PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Supporty things to do as a Druid?

jaydubs
2014-07-07, 10:47 PM
I've currently got a level 6 druid in a campaign. I've got the standard "wild shape into dire tiger -> pounce -> murder things" equation down. Now I'm looking for more supporty things to help out my teammates. In particular, a melee fighter and a switch hitting rogue.

So far, I've got:

Fighter - Bull's Strength and Barkskin
Rogue - Cat's Grace and Barkskin
A few control spells, like Entangle and Soften Earth and Stone.
I'm also covering party healing.

Some way to grant the rogue sneak attacks would be great. I've thought about mudball, but it doesn't seem like a good use of actions unless it's against a single enemy.

Due to the campaign, I've got access to vermin wild shape from tiny to large creatures, so if you can brainstorm any vermin that could help a rogue out, that would be great as well.

Spore
2014-07-07, 11:25 PM
For the rogue:
1. Spit Venom. If you hit your target is blinded. If it fails the save it's poisoned.
2. Wild Shape/Nature's Ally (anything with Grab): Grappled targets loose Dex bonus. Depending on the enemies a summoned giant ant/leopard may be enough.

Overall buffing:
Feather Step: Your rogue may love you for that. "Bonus points" if you provide the difficult terrain yourself (impeding enemy movement but letting them ignore it).

I can't think of stuff to directly buff your allies. You may heal, summon and debuff. But buffing spells are quite thin for Druids.

jaydubs
2014-07-07, 11:36 PM
For the rogue:
1. Spit Venom. If you hit your target is blinded. If it fails the save it's poisoned.

Overall buffing:
Feather Step: Your rogue may love you for that. "Bonus points" if you provide the difficult terrain yourself (impeding enemy movement but letting them ignore it).

Cool, I'll give those a shot.

2. Wild Shape/Nature's Ally (anything with Grab): Grappled targets loose Dex bonus. Depending on the enemies a summoned giant ant/leopard may be enough.

I think you have to pin to deny dex bonus in pathfinder. But still doable.

inertia709
2014-07-08, 01:40 AM
Mass Snake's Swiftness (http://dndtools.eu/spells/spell-compendium--86/snakes-swiftness-mass--4183/) is a great low level "support" spell to throw down when the enemy is surrounded by your allies. Meleers love extra attacks. Note that it also works on you. Sadly, it does not stack with haste, weapons of speed, etc..