PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf Central

Pages : 1 2 [3]

EmeraldRose
2007-07-06, 04:53 PM
OOO! Camp! *misses Summer Camp* I'd play...:smallbiggrin:

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-07, 01:11 AM
I'd definitely play! Yay! Summer Camp WW!

InaVegt
2007-07-10, 06:59 AM
I was currently thinking of new WW-likes and thought of this one.

Infiltration
There is a terroristic organization wishing to blow up the statue of the great Rich Burlew, creator of the playground. This has been found out by the inhabitants of the playground who wish to get rid of these infiltrated terrorists.

Roles
Good guys
Poster: (villager) The everyday common poster of GiantITP
Moderator: (mason) Those who have been chosen by Rich to protect his playground.
Admin: (baner) The one who can prevent people from being kicked out of the community, as chosen by rich..
Random Banterer: (seer) An active participant of RB, as such is familiar with the people in the playground and knows how to look if people can be trusted.
Townee: (fool) An active participant of the playground, dabbles in RB and as such thinks he's the RBer
Bad guys
Terrorist: (werewolf) one of those wishing to bring everything reminding people of Rich away from the forums.
Hacker: (Devil) Someone with high computer skills, capable of finding out someone's true status on the forums.

The catch
The catch is that there is no day/night, everything happens in turns of 48 hours, including the sending of actions. The results of actions, as well as the posting will be made at the end of the 24 hour period (with the post first)

-----------

What do you guys think?

Vonriel
2007-07-10, 11:07 AM
I've been wanting to try my hand at co-narrating, in case anyone wants to have my help.

I've also been toying around with an idea for a role, whose powers only come after they die. I'm not entirely sure how to make the powers fair, though.

Spoilering the rest of the idea, as it's rather long.
I was thinking of giving them the ability to possess, but the only way I can think of to keep it from being abused would be to have it so that they could choose to possess a villager, which would let them act as a villager for the day and their vote would count twice, or they could choose to possess a wolf, and they could choose who they killed that night. I was thinking that both would have a 3 day cooldown, but be on separate cooldowns. The IC reason for this would be that everyone would know of the possession the moment it ends, and they'd be on the lookout for this happening again. No names would be given out for the wolf/villager possession, so if they did possess a wolf it couldn't be given back to the villagers. The role holder would also be allowed to participate in sharing information even after their death, but they couldn't vote unless they had possessed a villager. Before they die, they're just like a normal villager, but the seer/devil scries would be able to see him as the "ghost" (for lack of a better title).

One thing I'm not so sure on is how to handle allowing this role in the game. I can see people purposefully trying to get themselves killed to gain access to the abilities, but then the whole vengeful spirit concept (why else would he want to forcefully possess bodies?) just doesn't feel right - how can you be vengeful when you wanted to die? I'm thinking if autolynched, you don't get your abilities, similarly, if you were purposefully trying to get people to kill you in the thread, you wouldn't get them either.

Anyway, thoughts? Spins on the whole "play after death" concept?

Edit: I have a few more ideas for this role, so if anyone wants to use this and wants to get in touch with me, drop me a PM. I think it could be an interesting one, but some of it should remain secret. :smallamused:

Castaras
2007-07-10, 11:56 AM
@Gezina - Don't make the baner part of the masons automatically. That was one of the problems with the first Rebellion game.

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-10, 06:26 PM
An announcement regarding WWIX

Alarra, my co-narrator and I have determined that the game will be far more successful if we were to recruit one more narrator. As a result of this decision, we are pleased to add Zeb the Troll to our narrator team. Expect further details of the game to be released sometime on July 21st.

InaVegt
2007-07-11, 02:02 AM
@Gezina - Don't make the baner part of the masons automatically. That was one of the problems with the first Rebellion game.

kay, will remove that then.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-11, 09:05 AM
Wisdom teeth out in two hours. I may be gone for a while depending on how long I'm out of commission/my mom insists I stay off the computer. Please don't auto-lynch me in any of the games.

DungeonMaster77
2007-07-12, 01:38 PM
Hey All,

Just got in country today. I am CST + 8 hours here in Qatar. I won't be starting WWC-whatever-the-heck-version-we-are-in-because-I've-been-flying-and-slept-4-hours-in-the-last-28 until I start a work schedule and am set in it, so, that means 1 week from this Sunday. That should be the 22nd of July for those of you keeping track. Sorry about the long wait, and I can't wait to get back in. Thanks for your understanding.

~DM77

Shadow
2007-07-12, 08:00 PM
DM77, you should play one with us.

smellie_hippie
2007-07-13, 06:32 AM
DM77, you should play one with us.

Yeah...

I think I am going to start the sign-up thread for Camp Sleeps-A-Lot this weekend. Come have fun with a werewolf variant!

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-13, 02:56 PM
Note: I will be going away for the weekend, and am unsure when I will be returning, so I ask that I not be auto lynched in any of the games.

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-14, 09:19 AM
*walks into thread*

Could I be put on the PM list for both the WW and WWC games, please? I feel like getting into these games more right now.

That is, if people still use the PM list at all...I wouldn't know.

EmeraldRose
2007-07-15, 07:39 PM
Yeah...

I think I am going to start the sign-up thread for Camp Sleeps-A-Lot this weekend. Come have fun with a werewolf variant!

When are you going to start the sign up thread? :smallconfused:

I could use a relaxing week away at camp...

Helgraf
2007-07-16, 01:09 AM
I will be away Wednesday July 18th until late Sunday 22nd at Dexcon 10 (convention) without internet access. Please don't autolynch me...

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-17, 12:44 PM
I've been thinking. The main problem with starting a revolution in Revolution is it basically only clears inactives, since once three people are on the revolution, everyone joins. It gets about 2-3 people killed, but everyone else is fine since they just joined up for no reason.

I would suggest one or more of these changes:

The revolution is declared anonymously by PMing the narrator, who will then place the notice in the thread. After the revolution is resolved, it is revealed who the originator, supporters, and detractors were.

The supporters or opposers of the revolution send in PMs to the narrator with their opinion regarding it.

The revolution leader gets some benefit from starting the revolution, which he chooses from a list when he starts the revolution. Ideas for the benefits would be his vote counts as double for all future points, he gains one use of protection the next night, he is given the power to scry someone the next night, etc.

The revolution leader, if another revolution is started, will die if the revolution is successful, whether he supports it or not.

Shadow
2007-07-19, 11:19 AM
Just so that you're all aware.
Anyone that sent me a PM in the last 36 hours, I probably deleted it.
I didn't feel like sifting through the 68 new PM's that I had to find the fun/important ones.
I did save a few, however if you sent me one that I absolutely needed to read, please send it again, as I may have deleted it.

Korias
2007-07-19, 12:22 PM
If you could, Add me to the Co-Narrarators List. I have time on my hands, and am familiar with many werewolf-type games. They're rather fun.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-19, 02:34 PM
I was wondering...has there ever been an OotS werewolf game?

Durkon/V-Seer
Elan-Fool
Xykon-Alpha
Redcloak-Devil
Roy-Baner

I'd organize one myself, but I think it'd be better if someone else used my idea, since I'd be too busy with other stuff to organize a game.

Castaras
2007-07-19, 03:16 PM

Durkon/V-Seer
Elan-Fool
Xykon-Alpha
Redcloak-Devil
Roy-Baner

I'd organize one myself, but I think it'd be better if someone else used my idea, since I'd be too busy with other stuff to organize a game.

Hmm... *goes to think through rules*

That'd be a sweet game though...

HyramGraff
2007-07-19, 03:37 PM

Durkon/V-Seer
Elan-Fool
Xykon-Alpha
Redcloak-Devil
Roy-Baner

I've had some thoughts along the lines of doing OOTS vs. Linear Guild during the fight for the amulet the early strips.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-19, 04:28 PM
I'd just like to point out that I am not going to run this game. Or any other game. Ever. Go ahead and take my idea if you want, because I'm not going to use it.

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-20, 07:53 AM

Durkon/V-Seer
Elan-Fool
Xykon-Alpha
Redcloak-Devil
Roy-Baner

I'd organize one myself, but I think it'd be better if someone else used my idea, since I'd be too busy with other stuff to organize a game. I'd consider using that for WWX if I hadn't already come up with an idea...

...I'm getting nervous now that WWX is only a couple of games away. I hope what I have in mind works!

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-20, 10:01 PM
DLD, we're in the same boat. My next post will reveal some spoilers about WWIX. I'm not sure how well my idea is going to go over, but I'm hoping it works out well.

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-20, 10:17 PM
WWX is going to involve a fair amount of conflict...

...That is all for now.

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-20, 10:57 PM
It gives me great pleasure to reveal to you what WWIX is all about.

WWIX - Hogwart's Havoc!

This shall be, (obviously) a Harry Potter themed Werewolf.

Starring: Eldritch Knight as Harry Potter
Alarra as Hermoine Granger
and Zeb the Troll as Ron Weasley

Featuring:

A Dual Alpha Game
Magical Items
House Point system (Players shall be sorted into houses at the beginning of the game.)
Unique House Abilities
Living Narrators - Roleplay with the narrators!
Never before seen roles and rules dynamics

Coming Soon..

(Now, looking back, has anyone noticed the clues I had made much earlier?)

EmeraldRose
2007-07-20, 11:09 PM
Hmm...so the narrators don't get killed off right away? Would they will be available for points and lynchings? Will they be there the entire game? Or will they be killed off during the game? Would they be absolutely safe from any turmoil in the game?

Also...dual alphas?

I'm intrigued....

I'd play! :smallbiggrin:

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-21, 04:58 AM
Actually, the narrators will have Plot Immunity. Though it would be kinda cool to see the players lynch the narrators, for this game, that won't be an option. This is intended to be a game with a strong RP influence, (you need not roleplay if you do not wish to) so the other narrators and myself agreed that the best way to facilitate the roleplaying would be to take the roles of Harry, Ron and Hermoine, as that way we don't get people fighting over who roleplays as who. We might kill off one or more of the narrators, but that's a decision that hasn't been made yet.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-21, 05:19 AM
I'd certainly join that. Can we at least cause serious harm to Harry and co.?

pingcode20
2007-07-21, 05:27 AM
I've been thinking. The main problem with starting a revolution in Revolution is it basically only clears inactives, since once three people are on the revolution, everyone joins. It gets about 2-3 people killed, but everyone else is fine since they just joined up for no reason.

I would suggest one or more of these changes:

The revolution is declared anonymously by PMing the narrator, who will then place the notice in the thread. After the revolution is resolved, it is revealed who the originator, supporters, and detractors were.

The supporters or opposers of the revolution send in PMs to the narrator with their opinion regarding it.

The revolution leader gets some benefit from starting the revolution, which he chooses from a list when he starts the revolution. Ideas for the benefits would be his vote counts as double for all future points, he gains one use of protection the next night, he is given the power to scry someone the next night, etc.

The revolution leader, if another revolution is started, will die if the revolution is successful, whether he supports it or not.

That sounds like a great idea! I would certainly support at least a trial run for next Revolution cycle - whether it's me or JX or someone else running incarnation IV.

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-21, 10:48 AM

You can Try....... :tongue:

Castaras
2007-07-21, 10:53 AM

You can Try....... :tongue:

Please please please please can I murder Harry? Please?

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-21, 11:00 AM
Please please please please can I murder Harry? Please?

Hmm...... NO! If Harry Dies, it must be by Voldyshorts... (According to the Canonical prophecy. This game is set in an AU Year 5.)

Edit: Or is it ME you want to murder, not Harry?

Castaras
2007-07-21, 11:03 AM
Nah, it's Harry. :smalltongue:

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-21, 11:45 AM
Nah, it's Harry. :smalltongue:

Darn.... I thought I finally had an Archnemesis......

... Wait, don't I have one already in my twin brother?

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-21, 12:03 PM
Darn you, EK! Did you have to do this just as I'm going to go off to college? I even promised my parents I would stop joining more WW games when I went there. Bah...will it start before Aug. 13th?

@V: Oh thanks, lost track of the numbers...Okay, I guess I'll keep an eye out and hope that I can join when it starts.

Alarra
2007-07-21, 12:10 PM
No...it won't be starting for quite some time. WW VIII isn't even finished recruiting yet, and this game won't start recruiting until that one finishes.

EmeraldRose
2007-07-21, 12:13 PM
Aww...no games at school XF? That's no fun. Makes sense though....these can take up lots of time.

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-21, 12:26 PM
No...it won't be starting for quite some time. WW VIII isn't even finished recruiting yet, and this game won't start recruiting until that one finishes.

Yeah.. The other narrators and I agreed to release the spoilers today simply because it fit up with the worldwide release of Deathly Hollows. Once WWVIII starts winding down we will send out reminder messages to everyone on the list. If you are interested in joining the game but are not on the list, you will be more then welcome to, but as we are assigning Harry Potter characters to all players, (before the roles are assigned) it would be a good idea to get on the list as soon as possible.

Madmal
2007-07-21, 12:34 PM
I suppose you mean the list at the start of the thread...

well, better go clean my PM box anyways.

Raistlin1040
2007-07-22, 03:11 PM
Empire II=Done. Klingons (Wolves) won!

EmeraldRose
2007-07-24, 10:14 PM
*pokes head in*

Anyone heard of when Camp will start?

*looks pointedly at hippie*

:smallbiggrin:

InaVegt
2007-07-25, 05:37 AM
Infiltration started recruiting (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51774)

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-28, 03:19 AM
I'll be gone for a while (I'm not sure quite how long) so I won't be in any of the games I'm in for a little bit. Please don't auto-lynch me. I think that's it, so...bye everyone!

Shadow
2007-07-29, 01:05 PM
Helgraf: I'm thinking of starting the Vampire sign up thread after Camp is done.
Whad'a'ya'say?

Castaras
2007-07-29, 01:59 PM
Helgraf: I'm thinking of starting the Vampire sign up thread after Camp is done.
Whad'a'ya'say?

Start it now! Start it now! Start it now!

:smalltongue:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-29, 02:23 PM
Give poor Shadow time to recover from Pirates and Camp a few days to start, Castaras. Us old timers, don't have the limitless energy of youth, you know. :smalltongue: :smalltongue:

Castaras
2007-07-29, 02:31 PM
Give poor Shadow time to recover from Pirates and Camp a few days to start, Castaras. Us old timers, don't have the limitless energy of youth, you know. :smalltongue: :smalltongue:

Oh alright, alright. :smallamused:

Khaldan
2007-07-29, 02:33 PM
You do know that they lie about having less energy, right? we have proof! PROOF!!

Shadow
2007-07-29, 02:34 PM
It's not the limited energy that gets me (my ADHD takes care of that), it's lhe limited time. Some of us old timers simply have more on our plates.

Helgraf
2007-07-29, 11:32 PM
Whad'a'ya'say?

Sounds like a plan to me.

Shadow
2007-07-30, 02:03 AM
OK, then that's the plan.
See if you can come up with any more day to day activities, to keep it exciting. I have a couple on the burners.
Let's see what you forsee happening.

Helgraf
2007-07-30, 02:36 AM
Eh? Brain not at it's best at near 4 am ... PM me what you're meaning so my brain can go "Oh, that's what he meant" an give you a meaningful answer.

Shadow
2007-07-31, 01:53 AM
Eh? Brain not at it's best at near 4 am ... PM me what you're meaning so my brain can go "Oh, that's what he meant" an give you a meaningful answer.

answer PM'd.

evnafets
2007-08-01, 05:50 PM
The marathon that was Werewolf Classic IV has ended.
Villagers won with 3 villagers remaining alive.

Beren One-Hand
2007-08-02, 10:34 PM
I'd like to be added to the auto-sign up for WW Classic.

Thanks.

Jontom Xire
2007-08-03, 01:55 AM
What happened to WW VIII? It seems to have died.

Also where are the sign-up threads for WW Classic and the next Pirates, and also the next Revolution! game.

evnafets
2007-08-03, 05:39 AM
What happened to WW VIII? It seems to have died.

Also where are the sign-up threads for WW Classic and the next Pirates, and also the next Revolution! game.

Well if you take a look at the first post in WW VIII, you'll see the schedule (it is spoilerised). It is due to start on Monday August 6

Infiltration is scheduled to finish signups August 10.
Camp Sleeps-a-lot is recruiting. Not sure of start date yet.

Thats three games currently.
With all this going on I would think we should delay any others starting for a couple of weeks. I'm not sure if DM77 is around or not to start "Classic" but Raldor was scheduled to co-narrate it (looking at the first post of this thread)

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-03, 12:36 PM
Notify me of any game when it begins its sign up period please. That way I can decide which ones to pick.
Auto-signup for any WWC or variants of WW though.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-08-05, 09:06 PM
I've PM'd DM77 to find out when he wants to start the next Classic. I'll try to keep everyone informed. I'll also check with Supagoof and see when he wants to get started on Ye Olde West II.

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-06, 12:19 AM
Just in case anyone was wondering, Rebellion III is over and the Rebels have won. Gotta look at the calendar to see when to start up the next one.

Joosbawx
2007-08-08, 01:19 PM
Hello all...finally got a handle on things on my end of the line and have a hankering for a little Mafia action. I don't see a current incarnation, but then I could be blinded by my own excitement. Looks like a bit of the frenzy over this type of game has faded some her in SMBG land. Is there any interest out there yet for another dose of noir?

Zar Peter
2007-08-08, 01:24 PM
Were'nt Kyrian and you already recruiting for Mafia IV (The Star Wars like)?

But it's maybe better to start a new sign up because the old one is nearly on page 2.

Joosbawx
2007-08-08, 01:26 PM
Hehe, well, the last I heard from Kyrian is that he was going to start that game since he had the time to do so. If that's the preferred iteration, then I can handle that, too. Just seeing inf there is still interest at this point.

Castaras
2007-08-08, 01:26 PM
Hello all...finally got a handle on things on my end of the line and have a hankering for a little Mafia action. I don't see a current incarnation, but then I could be blinded by my own excitement. Looks like a bit of the frenzy over this type of game has faded some her in SMBG land. Is there any interest out there yet for another dose of noir?

Wooo! Joos is back! That means the new noirtastic game is gonna start! Yay!

Xykon_Fan
2007-08-08, 01:40 PM
Awww, man. Joos is back just in time for me to stop WW games for college! That sucks. I really wanted to play a noir game.

Khaldan
2007-08-08, 02:21 PM
sweet, mafia. please make me a bad guy for once, please..

Alarra
2007-08-08, 02:24 PM
You know, we were all just waiting for you to come back. OF COURSE were interested in some good old noir. Mafia's my favorite game at least. Although, I was never that interested in the star wars idea.

Joosbawx
2007-08-08, 03:17 PM
So scrapping Mafia IV and playing a "traditional" noir-esque game sounds like the consensus from posts, chat, and pms that I've received. So I"ll start a thread for Mafia V.

EDIT: well, scratch that, since I, apparently, don't have the ability to create a new thread. Perhaps a kindly moderator would be kind enough to create one for me and I'd be happy to suffice myself with the second post...or perhaps enlighten me as to why I cannot create a new thread.

REEDIT: nevermind...started one in SMBG and requested a move to structured games. (thank you Castaras and Khaldan)

Khaldan
2007-08-08, 03:23 PM
((psst, you cant make a thread in structed. try making one in SMBG, and then yelling at alarra. i dont suggest the yelling though.))

Joosbawx
2007-08-08, 03:40 PM
Mafia V Signup Thread Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53146).

Shadow
2007-08-08, 05:52 PM
You know, we were all just waiting for you to come back. OF COURSE were interested in some good old noir. Mafia's my favorite game at least. Although, I was never that interested in the star wars idea.
Seconded.
All of it.

DungeonMaster77
2007-08-08, 07:08 PM
Hey All,

Thank you for all of your patience while I have been gone. Since I got deployed, I have found that I get very little internet access, defined as once a week, if that. Due to this, I won't be able to be here for WWCV. Raldor has PM'd me to ask to be next Narrator. He has my blessing, and as long as the rest of the WW community is okay with it, he can continue until I get back home, which will be in mid to late September (about 6 weeks or so). I'll keep you all posted as much as I can.

Thanks again,

DM77

Pwenet
2007-08-08, 08:45 PM
Hello folks.

*Takes a deep breath.*

For a little while I have been working on a game that I would like to run here. I have talked to a few people on this forums, and they were kind to help me polish this up, but I'm still looking for more polishing and tweaking and they suggested I post here.

And thus I turn to all of you. I'm new, so I only have a vague idea as to whom to talk to. Those I have been I thank you very much, and here I am taking your advice to post it here.

Besides polishing and tweaking, I'm also looking for a co-narrator who would be interested in running this with me once it is ready for general posting.

And so - I present to you, my game - Space Rebels (title also needs tweaking).

Feel free to either PM or IM me (contact info is in my profile, AIM and MSN are my key ones) in regards to this, even if it is to say that I should never try this again :smallyuk:

In any case, thank you for taking the time to look at it.

It is a time of unrest for the benevolent Terran Empire. Rebel insurgents have been making strikes against various Empire owned installations, demanding less taxes, more supply, whatever Rebels want.

The action takes place on a large luxury liner heading for Earth, when an innocent crewmember discovered supplies that are to be given to the REBELS at the end of their trip, supplies such as weapons, explosives, medical supplies, and a doomsday bomb to destroy the ship if the Rebels are about to be discovered. The Captain discovers this, but is attacked from behind. With his last words he fights off the attacker and tries to warn his crew, however he accidentally tells everyone on the ship.

At this point the Rebel hacker attack the ship, crippling the computer system, and sealing off sections of the ship, along with planting false leads preventing the Ship Crew from finding the location of the Captain and the Rebel Supplies.

Let the games begin!

NPC Roles
The Captain – The Captain has been kidnapped by the Rebels. If the Rebel guard is killed, he is founded and freed. However because of his injuries he is unconscious most of the time, and can only be revived one a day. During that time he will state if the current leader for the lynching is a Rebel Officer or not, which he saw while being a captive.
He has NOT been exposed to any recruited Rebels, and at the beginning of each day after he is saved he will point out who is NOT a Rebel Officer

Factions
Ship Crew – These are the crewmembers on the ship. Due to budget cuts they are understaffed, with only a few officers and to many deckhands. Everyone can vote during the day. Everyone knows who the Ship Crewmembers are thanks to their nifty uniforms; however civilians and rebels only know that they are crewmembers, not their role on the ship. Officers know who the other officers are. Officer votes count twice.
Chief Navigator (Officer) – This is the guy in charge of piloting the ship. Converting or killing him is one of the goals of the Rebels.

Chief Engineer (Officer) – This is the guy in charge of maintaining the ship systems. During the evening rounds he can choose to kill someone in their quarters by doing nasty things to various ship systems. However such attacks can be traced to him and he can only do them every other day.

Chief Medical Officer (Officer) – This is the person in charge of the health of the crew and passengers. Every night he can choose one person to take into the shielded medical bay and protect them under the guise of providing treatments. If converted they will know who the Rebels are and can start saving them instead.

Chief of Security (Officer) – This person is ex-military and during the night shift he can scout throughout the ship and gather clues on a particular person determining what affiliation they are but not their role. Nor will the target know that they have been discovered. Once he has identified a Rebel, he can spend a SEPARATE night action and kill them (meaning he has to wait till the next evening to kill them at the earliest).
Can not be converted

Rebel Traitor #1 – This person works for the Rebels, yet holds a position on the ship. Knows the location of the Supplies.

Rebel Traitor #2 – This person works for the Rebels, yet holds a position on the ship. Knows the location of the doomsday bomb.

Redshirts – These are the standard crewmembers on the ship.

Civilians – The civilians are just on the ship for a good time. During the day they vote on who is a Rebel to Lynch them. At night they do nothing unless they have a specific role.
Psychic – A psychic onboard the ship that during the evening can probe a persons mind and discover their allegiance, however they need to rest their powers for the rest of the day. If he scans the Rebel Psychic, his abilities are shut down for the day, and his role as a Psychic is revealed, but not his alignment along with the Rebel Psychic.

Lovers - A couple on the ship together. The two of them know who each other are, but not the general population. If they vote for the same person, the person receives three votes against them. If one Lover dies, the other dies as well. In addition if one is converted, the other will be as well.

Wannabe Psychic – A person who thinks he has psychic powers and will attempt to find out who is a Rebel, but has no real powers. When they “scan” someone they will get a random response.

Ex-Rebel – A former Rebel that left their ranks due to being disappointed with the cause and having a change of heart.
Immune to being converted back to being a Rebel, will expose said Rebel

Regular Civilian – Just your average civilian.

Rebels – Rebels can vote during the day along with everyone else, looking like civilians and blending in. At night the Rebels can vote to lynch either a civilian or Ship Crew target. Recruitment takes place separately. If someone is targeted for recruitment and lynching in the same evening, they will be recruited first, and if the recruitment fails, then lynched. Finally Rebels know who they are.
Rebel Leader (Officer) – This person leads the Rebels. During the evening his vote counts twice against his target, or he use 1 vote point and try to recruit another target. If his recruiting target rejects the offer, he has a 10% chance of being exposed publicly.

Rebel Mad Bomber (Officer) – This person is in charge of a bomb on the ship. If they are the only Rebel remaining, they will trigger the bomb, destroying the ship. If the bomb is discovered he goes insane and reveals himself.

Rebel Psychic (Officer) – This person can scan people minds during the night to determine their role. If he scans the Civilian Psychic, they abilities are nullified for the night and his role is exposed along with the Civilian Psychic but not his alignment.

Rebel Assassin (Officer) – If the ship supplies are discovered, this person can start killing one person every other night. Meanwhile this person can both try to recruit one person per night and vote in the evening.

Rebel Guard (Officer) - This person guards the Captain whom the Rebels haven’t killed but are holding captive in case they need him alive. If this person is killed the Captains location is revealed and he is saved. If the Rebel leader is killed he will kill the Captain that night.

Rebel Convert – These are recruited people from the ship. They do not vote during the night, but during the day to try to swing the vote in favor of the Rebels.
Victory Conditions:
Ship Crew:
Finding the bomb on the ship
Finding the Rebel Supplies on the ship
Kill the Rebel Mad Bomber

Rebels:
All Ship Crew Officers killed or converted
OR
Rebel Mad Bomber activates the bomb

Civilians:
Mad Bomber does not detonate the bomb

Actions!
Day Actions

Everyone places a vote as to who they think the Rebels are. At the end of the day the votes are tallied, and the person with the most votes will by lynched
All votes are made publicly.

If the Captain is saved:
At the beginning of each day, the Captain will identify someone on the ship as NOT being a Rebel Officer. This does not apply to any Rebel Conscripts that were recruited during the course of the game.

Night Actions

Rebel Attacks – The Rebel Officers meet secretly and decide who they wish to eliminate on the ship. This consists of them PM’ing me their target for the evening. Whoever gets the most votes during this process will die unless they are protected by the Medical Officer no matter what.

Engineer Attacks – The Ship Crew engineer can try to kill 1 person each per night by PM’ing who they want to kill via a ship accident. The attempt has a percentage chance of working against their target, and if it fails the engineer’s roles are hidden.

Recruitment – The Rebel roles that allow recruitments PM me their target who they wish to try to recruit. The target can choose to reject the recruitment offer or accept. If they accept they become a Rebel Convert.

Psychic Scans – The two Psychic character can PM me a character they wish to scan, and will get their alignment and role. However if they two psychics scan each other, their abilities will short-circuit for the day, and their status as psychics will be exposed publicly, yet not their alignment.

Wannabe Psychic Scans – The Wannabe will PM me a character they wish to try to scan, and according to their character they scanned that person and believe it fully. However their results are random.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-08-08, 09:39 PM
OK, if anyone would like to co-narrate WWCV with me let me know.

Tormsskull
2007-08-09, 07:08 AM
Hi everyone,

I had a very small, vague, and unformed idea pop into my head that seemed kind of interesting. I really enjoy the paranoia type WW games, where you don't know anyone elses' roles (and sometimes your own). So I thought about taking this one step farther.

Introducting...

Ultimate Paranoia.

The rules of the game would be posted in the thread, but sign ups & questions would be answered by PM. So the players of the game don't even know who else is playing. Each player would submit a short, one-liner description for their character (i.e. the tall man in the white trench coat).

The objective of the game is to discover who the other players are. As I said, this is a very vaguely formed idea, needs a lot more substance and such, but I think it has merit.

Pros: Totally crazy idea, innovative, different.

Cons: LOTS of PMs, could become very cumbersome, would require possibly 3 narrators to divide up the workload.

If anyone has any comments/suggestions/ideas to help form this idea even more, or if you just want to say sounds good/bad that's cool too.

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-09, 08:08 AM
I admit that's definately innovative and different but a step too far into the realm of craziness I think. Then again, I'm willing to try anything if you think it can work.
The main problem I see is that since the narrators will have to post everything, it will make it extremely difficult for characters to interact with each other and for votes to change after a bandwagon has formed since everything can only be posted when the narrators are on.

Alarra
2007-08-09, 08:28 AM
I like it. However, I can see it being really hard on narrators, and could make one's inbox fill up really quickly. I think it could be really fun though. Of course, it would be biased toward those with a lot of outside contact with common players....and toward those with a *ahem* better than usual ability at finding out people's roles outside of the game. *sheepishly looks away* Nope....I've no idea why I like this game and am not offering to help narrate....none whatsoever...do do do do do...:smallwink:

Shadow
2007-08-09, 01:12 PM
OK, if anyone would like to co-narrate WWCV with me let me know.
I'll give it a go with you if you like. It's getting to the point where I should start narrating if I want to be involved for long....

Khaldan
2007-08-09, 01:19 PM
Shadow, it seems to be at the point where you need to be a wolf to stay alive to day 2. And tormsskull, thats just crazy enough to work.

Shadow
2007-08-09, 01:27 PM
Shadow, it seems to be at the point where you need to be a wolf to stay alive to day 2.
That's not....
err....

Yeah.

Sometimes thay take pity on poor hapless Shadow, expecting the village to take care of me for them, though.
Sometimes, but it's rare.

*is surprised that I'm still alive in Alien Invasion*

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-09, 06:12 PM
You must be an alien then, care to sign a written confession Shadow? :smallbiggrin:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-09, 09:45 PM
I think Pwenet's idea sounds like a lot of fun. I like the alternate conditions of play.

Tormsskull's sounds interesting too.

B-Man
2007-08-12, 08:09 PM
I know that this is way too far in advance (seeing as WW VIII only just started), but I have spent the majority of my summer break finalising the plot and game mechanics of my Werewolf version. So, here's just a snippet of my work.

Werewolf XI - The Bard's Tale*

Prelude

A bard entered a mountain village in the twilight of an autumn evening. He looked very rugged, as if he had been travelling for days. Quietly, he staggered into the village inn and went to the innkeeper.

'What can I do ya for,' the innkeeper asked. 'You look like you have travelled quite a bit.'

'I require a room, but alas I haven't any coin,' said the bard. 'But, I am a bard you see. If you grant me one night's stay, I will entertain your patrons.'

The innkeeper took a moment to think. He did not want to turn the bard away, but he was behind on his rent for the place, so he cannot afford to have a bed filled by someone who couldn't pay any coin. His conscience eating him, he replied: 'Sure thing. If you would just wait, I'll tell everyone that you are here to perform.'

In a matter of minutes, the common-room became overflowing with people, all of whom were eagerly eyeing the bard. It was rare for a bard to come to this village at this time of year. The voyage to this village was too hard, and the demons on mountain pass were strangely vicious this year.

Once he thought that it was full enough, the bard smiled. 'Greetings! Tonight I shall recount the tale of a village, not at all different than this one. A tale of great heroics, of great sorrow, and of great terror. A tale that I have witnessed! The tale of [village]**!' The audience looked at him with there undivided attention as the bard began his tale.

Introducing a new aspect for playing***:

I came up with an interesting idea that involved the Seer/Fool and Devil. What if there were two Seers instead of the distinction of the Seer and the Fool, but during certain nights, they may scry a Fool's scry? How about no scry at all during a night? What if the Devil had a similar handicap? One answer, utter scry fallibility!

And one last note, after looking at my notes and comparing a few things, I will definitely need a minimum of 50 players before I can start (with 75 being optimum). So, if you're in the playground come 'round Werewolf XI (I'm hoping for Feb-Mar 2008), definitely sign up to play!

[hr]* Tentative title. This title is subject to change without warning and at the whim of the creator.
** I still can't think of a name for the village, so it shall remain named [village] 'til my next update (possibly mid to late October '07).
*** Still completely unsure if I want to use it, but if there's enough positive feedback with the second update, I will be including this rule. I'm also still trying to figure out fair ratios for the whole random scry accuracies.

Xykon_Fan
2007-08-12, 08:26 PM
Something Ink said in WW (Whatever number you guys are on right now which I...sadly...can't play in), gave me an idea. What if control of the wolves could switch? Basically, instead of actually contributing, the number of wolves you have in your power gives you more control (votes maybe?) and whoever controls what would probably actually be zombies, in the game, gets the extra votes. Whoever ends the game with control of them wins.

Challenging the leader:
1. Must have identified the leader. (Each citizen might have limited scrying opportunities)
2. Is defined by a role of 1d20+bonuses...
a. Leader gets a bonus equal to the number of zombies he has, and his item bonus
b. Opposing member gets a bonus equal to the item bonus
c. Item bonuses are given for finding certain objects floating around the town (not The Town, but the game town). Finding one of these would be linked to the scrying abilities of the villagers. (Scry or search, etc.)

Classes:
This is just newly thought of, but what if the villagers were given the ability to choose through PM one class during a period in between sign-up and game-start. There is only one of each class (or maybe a limited number), and they each get bonuses to various abilities in game.

Tell me what you think...don't let me overshadow B-Man's idea either or vice-versa...comments on both of ours!

Akaziel
2007-08-13, 03:32 AM
Right, Revolution 3's over, the TDC/Partyniks have won.

I've volunteered to narrate the next game, with Khaldan as co-narrator.

InaVegt
2007-08-14, 03:44 AM
I'm leaving GiantITP, as such, no time for WW.

Shadow
2007-08-14, 11:03 AM
*sniff sniff*

But why Gez?

Joosbawx
2007-08-15, 10:49 PM
Last Day
to sign up for
Mafia V (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53146)!

evnafets
2007-08-16, 01:04 AM
On the number of werewolf games currently running.

Currently running:
- Werewolf VIII
- Alien Invasion II

Currently there are three games on the verge of starting
- Camp sleeps-a-lot
- Mafia 3
- Infiltration

There is at least one more recruiting (Revolution IV)
For myself I would like to play in practically all of them, but I can really only dedicate attention to two games at a time, maybe three at a pinch. I'm certainly not the only one.

Do you think we could get back to a schedule/roster and start maybe a max of one-two games a week? I think it would be to the benefit of both narrators and players.
- Spreading the games out means I can join more
- Larger games = better games in most cases
- regular start dates means that new people won't find themselves waiting in Limbo waiting for the next game to start (which is kinda what I think is about to happen)

Thoughts people?

Supagoof
2007-08-16, 01:54 AM
Ye Olde West II is looking to be on it's way soon. Probably about a week before sign-up thread is posted and 2-3 weeks for game start. (Still finalizing a few details....)

Also, look for the More-Llama's-Then-You-Can-Handle version of a WW style game to be arriving about mid September. To intrigue you some more about this one, it will be based on all 100 Llama avatars in Ceika's ranch and will feature an unprecedented EVERY LLAMA HAS A ROLE! That's right, a WW game with NO VILLAGERS.

WHAT? Did you just say no villagers?

I did. Everyone in the game shall have an action and a role. Some nightly, some daily, and some on a varied time schedule. And I shall, of course, drop more details as Mid-September nears.

To help understand the game play better, here are the directions to Llama School. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=kC-R0VOngTA)

Zar Peter
2007-08-16, 02:58 AM
Infiltration should start today.

New Narrator is HyramGraff,
Co-Narrator is Zar Peter

Joosbawx
2007-08-17, 02:24 PM
When should I start Mafia V? I dont' want to step on another narrator's toes.

Khaldan
2007-08-17, 04:07 PM
Whenever. I just screwed up in WW8, so im ready for another game.

Akaziel
2007-08-19, 06:05 AM
Revolution IV has closed registration, and roles have been sent out.

Game starting shortly.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-21, 07:47 AM
ER and I are talking about running Aliens III.

Has anybody already claimed it? We would like a third co-author as well.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-21, 03:19 PM
If noones got dibs on Alien III I wouldn't mind co-narrating with Andre and ER.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-08-22, 10:49 AM
Ok, I've been a bit out of it lately, but I'm back and ready to run WW Classic whenever it is convenient. It looks like a lot of games are starting up soon. I'll plan on starting sign-ups next Tuesday and letting them run for a week or so unless that conflicts with someone else's game.

Any thoughts?

Korias
2007-08-22, 11:23 AM
Well, Cmon! The TARDIS is waiting! You dont want to be late, do you? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3072844#post3072844)

Journies on the TARDIS Signups have begun!

Introducing two new roles (The Double Whammy and the Immunized, in the form of a Time Lord and Captain Jack), and Hidden Agitator groups, This Dr. Who-ish Werewolf is ready and waiting!

Currently, we have 14 (Fourteen) applicants. With 11 Spots left, Join in fast, our you might just be left in the temporal dust!

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-22, 06:02 PM
Do you think we could get back to a schedule/roster and start maybe a max of one-two games a week? I think it would be to the benefit of both narrators and players.
- Spreading the games out means I can join more
- Larger games = better games in most cases
- regular start dates means that new people won't find themselves waiting in Limbo waiting for the next game to start (which is kinda what I think is about to happen)

Thoughts people?*begs that we get back to this kind of paced startup.* I like to play in the games too but if 8 games are starting in a two week period I'm going to miss most of them.

Korias
2007-08-22, 06:12 PM
*begs that we get back to this kind of paced startup.* I like to play in the games too but if 8 games are starting in a two week period I'm going to miss most of them.

Hear Hear! However, I dont think we can stop the current games in progress. We'd have to instaet a "Grandfather" Rule so that all games in play stay in play, and any games from X point onward must grab a spot on a schedule.

Joosbawx
2007-08-22, 08:39 PM
[s]Well...shall I delay the beginning of Mafia V? I can do that if necessary...[s]

Failed my saving throw vs. compulsory actions and started Mafia V anyway. C'mon, gumshoes, track that Falcon!

B-Man
2007-08-22, 09:49 PM
I would like be removed from the Werewolf auto-sign up, but keep me on Classic.

Just a reminder for Lucky (or Alarra). I requested a while back to be removed from the Werewolf auto-sign up list. Just keep me on Classic and Pirates.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-23, 11:36 AM
I don't know if I really need to post in here or not, but my business is taking off and I'll be returning to school (online) from the first week of Sep to Mid-October. School will be occupying 30 hours a week + the 50 hours for the business, my family, and sleep occupy the rest...

So, if I drop off or out of some games... I'm sorry...

DungeonMaster77
2007-08-23, 09:44 PM
DM77 Claps his hands enthusiastically.

Well played, to the most recent cast of WWC! My hat is off to you and I salute you all for jobs well done!

Yes, the game did take a bit longer, but concidering we had a much larger group than I ever remember running, I don't think it went all that bad. Also, I did not auto-lynch as much as others thought prudent, but I stand by my ruling. As far as the next WWC game, I cannot post as often as needed, so I am unfortunately stuck with the position of letting others take Narrator until I get back to the U.S., which should be around 21 September. It will probably be another week or so before I can take it up again, but I'll keep you all posted. Also, feel free to send me a PM once in awhile, letting me know how things are going, as mail, in any form, is welcome to us searving overseas.

Thanks,

DM77

B-Man
2007-08-27, 10:19 PM
Okay, so today I've been suckered into another update/spoonful for Werewolf XI: The Bard's Tale. So, I shall show you a few new/tweak roles:

New Roles/Role Variations
Alpha Wolf
Lovers
Shaman
Vengeful Spirit

Alpha Wolf While not a new role to Werewolf, it will have one the original ideas for the role. The Alpha has the ability to convert a villager into a wolf once every four nights [not completely certain on this]. If the villager has a special role (for instance, the villager was a seer), the villager would lose that ability upon becoming a wolf. The Alpha Wolf cannnot become a vengeful spirit. Scries as a Villager*. The Alpha does not choose his/her pack at the beginning of the game.

Lovers [Another familiar role] Two fates entwined. They will have a new night action. The lovers may choose a house to stay at for the night for extra protection from the wolves. They can choose to remain in their separate houses. If the lover of the vacant house is attacked during the night, both lovers will live. If the lovers are in the same house and the wolves attack the house they are in, the owner of the house is killed and the other lover may kill one wolf. If either one of them is killed/lynched, they both die. The Lovers cannot become vengeful spirits.

Shaman The Shaman acts just like the baner would work against the wolves. The Shaman's nightly duty is to protect against malevolent spirits that crave blood in the night (ie. protect against Vengeful Spirits). The Shaman cannot become a vengeful spirit.

Vengeful Spirit Many villagers have developed many negative emotions in their life, but are only realised and can be acted upon in death. When a player with a vengeful spirit is lynched (and only lynched), s/he must kill someone in the night in order to find peace in the afterlife.

Nearly every role has the potential for becoming a vengeful spirit in death.

Any comments and/or criticisms are welcome via this thread or my PM box, whichever is more convenient for you (the player/criticiser/commenter). I'd still like some feedback on my Seer/Devil variant. I believe the ratios would be (for the Seer): 50% actual role, 25% of a randomised role (ΰ la Fool-scry), and 25% of no scry [might be further adjusted]. For the Devil: 50% for just seeing 'Villager', 25% detailed role (ie. the ability to see the Seer, Baner, etc, etc.), and 25% for a failed scry.

Next spoonful (which will be more complete) will be late Oct - mid Nov '07**.
[hr][i]* This might change with the next update.
** No more bugging for spoonfuls. Let it sit for a bit. This stuff is very concentrated and isn't swallowed easily. Consult your physician if over recommended daily dosage.

Anything in square parenthesis are just side notes for myself.

Tormsskull
2007-08-28, 11:45 AM
WW VIII ended today with a werewolves victory. Grats to the wolves.

Eldritch Knight
2007-08-29, 10:02 PM
I have yet to confer with my co-narrators, but you can expect WWIX: Hogwart's Havoc to begin recruiting on September 5th. I am not sure when recruiting will end. That is all for now. More details later.

Shadow
2007-08-31, 06:30 PM
Along with many others at this point, I'm going to be gone for a couple of days.
Leaving now to head to....
Iowa of all places....
For a wedding. Be back around Monday night/Tuesday morning.
Have a safe and fun Labor Day weekend all!

DarkLightDragon
2007-09-01, 12:34 AM
Since it's getting closer, I'll tell everyone the theme for WWX-Dragons vs Dragonslayers! These are extra roles on top of villagers and werewolves, by the way. Also, I may or may not be tweaking the Masons slightly. :smallwink:

Dragons vs Dragonslayers will probably not be the title of WWX.

Alarra
2007-09-01, 12:46 AM
Along with many others at this point, I'm going to be gone for a couple of days.
Leaving now to head to....
Iowa of all places....
For a wedding. Be back around Monday night/Tuesday morning.
Have a safe and fun Labor Day weekend all!

Hey now. Don't be knocking Iowa. I loooooooooove Iowa. If I weren't completely enamoured with someone living on the east coast and didn't believe that my job prospects in my field would be nill, I would move back to Iowa in a heartbeat.

Helgraf
2007-09-01, 01:23 AM
There's a lot to be said for Iowa. That said, I'm not the person to say it. ;)

From the bits I have seen, it seems pretty nice though.

Shadow
2007-09-03, 03:06 PM
I'm not knocking Iowa.
The people there were lovely, for the most part.

It was an.... interesting.... wedding.

Kantur
2007-09-03, 06:17 PM
Just a small note or two:

Werewolf XII:

The co-narrator shall be....*Drumroll* The Masked Llama!

((Oh, and so no-one worries, the now traditional llamatar vote shall still happen, but time you choose which one dies...))

In other WW-XII related news ...*snip*

The Valiant Turtle
2007-09-05, 11:05 AM
Hey folks,

I've been thinking lately about the problem of co-ordinating scheduling of these games. I'm willing to try to put together and maintain a scheduling website if people think it would be worthwhile. I'd probably go with wolvesitp.com or something similar (unless The Giant would be offended by that). I've already got enough hosting space and bandwidth available (I think), and I've been wanting to try to do something "real" with Ruby on Rails, and this seems like a good opportunity.

I'm thinking that I'd start with the ability for anyone to request a slot and several 'mods' who could assign a general start date (Given the current number of games I think starting 2 a week would be a good guideline). Eventually I'd like to have the ability to track game stats and for narrators to post any notices they might want, but that would be farther into the future.

Any comments?

Castaras
2007-09-05, 11:11 AM
That would be pretty darned awesome.

And useful for us who keep ending up in 8 games at a time...<.<

Zeb The Troll
2007-09-05, 05:39 PM
Raldor, if you did something like that, I'd definitely bookmark it and make use of it.

I support Raldor for WolvesITP. *waves ITP flag*

Zar Peter
2007-09-05, 05:43 PM
Completly superb idea (But shouldn't it be wolfesitp)

Shadow
2007-09-05, 07:29 PM
Well, one of the main reasons that I haven't even really thought of starting Vampire anytime soon is because :
a) I've been really busy lately, and
b) there are so many WW knockoffs sprouting up that I couldn't bring myself to start one more....

Count me in. I'll help any way that I can.

Completly superb idea (But shouldn't it be wolfesitp)Nope. He's right.

Singular: Wolf
Plural: Wolves

Lucky
2007-09-05, 09:01 PM
Due to school starting, and the amount of attention it will demand, as well as my decreasing interest in the boards in general, I have deemed that it is no longer fair to anyone that I run Werewolf Central. I hate to just say "first one who wants it gets it," but I'd rather do that than force it upon someone.

So, whoever's interested may create there own thread of Werewolf Central, and I'd ask this one to be unstickied.

Again, I'm sorry, but it's the best option I can see.

Alarra
2007-09-06, 06:34 AM
I think that sounds like a great idea Raldor. And I'd be willing to help out.
I haven't the time to take over running the ww central thread, but do support someone doing it and starting a new thread.

Also...WW IX: Hogwarts Havoc (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3152688#post3152688) has began recruitment. In case people didna notice.

Supagoof
2007-09-06, 09:43 AM
I would support that too Raldor. The google spreadsheet I once created doesn't seem to be used enough when these new WW threads keep popping up (probably cause it's buried). I'll certainly throw my ring into the hat for helping you out if needed.

Korith
2007-09-06, 09:46 AM
Due to school starting, and the amount of attention it will demand, as well as my decreasing interest in the boards in general, I have deemed that it is no longer fair to anyone that I run Werewolf Central. I hate to just say "first one who wants it gets it," but I'd rather do that than force it upon someone.

So, whoever's interested may create there own thread of Werewolf Central, and I'd ask this one to be unstickied.

Again, I'm sorry, but it's the best option I can see.

Sorry to see you drift off, Lucky - but best of luck!

No, I'm not volunteering. Not yet, at least.

Vonriel
2007-09-06, 10:04 AM
Perhaps we could just move the entire contents of this thread into a new thread called Werewolf central, with the first post by the new owner? *pokes Alarra* Pweeease?

Shadow
2007-09-06, 11:04 AM
OK, y'all.
I just started Werewolf Central Part II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55990) in SMBG.

I'll run it.

If someone (looks at Alarra) could be so kind as to move it to Struictured and sticky it, that would be great. Thanks.

There's a link to this thread so we can look stuff up if needed.

With all the new games and creating a shedule that will work and all that crap, it's going to be a work in progress for a while. Be patient with me, please.