PDA

View Full Version : (Feat) I heart NY

Orzel
2007-02-27, 08:54 PM
New Yorker

Prerequisite
Human, Iron Will

Benefit
You get +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear and sleep. You also retain your Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if you are struck by an invisible attacker. Whenever you successfully resist a fear effect or Intimidation attempt, you gain a gains a +4 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution for 10 rounds. You also don't

Special
This feat may only be taken at 1st level

"No, you shut up! All 1..2..3.. All 5 of you can shut UP!"

We're a brave, tired, and angry bunch.

MeklorIlavator
2007-02-27, 09:01 PM
uhh... its to powerful as of now. It basically makes sneak attack impossible.

Indon
2007-02-27, 09:24 PM
I'm not getting how being from NYC (Or the state, maybe?) gives you the ability to dodge attacks from invisible people.

Also, what also don't new yorkers do?

starwoof
2007-02-27, 09:31 PM
Something in the water in new york makes all new yorkers superhumanly quick and preternaturally agile. They can smell a gun being fired from a mile away and dodge a bullet fired at them from point blank because of it.

They can also fly. Like neo.

The part about always retaining dexterity and the morale bonus to str and con are... ah, way too powerful to stack into one feat.

Triaxx
2007-02-28, 06:18 AM
That's not right, this is better:

Benefit: Being from New York, you initially run towards danger such as monsters, and gain a +4 initiative for the first round of combat. After that you gain +20 ft. move speed, but only moving away from the enemy.

Tim4488
2007-02-28, 07:34 AM
Ridiculously overpowered, but also hilarious. If it's humor, as I believe it is, I love it. If you want to use it in a game... I'm a little worried.

Orzel
2007-02-28, 09:09 AM
The feat was based on a joke PrC I gave my friend to annoy a DM. 10 levels makes you into a fast and strong willed barbaric monster with friendly conversational skills. Mashing a class into a feat is overcourse overpowered.

d10 HD, 4+1nt skills, barbarian skill list + diplo - ride, good will and fort, uncanny dodge, rage as the spell 1/day each odd level, +2 leadership score, and sleep immunity.

Telonius
2007-02-28, 09:30 AM
Now, if you were basing it off of the TV show instead, it might be something like...
Prerequisites: Iron Will, watching an episode. (Attempting to watch an episode without the Iron Will feat results in an automatically failed Sanity check).
Benefits: Permanently immune to mind-affecting effects and nausea.
Penalties: -2 Int, permanent loss. (This can be overcome only by a Wish or Miracle spell).

Mewtarthio
2007-03-01, 10:26 AM
...No love for Dallas? Nobody loves Dallas...

That's just fine! You people in New York and DC and LA will all die when the aliens/natural disasters/nuclear weapons hit! Dallas never gets shown in those movies!

Orzel
2007-03-01, 10:34 AM
...No love for Dallas? Nobody loves Dallas...

That's just fine! You people in New York and DC and LA will all die when the aliens/natural disasters/nuclear weapons hit! Dallas never gets shown in those movies!

That's why NYer get +4 morale bonus for fear saves. Between the news and movies/TV, accidental or unlucky nonsense doesn't phase us anymore. It just makes us angry (a +4 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution for 10 rounds).

alchemy.freak
2007-03-01, 10:49 AM
Drawback: you lose the ability to have a polite conversation with ANYONE also the ability to make eye contact with people on the streets

(not that i hate new yorkers or anything, just thought it would be funny)

elliott20
2007-03-01, 02:17 PM
That's why NYer get +4 morale bonus for fear saves. Between the news and movies/TV, accidental or unlucky nonsense doesn't phase us anymore. It just makes us angry (a +4 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution for 10 rounds).
I suspect that was reason why it only took us like, two months before we went from "hey-are-you-okay neighbor" back to "don't talk to me *******! neighbor" after 9/11