PDA

View Full Version : Turn your body into Holy Water (Need help as I am extremely new to Pen and Paper RPG)

Reksew Trebla
2014-07-08, 11:46 AM
Allow me to explain: The Human (so it may be different for the other races) Body is approx. 70% Water. (Un)Holy Water was originally just Water. Therefore approx. 70% of the Human Body should be able to be turned into (Un)Holy Water.

I want this to work with Pathfinder, but you shouldn't have too many problems getting it to work with D&D 3.5.

I'm thinking a Cleric or maybe a Paladin (I'm still new so I'm not sure which class, if any, would give you the spell Bless/Curse Water, but those two seemed like likely candidates) who can Bless/Curse Water, along with maybe some other requirement involving the understanding of the bodies of living creatures, should be able to take a Feat that gives you the ability to Bless/Curse the Water % of the bodies of life forms. It would require some sort of check of understanding the body of the creature you are attempting to do this to.

Also, it would require that the creature be Non Evil if you are Blessing, and Non Good if you are Cursing.

This would give the creature some sort of bonus against creatures who are effected by that type of water.

The Cleric performing the Blessing/Cursing would have to role something like maybe a 3d6, and that is how many days the water will stay Blessed/Cursed (since it isn't pure water, it won't last forever, and would be overpowered if it did last forever).

And then there should be an improved version of the feat that requires the original, and maybe a feat or trait that would let you do something like Bless Water as a Touch Attack. The improved version let's you Bless the water of Evil creatures (a save would be required to overcome it) or Curse the water of Good creatures, and you can do so as a touch attack. If you fail the save, you end up in a lot of pain, and some effect should occur, like maybe paralyzed.

Alternatively, the improved version wouldn't be a touch attack, but if that is the case, then there should be an even better version that is a touch attack or something similar.

Hope this sounds interesting as a concept, and I hope someone helps me out with working the details out on this.

Realms of Chaos
2014-07-08, 03:53 PM
It's an interesting concept, to be sure, but I'm not sure how "realistic" it is, seeing as you are starting your assumption from the logical progression of targeting water within a living being.

For starters, there's the entire 70% water thing. While that's technically true, 2/3 of that water is held firmly inside of cells, meaning that it isn't available to serve any particular purpose as water. Only 1/5 (about) of the remaining water is in the blood stream while the rest exists as interstitial fluid (there are some other locations with water but the amounts are pretty small).

On top of that, the entire premise of your mechanic seems to be using holy water... to do something holy water just can't do. Seriously, almost anything that could be done with holy water blood could be done by splashing yourself with (or drinking) enough holy water... which does nothing. Holy water damages outsiders and undead. Nothing else.

As a direct translation, holy water blood might harm certain creatures that attack you (turning your blood to acid against some foes) and it might be used offensively to harm evil outsiders (ouch!)

If you want to bless the water in someone's body with special qualities, that's awesome. If you want to say that regular consumptions of holy water are needed to keep those benefits, that works. If you want to say that the benefits emerge because the blood is holy water, though, that's when I scratch my head. The stuff is already pretty well-defined.

jedipotter
2014-07-08, 05:44 PM
You could make a bunch of Holy Water spells easy enough. But they would only effect Evil creatures harmed by holy water.

You would get the same effect from the [Good] spells, or any alignment magic.

Thealtruistorc
2014-07-08, 07:03 PM
I suppose your body could count as a flask for the purpose of containing liquid. In terms of uses, I see some that are viable if only for their hilarity.

1. Eat a ton of prunes.
2. Cast Bless Water on your body fluids
3. Immobilize an evil outsider or undead
4. Let loose the full force of your sanctified bowels, causing everybody else to gaze in awe as you completely redefine the term "holy s%*!"