PDA

View Full Version : [EP]The Jovian Job

Zavoniki
2014-07-07, 02:19 PM
The Briefing:

Greetings Firewall Agents, I am Proxy Bolivar. I know this is a bit disorienting and your probably confused. Firewall has discovered the possibility of a Code Black item(Extinction Possible) in the Jovian Republic. We don't have a team in place in the Jovian Republic that is capable of handling a mission of this delicacy, so we were forced to improvise. You are all alpha forks of your most recent backup. We've provided you with some equipment and morphs per what you are used to(OOC: Your starting gear). In addition you are currently on an asteroid headed to Ganymede. It will arrive in 60 days. The asteroid is equipped with basic life support, a fusion reactor, and an industrial fabber. You should have all the raw materials you need to be... creative.

Your target is the Castle, the center of Jovian domestic espionage. One of our agents was able to identify a document in the Castle that references something called Project Goldfish, the destruction of the Titanian Commonwealth, and little risk to the Jovian Republic. We can only assume that some kind of TITAN tech is involved. We want you to infiltrate the Castle, locate the file, and extract with the information. Ultimately we will need to stop this Project Goldfish if possible. We have an old base on Ganymede that hasn't been used in years so it should be below the Jovian radar. It has an egocaster that you should be able to get too, and several dozen Flats and Splicers. An agent should have dropped off ID's for you to use.

A few precautions have been taken in order to ensure that if you fail, Firewall is not harmed. First all sensitive information about Firewall procedures and locations has been removed from your mind. Second, all your morphs have kill switches installed. Do not remove these. Finally we ask that you not contact your old identities for help, or anyone who knew you well. The chances are that even if you do succeed you will be black listed by the Jovian Republic and possibly be a vector for TITAN tech.

Get in to the Castle, get the file, get out. Good luck. Transhumanity is counting on you.

The Characters:

The Grue as Quin Westermark (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2wVEsgubQs7N3haM3I0bjBtbjA/edit).

cgrela as Background: Scumborn
Faction: Scum

Ego
COG 20
COO 15
INT 20
REF 15
SAV 25
SOM 15
WIL 15

Stats
TT 6
LUC 30
IR 60
WT 7
DUR 35
DR 53
MOX 2
INIT 7
SPD 1
DB 1

Armor
Energy = 5
Kinetic = 7

c-rep = 0
e-rep = 0
f-rep = 30
g-rep = 30
i-rep = 20
r-rep = 30
Networking: Ultimates = 0
Networking: X = 0

Ego Traits:
First Impression (Level 1), Social Butterfly (Level 1), Edited Memories (Level 1), Errant Fork (Level 1)

Morph Traits:

Implants:
Implants: Enhanced Hearing, Enhanced Smell, Enhanced Vision, Eidetic Memory, Bioweave Armor (light), Emotional Dampers, Enhanced Pheromones, Medichines

Gear:
Gear: Motes, Microbug, Drive, Klar, Grin, MRDR, Comfurt, Orbital Hash, Utilitool, Backup Insurance (mod), Passive ID Protection, Facial/Image Recognition, XP (Low), Relationship Mapping, Standard Muse, Armor Clothing (w/ Shock Proof), Medium Rail Pistol (w/ Smartlink,Safety System, Laser Sight), (144x) Regular Pistol Rounds
Credits = 578

Melee:
Weapon Skill
Unarmed 15

Ranged:
Weapon Skill
Medium Rail Pistol 65
Thrown 15

Skills
Academics: Memetics: 50COG
Academics: Political Science: 50COG
Academics: Psychology: 50COG
Animal Handling: 25SAV
Art: Performance: 50INT
Beam Weapons: 15COO
Blades: 15SOM
Climbing: 15SOM
Clubs: 15SOM
Deception: 65SAV
Disguise: 20INT
Flight: 15SOM
Fray: 55REF
Freefall: 45REF
Freerunning: 35SOM
Gunnery: 20INT
Impersonation: 55SAV
Infiltration: 35COO
Infosec: 30COG*
Interest: Underground XP: 50COG
Interest: Conspiracies: 50COG
Interest: Rimward Politics: 50COG
Interfacing: 20COG
Intimidation: 35SAV
Investigation: 50INT
Kinesics: 65SAV
Kinetic Weapons: 55COO
Language: English: 90INT
Language: Mandarin: 50INT
Navigation: 20INT
Networking: Autonomists: 75SAV
Networking: Criminals: 65SAV
Networking: Ecologists: 35SAV
Networking: Firewall: 55SAV
Networking: Hypercorps: 45SAV
Networking: Media: 55SAV
Networking: Scientists: 35SAV
Networking: Gatecrashers: 25SAV
Networking: Ultimates: 25SAV
Palming: 15COO
Perception: 60INT
Persuasion: 75SAV
Pilot: Aircraft: 15REF
Pilot: Anthroform: 15REF
Pilot: Exotic Vehicle: 15REF
Pilot: Groundcraft: 45REF
Pilot: Spacecraft: 15REF
Pilot: Watercraft: 15REF
Profession: Social Engineering: 50COG
Profession: XP Production: 50COG
Protocol: 65SAV
Psychosurgery: 20INT
Research: 40COG
Scrounging: 30INT
Seeker Weapons: 15COO
Spray Weapons: 15COO
Swimming: 15SOM
Thrown Weapons: 15COO
Unarmed Combat: 15SOM

jolinaxas as Ophelia (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5UZ92HzuzVWelJZV01BdVI2ZW8/edit).

NineOfSpades as Agent Jean Chambers (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B44uVpmU5ipkZ3dkRzhPYUFqRGM/edit)

Brief History:

Game Begins. Players are on an Asteroid heading toward Ganymede.

Opening
After re-instantiating in Simulspace and hearing the briefing from Proxy Bolivar, you are given administrator rights to everything connected to the Simulspace. This includes the Asteroids systems, which include a Farcaster(preprogrammed with an address on Ganymede), a Fusion Reactor, a Fabber, several rooms with Morphs and Gear in them(each room will have one characters gear and Morph), and a separate comm system from the Farcaster if you just want to talk to someone else in the solar system.

OOC: In terms of getting more information/doing stuff a lot of this depends on what you all want to do. You can go to Ganymede, you can use your Rep/Networking to learn more about the castle. The Fabber will build anything you have Blueprints for happily and if you have a skill that interacts with it(Hardware skills being the biggest one but some Programming and maybe others could help) you could ask it to make other things. You could also just wait 60 days and do the heist with no prep work, but I would not recommend that.

jolinaxas
2014-07-08, 07:56 AM
Ophelia hung from one of the zero-g handholds by her feet, glaring upside-down (as much as one could be in microgravity, at least) at the fabber. After a discussion with her muse, Henri, the two were stumped as to how to get the cursed machine to accept the blueprint for "Martian Wave" orbital hash she'd picked up a few months back from a Barsoomian friend.

"Man, these things are useless without one of those cool Maker dudes running them. And they know how to party, too. Oh well, I'll just tell Henri to keep trying. I'm dying for a smoke."

She kicked off from the wall and headed towards operations while she sent a message over the mesh.

<To Party>"So, we got kind of a long haul ahead of us. The way I figure it, we need to check out the Castle, make sure we're not doing or wearing anything that'll get us lynched by crazy biocons, and figure out how we're going to get off this kinda-ship when we're in Jovian orbit."

"Henri, you can stop concentrating on the hash for a second - get on the farcaster and give Circle-A a check. Maybe some enterprising Titanians or bored brinkers have a little more information on how to blend in. I get the feeling that most Jovians don't have fully articulated feet, for one. I hope they make shoes for this sort of thing..."

Networking:Autonomists (TN 60)[roll0]