PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf Central

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Alarra
2007-03-29, 12:18 PM
I disagree completely with the idea that you cannot be in any other games when you are narrating them. A lot of people do perfectly fine narrating as well as playing another one.

Narrating more than one? Probably not the best idea, but I don't think that we need to make it an official rule. It depends on the person. Look at yourself....could you narrate more than one game....AND give each one the attention it deserves? For most people that would be a no....but some people could.

And limiting the number of games people are in? I don't think that's a good idea either. Some people have time and can join all of them and keep them straight and give them the attention they deserve, and a lot of the games are very different.

That being said, I definitely think staggering start dates is a must.

Currently....I feel that I am in far too many games, and I am relieved that Aliens seems to have fallen through and that I'm dead in VI, so that's something I'm going to refrain from trying to do in the future, but I don't think it's something we should force people to follow.

Joosbawx
2007-03-29, 12:45 PM
That's actually probably the best way, Alarra. I know that I don't want to be the one that has to police who's playing gin what and died when so is free to join that except for they're narrating this. Ugh!

If people just decide what they want to play in, and stick with it, then that's best. Also, with what Death did at the beginning of his game, it eliminates some of those that forgot about the game before roles are assigned.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-03-29, 12:45 PM
I think you just want to Narrate more than one game. Pirates and my WW but understandable my WW is going to be the best.

Alarra
2007-03-29, 12:51 PM
Hey, I turned down narrating a third at once. It's not my fault people want my organizational skills.

Castaras
2007-03-29, 01:00 PM
I might try and restart Alien Invasion, if people want it to start sometime. I'll wait though, since there seems to be other games going on at the moment. And only if PGCoD doesn't mind.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-03-29, 01:12 PM
I know...Your organization skills are unequalled and that is why I asked you to be my co-narrator. You are the Goddess of Perfectly Organized Pudding in the Playground.

Supagoof
2007-03-29, 03:10 PM
Hey, I turned down narrating a third at once. It's not my fault people want my organizational skills.
That and your GM ability to PM more then 5 at once, plus your ability to edit threads that aren't yours. In a D&D world, you bring a lot of bonuses to the table. :smallamused: :smalltongue:

I'm definitely up for starting a a timed start to games. Since there are many versions with more cooking up in the back of people's minds, I'm sure.

As for limiting people, leave that up to them. You need to decide if you can commit to X number of games. It shouldn't be the narrator's job to continously PM you to make sure you realized the game has started. They have a lot to do.
There are things that a narrator can do to assist with this.

A. Label the start time in the name of the thread.
B. Send the PM to each player giving them a role, even if they are a villager. Sometimes it's easy to group all those who are un-assigned a role into the "All the rest are villagers" category, but that creates the "I never received a PM letting me know the game had started" excuse.
C. Change the title of your thread as it corresponds to the game. Enrollment. Started. Closed. Ended. Etc....

I propose this again. Start a thread a week. If you get eliminated from one WW game, then at most you'll have to wait 6 days before the next one starts. Thus if you always want to be in X number of games, you can. If a mass auto-lynch happens, oh well. 6 days is not a long time.

But what counts as a start? Is it enrollment? is it when the game starts? I'd prefer to say enrollment, and make the enrollment period a week. Then, we systematically have one game enrolling at a time, plus one game starting each week. Of course, start time (kill narrator, PM's sent) could be weekly and work well too, as long as we say enrollment is open to at least 7+ days.

Since the games last 3+ weeks, I know after one ends we want to start the next one right away (It's exciting and fun), but I think if we just relax, wait out until our next start time (pending on schedule setup), then we'll not only stop the craziness, but we'll also be able to build more robust games. (Better stories, more thoughts on improvements or twists, etc....).

I also propose this. According to Llama's list, we have 7 games. (I putting 2 in for WW, 1 for WW and 1 for WWC). So, every 7th week one of those should start. If someone comes up with a new version they want to try, they would get added after the 7th week, turning it into an 8 week rotation. (And if they can convince one of the other versions to switch their spot in line, that would be fine too.)

My two cents.....

Joosbawx
2007-03-29, 03:20 PM
I could live with the above without any difficulty at all.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-29, 06:05 PM
I like a lot of what I'm seeing. I definitely agree with turning the auto-sign up list into an auto-notify list. That really just seems like common sense.

I also agree with just limiting games by starting time, and it doesn't really matter how you define starting time. One a week is good, but it probably depends on how many people we want in the average game. If you limit it to one every other week, the games are probably going to have a lot more people signed up. Personally I think 25-30 people makes for a good game, and perhaps even less than that. Mafia II was pretty riveting and had a pretty small number of players. If you start one only every other week I have a feeling the numbers would get alot higher.

In order to make it easier for multiple narrators to update a post is there any reason we can't make a few narrator accounts and any co-narrators can share the password? I've checked the forum rules and I don't see anything against sharing accounts. For example, me and Supagoof could create a Bandits_Narrator account so that either of us could update the first post and if necessary create a distinctive avatar (although mine is pretty distinctive I think). When it's over we can just hand off the account password to the next narrators. The same could be done for the other WW games of course.

Alarra
2007-03-29, 06:14 PM
No. While that would make it easier to update the first post of games, having alternate accounts will soon be not allowed at all. Sharing accounts like that could end up with someone abusing them as well. And what happens 6 or 7 rounds in when a previous narrator decides to login and change things in their favor? Not that I'm saying that's likely to happen, but it's something to consider.

And I think that 'start time' should be defined as when the game actually starts, not sign-up. For example, say WW VI were to end, sign-up for WW VII, could begin right away, but it would have to wait to actually start until its assigned spot in the rotation. And I very much do like the idea of having a rotation.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-29, 07:29 PM
This is just to let you know that my post on page 8 has been updated with the winners listed for most of the games.

inky13112
2007-03-29, 07:32 PM
I agree that auto sign up should be changed to aut notify, as people lose interests in these boards and games all the time, but if they don't ask to be taken off the sign up lists they continue to be added to games over and over, and a role PM doesn't help someone who never goes to the boards notice anything.

If we do change to auto notify, I'd like to be taken off all the lists, as I'm not going to add more work for the narrators when I can notice the games myself without clogging my PM box.

Paranoia Mk. 2 got canceled, and the computer won paranoia one. Heh thanks for posting that, I got to read the paranoia threads and finally understand all this 4th degree! Blue Serpent! nonsense. [insert smiley face, too lazy to hit go advanced and put in a real one]

Alarra
2007-03-29, 07:37 PM
I still don't understand the 4th degree! blue serpent! rivalry with decken and dld? weren't you both in the 4th degree? and in my sect of it? Or am I confused? I know it was me and the two of you on a team, until I betrayed you.

And I'm a fan of autonotify rather than sign-up.
And yeah, I don't think it's necessary to be on an autonotify list. I do however, think that all narrators need to post here when a game is recruiting.

inky13112
2007-03-29, 07:40 PM
Basically Captain Van der Decken was really a blue serpent person, and he was spying on your side. DLD really really trusted him, so when it turned out he was a liar, a fun little rivalry was born. Apparently you fell for it too. For the Blue 4th Degree! :smalltongue:

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-29, 08:17 PM
Actually, Van Der Decken was under my command. As I recall, I asked him to go deep cover. It worked, didn't it?

Supagoof
2007-03-29, 10:03 PM
You know, I did some checking. Most of the WW games have lasted at most 6 weeks. So with 7 types, at a week a piece, we could easily make this work.

I shall look up some more stuff tomorrow, and figure out a proposed order for start, based on future games and where the current ones are at.

As for the every other week, a good thought. However since the games are able to grow and shrink without much difficulty (add a role, drop a role) I do not see why a game a week will not work. This may also help those who sign up for every game with figuring out a balance to how any games they can play. With the rotation and average game length, only the very skillfull of players could possibly be in 6 games at once. And I doubt if you devote that much attention to a game to last to the end that you would be able to do that to 6 games at a time. Though some of you are quite the masters.

Google spreadsheets is pretty nice for coordinating between narrators, so even if PMs are sent to only one and not the other, it can be easily remedied by sharing the spreadsheet.

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-30, 04:52 AM
I still don't understand the 4th degree! blue serpent! rivalry with decken and dld? weren't you both in the 4th degree? and in my sect of it? Or am I confused? I know it was me and the two of you on a team, until I betrayed you. You are confused. :smallamused:

***memory lane***

And you also had police powers. Which you used to betray me (JX told me how I died and said it was someone from my own society with police powers). :smallannoyed:

What was funny too is Death, the Blue Serpent leader, made a deal with me to gang up on Decken (Selrahc ended up getting killed, but he was also Blue Serpent). And I got to control his votes in exchange for letting him live. :smallbiggrin:

He was like "We must eliminate 4th Degree!" And I was like "Yeah... right..." *shifty eyes* :smalltongue:

One more thing? The 4th Degree leader was the very first player to get killed (we are still the chaaaaaaampions!). :smallsigh:

***end memory lane***

And now... 4TH DEGREE!

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-03-30, 06:27 AM
What was funny too is Death, the Blue Serpent leader, made a deal with me to gang up on Decken (Selrahc ended up getting killed, but he was also Blue Serpent). And I got to control his votes in exchange for letting him live. :smallbiggrin:

He was like "We must eliminate 4th Degree!" And I was like "Yeah... right..." *shifty eyes* :smalltongue:

Look, look, I was just trying to join up with you until I could backstab you, I knew a lot, yet couldn't get enough of my team to actually be active. (I also believed I only voted with you once as well) At the moment all those "troops" of mine where inactive. I had no one to support me.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/z-t/Darkness4.png

It was a lonely time.

Selrahc
2007-03-30, 08:40 AM
I knew a lot, yet couldn't get enough of my team to actually be active.

Yeah... the chain of command broke right down. We knew a few Blue Serpents. All of whom were inactive throughout the game, and were autolynched.

Sigh.

Supagoof
2007-03-30, 09:17 AM
As promised...

{table]Week Start|Game|Version|Players (Left)|Start Date
4/1/2007|Pirates|2|Recruit|1-Apr
4/8/2007|Mafia|3|Recruit|8-Apr
4/15/2007|Ye Oide West|1|Recruit|16-Apr
4/22/2007|Rebellion|1|13|13-Mar
4/29/2007|Werewolves|6|22|27-Feb
5/6/2007|Aliens|1|24|9-Feb
5/13/2007|Empire|1|30?|12-Mar
5/20/2007|Werewolves Classic|3|31|22-Mar[/table]Does this work for a schedule? As for Paranoia, I'm not certain where it would fall on this list, probably before Rebellion, if we wanted to add it on and someone was going to narrate it.

Start date is when recruitment closes and the game kicks off it's first day/night.

Player (Left) are the number of players according to the first page that are left playing the game (for those that have an updated first page.....). My counts for those that didn't have the amount on the first page may be innacurate.

I ordered mostly by players left, then by start date. Some games (Aliens) haven't yet started due to technical difficulties, so there are a lot ofplayers left, even though the start date is way back when.

Mafia - I'm not certain if this is re-cruiting yet, or who would be running the next version, but I'll update that when I know more.

So, yay or neigh on this schedule. I figure with the number of players in the games, if we have 15 of one or the other that would be the majority.

:smallsmile: Yays - 9
:smallfrown: Neighs -
:thog: Thog - 1

I vote yay, of course.

edit: @V Thanks Kyrian - I fixed the formatting.

Kyrian
2007-03-30, 09:18 AM
I myself don't understand it all bunched together like that...but I trust Supagoof, so I vote yay.

Joosbawx
2007-03-30, 09:42 AM
Mafia III is narrated by myself and co-narrated by Gezina. I believe I'll have an update to post on the game on April 2nd with the roles and should be recruiting now. Recruitment thread can be found here:

Mafia III Recruiting Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38543)

Supagoof
2007-03-30, 10:06 AM
Mafia III is narrated by myself and co-narrated by Gezina. I believe I'll have an update to post on the game on April 2nd with the roles and should be recruiting now. Recruitment thread can be found here:

Mafia III Recruiting Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38543)

So is that a yay or neigh, Joosbawx? :smallamused:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 10:07 AM
yay for Goof the analyst and his grid of goodness.

Joosbawx
2007-03-30, 10:11 AM
Oh, yeah...It's a yea! I can abide by that schedule, at it will at least give players one more place to look to remind them about games in which they've signed up.

Kyrian
2007-03-30, 10:13 AM
Can someone just explain it to me? I'm confused as hell.

Supagoof
2007-03-30, 10:23 AM
Sure,

First Column - Week Start - Sunday of the week the game is to start. Recruitment can begin anytime before that date (Like Pirates, Mafia, and Ye Olde West are all open for sign-up right now.) But during that week, only that game can start. Games in progress will most likely end before the week they are to start comes around again.

Second Column - Name
Third Column - Version - Pirates is running for the second time, so it's version 2.
Fourth Column, Players (Left) - Players left in the game alive. If this number = 0, then game is over of course. Indicates about how much longer a game will last. Games in recruitment don't have the set amount of players yet.
Fifth Column, Start Date - Either the day recruitment closes and game officially kicks off OR the day the current running version of the game started.

I'll most likely make a google spreadsheet to update and publically share here. This is just a proposed one to see if everyone agrees.

Kyrian
2007-03-30, 10:34 AM
Oh...hehe...it's fixed and better understandable to me....thanks though for the explanation Goof, don't think I wouldv'e looked back at it if you hadn't. ;)

Gnome Barbarian
2007-03-30, 11:18 AM
I give a big yay for organization and hopefully WW VI ending soon so I can narrate. Go Wolves! Im confused how is the first column right if the last one is right?

Shadow
2007-03-30, 11:19 AM
:thog: I Vote Thog!:thog:

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-30, 11:31 AM
Looks good to me (yay), but I don't think WW6 has that many players left. I'm still on the live player list there but I'm dead.

Castaras
2007-03-30, 11:31 AM
Yay for organization!

:thog: Me sad you didn't vote for me Cassie.
:castaras: Wait, there's a Thog option?

Supagoof
2007-03-30, 11:50 AM
I give a big yay for organization and hopefully WW VI ending soon so I can narrate. Go Wolves! Im confused how is the first column right if the last one is right?

The first column - think of it as a reserved start date.

The last column - think of it as a past start date. I will probably remove it, but wanted to show what I used to come up with order that I did.

Yay for organization!

:thog: Me sad you didn't vote for me Cassie.
:castaras: Wait, there's a Thog option?

OF COURSE there's a Thog option. :smallamused:

Gnome Barbarian
2007-03-30, 11:55 AM
Oh ok so reserved start date doesnt matter if they have already started...got it.

Supagoof
2007-03-30, 01:20 PM
Oh ok so reserved start date doesnt matter if they have already started...got it.

Actually, that's what the point is about. The next version of the game would not be able to start until the Week Start date.

I'll use WW as an example.

So Werewolf 6 is in progress now. Werewolf 7 wouldn't begin until the week of April 29th. Recruitment can begin before that time (Up to narrator how soon to open recruitment.), but the first day of the game (where the narrators are killed) can not happen until 4/29/2007.

That help clarify?

Gnome Barbarian
2007-03-30, 02:01 PM
Ok great example cuz Im the narrator of WW VII

Raistlin1040
2007-03-30, 11:22 PM
I'm going to be gone for a week so please don't auto-lynch me in any games please. Also Spiderman!

inky13112
2007-03-30, 11:24 PM
I vote yipee! Yay! We rock! :smalltongue:

Alarra
2007-03-31, 11:15 PM
Pirates II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39175) has started.

DungeonMaster77
2007-04-02, 12:26 PM
Hey All,

Just wanted to put in my 2 cp, as I have read all the comments regarding start times for the various games. I think (and this is mainly for Lucky) that there should be an ammendment to the starting post for this sticky, with the current schedule of when games are going to start, and when recruiting will begin etc...I saw one in here and I think that it would be a good addition.

Supagoof
2007-04-03, 01:51 PM
Hey All,

Just wanted to put in my 2 cp, as I have read all the comments regarding start times for the various games. I think (and this is mainly for Lucky) that there should be an ammendment to the starting post for this sticky, with the current schedule of when games are going to start, and when recruiting will begin etc...I saw one in here and I think that it would be a good addition.

Yep, seems like we're all in agreement.

And, using google spreadsheet, I can add permission for others to update the spreadsheet as well. We should post it into the first post (*cough*, Lucky, *cough*, Alarra *cough*). Anyone who wishes to update the spreadsheet, I've included my e-mail at the top of it, so send me an e-mail and I'll set you up as an editor. (You will need a google login - it will prompt you to create one.) We can keep it updated via wikipedia style, where the group of us run it & update it.

Also in my sig, but here's the link...
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p0UxBstxYZ1MNh0hSi8F-YA

Alarra
2007-04-03, 04:53 PM
Okay....it's in the first post.....

And erm....I have a problem with the start date for WW VII.....I will not be online at all that week
The 29th is Sunday, and this is what that week looks like:
Tuesday: Lit review and references for Thesis due
Thesis protocol problem statement due
Art project due
Ind. Final Paper Due
Wednesday: Case Presentation
Thursday: Art Project due

And then I start comps.....

So yeah, ..... dunno if Gnome Barbarian will be okay with me not being there the first 2 weeks? Or if we want to switch it to later? Or if someone else wants to take my spot as co-narrator? But yeah....not happening, sorry.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-03, 08:25 PM
I personally would like to wait until you are ready. Because Id like a co-narrator who can edit the first post. So if we push it back a little I have no problem as long as no else does.

Supagoof
2007-04-03, 08:31 PM
Thanks Alarra!

Perhaps we can switch WW7 with Empire or WWC, or pending on the amount of people in a game, we can just put a break in there?

Or maybe if someone is coming up with another spin on the old favorite, we can slide them in there. Up to you, it's all tenative. :smallbiggrin:

Zeb The Troll
2007-04-03, 09:30 PM
Just curious. I see Ye Olde West on Supagoof's spreadsheet, but not on the OP of this thread.

Lucky
2007-04-04, 03:00 PM
Just curious. I see Ye Olde West on Supagoof's spreadsheet, but not on the OP of this thread.
That would, of course, be my laziness/business kicking in again. But if you keep bugging me like you are, everything will get done eventually. :smallbiggrin:

inky13112
2007-04-04, 09:51 PM
hmm perhaps we should switch WWC and WW? I calculate WWC3 going on at least 27 more days, give or take a few, because of the rampant autolynchings (god freaking ****** thats pisses me off, I was 3 hours away from voting). But then again, what do I know?

Joosbawx
2007-04-05, 01:44 PM
Okay...so the rules and theme are posted for the Mafia III game: Game Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39711).

You can also find the sign-up thread and join anytime between now and Sunday, April 8th: Sign-up Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38543).

Lemme know if y'all have questions or comments.

Shadow
2007-04-05, 03:07 PM
Check my sig

Supagoof
2007-04-06, 10:25 AM
Rebellion and WW7 are being moved later one week to allow Castaras to get Aliens kicked off again on 4/22. So to the original question of WW7 delay - there's only one week we'd need to switch or postpone a game to meet Gnome Barbarian's and Alarra's preferred game starting date.

Narrators - Please e-mail me to get you set into the editing of the start time spreadsheet. We can add more spreadsheet pages onto the link to hold other information about your games - make it a central source for anyone needed WW information.

My e-mail is listed on the top of the spreadsheet. Click the link in my sig to open it.

Alarra
2007-04-06, 12:00 PM
Actually.....I can probably do starting 5/6, or at very least I'd have to be kinda inactive for the first day or two. I'm done with comps on the 9th.

Shadow
2007-04-06, 12:46 PM
I was goinig to point straight away at Inky13112 because of his "question" about people with roles anyway.

I was the Radio DJ (baner).

inky13112
2007-04-06, 11:07 PM
Yes which would all be great if you were in the right thread :smallamused:

This is werewolf central, your looking for alien invasion.:smallwink:

Bah, you would have risked killing the seer like that. Fool. :smallbiggrin:

InaVegt
2007-04-07, 11:58 AM
I'm gonna drop out of all WW style games, and resign as co narrator for mafia 3 and later.

Don't ask why, m'kay?

Joosbawx
2007-04-07, 01:25 PM
Erm...wow. Okay, so because of the above, which I only heard about just now from this thread, it seems I need a co-narrator for WW III. I could do it by myself, and honestly would prefer to do it that way if truth be told.

Does anyone have objections to no co-narrator for Mafia III? Or would you all prefer that I have a co-narrator? Please let me know.

Raistlin1040
2007-04-08, 09:43 AM
Empire is back on everyone. Please come if you are alive. Thanks for being patient with me and my cliffhanger.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-10, 09:34 AM
With what only 10 people or so left in WW VI should I start a recruitment thread? With roles and other information?

Lucky
2007-04-10, 05:43 PM
If you wish.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-04-10, 05:59 PM
Rebellion ended. The rebels and surviving peasants won, for those of you who are curious.

Supagoof
2007-04-11, 12:37 AM
;2368063']Rebellion ended. The rebels and surviving peasants won, for those of you who are curious.

I am. Thanks. I'll update the sheet.

So, is there to be a round two, Cobra Ikari?

Shadow
2007-04-11, 01:44 AM
I am. Thanks. I'll update the sheet.

So, is there to be a round two, Cobra Ikari?
There should be (need to be) some slight tweaks made first, but all in all it was an interesting game.

I only lasted like three days, but still, the concept was good. we should keep the IC thread going aftr the game for suggestions.
Which (personally) I'll have up tomorrow or the next day.

DungeonMaster77
2007-04-12, 07:32 AM
Hey All!

Anybody know how close WWC III is to being done?

Korith
2007-04-12, 08:16 AM
Synopsis:
Of 20 players remaining...
-3 are wolves
-4 are facing a pending auto-lynch (none added due to early lynching last day)

Minimum game remaining/Village win: 3 "day" turns (assumes all lynches are wolves) ~ 8 RL days
Minimum game remaining/Wolf win: 5 "day" turns and 5 "night" turns (assumes all lynches are villagers, and that a villager dies every night, and that all auto lynches go through with no wolves involved) ~ 15 RL days
Maximum game remaining: 18 "day" turns (assumes the baner blocks every kill and that Auto-Lynches are aborted by votes) ~ 53 RL days

Joosbawx
2007-04-12, 08:48 AM
Wow...that is a level of dedication I completely respect. Korith, if I send you my slide rule will you autograph it?

Korith
2007-04-12, 08:59 AM
I figured out the math for that long ago. It was just a matter of looking at the list on page 1, counting, and subtracting the only change that had happened.

The short of the math:

Minimum time: Villager Win = #wolves in game days
Minimum time: Wolf Win = (#villagers - #autolynchpending)/2 - #wolves in game days
Maximum time: #players - 2 in game days

Game days to RL days ~ (Gamedaylength + Gamenightlength) x Gamedays

EDIT: Of course, there are some fine changes. If the baner is dead, maximum time drops suddenly and rapidly (since the assumptions can no longer include baner blocks). If there are special rules for bonus kills, the math also changes (such as an optional rule where the player gets one kill when they themselves are killed)

And Slide rules are before my time. I might not even know what I'm looking at.

DungeonMaster77
2007-04-12, 09:47 AM
Thanks Korith. And I think Joosbawx was saying something to the effect of "I am really impressed by the fact that you took the time to calculate this out at all!" If he's not saying that, well, I am. If he is saying that, then I agree.

Joosbawx
2007-04-12, 10:55 AM
You are correct DungeonMaster77.

HyramGraff
2007-04-12, 12:32 PM
I figured out the math for that long ago. It was just a matter of looking at the list on page 1, counting, and subtracting the only change that had happened.

The short of the math:

Minimum time: Villager Win = #wolves in game days
Minimum time: Wolf Win = (#villagers - #autolynchpending)/2 - #wolves in game days
Maximum time: #players - 2 in game days

Game days to RL days ~ (Gamedaylength + Gamenightlength) x Gamedays

EDIT: Of course, there are some fine changes. If the baner is dead, maximum time drops suddenly and rapidly (since the assumptions can no longer include baner blocks). If there are special rules for bonus kills, the math also changes (such as an optional rule where the player gets one kill when they themselves are killed)

And Slide rules are before my time. I might not even know what I'm looking at.

How would your methods handle rounds where no one gets over the pointing threshold durring the daytime? I'd assume that it's fairly rare that no one can pull together 1/4 of the players to lynch someone else. But I suppose that it could happen. (I'm guessing that if this sort of thing was prolonged enough the narators would have to get involved.)

Eldritch Knight
2007-04-12, 12:33 PM
Yet again my brothers sense of humor proves beyond the understanding of better men than myself. Why he makes jokes like that I'll never get.

Korith
2007-04-12, 12:38 PM
How would your methods handle rounds where no one gets over the pointing threshold durring the daytime? I'd assume that it's fairly rare that no one can pull together 1/4 of the players to lynch someone else. But I suppose that it could happen. (I'm guessing that if this sort of thing was prolonged enough the narators would have to get involved.)

I make the assumption that doesn't happen

As do I make the assumptions that (in order of decreasing risk)
-No further autolynches than those pending will occur
-There will be no further early days called for voting
-Narrators don't put their game on prolonged hiatus
-The servers/forums/internet of the narrators and all participants remain functional for the duration of the game
-Mathematics as we know them remain constant
-Time continues to flow in the usual manner

Vespe Ratavo
2007-04-12, 05:21 PM
Please take me off all the auto signups. I don't really have time for much Werewolf any more.

2007-04-12, 07:17 PM
Rebellion II is now recruiting. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40492)
Also, could there be a Rebellion auto sign up, and an empire one if it goes on to a second game?
I'd join both.
(http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40492)

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-13, 11:21 AM
WWVII:Urban Lycanthropy is up and recruiting.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2388536#post2388536

Selrahc
2007-04-13, 12:54 PM
You know what... take me off the Auto sign lists. I can sign myself up.

Raistlin1040
2007-04-13, 08:44 PM
Please take me off the Alien Invasion auto sign up list.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-14, 09:06 AM
I was thinking about using people who aren't playing in WW VII as NPC nightly kills. Due to the fact that it takes place in a large city I don't see how the wererats would be targetting PC's only. Does that break some kind of forum rule or something?

Shadow
2007-04-14, 01:40 PM
Maybe I'm not understanding the question, but why would people that aren't playing be killed in the night, except for opening night anyway?

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-14, 02:02 PM
Cuz in a city I find it odd that 1 kill a night is likely. Almost seems like each lycanthrope would kill someone. In essence the wolves get 1 kill from all the people who are playing and then I just add in other peoples name for the flavor of the story. Also shadow are you gonna sign up for WW VII? You better im looking forward to writing a death scene for you. Pay back from ready aim fire.

Shadow
2007-04-14, 02:06 PM
hehehehe....
I'd love to sign up, but I'm trying to work out if I have the time.
It'll be last minute if i do.

2007-04-14, 04:50 PM
;2384009']Rebellion II is now recruiting. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40492)
Also, could there be a Rebellion auto sign up, and an empire one if it goes on to a second game?
I'd join both.

*cough*BEWARE THE WHITE MESSAGE ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! That, and the character requirement to post.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-04-15, 05:06 PM
Gnome Barb,

I haven't decided if I'm signing up or not yet, but if I don't you're free to kill me as an NPC. I just suggest that you put (NPC) behind anyone's name, otherwise people might get really confused.

Jontom Xire
2007-04-16, 03:59 AM
Umm, where IS the werewolf VII signup, GB? A link would have been handy.

And what did happen to Alien invasion? I thought it just fizzled out. I'm technically playing in it, but as far as I can see there were a few IC posts after the opening narrator post and then nothing for weeks.

Castaras
2007-04-16, 04:02 AM
It did just fizzle out, sadly. We're starting it up again though. Hopefully it will do better.

Second time lucky eh? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40756)

DungeonMaster77
2007-04-16, 02:38 PM
Wow, WWC III is the only game I have EVER seen where the Seer has been so lucky...it is not going well for the werewolves...I think there is only 1 of them left...it looks that at this rate, I'll be needing to prepare a signup list for WWC IV, which means that Joosbawx will need to be contacting me via PM A.S.A.P. so we can arrange co-narrator stuff (that is, if he still wants to be my co-narrator! |D)

Joosbawx
2007-04-16, 02:55 PM
PM'd!!! (ow! my skin!)

Jontom Xire
2007-04-17, 07:11 AM
Revolution! looks like it's picking up pace a bit. We have fifteen players so far, although some of them signed up quite a long time ago so I'll be sending PMs to get them to reconfirm.

I'm happy to run the game with just 16 players although obviously more would be better. So sign up! Sign up now!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38808

Helgraf
2007-04-17, 11:07 AM
I was goinig to point straight away at Inky13112 because of his "question" about people with roles anyway.

I was the Radio DJ (baner).

Heh, I was a Mason before it went guts up.

DungeonMaster77
2007-04-17, 12:46 PM
Okay, Joos and I have things ready for when WWC III finishes up!

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-04-19, 07:18 AM
Werewolf VI has reached a close. I just can't change the name.

DungeonMaster77
2007-04-19, 07:38 AM
Cool. Who won?

Castaras
2007-04-19, 10:44 AM
The Wolves(villagers)! Yay for us! *boogies*

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-04-19, 02:26 PM
yeah. we did pretty good. Even through my little baner blunder.

inky13112
2007-04-19, 06:44 PM
Yes! for the first time since Werewolves IV, and for just the 3rd time in werewolves history, the villager group (in this case wolves) has won in Werewolves VI. Unfortunately (because I was a wolf) it looks like Werewolves Classic III will be likewise won by the villager group in the near future. Mafia just recently killed 3 of the wolf group people, and pirates has taken out the Pirate alpha and the Pirate Seer, Smee. Empire took out several rebels and Lancelot, they're alpha. All in all 2007 has so far been an EXCELLENT year for the villager groups, which is a nice change of pace considering the current record of wins for the wolf groups.

EDIT: Also we got a wolf type on day one in The western style werewolves, thich may well be a first in these games

Korith
2007-04-20, 11:26 AM
*Schemes*

I'm due to be a wolf again in the near future...and my team has never lost while I've been a wolf...

(WWCIV and WWVII roles have yet to be handed out...I could still be a villager! Or a seer!)

Supagoof
2007-04-20, 12:20 PM
yeah. we did pretty good. Even through my little baner blunder.

You gambled. It still worked in the end, plus the game would have been bOOOring if I was just kept alive. Methodically weeding out the bad guys.

Give Death another round of appluase for his outstanding storyline in WWVI!

*claps*

Gnome Barbarian, in regards to your wanting to use character names for your storyline, feel free to use all of mine (Supagoof, Graklok, Beymar, and Emiralk), since I won't be signing up. Hit max of games I can keep under control and watch.

Eldritch Knight
2007-04-21, 12:00 PM
Just letting everyone know that planning for WWIX is in the works, and the theme has changed. It will be hidden until the proper time.

Blood
2007-04-21, 06:12 PM
WWCIII is over - Villagers won.

Blood
2007-04-21, 06:18 PM
Werewolf Classic Auto-Sign Up List for me, please. Get DM77 and Joosbawx to double-check the Auto-Sign Up list, or ... or ... well, something will happen. ....Possibly.

DungeonMaster77
2007-04-23, 07:04 AM
Just got into work, and don't have anything going on for awhile. I will be getting with Joos to get the autosignup list out. I think I am going to treat the auto-signup list a bit differently, so as to avoid the inevitable large list of auto-lynchings. I am going to just start the recruiting thread, and then PM those on the auto-signup list with the link. If they respond to my PM, or show up and post interest on the recruiting thread, they will be "in." If not, I won't have them included in the game. I hate "auto-lynchings" and want to try to keep them to a minimum. How does everybody feel about this?

Alarra
2007-04-23, 07:10 AM
Well, I thought it would work a lot better if the auto-sign up list were an auto-notify list anyway, so I approve of that plan.

DungeonMaster77
2007-04-23, 09:02 AM
Okay, the recruiting thread is up for WWC IV! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2458359#post2458359) I will be taking the time to PM everyone on the "auto-signup" list for most of my morning. I am setting up a tentative start date of April 27th. I was wanting to give a week to have interested parties put in their names for the game.

As a side note: I am recruiting for my Werewolf: The Adventure! D&D game. I lost a few players, so I need replacements. Go here if you are interested. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2458269#post2458269)

Edit: Okay, we have 20 people wanting to play, so far, and today is just Day 1 of recruiting! Let you friends know, and get them here to join!

DungeonMaster77
2007-04-23, 02:54 PM
Hey Lucky,

Just realized that Gezina is not supposed to be on the auto-signup list for any WW game, but he is still there. Is this a mistake? If so, I may have sent them a PM by mistake. If not, let me know.

evnafets
2007-04-23, 03:00 PM
Gezina did request that she be removed from all the lists.
Its hard to keep those things up to date I guess ;-)
I think this validates your approach as an "auto-notify" rather than "auto-signup" list.

Lucky
2007-04-23, 04:34 PM
Wha? I removed her! Ah bloody heck... Guess I didn't click save forcefully enough.

Krursk
2007-04-24, 02:09 AM
I'd also like to be taken off the auto-sign up list. These games are hard to keep track of and I'd like to sign up on my own steam

DungeonMaster77
2007-04-24, 07:18 AM
Well, as for Werewolf Classic, I do not "auto-signup" anybody. I treat it as an "auto-notify" list. So yes, you were notified. If you do not PM me or go to the recruiting thread to show your interest, then you won't be in the game. So simple, even a caveman can do it.

Korith
2007-04-24, 07:57 AM
*Sets a trap for the cavemen, in preparation for the inevitable complaints*

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-04-24, 09:22 AM
it would be cool if the OP had stats and percentages on players. like who is most often killed on the first day, who has been in the wolf-group the most, a tally of wins - stuff like that.

oh, and take me off the aliens and pirates auto-signup. leave me on the werewolf, mafia, and Werewolf Classic autosignups.

Kyrian
2007-04-24, 10:05 AM
If you could add me to the co-narrators list, I'd like to try my hands at behind the scenes.

Joosbawx
2007-04-24, 10:31 AM
Kyrian...you want to try your hand at Mafia? I'll co-narrate you next game and you can run the show if you'd like. Or you can narrate Mafia and I'll simply play, if you'd prefer.

Also, Lucky, unless there are those opposed, I'd like to keep my finger on Mafia as narrator/co-narrator.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-04-24, 10:46 AM
Anyone opposed to Joos as Mafia narrator/co-narrator deserves to mysteriously disappear. In fact you deserve some kind of iron narratorist award for what you're doing in there. What you are doing in Mafia is a work of art.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-04-24, 10:53 AM
yes, I agree with Raldor. Joos deserves a medal or something. I could make it, if you guys want, but it'd take a bit. and it'd probably suck, but hey.

Kyrian
2007-04-24, 11:04 AM
I can try the first option Joos, though I may be needing a lot of help from you in that case, as I definetly am failing at the noir writing in your version.

Joosbawx
2007-04-24, 11:42 AM
Awwww...you guys are too much. :smallredface: I appreciate the appreciation, and I have a lot of fun reading what you all come up with, whether you're posting 'noir' or not, you all make the game fun to watch and read.

Kyrian, whatever you want I'm game for it. If you want to try something without the Noir style I'm down for that, too. We could theme it, or just leave it simple and give Noir a rest before its worn out its welcome.

I *was* toying around with the idea of making the next iteration of Mafia Star Wars Themed...setting it up in Jabba's Palace or something to keep the 'gangster' theme somewhat in tact.

Lemme know what you think, man.

Kyrian
2007-04-24, 11:43 AM
Hmm...Star Wars you say....Star Wars sounds good.

Alarra
2007-04-24, 11:45 AM
but....but....no noir? *gets suddenly very sad*

Joosbawx
2007-04-24, 11:48 AM
Just a short break, Alarra, so that it doesn't wear out its welcome...but nothing is set in stone yet. Besides...it's up to Kyrian. =)

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-04-24, 11:56 AM
that. sounds. totally. awesome. I'd love to see that.

Shadow
2007-04-24, 01:02 PM
You could keep the noir aspect in Jabba's Palace.
Be a down on your luck bounty hunter.
Wait... now you can't. That one's mine!

@v: true.... much more suited to the theme, I think.

Eldritch Knight
2007-04-24, 03:29 PM
I'd say you'd have better luck setting it in the Old Republic Era...

Helgraf
2007-04-24, 10:39 PM
Awwww...you guys are too much. :smallredface: I appreciate the appreciation, and I have a lot of fun reading what you all come up with, whether you're posting 'noir' or not, you all make the game fun to watch and read.

Kyrian, whatever you want I'm game for it. If you want to try something without the Noir style I'm down for that, too. We could theme it, or just leave it simple and give Noir a rest before its worn out its welcome.

I *was* toying around with the idea of making the next iteration of Mafia Star Wars Themed...setting it up in Jabba's Palace or something to keep the 'gangster' theme somewhat in tact.

Lemme know what you think, man.

Oooh ... Black Sun and another cartel fighting it out for the fat contracts only Jabba truly controls, say ...

DungeonMaster77
2007-04-26, 08:23 AM
Hey All,

One more day for recruiting for WWC IV! Recruiting is going to close by the end of my workday tomorrow (2:30 PM, as I am getting off work early tomorrow). The current count for players is 39 players.

Supagoof
2007-04-26, 08:34 AM
it would be cool if the OP had stats and percentages on players. like who is most often killed on the first day, who has been in the wolf-group the most, a tally of wins - stuff like that.

That would be a lot for anybody to do and keep track off. I could add a page onto the WW startup spreadsheet. If you want to put your information on there, send me an e-mail

[email protected]

I'll send anyone who wants an invite to that spreadsheet. Then you can update your stats yourself to share, or even the game start times, themes. One central spot where everyone can update. Kinda like Wikipedia for SMBG Werewolf games.

Also, I'll be adding Revolution into the rotation. Granted, it's quicker the a standard WW game, but it does fall into the WW playstyle and should be added so people know when to signup.

Link to that spreadsheet is on page 1 and also in my sig.

DungeonMaster77
2007-04-26, 12:20 PM
Hey All,

I have a question: How have we been playing the Devil role? Have we been ruling that the Werewolves know who the devil is and visa versa? I have found some info that says the Devil doesn't know who the werewolves are and the werewolves don't know who the Devil is. I think that I am going to go with this as 1) It makes for an interesting game. The devil is steering votes to kill villaigers, but at the same time trying not to look like the Seer or Fool, so as to avoid getting themselves killed at night. 2) The Devil will have to be more careful as to who they give info to. The Devil may end up trusting the Masons, thinking them Werewolves, only to get himself killed. 3)The Seer and Fool are going to have more fun, possibly even going as far as to trick them into killing the Devil, posing as the Devil, granted, only to get themselves killed, but not before being able to leak the identities of the werewolves to the town. 4) The werewolves will have to be careful with whom they get information. Trust the wrong person and scenario #3 can happen!

What do you all think?

Castaras
2007-04-26, 12:24 PM
Set that up in a new genre of Werewolf. Keep classic straight for the moment.

Kyrian
2007-04-26, 12:27 PM
As a villager, I'd say yes. As a wolf or devil, no. In my opinion it'd give the villagers an unfair advantage. The wolves would pretty much be flying blind the whole time.

Joosbawx
2007-04-26, 12:38 PM
I would say that would belong more in a non-Classic version of WereWolf...however, I'm totally willing to try it, too.

DungeonMaster77
2007-04-26, 12:40 PM
Well, to answer both of you: 1) This is in the original werwolf game 2) Don't the villagers "fly blind" with regards to the Seer? The Seer has to prove themselves, and so the Devil would as well.
Edit: Also, I think it must be said that the Devil is a complete and different role. It is not an "advanced werewolf."

Korith
2007-04-26, 12:47 PM
The wolves would pretty much be flying blind the whole time.

Interestingly enough, they wouldn't.

I could see this as happening in a game where there were fewer, or no masons to begin with. Loss of wolf-side information would be balanced with a loss of villager-side information.

The wolves still know each other, and this is their primary advantage. The loss on their part is that they no longer have a reliable source of information for themselves. Still, they hold the edge in terms of knowing who isn't a wolf, save for one - the devil.

I'd personally be okay playing in this format, and it certainly makes more sense with the original "the wolves sometimes kill the devil" claim (WWCII revised aside. Ouch, Gezina :smallbiggrin: )

Still, I think any significant revision to the classic rules needs to be run by the classic players. Some are there because it's werewolf, some are there because it's the format they like more than others, and some are there because it's pure werewolf. They're the ones who it needs to be taken up with. (Myself, being one, has spoken)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-26, 12:49 PM
I saw go for it. It may seem like the villagers have an advantage, but the wolves have won the majority of our games, the past month of April excluded. Plus, I trust DM 77's judgement.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-04-26, 01:03 PM
It's a tough call. I've read a few articles somewhere on how various roles affect the game, and I believe having a seer, baner and masons actually pushes the game very strongly in the villagers favor. We've just had a lot of games where the wolves have found the seer early. The fool only marginally weakens the villager side. Separating the wolves and Devil makes good sense, but from a game balance perspective I think its better to have them all known. You could counter-balance by having less masons, but I'd rather allow for as many people as possible to have roles.

DungeonMaster77
2007-04-26, 01:05 PM
Okay, I'll post this revision of the rules in the WWC IV recruiting thread, and see what they think. I will, for sure, include this as a permanent revision in all future WWC games, but for the current game that is coming up, I will just put it to a vote to see who is in favor of the 'new' rule. I'll keep you all posted.

Also, as for the number of Masons, I have always used a number that is 3/5 the number of the werewolves (to include the Devil) rounded down. So, if there are 9 werewolves and 1 Devil, there would be 6 Masons. I used this template for the first WWC game run on these boards.

This is why:

To have a Baner, Seer, and the Villagers, as Raldor has said, the Fool only marginally weakens the villager side's advantage, and victory does favor the Villagers. This is why the concept of the Devil was introduced, to balance this. The Devil's and werewolves knowledge of each other greatly increases the odds for the Werewolves, as I have seen in recent games, and even the game I was a player in. Therefore, I think the Devil should not know the identities of the lycanthropes. It tips the balance too much in favor of team werewolf.

How many Masons have you folks been using in the past (percentage wise)? Equal to the wolves or less, or more?

DungeonMaster77
2007-04-26, 01:52 PM
Here is the link to the poll for the rules amendment (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42271). The poll basically poses the question to whether or not the rules amendment will be effective for WWC IV or not.

Joosbawx
2007-04-27, 01:59 AM
Mafia III: The Maltese Falcon is now over. Congratulations to the Shadow Agents, and specifically Strategos, for a spectacular win. Thank you everyone who participated, I had a great time narrating and reading everything.

Also, if anyone has comments about the roles or the logistics of the game, please feel free to post in the game thread, even if you didn't play. Feedback is appreciated since I did do a little tweaking of the roles and abilities. Thanks again!

DungeonMaster77
2007-04-27, 07:51 AM
Fresh from the recent poll:

Wow, I expected discussion, but wow...

This discussion has brought up, in my mind, a few good points for the opinion that this rule should not be effective for the upcoming game, and it comes from one of my closest friends in this Werewolf community, Lucky:

...we clearly have 10 people so far who voted "no," and seeing how late this change was brought up, it seems unfair to those 10 people who signed up before the rule was changed, only to watch as it changes with them unable to do anything about it.

With this idea, which I have (believe it or not, and yes, I know this 'is just a game') lost sleep about, I will not make this rule effective for this particular game of Werewolf Classic, however, I want to make it clear, that this will be effective for future editions of Werewolf Classic, as I had previously said, this is a rule that was part of the original rules, as Lucky also pointed out, and I to hold to the original rules, and give the villagers a fighting chance. I will post this same info on Werewolf Central and on the WWC IV recruiting thread.

So, what this means: This rule will not be effective for WWC IV, but will be effective for future WWC games.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-27, 07:39 PM
Everyone who hasn't sign up for WW VII:Urban Lycanthrope.

Today is technically the last day to sign up but I wont be assigning roles til tomorrow night so you have some time.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40780

Raistlin1040
2007-04-28, 01:18 AM
So...who'd like to co-narrorate Empire II? There's only 2 wolves left, and I'd like to get a co-narrorater ASAP

Joosbawx
2007-04-28, 01:47 AM
Hey, if you'd like to do a Star Wars theme I'd be interested. =D

Raistlin1040
2007-04-28, 01:48 AM
You talking to me? Are you, talking to me? Yeah that's fine. We'll call it Empire II: The Rebels Strike Back!

Joosbawx
2007-04-28, 01:50 AM
Whoohoo! That's THREE SW themed games already! Mwuhahahahahaaha!!!

Raistlin1040
2007-04-28, 01:58 AM
I'll only do it if there's only one going on. Otherwise it's boring. I'd end up doing Star Trek instead.

Joosbawx
2007-04-28, 02:01 AM
hehhe. mostly joking anyway. However, if you need help, I'd be happy to oblige unless someone else steps up.

Raistlin1040
2007-04-28, 02:04 AM
I can see it now...

Captain Kirk: (Baner) Captain Kirk can use his "skills" to protect one person per night.
Mr. Spock: (Seer): Using his natural intelligence and Vulcan mind melding, Spock can determine a player's role once per night.
Redshirt:(Fool) Utterly stupid and dissillusioned, the redshirt thinks he's half vulcan and smart. But he isn't. He's there to die and mess things up.
The Crew of the Enterprise: (Masons) Because they never do anything cool, they are best friends in their uselessness.

Joosbawx
2007-04-28, 04:42 PM
That would be humorous, too. Nicely done, Raistlin!

Raistlin1040
2007-04-28, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I think Empire II will be Star Trek. Just because I've been watching a lot of star trek recently.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-29, 04:56 PM
I think a useful list would be a list of those most often auto-lynched. As a narrator I would not want to make lovers of two people with one having an auto-lynch record of 65% or something.

It may be a bad idea as it may single some people out, but its something I thought I'd bring up for discussion.

Raistlin1040
2007-04-30, 09:15 PM
Empire is over. Villagers won.

DungeonMaster77
2007-05-01, 08:41 AM
Werewolf Classic IV has begun! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2512464#post2512464) This should be a GREAT game!

Joosbawx
2007-05-01, 03:52 PM
Roles for WWCIV have been sent. Everyone should have received a PM from Joosbawx. If you didn't, then please PM Joosbawx.

Some may have received more than one PM. Unfortunately, right in the middle of sending the PMs, the forums decided to get a bit laggy, so to ensure everyone received a PM some mayhave been sent more than once. My apologies.

Have at it!!!

Raistlin1040
2007-05-01, 04:12 PM
Empire II is ready for signups! Join the party!

DungeonMaster77
2007-05-02, 07:37 AM
Hey, Lucky, can you make a change to the auto-signup list for WWC for me? I would like it changed to "auto-notify" instead. Again, as I have no control to any other games, I think for my game, it will reduce the number of auto-lynchings. Thanks.

DungeonMaster77
2007-05-02, 08:24 AM
Hey All!

I have seen some folks with trophies in thier sig's. I was thinking it would be a great idea for WWC. Would anybody be willing to put up some pictures of a werewolf in (hybrid form) the form of a trophy? I was wanting the wording on the trophy to say "WWC IV Winning Team".

What do you all think?

Supagoof
2007-05-02, 08:28 AM
I have seen some folks with trophies in thier sig's. I was thinking it would be a great idea for WWC. Would anybody be willing to put up some pictures of a werewolf in (hybrid form) the form of a trophy? I was wanting the wording on the trophy to say "WWC IV Winning Team".

What do you all think?

I think it's a great idea. Makes it easier to point at someone in another WW game. :smallamused:

DarkCorax
2007-05-02, 01:29 PM
Hey All!

What do you all think?

I'll do it, I'm already doing the IA trophies...

DungeonMaster77
2007-05-02, 02:13 PM
Thanks for that! If you aren't too overloaded, would you concider another related job?

Jontom Xire
2007-05-03, 05:24 AM
Hey, all.

Revolution is coming to an end, so I'm starting sign up for Revolution II.

I'd like feedback from everyone who played in Revolution. Hopefully they all had a great time and we'll get more people for Revolution II.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-03, 09:36 AM
I think I hold hte record for most evil at a time. At one point, I was with the villians in 4 games at once.

Werewolf CLassic 2.5
Werewolf VI
Empire
Rebellion.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-05-03, 09:50 AM
Yeah and you killed me in all of them...surprise...surprise. So if I die the first night the general rule is Llama is a villain.

Edit: on second though I think I got 1st day lynch in 2 of them and you were trusted by me in the other. But sitll lynch llama if I die.

DungeonMaster77
2007-05-03, 01:45 PM
So, are you going to try to get her lynched in WWC IV? Just curious, as I watch the game unfold on the boards...

Alarra
2007-05-03, 05:12 PM
I think I hold hte record for most evil at a time. At one point, I was with the villians in 4 games at once.

Werewolf CLassic 2.5
Werewolf VI
Empire
Rebellion.

I was evil in 4 at once at one point too....I can't recall which right now, I'll have to look...

Jontom Xire
2007-05-04, 11:19 AM
Huh. I never get to be evil. I've played a load of games and was I evil even once? Nope! S'not fair :( Well except the werewolf reverse game which doesn't count unless you're a paladin.

Been a mason a few times though and that was fun.

==EDIT==

Oh, yeah, and Play Revolution! Mk II

Lucky
2007-05-04, 03:23 PM
Announcement!

Many people have been wanting the Auto Sign-up lists modified to Auto-Notify lists, and so I have made the change.

Narrators must now PM everyone on the list with the link to the recruitment thread.

Joosbawx
2007-05-04, 04:19 PM
Thank you, Lucky. Good plan.

Kyrian
2007-05-04, 09:10 PM
Hey all...now that I'm done with finals, I've managed to start the Mafia IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2533777#post2533777) sign up thread.

2007-05-04, 10:05 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40492
Rebellion II is in progress. Could I be added to the auto sign up list for empire, rebellion, and revolution, please? If they don't exist yet, create them.

Deckmaster
2007-05-05, 10:57 AM
Hey, everyone. I've got a sign-up thread up for a new version of my Werewolf D&D game. The basic structure has been modified and a lot of the roles have been changed, with some wonderful new roles as well. I think it will turn out great, but after an initial push sign-ups have ground to a halt. If you are interested, please follow the link in my signature.

Blood
2007-05-06, 11:39 AM
Sorry, but I'd like to be taken off any and all Auto-Sign Up/Auto Notify lists, if I'm even on any.

Castaras
2007-05-06, 04:03 PM
I'd like to come off the auto-notify lists. All of them. I'll sign up myself.

Raistlin1040
2007-05-06, 04:27 PM
Empire II need more members guys!

inky13112
2007-05-06, 11:32 PM
Yes! Join Empire II Revolution II and Werewolf DnD II. NOW!

Why? Because I said so!

And I maintain there's no such thing as being in too many werewolf games at the moment!

Now go signup!

NOW! :smallsmile:

Gnome Barbarian
2007-05-06, 11:53 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43447

WW VII has started.... so get lynching I want some goo d deaths.

Jontom Xire
2007-05-08, 12:28 PM
I've PMed Lucky to no response. How do I get Revolution II onto the list on Page 1 of this thread?

Anyway, if you haven't already, sign up for Revolution II.

Alarra, where are you? I know you got lynched quite early in the last game, but didn't you enjoy it? (The game not the lynching :)

Lucky
2007-05-08, 08:24 PM
I've PMed Lucky to no response. How do I get Revolution II onto the list on Page 1 of this thread?

Well, if you would be so kind as to actually look at page 1 before posting, it would be appreciate. Revolution is on there, and has been since I got the PM.

Raistlin1040
2007-05-08, 08:28 PM
Couple things with the spreadsheet about victories and narroraters. Empire II has me and Atreyu as the Narrorators and is recruiting. Also the start date hasn't been decided yet.

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-10, 07:36 AM
Hmmmm, I notice there's a new "Structured Games" sub-forum. Will WW games have a new home?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-10, 08:03 AM
*Starts hanging up pictures in the new home for WW (and other) games*

"I call dibs on the bedroom on the second floor, the one right next to the bathroom."

*Hangs a picture of llama's playing poker*

Supagoof
2007-05-10, 11:55 AM
I take the room across the hall from Atreyu.

Set's up bunk bed and entertainment center w/couch and small fridge, like dorm room. Hangs dartboard on door.

Yay for Forum moving!

Castaras
2007-05-10, 12:00 PM
Dibs on the kitchen!

*Runs to the kitchen*

Hmm...

*Rummages through thread, looking for old kitchen stuff.*

V Junior
2007-05-10, 12:05 PM
Does this count as a game like the ones here? It's a Pirate v Ninja Game.

MY BAD!

If it does fit in this catagory, then please move it. Thanks.

Supagoof
2007-05-10, 12:31 PM
Couple things with the spreadsheet about victories and narroraters. Empire II has me and Atreyu as the Narrorators and is recruiting. Also the start date hasn't been decided yet.

Made the change, add Atreyu as Narrator, listed it as recruiting.

As for dates, the once listed are tenative, though if you want to start your game later or earlier, please make arrangements with another narrator/person heading up the game to make the change. We have the order there to give some structure as to having about one game per week start and no two of the same game running, so it's just a proposed start time, and at the time I was putting this together nobody objected to the starting dates. I certainly don't want to tell anyone that they have to start on a certain date, but I'm certain that those who voiced the concern that too many were starting around the same time, would appreciate it.

Also, send me an e-mail at [email protected] if you want permission to edit the spreadsheet, I'll add anyone no problem. Then you can update information about your game as needed.

The spreadsheet - it's for everyone. :smallsmile:

Also, who let the pie poisoner in the kitchen?

Kyrian
2007-05-10, 04:51 PM
Mafia IV's details have been released, so if you haven't already, sign up!

Timberwolf
2007-05-10, 05:09 PM
I don't know if this has been suggested or not, but I've had a thought

No, it didn't hurt.

One thing that we all know about werewolves is that they're infectious. So, what would an option of, say every 3rd night, making the werewolf attack a conversion attempt instead ? The target gets a PM saying they've been targeted. They can either die as normal or join the wolves. If the target doesn't respond then they die.

What do people think ?

Gnome Barbarian
2007-05-10, 05:18 PM
That would be up to the narrator. Example, I have given the werewolves a chance to convert someone every 5 nights in WW VII.

Timberwolf
2007-05-10, 05:18 PM
Ok, hadn't noticed that at all.

Korith
2007-05-11, 09:13 AM
So, how far am I from the record for "Hated by wolves"? Night 2, WWC IV and Night 1, WW VII...death by wolves.

I'm sure someone can beat that (joosbawx?)...but "ouch".

Supagoof
2007-05-15, 01:08 PM
Ye Olde West has ended. The bandits won (just barely)

Kyrian
2007-05-15, 01:35 PM
*wants more people to sign up for Mafia IV*

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-15, 01:42 PM
Just wanted to pop in and ask that everyone who's involved with Rebellion II pop on over to the thread to catch up on what's going on to get it rolling again.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-05-15, 08:51 PM
Ye Olde West is now officially over. Winner: The Bandits.

More importantly, I do believe a very good time was had by (almost) all.

B-Man
2007-05-21, 04:50 PM
I would like be removed from the Werewolf auto-sign up, but keep me on Classic.

2007-05-21, 07:47 PM
I can't post for awhile because of finals. Please don't auto me.

Xykon_Fan
2007-05-25, 01:26 PM
Hi, can you throw me onto the werewolves and werewolves classic auto-sign-up list?

(I can't believe I did that...*Plunges silver knife into heart*)

Shadow
2007-05-25, 01:31 PM
Only if you spell werewolves right from now on....
:biggrin:

The Valiant Turtle
2007-05-25, 04:02 PM
I'll be out of town with limited access until June 3rd. I'll probably be able to post often enough to avoid an auto-lynch, but if not, please don't auto-lynch me in any of the games I'm in.

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-27, 05:47 AM
Rebellion II has ended. The Rebels succeeded in placing a Rebel Heir on the throne.

DarkLightDragon
2007-06-06, 06:06 AM
Just letting everyone know that I'll be pulling out of future WW-style games until further notice due to an issue in real life and slight lack of interest. I'll still try to finish the games I'm currently in, if I'm in any (I don't think I am as I'm about to go bye-bye in Revolution and I can't remember any others right now).

I should have dealt with my problems in time for Werewolf X, which I still intend to host (I have two awesome ideas and having trouble deciding on one). I'm considering a co-narrator as the ideas I have are pretty huge, especially the first one I came up with. The second idea is based on a certain conflict between Decken and I (:smallbiggrin:) so if he wants he can PM me for a sneak preview.

Oh, and I'll say again that that was the SECOND idea I came up with, so no need to complain. The first one is much more finalised and will probably end up as the one being used anyway.

Supagoof
2007-06-06, 08:54 AM
It's quiet around here.

Too quiet.

*Looks at startup list*

Hmmm, I wonder if the third voyage of the pirates is going to get underway...

Perhaps I should update the list with corrected start times?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-06, 10:50 AM
Funny thing about that.....Indy vanished in a freak accident involving a Volvo, a Timmy Horton's, and a pair of underwear once worn by Captain America. Then Alarra and I started having to fight our lives for free time...but we're still planning on doing it. Ummm...maybe just a bit behind schedule.

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-06, 10:52 AM
Speaking of "The List", if no one's laid claim to it, I'd like to run the next iteration of Rebellion when it comes up.

Supagoof
2007-06-08, 08:20 AM
I shall change the list for you Zeb. I'm all for you running the next one.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-08, 09:08 AM
Speaking of lists, could someone add me to the auto-sign-up lists?

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-11, 07:47 AM
I'd also like to be put up on the auto notify lists please.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-12, 09:46 PM
The Sign up sheet for Pirates III has been posted. We strive for mostly on time Pirates updates on a regular schedule and also for humourous or original content including an emphasis on death scenes. We also promise stuff that's outside of your classic werewolf game, but that part is Indurain's responsibility.

Shadow
2007-06-13, 03:28 AM
*goes to sign up*
For Hook!

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-15, 08:45 AM
I shall change the list for you Zeb. I'm all for you running the next one.Goof, is that link in your sig still the right place? It doesn't seem to have been updated in quite a while.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-20, 01:35 PM
It seems that I really enjoy coming up with odd and bizarre and interesting werewolf game ideas. So in the near future I'm going to be using this thread to outline games that I have written up but do not actually intend to run. I hope this will serve dual purposes. One, to be entertaining and two, to maybe give people ideas for use in the games they are thinking of running. Right now I have some interesting ideas for a Convoy of Truckers WW style game, a Rocky Horror Picture Show game and a LLamatar game to celebrate the 100 llamatars!

Raistlin1040
2007-06-20, 06:31 PM
The fact you have 100 llamatars makes me think that Ceika has WAY too much time on her hands.

Shadow
2007-06-20, 06:33 PM
Helgraf, should we post our idea here too?

The Valiant Turtle
2007-06-20, 07:59 PM
Woah! 100 llamatars, and you're currently using one of my favorites. The elusive loch-ness-llama! I'd be all for a demented llamatar inspired game. Even as just a standard SMBG. Perhaps some bizarre version of rock-paper-llama where you have to describe how one llamatar beats the others...

Is there a llamatar gallery we can view?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-20, 08:43 PM
The stable (http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/)

I am not responsible for any mental scarring on the third row and if you want to make that game, Raldor, I think it sounds great. Just don't make a llamatar Heal/Hurt game. :smallwink:

Helgraf
2007-06-20, 09:53 PM
Helgraf, should we post our idea here too?

Oh yes, though I'd put off starting until late July - mostly because I have a lot of prep to do for Dexcon 10.

Shadow
2007-06-20, 09:54 PM
Actually, I just PM'd you a draft of the rules & roles.

Feel free to edit them as you see fit.
We'll go back and forth until we get it how we want it.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-23, 12:15 PM
Werewolf game concept (Not a werewolf game)

Convoy: A trucker by the name of Rubber Duck started a little ole convoy with some of his best trucker buddies. The convoy grew in size and the Bears, a.k.a police, decided that they had to take it down, so some cops took on trucker identities and infiltrated the convoy.

Every night the bears sneak into one of the sleeping truckers cabins and arrest that trucker.

Every day, when the truckers stop for the night, they find the trucker most likely to be a bear and beat the living tar out of him and kick him out of the convoy.

Roles:
Rubber Duck=(Lead Mason) Rubber Duck is the trucker who started it all. He handpicked the truckers who started this convoy and he knows they aren't bears diguised as truckers.

Big Ben= (Baner) He's the biggest man in the whole convoy and the best fighter, too. Each night he stands guard over one truck. Anyone who tries messing with the trucker he's watching is in for a serious beating.

Veteran Ham Radio Operator= (Seer) This trucker has a Ham radio in the back of his cabin and each night he asks his buddies to do some research on one trucker handle and learn the history of the man behind the handle.

Rookie Ham Radio Operator= (Fool) He doesn't think his inexperience is a problem, but the people he asks to do research for him and all lazy liars who just make something up and tell it to him rather than actually research. He believes them.

Mechanic = (NEW ROLE) Each night the mechanic can fix the truck of one person who has broken down (been autolynched.) The auto-lynched trucker that has been fixed by the mechanic will have one "day" to catch up with the convoy.

Bear in the Air= (Devil)- A bear who has access to a satelite. Each night he keeps it trained on one truck and watches to see if he can learn anything about the trucker.

Smokey =(alpha-ish) This bear has been working undercover as a trucker for so long that any check on his handle comes up at legit. He scries as a trucker.

Terms
Trucker=Villager
Bears=Werewolves
truck broke down= autolynched
beat the shock up=lynched
arrested=killed by wolves
killed=killed and killed dead (this will be explained later)

SIDEQUEST: (The sidequest is a new concept that affects the gameplay but not who wins or loses.)

Rusty Nail = (New role) A dangerously psychotic trucker. Keeps a list of all the people who have wronged him and never forgets a face. Three truckers played a nasty prank on him and made him so mad and so upset that he will see them dead. He knows that they are in this convoy, he just doesn't know where. Each night he will sneak into a cabin and kill a trucker. Once all three truckers that he is after are gone (either by arrest, beat down or he killed them) he will leave the convoy and disappear. (For either the Bears or the Truckers to receive the "Best" ending at the end of the game, they must find Rusty Nail and bring him to justice.)

Pranksters - (new role) you know that you are one of the people that Rusty Nail is after. You don't know the names of the other two, but you know their faces.

NEW RULE: Join the Convoy. Every third day, someone from outside the game may join the convoy. The person entering decides whether they would like to be a bear or a trucker.

NEW RULE: Rubber Duck picks the masons. Its not much, but its never been done before.

This is the song "Convoy." I couldn't find a non-Battlestar Galatica version of it on YouTube. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXMMQrH3Png)

faerwain
2007-06-23, 03:35 PM
Good work, Sheriff Buford T. Llama!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-25, 12:12 PM
Well, if you've been paying attention to the pirates III sign up, you've read about the proposed LLama vs Duck werewolf game.

The idea is that I will secretly assign a role to each llamatar and that when time comes, everyone will pick a llamatar they would like to play as. However, I will need A LOT of ideas for roles. Due to the secret nature of the role assignment, I don't need llamatars assigned to the roles, but I would love to read your ideas for roles in this game.

Supagoof
2007-06-25, 02:07 PM
OOOOhh Fun! It's like going on Oprah and finding out you have a prize hidden under your chair.

Let's see, roles.....

Standard:smallsmile:
Baner
Seer
Fool
Masons
Townspeople
Devil
Werewolf
Alpha Wolf

Used in other WW but can be inlcuded:smallamused:
Lovers
Feuders
Consorts (Like in rebellion, where both die if person A dies, but not if person B dies)
Heir (Maybe an Heir Seer, where if the Baner dies, then the Heir steps up to fill the role. A second chance....)
Beast (Can take one other person down when killed)
Day Baner
Bandits + Banker ((If you want to add in the element of cash - though I reserve YOW gold! - which I'll probably start the next game of YOW in mid July due to the startup schedule being out of sorts....ah summertime.))

New Role ideas:smallbiggrin:
Shadow (In homage to Shadow who had this idea in the pirate III thread, wins if they survive the game.)
Invincible Llama (May be prevented from getting killed the first time, but not the second)
Invincible Duck (Same as above on on the werewolves/duck side of things)
Cat (Can spy to try and find the mouse and only the mouse - similar to Crocodile - May kill the mouse once found - wins if mouse is killed and survives game)
Mouse (Role is villager to all except the Cat - similar to Captain Hook - can only be killed by the cat - wins if survives game)
Game Over (Game ends immediately when this player is killed. All surviving players win - be they wolf or villager)
God of new Life (Person picks 1 player every 4th day to be rezzed.)
Your friend the Reaper (Person picks 1 player every 8th day to die.)
Zombie (Is already dead, can't be killed except by being rezzed. Points count until rezzed...)
Vampire (Is already dead, can't be killed except by being rezzed. Point don't count until rezzed....)
Sniper (Can kill one person each day)

Hmmm, I'll continue to think about these. I'm coming up with tons of ways to distort any WW game - so while Llama gets first dibs on whether or not to use one of these, please feel free to use them for your WW game after the Llama/Duck one starts.

Oh, and Llama, I'll help narrate/keep track of things if/when you want to give this game a try. Though I'll be just as happy to be in it. :smallwink:

Shadow
2007-06-26, 01:45 AM
Shadow (In homage to Shadow who had this idea in the pirate III thread, wins if they survive the game.)
Hahaa!
It worked!

I have a few ideas for roles, but I'm too tired to get into it right now.
More later, Atreyu.

God of new Life (Person picks 1 player every 4th day to be rezzed.)
I have this in the game that I've been working on, actually. But it's the new power for the Necromancer of the High Council.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-06-26, 08:00 PM
I think it would be rather interesting to have those auto-lynched turned into some kind of zombies. I have no idea what abilities zombies would have though. It would have to be rather passive since those people aren't participating.

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-27, 01:22 PM
I think it would be rather interesting to have those auto-lynched turned into some kind of zombies. I have no idea what abilities zombies would have though. It would have to be rather passive since those people aren't participating.Hmmm, that gives me an idea...

Let me ponder on it (and hope a few more people sign up) and see if I can work it in.

Raiser Blade
2007-06-27, 07:04 PM
Please put me on the auto list thingy for WW and pirates

Vonriel
2007-06-27, 08:26 PM
A suggestion: Why not take the mason who picks his own a step farther, and have him show up as a villager when scried by the devil, but a mason when scried by the seer?

Helgraf
2007-06-27, 10:26 PM
Erm, the masons are hard enough to weed out as it is without a traitor.

Zar Peter
2007-06-28, 12:13 AM
I think the problem with an alpha mason is that he and the alpha wolf could pick the same people. What happens? If one of them don't get the person he/she wants he/she could know that the other alpha has them.

Alarra
2007-06-28, 12:41 AM
By using a similar system as was used in Ye Olde West...having the teams pick more people than they can actually get to account for overlap.

Although then you have the problem of the teams picking off the people they didn't get because they think the other team got them...

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-28, 12:54 AM
That's exactly what I did. I needed four, I submitted eight. The four I didn't get were at the top of the list to get killed/scried. Three of the four I didn't get either had roles or were Bandits. Of course, the other team wasn't the masons in this case so it didn't have a negative impact on the villagers.

Vonriel
2007-06-28, 01:07 AM
Yeah, true. Really, the only reason I proposed it was to add on the part where the devil couldn't scry him but the seer could. Though, if you did a game where masons got to choose but wolves couldn't, that'd be cool.. *shrug*

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-28, 12:07 PM
I've been thinking about this for a while, and I thought I'd post it here. Essentially, the concept is several different "layers" of roles.

# of layer (Concept)
Example

1st layer (Basic)
Good
Bad

2nd layer (Societies)
Masons

3rd layer (Day - These roles are open to all in the concept, but it would be very easy to make them secret roles)
Day Baner
President (Vote counts for 3)

4th layer (Night - These roles are the standard for the most part)

This is a very shoddy rough draft, so it's not in any way solidified. Sorry if this has already been suggested. I like the concept though.

Supagoof
2007-06-29, 11:49 AM
Yeah, that worked okay in Ye Olde West for picking because of the groups, it was fairly even to divide the ones that were picked by both teams....

3 overlaps - 1 went to outlaws, 1 went to bandits, and 1 went to town.

I think part of the problem was each team needed 4, so I had them pick 7. As it turns out 3 that were picked overlapped.

So - choice A - give them everyone they picked and leave the 3 who were overlap to the town, though that puts the town at a disadvantage because of the two groups to pick - each has a suspect list of 3.

Choice B - split the difference - which I did. Problem was the 3rd person was Shadow who ended up in Town, and with his reputation going it put him in the crosshairs for both. Though it was good that both groups went after him to find him a townsperson as that would throw the suspect game off a bit, it was bad news for Shadow.

Choice C - Let one group pick before the other group. I think I'll have the Outlaws in YOW 2 pick before the Bandits - as the outlaws with the killing and the lynching has a greater effect on removing someone from the game...a little more fair to those that aren't picked.

One other thing I suggest doing is creating the extra's group larger. Previously I used 7 (4 on team + 3 extras) as the number to pick. Next time, I think I may go with a larger number like say 10 (4 on team + 6 extras) - gives a longer suspect list thus spreading out the chance a group will have to kill a person not on their list harder.

Mixing it up like that would work well I think.

Zeb - it hasn't been updated in a bit. I'll get to that soon. I think the summertime stuff threw the schedule off kilter.

DarkLightDragon
2007-06-30, 02:48 AM
Hehe... I posted a sneak-peek for WWX but deleted it. I wonder if anyone was quick enough to copy it to somewhere? :smallamused:

Probably not.

Anyway, I'm back!

DungeonMaster77
2007-07-02, 08:37 AM
Hey All!

I will, again, be leaving overseas, and don't think I'll be able to manage a WWC game for at least the first month of my deployment (It's only a 2 month deployment, so I want to get into the swing of things before picking up Classic again), so I was wondering if any of the co-Narrators for WWC are interested in a promotion for WWC V? This would be a 1-2 game thing, as I'll pick it up when I return.

Oh, and if anybody sees the screen-name Seguilana, try to be nice to her and not give her too much of a hard time, as she's my wife.

Weebl
2007-07-03, 01:33 AM
I'm getting more time now so Put me on the Co-Narrator list please.

Helgraf
2007-07-03, 08:13 AM
Ya know, I've thought of an interesting mini-variant that is useful in games with more than one scryier-type.

Scry interference: Should more than one scryier type scry the same person in the same round, all results focused on that person will fail, due to cross-scrying interference ... too many people using the third eye to try and look at the same person at the same time create resonance that effectively cancels them out. They'd know the scry failed and why, but not who the other parties looking were.

I figure it's not likely to happen often, but might encourage multiple scriers to use a different tactic than, say, every seer trying to scry, say Alarra* on night one.

Yeah, this variant is deliberately designed to try and get seers to vary their initial scries or risk losing a night's work. And yes, this variant is also designed to give some of the 'heavily scried' players a friggin break. It's well obvious that certain players get scried considerably more often than others, under the theory that somehow the 'best' players will get a disproportionate number of special roles, which in a non-alpha game shouldn't really be the case, yet the situation remains...

* Insert name of frequently scried player here as appropriate.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-07-03, 10:45 AM
DM77,

I'm certainly willing to be co-narrator with someone else for WWC-V, since I'm the current co-narrator. But I think we could also just have it wait until you are able to take over again.

It's completely your call, but don't be afraid to let it take a break for a month or two. It's still possible that the current game could last for quite a while yet.

Helgraf,

Much as I want to stabbity you repeatedly after WWC-IV, I think you have a good idea there.

Alarra
2007-07-03, 11:43 AM
I like the idea of scry interference a lot. And yeah, there are enough games going on that we don't necessarily need to start one up right after the previous one ends.

Helgraf
2007-07-03, 12:19 PM
DM77,

I'm certainly willing to be co-narrator with someone else for WWC-V, since I'm the current co-narrator. But I think we could also just have it wait until you are able to take over again.

It's completely your call, but don't be afraid to let it take a break for a month or two. It's still possible that the current game could last for quite a while yet.

Helgraf,

Much as I want to stabbity you repeatedly after WWC-IV, I think you have a good idea there.

Oh come now ... the field is balanced at this point. No Seer, No Fool, No Devil. Just everyone having to be paranoid like they're supposed to be. ;)
Sure, there is still a baner, but everyone knows who it is.

The wolves still have quite good odds of taking WWC-IV, and you know it.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-03, 01:03 PM
Hey, what about someone who makes someone look like someone else? Like "Disguise Master" or something. They just pick one person each day (the day and night period) to make a different role for (scrying purposes only). I'm not sure if they should be good or bad, if there should be two of them, or if maybe they should be neutral with the operator of "Must survive, but can declare to the narrator what side they work anytime within the first 3 days."

Sorry if this has already been done.

Oh, and Helgraf, I really like that idea. Great ingenuity and insight. I'm sure Shadow, Alarra, and all the other commonly-scried players will slobber you with kisses for that. :smalleek:

DungeonMaster77
2007-07-03, 01:04 PM
Well, to be fair, I don't think it would be a full month, but if everyone agrees, then I will just wait then. Look forward to hearing from me after I get in country. FYI, due to the 3 days it will take to get from point A to point B, does anybody want to take over as Narrator if the game currently running doesn't end in about a week real-time? Or does everybody think evnafets can handle it?

Evnafets: Do you think you can handle being sole Narrator for the last few rounds? If so, the above is moot, and you can be Narrator while I am gone. My last day of posting for WWC until I get into country will be 8 July, and should be able to post again starting around 20 July. You good with that?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-03, 01:07 PM
I'll finish the game as a narrator if you so desire, but it will take second place behind Pirates, but Its been too wild to see it not end.

Alarra
2007-07-03, 01:07 PM
Yeah, that's already been done XF...There's an illusionist and possibly a witch role in a lot of games that does precisely that. Usually one on each side.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-03, 01:10 PM
Oh, okay, thanks then. Bah, it's so hard to come up with good, new ideas for these games. Maybe we could post the variants somewhere?

Oooh, a "Build-Your-Own-WW-Game!"
Everyone votes on which aspects they want for it, and each new game has completely different twists. You can even vote for different themes for each new role. That could be fun, but I think there are too many games for that to generate much interest. Still, if enough people are interested, I'd be willing to try my hand at it.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-07-03, 02:34 PM
Xykon_fan,

You should hunt down the Mafia III thread and see just how powerful that role can be in the right hands. I believe the role was called the Mole in that game and Shadow was using it to control the whole game like some crazy puppet master. It was pretty impressive once he posted his recap.

Madmal
2007-07-03, 11:20 PM
Well, i'm now on vacations so i can easily try to help with the WW games

so put me in the list for co-narrators, please.

Helgraf
2007-07-04, 12:31 AM
Oh, and Helgraf, I really like that idea. Great ingenuity and insight. I'm sure Shadow, Alarra, and all the other commonly-scried players will slobber you with kisses for that. :smalleek:

You know ... the phrase slobber with kisses ... really doesn't do it for me. EVen moreso if it's a man doing it.

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-04, 07:53 PM
Good Idea, and if it isn't implemented for WW VIII, I'll more than gladly test run it in WWIX, as it should be easily adapted for the setting I had in mind. Further information will be released once WWVIII begins.

Shadow
2007-07-05, 02:08 PM
With Tormskull and Lucky running a game similar to the one that we created, I'm going to post the rules here and see what kind of reception it gets.

If it gets a good reception, and T & L's game plays smoothly enough, we'll give it a shot soon enough.

This is a game that Helgraf and I were working on.
It combines an idea that he had with one of mine and we think it works quite nicely.

Vampire
A Werewolf variant.
This one has a few differences from normal Werewolf games, and as such, we've decided to play it with a different antagonist. Pay attention to the details for the changes.

Once we have enough players, I or the co-Narrator will PM each player with their role, which will be one of the following, determined randomly, without regard to what they have played in the past.

The Story:After hearing of Vampires attacking the next village up the coast, the Lord of the lands decides that it would best suit everyone's safety to bunker themselves up within the walls of the Keep until news of the Vampires passing comes to them. Unfortunately, the Lord doesn't know that a Vampire Master has been hibernating in his lands for far too long, and has awakened with the others to feed his bloodlust.

Locked within the Keep, the peasants must find and destroy the Vampires before they are destroyed themselves.

Each game day consists of a 48 hour night phase and a 24 hour day phase.

--Peasant: You are a peasant. Your job is to stay alive, and ferret out the Vampires. Counts, obviously, as a peasant.

--Vampire Master: Leader of the Vampire Coven. You have just awakened from a centuries long slumber and went on a ravenous feast of blood the previous night. You remember nothing of the previous night's activities, nor do you remember whom you feasted upon due to the drunken blood haze that fills your memory.
--Because of this, the Vampire Master (same as the other Vampires) does NOT begin play with knowledge of who the other Vampires are (see below).
--Every third night, while the Vampire Master still lives, instead of draining a peasant dry, he can choose to create another Vampire Spawn by draining a peasant almost to the point of death and then letting the individual drink from the Vampire Master's veins (if he/she so chooses).

--Coven Mystic: Is basically the seer for the Vampires. Counts as a Vampire. The Coven Mystic (same as the other Vampires) does NOT begin play with knowledge of who the other Vampires are (see below).

--Vampire Spawn: You have awakened this night with little memory of the previous nights events. You do have a vague recollection of being viscously attacked on your way home. You were attacked by a Vampire and have now risen as one yourself. Your job is to lie, deceive, and cajole the peasants into not lynching you. After day begins, PM the narrator(s) with your vote on whom you wish to drain dry/convert to spawn.
--The Narrator(s) will NOT PM you with whomever the other Vampires are. Your vote, obviously, counts as a vampire. If there is a tie in the vote for the Vampire kill, the Narrator and co-Narrator will be the tie breakers. This will be determined randomly by us from among those listed as possible. If the vote for whom to kill should happen to be an unknown Vampire, instead of death, all of the Spawn who voted to kill said player learns that he is a fellow Vampire, and thus, a Coven is created. Each Vampire not yet introduced into a Coven votes separately.
--*Note* The Narrator(s) will keep track of how many Vampires have been introduced to any given Coven. When the Coven vote gets sent in, all Vampires which are a part of the Coven will be counted as voting for that person, and weigh that versus the individuals still apart from the Coven.
--As the game progresses, the Vampires become more coordinated.

--Mason: Your job is to ferret out the Vampires, and to protect your fellow Masons. The Masons begin the game with knowledge of who the other Masons are. Your votes count as peasants.

--Fool: The Fool is told at the beginning of the game that he is a Diviner. When a Fool gets his foresight in the evening, he gets a random chance as to what he sees when he points somebody out. When he points to the Diviner, he will always see the Fool, and visa versa. Counts as a peasant.

--Lovers: These two people's souls are so intertwined that if one of them should die, the other will fall dead of a broken heart. These two people can be anyone in the game: Vampires, High Council Members, etc.

--Fueders: These two people hate each other so much that they will do anything in their power to kill the other. A fueder is only considered winning the game if he/she survives and the other fueder is dead. Fueders cannot begin the game as a Vampire (or it would be too easy for one fueder to take the other out).

--Abbot: Each night, the Abbot can hide one person in the church, saving that person from being lynched that night. PM your choice to the Narrator

--Fallen Priest: The Fallen Priest left the clergy years ago, but still has a little bit of Holy Water in his room. Three times during the course of the game the Fallen Priest can splash a person with Holy Water to see if it burns them.

--The Lord: Adored by all his/her subjects, the Lord's vote counts as three when determining who will be lynched.

--The Heir: Heir to the Lord, the Heir's vote counts as two when determining who will be lynched. The Heir becomes the Lord if/when the Lord is killed.

--The Court Jester: Everyone loves the Court Jester and listens to his funny tales with rapt attention. The Court Jetser's vote counts as two when determining who will be lynched.

The High Council All High Council Roles will be assigned before any other Roles. Unless otherwise noted in their description, the possibility exists that some of the council members may, in fact, be Vampires, Lovers, etc.
The High Council Consists of:

--Illusionist: Each day the Illusionist can use his/her ability to cause the Coven Mystic and the Diviner to see falsely. Target player shows as any role of the Illusionist's choice upon scrying by either of the aforemetioned individuals.

--Divinier: Each night, the Diviner can PM the narrators to look into the soul of a townsperson each day in order to see their true role. The Diviner must be a Peasant.

--Abjuror: Can protect one person per day from the Vampires. The Abjuror must be a Peasant.

--Necromancer: Once every three days the Necromancer can raise one dead player from the grave. Raised players are randomly assigned a new role based on the roles that have already been killed (Vampire Spawn is a possibility as well). Once used, this ability cannot be used again until two full days have passed.

--Enchanter: Each day the enchanter can Charm one person and cause them to vote for whoever the enchanter wishes them to on the following night. Charmed players cannot, however, lead on that they are being controlled under penalty of death.

--Transmuter: Each day he/she chooses a target and a random effect from all the roles happens to that person.

--Evoker: When killed, the Evoker (while fighting for his/her life) casts an enormous fireball, destroying his/her enemies. If killed by Vampiress, one random Spawn is killed. If killed by lynching, the last person to vote for the Evoker is killed.

--Conjuror: Summons creatures to do his/her bidding. Five times during the course of the game, the Conjuror can choose to cast a spell and summon a creature to various effects.
Possible summonings:Faithful Watchdog: The faithful Watchdog may be summoned during the day to protect a target player from Vampires. In the event that Vampires attack the target player, the Faithful Watchdog dies instead of the player, but not before barking so loudly as to draw attention to the attack, possibly revealing a single (random) Vampire for who he truly is.

Avoral Guardinal: The Avoral can be summoned either during the day to protect from Vampires, or at night, at any time before dawn breaks, to protect a person from lynching.

Invisible Stalker: The Invisible Stalker can be summoned either at night or during the day, anytime before dawn breaks, to kill a target player as the Vampires would.

Pixie: When summoned, the pixie shoots a target player with a sleep arrow, forcing the player to become inactive for the following night. Any posts by a "sleeping" character during the following game day will be considered cheating and will lead to said player's death. This summoning may only be cast during the day phase (so that the player and narrators are certain to be able to enforce it properly).
*note: This ability is used to *force* a player to simply fall silent for the day. This ability cannot be used to force a player to be autolynched. If used against a player threatened with autolynch, that player recieves one more day to become active.

Once the majority has voted for one person, that person is lynched. Dawn breaks, and it begins again. The lynched person is out, and can make comments, but nothing that could influence a vote. When a lynching happens, it is NOT revealed as to which role the person had unless said player was a Vampire.
If/when a body is found at dusk it is NOT revealed which role they had.
If the Vampires start blind, the entire game should continue that way.

Helgraf's "Scry Interference" rule will be used.

*NOTE* It is highly recommended that players (even after their death) keep their roles a secret, as the Necromancer may very well raise you into the game once again.
A list of the Roles will be released upon completion of the game.

Victory Conditions:

For the Peasants to win, the peasants must kill all of the Vampires.

For the Vampires to win, they must simply reduce the number of peasants to equal their current numbers.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-05, 03:01 PM
Looks fun!!

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-05, 11:19 PM
That looks really good, Shadow & Helgraf. I was thinking about trying to run a game with the equivalent of hidden cards (Cards are used for determining roles in the standard, non-forum mafia. They are normally revealed on death.)

*Eagerly awaits Vampire game*

Funny enough, I was thinking about posting here regarding a game where nobody knows their friends. Essentially it would be an assassin game. You are on a team, but you don't know who your friends are (unlike the above game, you can kill your friends given enough points from all your team mates as well). I'll see if I can get the details sorted out if you guys think it would be fun. All of you seem to always have great ideas for games.

smellie_hippie
2007-07-06, 03:09 PM
I'm still working on the details, and need to get in with the scheduling.
But never-the-less... coming soon to a "werewolf thread" near you...

Camp Sleeps-A-Lot!
Itís that wonderful time of the summer. Moms and Dads all across the world relax, unwind, throw key parties and ship their children off for two weeks of Summer Camp! Camp Sleeps-A-Lot promises weeks of outdoor activities like canoeing, hiking, swimming and archery. The cabins each sleep 10 campers and the dining hall has room for 50. The Camp Director (Smellie_Hippie) also hosts the fire-pit Jamboree for skits and the incredibly famousÖ Ghost Stories!
The sad news is that Camp Sleeps-A-Lot has fallen on hard times as of late. Not as many campers have enjoyed their stay. In fact, many of them have run home crying after having horrible nightmares! :smalleek: Smellie_Hippie and his co-directors have endeavored to make a last ditch effort to save the camp. They are pulling out all the stops with good food, memorable wilderness experiences and the most hair-raising ghost stories that have ever been told!
So pack your bags, grab your swimsuits and spray for bugs! Itís time for Summer Camp!

I'll post a sign-up thread at a later date, once I have some interest and approval.

Shadow
2007-07-06, 03:59 PM
I'll bring the s'mores!

Alarra
2007-07-06, 04:17 PM
*stamps approval* and interest...and packs a bag...I love camp!