, Giant Douglas...As thanks to this colony you have one less red scale to deal with and one to eat...umber of earth and below be praised, hahaha.... enjoy the egg Giant Garlus gave you...now I finish solve your undead problem "
in which he immediately retracts his wings in brixxi he states " soldier's land and form up..." after doing so the hornets seem to disappear when his wings close.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-10-28, 09:40 AM
As Dhra's flame extinguishes he rushes inside and the gate slams shut, trapping Krucik inside. "Elder Douglas!" an archer shouts, dismounting the wall and coming toward you in a sprint. "This little destroyer" gesturing to Krucik "wields the light of the Umber. I have seen it. He destroyed these abominations, leaving nothing where they stood. I know it sounds strange, but it is true."

With that Douglas relaxes his posture "Hrmmph, well then, I suppose he has proven himself. But why does he now look like them?" gesturing to the walls, presumably referencing the undead hoard.

"Misunderstood magics and dark things, done for good reasons. We search for a cure." Trizzi speaks up. "We are with you against this enemy."

"Then we must understand what these things are and what they are after." Douglas replies. "Why do they lay siege, as futile as it may be, to our temple? We will need your help, both here and abroad. Choose which of you will seek answers abroad and which will stay. If this one wields power over these blighted sots then I suggest he and his kin go with the traveling party who do not benefit from our walls. But they will need help. Volunteers?"

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-10-28, 10:13 AM
Kysh speaks up.

"I dont think I belong in a place like this. Fuma would not approve. I will go."

He seems to be glaring at douglas for a moment before looking to the rest of the group.

GarlusIronbeard
2014-10-28, 02:54 PM
Garlus sets the egg down and replies to Douglas in common.

"Garlus will travel with those whom seek answers outside of these walls. Firstly though, we bring the head of the giant beast that has plagued these lands." Garlus nods back toward the head of the mother dragon. "We have also prevented the birth of her ilk, and Garlus brings one of her hatchlings who has not left its nest to be studied by the elders. It is perhaps wise to keep the egg in a warm place, and under guard, perhaps at the forge. Garlus would know when these defiled and rancorous assailants began their attack, from which direction they came, and if they are being led."

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-10-31, 08:12 AM
"I see" Douglas says, peering at Dhra carrying the giant head. As Garlus suggests keeping the egg warm, he replies "So you would have us hatch this thing within our walls? It would be a risk, but I suppose we could study the creature in its infancy. Very well." When asked about the undead he lowers his head, just then the young archer speaks up. "They arrived, not long after your party left. And they came from the same direction as you did before. To be honest, at first we thought you had been followed, but they stayed rather than pursued you all. What? What are they?"

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-10-31, 10:31 AM
Kysh'Nal speaks up again, a scowl still on his face.

"If it is just a child, it may be broken, and retrained to fight against its brethren. As they are so powerful when they grow up, one upon our own side would not be so upsetting. If they are like children, they can be taught the right way, unless they are born within innate knowledge. Like animals can be domesticated, so might these creatures."

He looks back out toward the gate.

"They are the dead. Ive had to kill some of those men twice now. The dead walk. "

Krucik
2014-11-01, 04:30 PM
speaks in common to guards at the door" giants...open the gate... I go fight the foul stench outside "
(diplomacy check)
([roll0])
<if successful I go running 20 feet out the door >
( Initiative Check)
([roll1])
(spot check)
([roll2])

Authmion
2014-11-03, 11:22 AM
Soo.... Those were already dead men? " he shudders" what could have done this? And hatch the dragon?? Why?! No! Let's kill it now! You can't tame such a powerful beast! It will know we are beneath it! The little study i have of them has led me to know this! " Zangretor stands defiantly.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-11-05, 08:59 AM
With the Door closed Krucik heads to the battlements with the archers. Three more times he summons light from his stone pendant. The first burst of light destroys 7 of the menacing creatures. The second time the light flashes so brightly that the hornets tear themselves from beneath Krucik's wings and fly away into the sky as far as they can, and two more of the undead turn to dust. The third time 6 more undead disappear into oblivion. The archers atop the wall stand in amazement, but this has clearly taken a toll on Krucik and he cannot continue without resting and recuperating.

The egg is carried to the smithy, despite Zangretor's protest.

"You may stay here for a few days to heal, rest, and supply. After that I must ask you to go out and find the source of this uprising."

Authmion
2014-11-05, 11:51 AM
Zangretor sighs watching the egg go. "this is a mistake... Maybe this is what they mean when history is doomed to repeat itself...." he mutters quitely to no one in particular he heads to his own home temporarily to get cleaned up, and clear his head before heading out again. Tired from the long journey and fighting.

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-11-08, 10:10 PM
Kysh'Nal frowns at Douglas again. He resists spitting at him, but its obvious he has a sudden distaste for him. He goes to the Barraks that were provided at his last visit and goes to rest. Planning to share his new collection with the potions woman later.

Krucik
2014-11-12, 09:39 AM
giving into his loss of energy and weakness krucik crawls off the walls and into a place more suitable for rest/meditation, as he does so one's that do notice him seem to hear incoherent mumblings as if speaking to himself or the umber itself.
( hide check )
([roll0])
< once hidden I begin to meditate/rest >

STDM Grizzly Ad
2014-11-15, 11:03 PM
Krucik disappears behind some hay bales to meditate, the rest of you bed down in your own places and rest. The next day passes, the archers continue to fire upon the unyielding siege of decaying flesh. Enitan speaks to each of you in turn as she meets you about the temple grounds. She explains that she has uncovered some information regarding the stones she gave each of you before you left. She is planning a meeting in the evening and asks everyone to attend.

Darius Vibrtrar
2014-11-16, 03:11 PM
Kysh'Nal finishes his nap before paying the medicine herbalist woman a visit. Thanking her again for the potion extracting contraption. He offers her a look upon his flesh for her own research, as something attached itself to him, making his flash dark... something of shadow.

Krucik
2014-11-17, 04:30 PM
after time passes he comes to from his meditative state feeling recharged and full of purpose he approaches the battlements again as he says audible enough to those around him to hear...
" to all.. that hear...today be the day.... this foul stench.. be gone...from this place....for I go now to fight this stench head on...by night we celebrate VICTORY!!! "
(in briixi) " umber hear me now, give me the strength of a giant so I may smash these abominations into nothingness and cleanse this sacred ground "
at which point he grabs his necklace and presses his claw onto his chest
( cast Bull's Strength)
(roll for initiative)