PDA

View Full Version : Player Help [3.5] Blood storm blade build help

Jak
2014-07-08, 10:45 PM
So, the group I play with decided to do an evil campaign, starting this Thursday. One of those "take over the world" type deals.

Here's the party thus far:

Dread neck romancer
Sneak attack guy
goliath warblade (me)

My question is about the Bloodstorm Blade class in general. How many levels are worth it? What class features do I really need? Is there a better way to do this other than warblade 5/ bloodstorm blade 10? Etc?

We start at level 5, which means I'll be a level 4 warblade with 3k exp until level 5 with the level adjustment buy off.

Feats I have so far with one flaw (shakey) are:
-Tomb tainted soul (so our neck romancer can heal me)
-power attack (probably taking leap attack at level 5)
-point blank shot (to qualify for blood storm blade)

Str-22
Dex-10
Con-16
Int-10
Wis-8
Cha-8

My weapon is probably going to be a large Goliath great hammer, although this is up for debate. If I need to I can use one more flaw for Exotic Weapon Proficiency.

Divide by Zero
2014-07-08, 11:25 PM
I'd only take 4 levels of Bloodstorm Blade, the rest of the abilities are pretty lackluster compared to what you can get from other classes IMO.

Regissoma
2014-07-08, 11:29 PM
I'd only take 4 levels of Bloodstorm Blade, the rest of the abilities are pretty lackluster compared to what you can get from other classes IMO.

I second this. Also, have you thought about going into Master Thrower for any of the ranged trick shots? Otherwise I would just keep taking warblade levels to keep learning manuevers.

Jak
2014-07-08, 11:47 PM
The master thrower doesn't have any tricks that stuck out to me. What about blade storm? Weapon suggestions?

Divide by Zero
2014-07-08, 11:51 PM
The master thrower doesn't have any tricks that stuck out to me. What about blade storm? Weapon suggestions?

Blade Storm is cool if you regularly fight large numbers of enemies, but even then it's not really worth the five weak levels in between.

Well, you could always pick up a reach weapon and go lockdown crusader for the rest of your build. Otherwise, the hammer is probably fine.

Jak
2014-07-09, 12:50 AM
Alright, thanks guys

Firechanter
2014-07-09, 01:45 PM
Note that the BSB, if played strictly as written, is not very good. Since it only allows you to initiate Iron Heart Strikes at range, and there are very few such strikes that qualify. If those restrictions are relaxed a bit, it becomes a totally different cup of tea however.