PDA

View Full Version : What shall be Miko's fate? [spoilers]

Eva of Banjo
2007-02-27, 05:00 PM
So what does the future hold for our dear ex-paladin? I couldn't really tell you, especially after #419, but on the other hand I think we should hold off a bit before ruling out the possibility of her going blackguard. After all, Anakin Skywalker was a bit appalled when he first was finding out about Palpatine, but we all know what happened later. I'll include some possibilities in the poll. Let's discuss! :smallsmile:

moleytov
2007-02-27, 05:08 PM
If we are going to discuss plot progression then the thread title should include "[spoiler]" because otherwise the giant gets unhappy....

assuming that'll be fixed...
I foresee her redeeming herself - I don't see blackguard happening now.

TheOtherMC
2007-02-27, 05:09 PM
Let the theories fly! Miko lovers on the left, everyone else in the world, on my right.

zoobie
2007-02-27, 05:10 PM
She'll redeme herself to the point that she again becomes a paladin but she'll remain insufferable.

Green Bean
2007-02-27, 05:16 PM
There are so many different possibilities. She could redeem after a long and arduous personal journey. She could redeem five seconds after getting escaping from prison as a commentary on the atonement spell. She could die saving the world. She could die releasing the Snarl. She could end up saving the OotS's life. She could attack them the moment she gets free. She could marry thog and have a couple of half-half-orc babies. Anything is possible.

moleytov
2007-02-27, 05:38 PM
She could marry thog and have a couple of half-half-orc babies. Anything is possible.
Is a quarter-Ork, multiclassed barbarian/paladin (obviously it wouldn't have to take their classes but suppose...) plausible???

bluish_wolf
2007-02-27, 05:41 PM
I think that she'll just stay a fallen paladin. To become a blackguard you have to accept the path of evil, and she isn't going to be doing that anytime soon. Likewise, she's too narrow minded to redeem herself. She still considers the Order of the Stick to be her enemy, after all.

TheOtherMC
2007-02-27, 05:42 PM
Is a quarter-Ork, multiclassed barbarian/paladin (obviously it wouldn't have to take their classes but suppose...) plausible???

Well not with that attitude...

Green Bean
2007-02-27, 05:44 PM

Sure, as long as you don't need to rage or smite evil.

TheOtherMC
2007-02-27, 05:44 PM
I just may have thought of the greatest scenario for Miko's "Awakening." She doesnt see "the light" or "the dark"...get this.....she sees the comic I would love to see her reaction after taking one step outside the panels. Hell seeing the comic's name alone...

EDIT: Why no spoiler tag? Come on.....like thiswould ever happen...

Demented
2007-02-27, 05:47 PM
Oops, didn't notice there was a thog option.

Miko will be a ____.

Really. It's just an ambiguous enough poll option that I can put my mind around it. Seeing as how I can fill it with 'all of the above'.

Tiako
2007-02-27, 05:50 PM
I am almost positive Miko will redeem herself in some way in the upcoming battle.

bluish_wolf
2007-02-27, 05:54 PM
Oops, didn't notice there was a thog option.

Miko will be a ____.

Really. It's just an ambiguous enough poll option that I can put my mind around it. Seeing as how I can fill it with 'all of the above'.

Miko will be a puppy.
Miko will be a pirate.
Miko will be a mysterious space monster.
Miko will be a ninja.
Miko will be a conquering warlord.
Miko will be a god.
Miko will be a miko.

TheOtherMC
2007-02-27, 08:48 PM
Miko will be a puppy.
Miko will be a pirate.
Miko will be a mysterious space monster.
Miko will be a ninja.
Miko will be a conquering warlord.
Miko will be a god.
Miko will be a miko.

Oh god....I feel a game coming on....

Miko will be a giraffe
Miko will be a bookkeep
Miko will be a stableboy
Miko will be a robot
Miko will be a proscecuting attorney with spikey hair
Miko will be a paladin (.....pshh...yeah right...)

ozymand1as
2007-02-27, 09:00 PM
She'll become the random character that does nothing (except turn commoner and be a pain to everyone...)

yenober
2007-02-27, 11:32 PM
(sung to the tune of "SPAM")

Thog Thog Thog Thog Thog Thog Thog Thog Thog Thog Thog Thog

Wonderful Thog! Oh Beautiful Thog!

I'm just glad Thog was an option. Spam would have been just as good......

Demented
2007-02-27, 11:45 PM
Oh gods, yenober, why? WHY?
There are dead puppies raining from the skies!

thehothead
2007-02-27, 11:47 PM
Miko will be a emu on acid
Miko will be an intergalactic hitchhiker
Miko will be a he-Miko
Miko will be a time traveling immortal with the goal of insulting all life in the universe in alphabetic order

Donovan
2007-02-27, 11:55 PM
She's totally going Blackguard, between her arrogence and self-rightousness she is clasic LE blackguard material.

Baalzebub
2007-02-28, 01:55 PM
C'mon Miko, join the Dark Side and become a Blackguard baby!

Talyn
2007-02-28, 08:21 PM
Miko will redeem herself, probably learning a Valuable Lesson(tm) in the process.

And then die. Probably heroically. Probably in a manner that makes the OotS go "well, crap. I guess we can't hate her now." And then Belkar will make a crass remark, and everyone will walk off.

Except Belkar, who will probably look to make sure no one is watching and then do something out of character - either look sad, or adjust her body so that it lies with dignity, or cover her face, or something of the like.

That is my prediction, and I'm sticking to it.

TARINunit9
2007-02-28, 08:35 PM
She'll most likely die when Xykon's army blows up the prison!

lonewolf23k
2007-02-28, 09:25 PM
Here's what I think should happen.. During the big invasion, a stray fireball hits the dungeon. This knocks out Belkar and Miko, but frees the Linear Guild. Nale, being the overcomplicated sadist that he is, decides not to kill the Paladin and Ranger, and instead grabs some shackles and chains them at the ankle before escaping.

The Paladin and Ranger soon wake up only to discover their predicament. And just before they lunge at each other, are set upon by some of the Hobgoblin invaders. After managing to defend themselves as best they can, Miko realizes and manages to convince Belkar that even if one of them killed the other, then he/she would just be stuck having to drag the other through the streets. This would force the two to cooperate just to survive long enough to find a way to break free. In order to prove her word, Miko could take an oath not to let Belkar get harmed, at least until they're free...

...And after Miko would gain some newfound respect for the Order of the Stick by watching them in action saving the people of Azure City, she would die trying to protect Belkar, thus causing him to be (indirectly) responsible for her death...

Edit: ...I think Rich has pretty much crashed the possibility of Miko turning Blackguard with #419.

TroyXavier
2007-02-28, 10:01 PM
It's looking like redemption which I think is a good thing.

Mr Teufel
2007-02-28, 10:12 PM
I just may have thought of the greatest scenario for Miko's "Awakening." She doesnt see "the light" or "the dark"...get this.....she sees the comic I would love to see her reaction after taking one step outside the panels. Hell seeing the comic's name alone...

EDIT: Why no spoiler tag? Come on.....like thiswould ever happen...

I like this, it's funny. Which I think is an important point to remember when speculating on future OotS plot points.

The world is full of creatures from the lower planes, so a future descent to Blackguard is not beyond the realms of possibility. Improbable in the short term, granted.

I'd like to see something like her fall to blackguardhood, and following final redemption, just for all the Star Wars jokes that would imply.

Jeff_the_pirate
2007-03-01, 01:41 AM
Oh gods, yenober, why? WHY?
There are dead puppies raining from the skies!

I'm going to assume that's a reference to Oblivion, and if so, you are my idol.

And... hmmmm, Miko is a bit tough. Could go either way honestly. Seems to be a redeem herself in the end type though.

RMS Oceanic
2007-03-01, 06:01 AM
I vote for redemptive sacrifice in the final battle. She'll be antagonizing pretty much everyone else in the strip until then, methinks.

PostMortem
2007-03-01, 06:23 AM
I think she'll keep trying to redeem herself. But due to her twisted logic everything she does to redeem herself will just make things worse. However she won't understand why, she'll always consider herself right.

oball
2007-03-01, 06:55 AM
After all, Anakin Skywalker was a bit appalled when he first was finding out about Palpatine, but we all know what happened later.

Yes, but Rich Burlew is a much better storyteller than George Lucas. Anakin's conversion to the Dark Side was done in the most ham-fisted manner possible.

Galad
2007-03-01, 09:22 AM
Best fate for her would be to execute her on account of murder and high treason.

"Note I disapprove death penalty in real life, but this is a comic and I really hate her."

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-01, 10:18 AM
I think she may go blackguard (she seems to change her "theory" a lot TBF), but I don't think its a sure thing.

To be honest I hope whatever happens involves ninjas, monkeys, pirates and/or robots.

Silverlocke980
2007-03-01, 12:39 PM
I agree; I think Blackguard was ruined in #419; and I want to see her redeemed.

I think it's mostly to make up for the fact I had unadulterated hatred for her until comic #419, where she so calmly snaps Sabine's neck and then sits down to pray. Miko really is confused; and she's holding to honor in the ways she knows how.

Wow. Almost makes me like her.

Almost.

DomaDoma
2007-03-01, 12:46 PM
Best fate for her would be to execute her on account of murder and high treason.

"Note I disapprove death penalty in real life, but this is a comic and I really hate her."

They do mention it specifically as a capital crime in #420...

Liliedhe
2007-03-01, 01:39 PM
I hope she will redeem herself. Or maybe she will die trying. :(

yenober
2007-03-01, 01:55 PM
Just to throw a curveball..... :smallyuk: Oedipus is my suspicion.

I have made the observation before. But I have not see may of the implications reflected in the forum. I know it is a classical theme, but it would put her eventualy in the "blind swordsman" mold. Very eastern... :smallcool:

Downside: Oedipus, not that funny. :smallconfused: Of course I'm sure Mel Brooks could do something to it. :smallbiggrin:

Meshakhad
2007-03-01, 08:35 PM
After 419, I doubt Miko will become a blackguard. She's still repulsed by true evil. I see her as eventually escaping, and attempting to hunt down the Order of the Stick. She'll probably turn against the Sapphire Guard as well (assuming they survive the battle), descending towards evil pretty quickly.

Oh, and she WILL survive the coming battle. Reason: she and the Linear Guild are in the antimagic cell block, rendering them immune to any explosions, whether from Xykon (a popular theory) or from the doomsday spell Shojo left on the sapphire as the booby trap from hell. Should my theory be correct, and Azure City goes boom, Miko might join up with the Linear Guild for a short time - if nothing else, to ensure their mutual survival. Sabine might be able to convince her to become a blackguard with the following tactic:
:sabine: So, Miko, once we find the Order of the Stick, how exactly do you plan to take them down?
:miko: What do you mean?
:sabine: Well, we're outnumbered as it is, and you have lost your paladin powers. I don't see the battle going well.
:sabine: However, I could provide a substitute for those powers - become a blackguard.
(maybe a little more banter)
:miko: OK, but I'm not wearing black leather.
:sabine: *sigh* Fine.

In fact, I could see Miko joining the LG for a long time, especially if she goes blackguard. They have a common enemy after all - the Order.

Meanwhile, following the obliteration of Azure City, Hinjo allies with the Order to rescue the remaining gates. Hinjo and Miko become evil opposites.

Freelance Henchman
2007-03-02, 05:54 AM
... talkshow host!

No, I don't really know what she can do at this point. I'm hoping for redemption, but it may be more "complicated" than that. I doubt that she has played out her role already.

Even though her sanity is frail at best currently, I would still count on her to side against Xykon and Redcloak as well as the Linear Guild, unless the situation is even slightly unclear. Whenever Roy and the Order of the Stick is around, she automatically (and comically) seems to choose the worst possible path.

Dreistein
2007-03-02, 06:10 AM
Hmm...

What about: gets slain by Xykon and raised as Death Knight? Bound to his will and suffering of the mere thought?