View Full Version : Necro Cheese

CryptbornAkryea
2014-07-08, 04:59 AM
I'd like to show a friend, a dm, the truest, most potent, most fragrant cheesy gestalt Necromancer.

This is for demonstrative purposes as he has foolishly made his game gestalt and made available all dnd books for our use.

Stats are rolled 4d6, reroll 1s and 2s, drop low number.

Level 6, level adjustment buy off is available as well.

We are afforded 30k gold.

Help me dish out the gouda, giants.

morkendi
2014-07-08, 08:59 AM
A lot of stuff you can do with bard on other side i would think to really buff your undead being that cha needed for both classes.

morkendi
2014-07-08, 09:07 AM
Necro// devine bard/dirge singer. Alot of synergy in abilities i would think.

Forrestfire
2014-07-08, 10:05 AM
I think that the classes matter less in the case of this specific option, but Cleric would be useful for having Rebuke Undead around in a situation where control is usurped.

Grab yourself two scrolls, one of Polymorph Any Object (3000gp) and one of Animate Dread Warrior (1650gp + 1250gp per hit die). Find a suitable corpse, then turn it into something nasty. Polymorph Any Object cannot turn you into a templated creature, but it can make an object, in this case, the corpse of a very templated creature.

Some good templates to add are stuff like, say... Half-Fiend, Half-Dragon, Half-Troll, Spellwarped, Lolth-Touched... Really, anything that gives good ability scores and/or extra attacks (and doesn't end up being mutually exclusive with other stuff). Your base creature needs to be a medium or smaller creature that is vaguely humanoid and has at most six hit dice. After figuring out what large pile of templates you're adding, the last two that get applied by the PAO are Dustform and Incarnate Construct, then Paragon (since it's not inherited) and any acquired templates that don't change the type from humanoid.

Congrats, you have a perfectly loyal humanoid monstrosity that follows you around and murders things you don't like. It's got DR/epic, fast healing 20, a small pile of hit points (24 per hit die), Greater Dispel Magic 3/day, and stats through the roof. Have fun.

Segev
2014-07-08, 10:21 AM
I'm not sure Dustform can work, as making a "corpse" of a construct doesn't make a valid target for Animate Dead.

Wacky89
2014-07-08, 10:29 AM
Race: Magic Blooded Gloura
First Side: Dread Necromancer 1 / (Early Entry with feats and retrain after) Rainbow Servant 10 / Warmage 5 (Dragonlance) / Abjurant Champion 4
Second Side: Gloura 7HD 2 LA (Underdark) / Ex-Battle Dancer 1 (Switch from Chaotic Neutral to Lawful Neutral) / Hexblade 3 / Marshal 1 / Witch Hunter 1 / Shaman 5
Feats: Beauty's Bounty
Charisma to 3xAC, Initiative, 3xSaves 1xvs Arcane, HP in addition to con.

Cheesy enough? :D

Forrestfire
2014-07-08, 10:56 AM
I'm not sure Dustform can work, as making a "corpse" of a construct doesn't make a valid target for Animate Dead.

Dustform is an intermediate step towards Incarnate Construct, to get you humanoid type for applying Animate Dread Warrior.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-07-08, 11:50 AM
At 6th level, you'll want to use Cleric or Archivist to have Animate Dead. Arcane casters, even a Dread Necromancer, get Animate Dead as a 4th level spell, but it's 3rd level for divine casters. You could possibly use Dread Necromancer with the feat Versatile Spellcaster in Races of the Dragon, which would allow you to spend two 3rd level spell slots to cast a 4th level spell (Animate Dead) at your current level.

Get Fell Energy Spell from Dragon Compendium, it's a +1 metamagic that makes any numeric bonuses the spell grants to undead increase by +2. Using it with Desecrate will add +3 HP per HD instead of the normal +1, and if there's an evil altar present that +3 gets doubled to +6. If not using Cleric or Archivist, you would want Arcane Disciple for the Evil domain and Wis 13+ to be able to use this.

Corpsecrafter in LM gives undead you create an additional +2 HP per HD, among other benefits, and it's a prerequisite for quite a few more feats in that book. Dread Necromancer 8 also adds an additional +2 HP per HD.

If you're undead (Necropolitan) you can be Spellstitched (CA), it has no LA but it does have a significant XP cost, or it costs 5 gp per 1 xp if an NPC does it for you. Spellstitched can give you Animate Dead as a spell-like ability, so there's no material components. You can pick a race that can take Magic in the Blood in PGtF which makes all your 1/day racial spell-like abilities usable 3/day, including spell-like abilities from templates.

I'd definitely use Dread Necromancer, considering at 7th level you can get the Ghostly Visage familiar and always have it possessing you and manifest over your face in combat to use its paralyzing gaze.

Mystia
2014-07-08, 11:56 AM
If you're asking for the cheesiest thing possible, then it's without doubt the necropolitan > tainted scholar way. Though I'm unfamiliar with how gestalt works :smallconfused:
Also be sure to use Fell Drain Kelgore's Grave Mist shenanigans (beware, chances are that you'll spawn a lot of wights with this), and do grab a cute little undead friend for you to carry around as if it was your firstborn child (Slaymate).

Zanos
2014-07-08, 12:00 PM
Death Master from Dragon Compendium gets Animate Dead as a 2nd level spell and has a decent spell list for a variety of other things.

CryptbornAkryea
2014-07-08, 04:11 PM
I don't think I had realized how many ways there are to abuse necromancy.

I had been thinking of a venerable dragonwrought kobold with undead mastery and zone of animation. I just have no idea how to get 25 charisma at early levels.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-07-08, 04:32 PM
I don't think I had realized how many ways there are to abuse necromancy.

I had been thinking of a venerable dragonwrought kobold with undead mastery and zone of animation. I just have no idea how to get 25 charisma at early levels.

Magic-Blooded template, Dragon 306 p64: +2 Cha, +0 LA
Unseelie Fey template, Dragon Compendium: +2 Cha, +0 LA
Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold, Races of the Dragon: +3 Cha, +0 LA
Start with an 18, you have 25.

CryptbornAkryea
2014-07-08, 04:43 PM
So, for the low, low cost of 2 templates, 3 feats and any one class level that gives turn/rebuke... one could animate 10 times his HD without using any type of spell casting. All at level 1?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-07-08, 06:43 PM
So, for the low, low cost of 2 templates, 3 feats and any one class level that gives turn/rebuke... one could animate 10 times his HD without using any type of spell casting. All at level 1?

Sure, just get two flaws and have at it!