PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf VI; The Paladins strike back (Started, honest)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Castaras
2007-03-11, 04:14 AM
I am not claiming or not to be the devil. I just hthink your a paladin.

Just think? Then you don't know do you?

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-03-11, 06:13 AM
*The majority suddenly switches from Castaras till it hits Frigs. The wolves set on him, snarling circling him. One pins him to the ground.*

"No, don't kill me, I have power, ever so much power."

*The wolf is just about to rip his heart out when the sun starts rising, you see terror in Frigs eyes as his eyes turn blood shot red and he thrashes, he easily throws off the wolf on him, yet more block his path and knock him down again, he fights like only a desperate entity could. All of a sudden a ray of sun hits him. The effect is instant. A scream is heard that echos in your mind and the air around Frigs seems to be tainted as it pierces the early morning air. You are sure the people on the other side of the valley will be awoken rather rudely. Frigs then turns to ash in an instant.

Frigs the foolish demon was killed*

NOTE: Those who haven't voted either night 1 or 2 will be auto smited tonight unless they give reasons

Castaras
2007-03-11, 06:17 AM
(( That mean he was a wolf? Not a paladin? ))

Castaras
2007-03-11, 06:21 AM
(( :smalleek: Oh dear... ))

Castaras stares as the demon/devil dies. She shudders and heads for her hovel, knowing that her time of living would be short. Either the paladins would get her or the pack will tear her apart.

Exachix
2007-03-11, 06:27 AM
Exachix sighs and returns to his home. Wondering if they'll live through this.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-11, 06:49 AM
We are so dead. Frigs gave himself away so easily. Mind you, how many of the pack gladly jumped on the bandwagon rather than stop and think. Made it easy for the paladins to push it along unnoticed.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-11, 07:57 AM
We are so dead. Frigs gave himself away so easily. Mind you, how many of the pack gladly jumped on the bandwagon rather than stop and think. Made it easy for the paladins to push it along unnoticed.

Ms Elaneous makes a small "eep" of surprise. "Urgh... well, that's not a good sign. But we can't give up yet." She bares her fangs. "Not without a fight. Just keep that in mind." Ms E watches as his ashes blow away with the breeze.

Castaras
2007-03-11, 08:10 AM
We're not completely dead. He was the demon we killed rather than the devil. That means that whoever the devil is, out there, be careful.

Alarra
2007-03-11, 09:22 AM
(well crap :smallsigh:)

Alarra watches the death with a sinking feeling, Well at least he wasn't the devil, that's not quite so bad then.....we still have a chance. She growls faintly before slinking away to sleep for the day.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-03-11, 10:25 AM
Fullbladder raises a glass of water (due to allergies and the current lack of alcohol) after the death.

"Well, all the soldiers e'er died in vain an' all that, lad."

Trog
2007-03-11, 11:18 AM
((Well that's just friggin sucks. Mah. :smallsigh: ))

*lights up a cigarette with his paws. puff*

*sigh* God Trog hates this place. :smallannoyed:

*lays down to sleep for the day under a rocky outcropping and keeps an eye peeled for filthy humans*

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-11, 11:33 AM
Raldor-wolf looks very confused while trying to figure out why we all tore apart Frigs, but is relieved when it turns out he was the Demon.

Grrrrr, he may have been the demon, but he was still good in a fight and ultimately on our side. Lets hope we can rip apart a Paladin tomorrow.

((Seriously folks, thats not how you normally figure out if someone is the Seer-type or the Fool-type. Frigs probably didn't play things as well as he could have, but it was plain as day that he was claiming to either be the Devil/Demon or be in contact with the Devil/Demon. Thankfully he was the Demon, and we just got really, really, really lucky!))

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-11, 11:46 AM
Huh. Well-

*suddenly noticing Fullbladder*

The runt survived?! No wonder these Paladins are hiding among us. Pathetic!

Shoulda been killed at birth..

That's what we'd do back in my day.
You kids, you're almost human.

Copacetic
2007-03-11, 11:51 AM
(( You fools! I knew it! Castaras is Paladin but I'm Dead! YOu're all Fools!))

Castaras
2007-03-11, 11:54 AM
(( Great. Now I know for certain that either

1. The paladins will smite me.
2. The wolves will rip me apart tomorrow.

Good bye all. ))

Lucky
2007-03-11, 11:59 AM
"Well, that's the first good news of the week..."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-11, 01:25 PM
*The llamawolf hybrid snarls at the ashen remains of Frigs* "You would have led us with a pack of lies. Sudden death is too good for you."

(okay, wow. Raldor has a point. We didn't handle that well, but it did work out for the best. At least now our devil knows that he is the true one. Now we just need to find the paladin's illusionist and lynch it and the moon will be true to us.)

Douglas
2007-03-11, 03:47 PM
I would rather have killed a paladin, but this isn't so bad. Removing such a powerful source of misinformation can only help us in the end.

InaVegt
2007-03-11, 05:16 PM
(( You fools! I knew it! Castaras is Paladin but I'm Dead! YOu're all Fools!))

((You're the demon, not the devil. Meaning: your scry didn't mean anything, Castaras has a just as big chance of being a paladin as everyone else))

2007-03-11, 05:28 PM
((Due not all day time PMs being sent, if those with roles wanted to tell me what they will do normally, and just change it on certain days, that is very useful information in case you go away from the computer for a short time etc.))

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-03-11, 08:06 PM
Well, that sucks.

The teal wolf stalks away, tail between his legs.

2007-03-12, 05:11 AM
((Still 1 hour to day break, but I will be off doing an examination, and since all day roles have been done, you get an scene written by me and some bits attributed to a paladin.

You may vote.))

*Thud*

You awaken.

*Thud*

You slink up, the sun is falling, but even now in dusk there is enough shadows. Not many other wolves can be seen, and they have hardly transformed at all, looking more human each day as the moon's power slowly is drained by the blight.

You see Deckmaster and Krursk with hammer imprints in their head, smited the good ol' fashion way, in which one of the paladins probably though was a quiet way.

You turn the corner and see a man standing in front of a shrine, the shrine has blood dripping slowly down the alter.

Graklok is standing in front of it, mirror in hand, a heart in the other. He gives a devilish grin at the folk in front of him.

They stand tall, one has a blindfold on their head, one carrying a staff, throbbing with magical energy. All wearing glorious armour, with golden inlay, all with their visors down, besides the seer who has a robe covering their face. Their cloaks flutter in the wind. As the one at the head stands forward.

"You are accused of devilish acts, of cruel deeds, of abominations against nature of dressing up as a cler-"

"Yeth, I knnow"

*Graklok gives a lopsided grin, his red eyes counter acting his childish smile, showing the monster beneath*

"I am you judge, your jury and you ex-"

"No"

*The paladin with the golden hammer and laurels stops for a second*

"What did you just s-"

"NO"

*This time it is more forceful. As his eyes blaze, you can see the pits of hell, a comforting image for you, his hands start to glow and a blast of fire shots from the hands. The ArchMage easily flips their staff around with an air of self confidence and the two beams met, giving the area a purple glow. The lead paladin gives a sigh as Graklok has to put both hands into stopping the holy power from consuming him.*

"I find you-"

"-Behind you!"

*The warlord is a bit annoyed at being interrupted again, but ducks as the seers voice pierces the sky. A beast, easily 8 foot tall, built like a tree, but moving like a brickwall smashes into the paladins standing pack with an air of self confidence. Two get thrown, easily 12 feet away, like rag dolls, smashing with a sickening crunch. The archmage turns around, Graklok, hiding his strength until now, pushes back and the beam of red gains ground on the beam of dwindling blue*

" Meet my thriend"

*The beast elbows one of the paladins who started to strike with their hammer, crushing the breastplate inwards. The beast wastes no time and with a mighty uppercut knocks the last paladin up in the air, he rushes onto the seer, not waiting for the hapless paladin to fall.*

"Little un should know that your 'oly majik is for the weak."

*With that the staff rattles as the red overcomes the blue and the bolt strikes the mage who's robe then, entertainingly, catches on fire.*

"Back, fall back!"

*The warlord cries as the beast lumbers up, as the warlord turns to run they are stopped as the beast reaches out and lifts the warlord up one handed. A smile playing across the beasts lips, the moons power seems to be ever growing stronger, which should not happen the warlord thinks.*

"Have a snack meh friend. Graklok's friend's shouldent be hungray"
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/editor/menupop.gif
*Just as the beast is about to eat his happy meal, jaws almost over the warlords head, the seer suddenly punches the beast in the stomach in a blinding volley of punches. Those monk levels where useful as the beast drops the Warlord, the other paladins are already re grouping, and you decide to to quickly come to the front and take some credit, the beast could finish of the seer right?*

"Kill it, kill it, KILL IT "

*Graklok yells, eyes burning bright as the beast swings again. The seers movements make the beasts fluid strikes seem as if they took eternity, where ever the beast stuck the seer had moved from, anticipating every swing.*

"No need to be to noble, my adviser, the animals are gathering, lets be away"

*You are mildly insulted and you try to cover the area faster, yet the seer jumps back, gives a bow to the large figure, standing next to the figure with the burning eyes, and the troop of paladins quickly leave.

On the floor as you run over you notice two stone tablets, split in three places, along with them some vial of water that is just screaming of holy magic. The stones ironically read;

"Now that the devil among you has been removed, perhaps your souls will be cleared of his taint and you will accept redemption."

The beast is panting by this stage, the devil gives it a nod and it leaves, visibly shaking as it attempts to keep its figure, Grakloks eyes stop burning and his childish counterpart comes to bear again *

"Graklok feels like a fruit tway"

*With that strange confession the sun falls and darkness claims the land, other wolves come, slightly confused by what has transgressed.*

><><
Graklok the devil was attacked, he was protected by the Beast
Krusk and Deckmaster; wolves; where smited.
><><

Night Falls

Douglas
2007-03-12, 06:03 AM
Now this is ironic. To think that such a childish character with little apparent intellect would have such great abilities of insight simply boggles the mind. The chance of the devil being discovered so early and also having found the beast already is so minute I don't want to think about it, but it has apparently happened. This is certainly an interesting start to my first WW game. So, with his identity already revealed, do you have any known paladins to point us at, Graklok?

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-12, 07:00 AM
((Just like me (GUARD MASSACRE!), except Graklok was a day or two earlier? And I was the Baner in the game before that. Heh.

And I loved the fruit tray. Someone's been watching the Virtual Valentine thread :smallbiggrin:))

Alarra
2007-03-12, 07:00 AM
(Hahaha...oh wow...now that's an interesting turn of events. So the devil found the beast first scry and the seer found the devil first scry? That's pretty dang impressive. But yaaaaay! Way to stay alive Graklok! :smallbiggrin:)

Tormsskull
2007-03-12, 07:05 AM
The chance of the devil being discovered so early and also having found the beast already is so minute I don't want to think about it, but it has apparently happened.

((Very ironic. I've never seen such a turn of events. Should the devil even have been revealed as such when he was protected???))

LycanthroSkull turns his eyes towards Graklok, and then turns them against the rest of the pack, wondering who is a threat.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-12, 07:06 AM
Umm, how come the paladins get THREE kills a night? That's a little unfair.

Douglas
2007-03-12, 07:07 AM
The extras were auto-lynches for not voting, I think.

2007-03-12, 07:21 AM
Umm, how come the paladins get THREE kills a night? That's a little unfair.

There where only two kills, they where auto-lynching using old terms.

((Very ironic. I've never seen such a turn of events. Should the devil even have been revealed as such when he was protected???))

((The paladins did a death scene, involving the tablets. The paladins where willing to reveal the devil's identity, so I thought i would add it in, normally not though.))

Tormsskull
2007-03-12, 07:25 AM
((The paladins did a death scene, involving the tablets. The paladins where willing to reveal the devil's identity, so I thought i would add it in, normally not though.))

((So this is the paladins telling us that Graklok is the devil? I don't want to metagame here too much, but are you, as the narrator, saying that this is 100% accurate or just telling us that this is what the paladins are saying, because that could be taken a few different ways.))

Edit: V: Ok, thanks for clarification.

2007-03-12, 07:37 AM
((So this is the paladins telling us that Graklok is the devil? I don't want to metagame here too much, but are you, as the narrator, saying that this is 100% accurate or just telling us that this is what the paladins are saying, because that could be taken a few different ways.))

((Yes, Graklok is the devil. The attack revealed this. I highly doubt that these circumstances will ever occur again though.))

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-12, 07:49 AM
((Edited out because I messed up a few details. It can get confusing playing lots of games here!))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-12, 07:55 AM
((Not... really? I'm confused as to how it reveals the Beast...))
"Hm... this is good..." Ms Elaneous smiles widely, "This means that we know Graklok's on our team, the Beast has been found and secured, and all the masons have to do is talk to Graklok. It's like Insta-team!"

2007-03-12, 07:56 AM
((But what about the Beast? The description gives away their identity also...))

((Just for everyone else, when I said "Like a brickwall, I meant as in an immovable force. Not the poster Brickwall))

V The cult of the Blue Moon!

Jontom Xire
2007-03-12, 08:01 AM
((Not... really? I'm confused as to how it reveals the Beast...))
"Hm... this is good..." Ms Elaneous smiles widely, "This means that we know Graklok's on our team, the Beast has been found and secured, and all the masons have to do is talk to Graklok. It's like Insta-team!"

Not quite. There is a risk that the paladins might pretend to be masons (or whatever they are called in this game).

Trog
2007-03-12, 08:10 AM
((Well if there wasn't before JX there sure is a chance of that now 9_9. *sigh* Excellent scene though, death. Made my morning. :smallbiggrin:))

You know on further contemplation no female should be able to resist Trog's musky scent. Hmmm.... *points at Thes*

Joosbawx
2007-03-12, 08:11 AM
((wow...just...wow. Oh, Irony, they name is WWVI. Will need to process this before pointing at anyone. However, I have to say with as quiet as he is being, I think that a good, long look at JX is in order.))

Goblin Music
2007-03-12, 08:43 AM
((*blink* wow that was exiting i love a good fight))

Graklok
2007-03-12, 09:01 AM
Graklok snarls with delight. His truesight to the moon helped save him this day, and perhaps many days longer. A few more nights of focus, and he may be able to lead the rest of the pack to the tracks of those filthy paladins. He felt both sorrow and relief amongst yesterday's attack. Certainly the loss of a wolf is terrible, but learning he wasn't the fool was worth the cost. Also, the insight of the moon telling him who the beast (baner) was on his first night, also was fortuitous. We may have a few more wrongful kills until we find those (un)holy abominations, but we shall ever progress on.

Graklok moves slowly throughout the pack, looking closely at those around him. He growls at any attempting to come close.

Graklok knows two who Graklok trust. Anyone talk to Graklok get not trust til Graklok look at moon. Graklok need patenen...pashio....patien...time to sniff through mess. When Graklok know more, den you no more.

He growls, looking at a few wolves who knees buckle under from the one toothed glare.

Graklok no find paladin's yet. Dey wore masks when 'tack Graklok. Graklok taste der blood though.....and Graklok hungwy fer more. AAAAAUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

((P.S. I'm not telling who the Beast is to anyone, so don't ask. He and I have an arrangement. Yes, there are brains behind Graklok. Like I've always said, playing dumb takes a lot of thought!

P.P.S = Wow! I'm glad I can share my excitement in the different roles now, all in one day. First as Supagoof the parrot (devil) in pirates, now the devil (seer) here...it's like a holiday...speaking of which, Happy Commonwealth Day to Death and our friends from Australia. Love the post Death, especially the tying in of the tjousting tournament. ))

2007-03-12, 09:08 AM
((^...If I had known that I would have re rolled:smallannoyed::smallwink:

It's commonwealth day? Heck, I didn't even know that, you have a link or such? It wasn't listed on our holidays....Yes, this is Death your patriot Aussie who has no idea what the national days are :smalltongue:

EDIT: oh, and thanks Trog, Graklok :smallsmile:))

Jontom Xire
2007-03-12, 09:10 AM
((wow...just...wow. Oh, Irony, they name is WWVI. Will need to process this before pointing at anyone. However, I have to say with as quiet as he is being, I think that a good, long look at JX is in order.))

To which I say:

Perhaps a good thing we didn't attack the town with the elite in it - if a bunch of hippies caused us so much grief, Parkland's defences might have wiped us out.

//OOC - I'm going to try and take more of a back seat in this game - I think my work suffers when a WW game gets too exciting :)

Graklok
2007-03-12, 09:11 AM
((^...If I had known that I would have re rolled:smallannoyed::smallwink:))

((I guess I just make a good devil. :smalltongue:

edit: Um, sorry Death, no link, it's on my Dilbert calendar I have here at work.))

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-03-12, 09:21 AM
Wow. Slaughterings.

The teal wolf streaches and yawns non-chalantly. He looks for suspicious characters.

Joosbawx
2007-03-12, 09:26 AM
(( Jontom, in response to the above...that post was also made immediately following the receipt of your role. ))

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-12, 09:30 AM
((I've had a mason-type role...

*counts*

At least three times. Maybe four. But it's all fun when I can concentrate enough to be helpful!))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-12, 09:31 AM
Not quite. There is a risk that the paladins might pretend to be masons (or whatever they are called in this game). "Yes, but like Graklok said, he can scry them first. ^_^ This is...," she whips out a dictionary, "advantageous." Feeling giddily playful, she looks around to see if there are any other energetic wolves to play with until the pointing starts.

Goblin Music
2007-03-12, 09:32 AM
((interesting handing out roles now?))

Selrahc
2007-03-12, 09:41 AM
((I've had a mason-type role...

*counts*

At least three times. Maybe four. But it's all fun when I can concentrate enough to be helpful!))

>_>

I am never anything interesting. The one time I got to be a werewolf the game was called off.

At least I was the cop in mafia.

Graklok
2007-03-12, 10:41 AM
((One of the masons will tell me something I can trust, I hope.))

Douglas
2007-03-12, 11:46 AM
((The masons should PM a list of their entire membership and have Graklok scry one mason of his choosing. The paladins would have to be very lucky to pull off faking something like that, as the Arch Mage can only give one person at a time a fake scry image.))

Jontom Xire
2007-03-12, 11:58 AM
(( Jontom, in response to the above...that post was also made immediately following the receipt of your role. ))

True. And perhaps it was slightly influenced by finding out I didn't have a role (other than werewolf which isn't really a role).

And also perhaps slightly influenced by the fact that my pro-active (some might say aggressive) approach to winning tends to get me killed which in the long run doesn't help the villagers much.

Graklok
2007-03-12, 11:58 AM
((Graklok thinks the proof is easy. Masons PMing me can also include other masons in the [To: ] box to verify authenticity. Thusly, Masons can verify each other. Paladins are welcome to attempt this as well. :smallamused: I figure by the end of the PMs, I'll have a group I can trust. I more likely to believe a group (pick us, we're the masons) over an individual (pick me, pick me, I'm a mason, honest, really I am!). If I'm still suspect, then I can verify with one scry on a person in the group rather then a bunch of scries on everyone who PMs me.

Be clear on your role please. I almost started pointing a finger at someone for not being clear. Deception is about.

That should probably keep the paladins in check from PMing me and attempting to allign with me.

I'm up to three people I can trust now. BTW))

Graklok walks over to a boulder, lifts his leg and marks his territory. Then he goes chasing after a butterfly.

Helgraf
2007-03-12, 12:11 PM
The elder wolf growled in approval at the revelations the day had brung. He forbore swiping at another wolf for the time being, watching as the wolves and sheep-in-wolves clothing among them swirled into new patterns, hoping to discern from these movements the hated paladins.

Selrahc
2007-03-12, 12:53 PM
So... maybe we should get around to the lynching of the day.

Alarra is a good player... I would imagine most potential Warlords would pick her for their team.

Accordingly, on that flimsy evidence, I will point at her.

*Points at Alarra*

Ink
2007-03-12, 12:59 PM
Ink wakes up and walks sleepily into the midst of the pack, having slept through the day's events as well as the night before.

"Huh? Whuh-? I miss something?"

"...so that strange-smelling wolf is the devil after all. Well that's all well and good. But what do we do now?"

He flops down on a rock to think, and begins to doze off again.

Douglas
2007-03-12, 01:13 PM
I'm up to three people I can trust now. BTW
Two of those got scried, obviously, but what did the third do to get that trust? Yeah, I know, it would probably give away too much to reveal it publically, but I can't help wondering.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-12, 01:17 PM
Two of those got scried, obviously, but what did the third do to get that trust? Yeah, I know, it would probably give away too much to reveal it publically, but I can't help wondering.

(Scratched him behind the ears? It earns my trust)

(I know that now its a race for the paladins to find the Beast. I would like to point out that while I am a beast of burden, I am not The Beast of burden. Please don't smite me or redeem me, or whatever you call it. If you do, I'll bring the fairy back to haunt you. Thank you.)

Goblin Music
2007-03-12, 01:57 PM

((he is right, we should ya know:smallamused:))
Points at lord fullblader ((for no reason just so we all don't just talk all day and the paladins get 2 kills))

Castaras
2007-03-12, 02:02 PM
That's one vote for Thes, one for Alarra, one for Fullbladder...

All have flimsy evidence, I think I shall wait a little and see what they have to say for themselves.

Goblin Music
2007-03-12, 02:04 PM
((EDIT: oh i see))

Castaras
2007-03-12, 02:06 PM
((Well if there wasn't before JX there sure is a chance of that now 9_9. *sigh* Excellent scene though, death. Made my morning. :smallbiggrin:))

You know on further contemplation no female should be able to resist Trog's musky scent. Hmmm.... *points at Thes*

(( Voila ))

InaVegt
2007-03-12, 02:23 PM
I agree with Trog, Thes must die and we'd better make it quickly.

((Quick vote to avoid auto lynch))

Indurain
2007-03-12, 02:47 PM
"Hrmm, the hippo makes a good point. If I were to lead a charge against a pack as vicious as ours, I'd certainly want good players on my side. Alarra has been famed for her excellent play...she's a sneaky one. Jontom also is quite good at missions such as this. Perhaps...hrm..." Indurain tosses a coin in the air. Looks at it...and points at Alarra.

Thes Hunter
2007-03-12, 02:55 PM
(( Wow Death, that was awesome. Almost made me late for my examination this morning. :smallwink:
))

Thes jumps down from a rock on high into the middle of the frackus.

She sees the scaley wolfish thing pointing at her.

With an off-hand flick of her tail she disregards him saying "Oh yes, God's scaley smelly gift to women. Thinks he's a satyr or something. Thinks I have to be a Paladin or something to not want to cuddle up with him." She can barely stop herself from rolling her eyes in disgust before looking at Graklok and giving him a nod of approval, one big (but not dumb) fighter type to another.

She looks around at the other wolves around her, crouching as if she hasn't gotten used to standing on two feet versus stalking on all four.

A low growl emminates from her throat as she spies Jontom Xire. "You have been bleating like a sheep about not being this, or that since we have entered this valley, it smells to me to be something one of those weak Paladin tricks."

She also looks at Alarra and growls "You have had a reputation among the pack as being able to pull strings that no one else can see

She looks at Goblin Music "I know I suspected you yesterday, but right now, I have no more reason to suspect you than anyone else in the pack besides Graklok whose black heart has proven true."

"But all of these reasons are weak, before we rip apart another one of our number, I would prefer that are reasoning is stronger than this."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-12, 03:05 PM

(If I may propose a starting place, lets look at what happened yesterday. We have a very very odd occurance. Someone came out and said "I'm the devil and I've found a paladin. Kill Castaras." Now, in every game up to this one, the villagers have said "okay, but if you're wrong, we'll kill you." However, in this game, a majority said "We don't believe you. Die!" and they lynched the pointer. Why?? That was a rather foolish thing to do. Fortunately, we only ripped the demon to shreds, but that still doesn't make it right or a wise choice. I theorize that we had some paladins pushing to kill the devil and I recommend we start there in our search. )

Alarra is a good player... I would imagine most potential Warlords would pick her for their team.

Accordingly, on that flimsy evidence, I will point at her.

*Points at Alarra*

(The hippo has a good point, but on its self that narrows the list down to 3/4 of the remaining players. However, Alarra did point at the demon. I'd like her explanation, if she hasn't already posted it by the time i post this. Until such an explanation is forthcoming, I point at Exachix.)

Rumda
2007-03-12, 03:05 PM
I agree I point at thes

Tormsskull
2007-03-12, 03:35 PM
LycanthroSkull eyes Gezina curiously. "Your strategy confuses me, and thus I think it is intentional, which means to mean your more likely to be a paladin."

Tormsskull points at Gezina.

evnafets
2007-03-12, 03:46 PM
Just to put another name into the mix, I'm going to follow along with where I pointed yesterday:
evnafets points at Indurain

The argument was he pointed at a "paladin-type" time on day 1.
Yesterday he pointed somewhere completely different, and well away from the victims.

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-12, 03:50 PM
(If I may propose a starting place, lets look at what happened yesterday. We have a very very odd occurance. Someone came out and said "I'm the devil and I've found a paladin. Kill Castaras." Now, in every game up to this one, the villagers have said "okay, but if you're wrong, we'll kill you." However, in this game, a majority said "We don't believe you. Die!" and they lynched the pointer. Why?? That was a rather foolish thing to do. Fortunately, we only ripped the demon to shreds, but that still doesn't make it right or a wise choice. I theorize that we had some paladins pushing to kill the devil and I recommend we start there in our search. )

(Yeah. One of the early pointers was likely a paladin. I think.. Pingcode maybe Fualkner.)

*growls*

That 'un looks mighty crafty to me. And he sneezed, mid-howl. What kind of wolf does that?

*Points at Pingcode20*

Graklok
2007-03-12, 03:55 PM

Graklok got gud eye. :smallwink: Good ear too.

The large beast says, turning from the butterfly he was chasing. He turns and looks at the pack. Some are waiting anxiously for his paw to direct them. Others, meanwhile, have taken to pointing already. Graklok gives a nod to those he can trust.

Exachix
2007-03-12, 04:09 PM
Exachix hmms and smiles to Atreyu. "Go for the backup. again."

He hmms and finally decides to Point at Thes.

Selrahc
2007-03-12, 04:14 PM
(Yeah. One of the early pointers was likely a paladin. I think.. Pingcode maybe Fualkner.)

*growls*

That 'un looks mighty crafty to me. And he sneezed, mid-howl. What kind of wolf does that?

*Points at Pingcode20*

Decken, remeber that the paladin team is handpicked. No direspect to Pingcode, but he honestly wouldn't be a name I would expect to be hand plucked for the paladin force.

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-12, 04:20 PM
Fair enough. He is fairly new.. But that could just be a reason to pick someone, couldn't it?

Perhaps Lucky, or Alarra..

Selrahc
2007-03-12, 04:23 PM
I guess... BUt really, bluffs and double bluffs in the creation of your team would be a fairly bad road to travel down.

Picking someone for your team because you think they would be a bad wolf and therefore beneath peoples suspicions? Seems a sketchy policy.

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-12, 04:25 PM
Yeah.. Although, for all I know, you're a paladin too, and trying to dissuade me from pointing at Pingcode..

Hmm. I guess I'll go with what you're saying for now, and point elsewhere.

I think I'll go with earlier suspicions and point at Indurain.

Trog
2007-03-12, 04:29 PM
She sees the scaley wolfish thing pointing at her.

With an off-hand flick of her tail she disregards him saying "Oh yes, God's scaley smelly gift to women. Thinks he's a satyr or something. Thinks I have to be a Paladin or something to not want to cuddle up with him." She can barely stop herself from rolling her eyes in disgust before looking at Graklok and giving him a nod of approval, one big (but not dumb) fighter type to another.
No. You misunderstand. Trog was questioning your gender. Not Trog's mojo. Either way Trog finds you suspicious of being in a group as you are always so hesitant to point at another. Having talks in the men's room are we? *continues pointing at Thes*

Castaras
2007-03-12, 04:31 PM
* Points at Alarra *

Alarra
2007-03-12, 04:37 PM
You want my explanation for why I pointed at the, then unidentified, demon? Okay. I pointed at him because I thought that Castaras's argument made sense. I didn't actually expect him to be killed though, and didn't want him to be. When I switched my vote Frigs was far from being in the lead.

Also, yeah...I have a reputation for manipulating things behind the scenes and, I guess, although I feel it's unfounded, for being a good player. That being said....if I were an alpha wolf..or warlord or whatever they're called here, I wouldn't pick me. There are plenty of good players that aren't as well known and wouldn't be 'automatically' suspicious. For that reason, I wouldn't pick Jontom either actually.

I might however, pick Selrahc or evnafets.

Douglas
2007-03-12, 06:55 PM
I find Trog's reasoning rather spurious.

*Points at Trog*

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-12, 08:04 PM
Hmmm. Unfortunately going by who we would pick is still just about our only option, except for Llama's idea about those who pointed at our Demon, which does carry some merit. I found that aspect of last nights activity very strange indeed. It really depends on who the Warlord is and how well he or she knows the other players. I don't play every werewolf, but I've seen most everybody's name in some game or another. Actually I believe Frigs and [Insert User Name Here] were the newest names to me, and they're dead already.

After reviewing all those who voted for Frigs I am going to go with Alarra. She pointed at Frigs, and her explanation is a little questionable. She keeps pretty good track of these games, and from her vote for Frigs until the end of the day was almost 20 hours, more than enough time for her to change vote, although admittedly it didn't start going heavily against Frigs until later.

I really hope I'm right. She is a really good player, and I hate to lose her if she's really on our side.

Here goes nothing...

* Raldor points at Alarra

Raistlin1040
2007-03-12, 08:44 PM
A grave predicament we face. Indeed Alarra is manipulative. But Paladins are paragons of virtue and lawfulness. If she truly WAS a paladin, don't you think she'd be a bit more predictable? That being said, I don't have a clear idea of who would be a paladin. My only suspicion is douglas, who has no reason, just an accusation.
Points at Douglas

Ink
2007-03-12, 09:09 PM
After poking some NPC wolves and hearing about last night's events which he missed, Ink finally gets up.

"I will point my paw at Castaras. Frigs may have been the Demon rather than Devil, but that means there's still a 50% chance that he was right about Castaras being a paladin. 50% is much better odds than any guess on my part. I will play the odds, unless Graklok guides my paw in another direction."

* Ink points at Castaras

Bookman
2007-03-12, 10:07 PM
I agree about Castaras Bookman points at Castaras

Lucky
2007-03-12, 10:23 PM
Good, so I'm not the only one who thinks that way. *Points at Castaras

Graklok
2007-03-12, 10:44 PM
Graklok sees more paws pointing. He decided he better set a course of direction, before a paladin bandwagon goes running wild.

Graklok know who is wolf. Graklok dunno who is paladin. Graklok look into that. Graklok going to point at pingcode, random select from unknown category. Graklok say if you not with Graklok, then you probly paladin.

*Watches as wolves and paladins jump on bandwagon.*

Graklok say lead, fowwow, or get out way.

Raises paw and points at Pingcode.

Sowwy if Graklok wong. Graklok jus need to weed garden an make pwetty wolves win.

((So, as long as I'm safe, I'm either going to scry a paladin or a wolf. I will point at either known paladins, or unknowns. That's my plan. Straight ahead until I'm dead. You can point at someone else, but to do so is not good for the pack.

BTW. I work as an analyst. The odds are in our favor. That is until the beast dies. :smallfrown:))

Alarra
2007-03-12, 10:52 PM
I'm always up for following the seer....or devil as the case may be this time.

*Alarra points at Pingcode

Helgraf
2007-03-12, 11:16 PM
"The one who reads the moon's eye's word is good enough for me ... so long as I am not the 'unknown' he points at.'

* Helgraf points at pingcode *

Douglas
2007-03-12, 11:21 PM
/me joins the official bandwagon

*Douglas moves his paw from Trog to Pingcode*

Goblin Music
2007-03-12, 11:24 PM
Follow the Devil! The Dalek-wolf points at pingcode

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-03-12, 11:50 PM
Well, I for one don't like doing the whole bandwagon thing. But, I was suspicious of pingcode almost from the beginning.

points at pingcode.

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-12, 11:57 PM
*points at pingcode*

pingcode20
2007-03-13, 01:34 AM
"Then I bid you farewell, werewolf brothers." replies Pingcode, as the votes build up.

*Resigning himself to his fate, points at Pingcode

The doomed wolf sulks off to roll himself in salt and various seasonings.

Lucky
2007-03-13, 01:42 AM
Ummm... Can I say I disagree with lynching pingcode and that I think this is a bad idea? Because I do.

2007-03-13, 01:44 AM
What pray tell is your reasoning Mr. Luckwolf.

Lucky
2007-03-13, 01:48 AM
I doubt on just about every level that pingcode is a wolf. He's just shown no signs, he has pointed at himself, which seemingly never happens with a real wolf, and (no offense) he wouldn't be someone I would pick out to be a paladin, seeing as he is overall quite new to this. The only reason you're lynching him is because Graklok said to, and he hasn't even scried him! Count me out of this one.

2007-03-13, 01:49 AM
a 50% chance that he was right about Castaras being a paladin. 50% is much better odds than any guess on my part.

((not influencing, but I just think that people don't know hoe the fool/demon receives the answer to their scries. Basically I roll (or rolled in this case) a dice for the number of people left alive, re rolling it it lands on the demon and devil so the answer they get is proportionate to those alive.

Eg, say there was 11 people left, 2 paladins, a seer and 6 wolves the demon and the beast.

There is a 20% chance they will see the paladin, 60 perchance they will see a wolf, and 10% chance they see a beast or seer and 0% they will see the demon unless they looked at the devil. This was the best way I thought to randomize.

Just repeating the game mechanics, carry on))

pingcode20
2007-03-13, 02:17 AM
None taken.

Though this statement may well be seized upon as proof, I have to say that I wouldn't choose me to be a wolf (paladin, in this case), either.

Selrahc
2007-03-13, 03:24 AM
I doubt on just about every level that pingcode is a wolf. He's just shown no signs, he has pointed at himself, which seemingly never happens with a real wolf, and (no offense) he wouldn't be someone I would pick out to be a paladin, seeing as he is overall quite new to this. The only reason you're lynching him is because Graklok said to, and he hasn't even scried him! Count me out of this one.

And that sums up my views on things rather nicely.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-13, 03:38 AM
I agree that Pingcode is unlikely to be a paladin, but nevertheless I will follow the Devil's lead in all things.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Jontom points at Pingcode

Ink
2007-03-13, 05:04 AM
"Mah, fine. I don't like to rely on the word of the Devil when he hasn't even scried, but I don't want to be auto-smited today. The Devil was lucky enough to find the Beast on the first day, maybe he'll get lucky again and net us a pally tonight."

* Ink points at pingcode20

pingcode20
2007-03-13, 05:16 AM
Pepper... Lemongrass... Nutmeg...

Tormsskull
2007-03-13, 05:49 AM
((I agree with Lucky & Selrahc (and once again no offense) but there is no way pingcode is a paladin. If he is I will seriously give props to whoever picked him because I would have never guessed.

But since our Devil is asking it of us (and cause I don't want to get autholynched)))

Tormsskull points at pingcode20.

Douglas
2007-03-13, 06:00 AM
I also don't really think Pingcode is a Paladin, but unless Graklok gives another name it's the only way to be sure of not lynching someone on the known wolf list, which should include all the Clan of the Blue Moon members by now in addition to the unknown three Graklok mentioned. If Graklok changes his vote, I will change mine to match. Until then, Pingcode should keep looking for more seasonings to make sure our meal tastes better than Gnome Barbarian did.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-13, 06:01 AM
Actually, pingcode did pretty well during Pirates. He was certainly active enough, which is really the biggest criteria. I would have strongly considered him.

Raldor points to pingcode

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-13, 06:06 AM
"I just don't understand how pointing at someone whom everyone agrees is most likely not a Paladin is good for the pack. I withhold my vote today as it can do no harm and no help. What Graklok has asked for, he shall get. And perhaps he is right. I just don't want to be a part of this if he is wrong..." Ms Elaneous looks to Graklok and then to Pingcode before turning away.

pingcode20
2007-03-13, 06:12 AM
((Well, I know I'm not (which could well be interpreted as a lie), but if it'll save Graklok a scry, then it's worth getting killed off on day two.))

"All for the pack, I suppose. All for the pack."

Allspice... Basil... Ooh, Cinnamon!

Joosbawx
2007-03-13, 07:20 AM
I agree that Pingcode is unlikely to be a paladin, but nevertheless I will follow the Devil's lead in all things.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Jontom points at Pingcode

This, to me, seems very out of the norm for Jontom, which only strengthens my suspicions of him. Couple that with my belief that it is rather unlikely that pingcode is a Paladin. This is where I cast my lot.

*Joosbawx points to Jontom Xire.

Trog
2007-03-13, 07:50 AM
Er... pingcode? You sure? But... but what about him? *points to Thes* He seems suspicious I mean... er... well... okay his butt smelled bad and.. er... *sigh*

*bandwagons and stops pointing at Thes and points at pingcode instead* :smallwink:

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-03-13, 08:32 AM
the feathered wolf creeps out of her cave. what? I almost missed a whole day? the devil did what? the beast did what?? wow. that's amazing. the seer has suspicions of somebody, unbacked by a scry. hmm. okay! I'll follow along.

points at pingcode

Graklok
2007-03-13, 08:41 AM
((Right, there may be some sacrificial lambs while I sort this out. Pingcode may or may not be one of those lambs. I don't know.

I do know who I can trust, through my logic and through my scries.

((But what about the witch?))

I have more then enough verification on who I've scried. Forgive me if I don't divulge the details. I will not give the paladins any reason to suspect one person or another. Or maybe I will. Keep 'em guessing. ((Who does he know, who does he not know. Who is he going to look at next?))

"I just don't understand how pointing at someone whom everyone agrees is most likely not a Paladin is good for the pack. I withhold my vote today as it can do no harm and no help. What Graklok has asked for, he shall get. And perhaps he is right. I just don't want to be a part of this if he is wrong..." Ms Elaneous looks to Graklok and then to Pingcode before turning away.

The no vote is an option as well.

To answer your first statement as to the good it does the pack. Sheer mathimatics. I have a list of people I know are wolves. I will scry to make that list grow each night, or to make the list of paladin's shrink. It's very simple logic. As my trusted wolf pack grows stronger, the ability to catch a paladin grows, and their chance to win dwindles. ((Finding 1 person out of 100 is hard. Finding 1 out of 10 is easier. Finding 1 out of 1 is easiest.)).

And if evidence to point at other games is nice. Recall in pirates that I (my other account, Supagoof.) was Polly. I had a very successful run in scrying people. Ask one of my shipmates about my methodology.))

Graklok sits, paw still extended at pingcode. Looking in his eyes, you can both the sorrow and the determination in his choice. Pingcode's actions bring a smile to his face, but his nobility in accepting this fate will not be forgotten. If he is a wolf, he is dying a soldiers death. If he is a paladin, well then luck smiled upon Graklok once again.

As other begin to look between Graklok and Pingcode, doubt sets in their mind. Graklok spots it, and a series of low snarls communicates his thoughts on the matter.

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-13, 10:32 AM
This, to me, seems very out of the norm for Jontom, which only strengthens my suspicions of him. Couple that with my belief that it is rather unlikely that pingcode is a Paladin. This is where I cast my lot.

Didn't JX specifically say he was going to be taking more of a back seat in this game?

inky13112
2007-03-13, 10:41 AM
I am a mindless zombie, whatever the devil says I follow. I point at pingcode20. brains

((OOC semi jest on how everyone is following the devil, though thats not necessarily a bad thing))

B-Man
2007-03-13, 10:45 AM
Didn't JX specifically say he was going to be taking more of a back seat in this game?

Yes he did. His whole 'I'm taking a back seat trip this game' is rather suspicious.

* B-Man points at Jontom Xire.

Though this is a weak grounds of accusation, I believe that Jontom is taking a back seat this round because he's a Paladin.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-13, 11:00 AM
Joosbawx beats up on me every game. He's always cast very dubious aspersions my way. As far as I can tell I'm suspicious because I followed the Devil's lead - and a known and cast-iron guaranteed devil at that.

Extremely dubious as that is, I have had even more suspect claims of my guilt made by Jossbawx...and El J and a couple of others...in other games. In some of those cases the person making dodgy claims as to my guilt turned out to be the wolves (or in this game paladins).

I know Pingcode is not that likely a suspect, but consider this - if you point any other way you risk killing a wolf. I know there are people out there (I'm usually one) who don't like to jump on bandwagons, but as far as I'm concerned, anyone who doesn't follow the Devil's lead is suspect.

Of course the downside of the Devil making such a strong lead is that we cannot determine anything by voting patterns.

Graklok, maybe tomorrow night you should let us all mill around in confusion and only make your will known at the end of the night. That way there may be some voting patterns to show paladinic behaviour amongst us.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-13, 11:09 AM
I know Pingcode is not that likely a suspect, but consider this - if you point any other way you risk killing a wolf.

(But if Graklok hasn't scried a paladin, then whether we follow Graklok's pick or our own suspicion, we risk killing a wolf. I'm sorry, Graklok, but I'm puzzled by your logic and I have a history of disobeying the authority figure as it is. See WW Classic II and WW V. If I sided with you, it'd look out of character and suspicious.

Plus Exachix needs the attention.)

Joosbawx
2007-03-13, 12:40 PM
Joosbawx beats up on me every game. He's always cast very dubious aspersions my way. As far as I can tell I'm suspicious because I followed the Devil's lead - and a known and cast-iron guaranteed devil at that.

That is inaccurate and blatantly ignores the previous statements I've made. So, for the sake of allowing you to continue ignoring previous posts, I'll summarize them here (again) as succinctly as possible:

1) You're usually more active than you've been this game from straight out the gate. You've stated your reasoning (work, no special role); however, the fact the excuse was proffered one post after the roles were sent seems like a thinly veiled deception.

2) As far as past games...let it go, man. Seriously. Deep cleansing breaths. I'm not going to get into that with you any more than to simply say I don't appreciate the allusions you're making. Especially not here.

I see no reason to change my vote, especially since it is clear that pingcode will be lynched. I can understand going with the "Seer" when s/he has a scry to act upon; however, blinding following their guesswork seems like bad strategy because, it seems to me, it will lead to less people paying attention to the game and the vote history becomes muddled when everyone is simply following a pied piper.

/me shrugs, and does not change his vote.

Thes Hunter
2007-03-13, 02:26 PM
That is inaccurate and blatantly ignores the previous statements I've made. So, for the sake of allowing you to continue ignoring previous posts, I'll summarize them here (again) as succinctly as possible:

1) You're usually more active than you've been this game from straight out the gate. You've stated your reasoning (work, no special role; however, the fact the excuse was proffered one post after the roles were sent seems like a thinly veiled deception.

2) As far as past games...let it go, man. Seriously. Deep cleansing breaths. I'm not going to get into that with you any more than to simply say I don't appreciate the allusions you're making. Especially not here.

I see no reason to change my vote, especially since it is clear that pingcode will be lynched. I can understand going with the "Seer" when s/he has a scry to act upon; however, blinding following their guesswork seems like bad strategy because, it seems to me, it will lead to less people paying attention to the game and the vote history becomes muddled when everyone is simply following a pied piper.

/me shrugs, and does not change his vote.

(( Joosbox just said everything I feel but in an even more articulate manner.

I personally feel JX has been behaving in a more suspicious manner than pingcode. I see your logic in targeting an ever decreasing pool of possible suspects, and it's a very excellent systematic approach to things. However, I do not see the benefit in ripping apart someone most people think is innocent. There has to be another way to work through the list, without tipping your hand as to who is on the list, and keeping those on the list safe besides this.

It gives the paladins too easy of a chance to hide through bandwagoning, and gives no hints on voting records.

So Mr. Graklok, our honored Devil, I must respectfully deagree with you and ** Point at Jontom Xire ** ))

evnafets
2007-03-13, 03:11 PM
I'm going to echo the sentiments of Joosbawx, Thes Hunter plus others.
We should not follow the Devil blindly.

I trust the Devil's moon visions, and will gladly follow his instructions in those cases. But where the Devil has no vision to guide him, I will trust my own senses. If the devil can give reasons for tearing someone apart, I will listen to his argument as I will to anyone elses. By following his third eye as if we had no senses of our own, we ourselves become sheep instead of wolves. I value my freedom and independance. I follow noone blindly.

Every pack-mate agrees that pingcode is one of us, yet still they point.
Worthless sheep - the lot of you.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-13, 05:36 PM
Frankly, I actually do believe it is entirely possible that pingcode is a Paladin, but I have pretty much lost faith in people trying to actually figure out who might be what. Look at Pirates. We never got a single pirate! The only pirate that died that whole game was the honeymooner. (I think that game has seriously scarred me)

I will say that Grakloks procedure isn't much fun, but it has the best shot at actually working. I can't think of any other way that he could adequately protect those he knows are innocent. Especially the Beast. Regular wolves and even Blue Moon members can be expended as fodder if need be, but right now he has to be especially conservative in protecting the beast. If he waits until later in the day and has to steer the bandwagon away from someone, it becomes as plain as day to the Paladins that the original person was special.

I really want to win this one, and Graklok's strategy is the best way to win, even if it isn't the most fun. I will say I have no problem with those who just want to have fun, I've played plenty of games that way, but I'm going for the win on this one.

Lucky
2007-03-13, 05:47 PM
Frankly, I actually do believe it is entirely possible that pingcode is a Paladin, but I have pretty much lost faith in people trying to actually figure out who might be what. Look at Pirates. We never got a single pirate! The only pirate that died that whole game was the honeymooner. (I think that game has seriously scarred me)First: :biggrin:

Second: As that is true, should you not trust the opinion of Captain Jack Sparrow, the one who handpicked that bunch of pirates?

Pingcode isn't a paladin.

Ack! I was going to do this round in character!!

Uh...

GRRRRR!!!!

evnafets
2007-03-13, 05:57 PM
Also consider this. We will have our Devil only so long as the Paladins do not find and kill the Beast. As soon as the beast is out of the way, our Devil is the next to die. They can kill one randomly per night, and scry another with their seer. How long can he hide?

Following the Devil like sheep every day, and letting the Paladins in amongst our pack is the path to desolation. I am a wolf. I am not afraid of open discussion. Your true identity can only be discovered through confrontation, and bloody battle.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-03-13, 07:37 PM
((I can't believe I'm dead. things are getting so interesting...:smallfrown:))

Helgraf
2007-03-13, 11:22 PM
Ya know ... yer right. Wolves shouldn't act like sheep.

* Helgraf points at Jontom Xire *

Alarra
2007-03-13, 11:27 PM
Alarra sighs, "You're right. I don't think pingcode is a paladin either, and Jontom's being suspicious...but I don't know....I think he's smarter than that, I mean...unless he's acting suspicious intentionally because he knows we'll think that....but is he that smart?"

The small wolf finally lays down looking very confused. "Well, I'm not anyway...all this thinking is making my head spin. I'll sit this night out thanks."

2007-03-14, 12:08 AM
((shouldn't night have ended by now? Seems like it's been night an awfully long time now.))

evnafets
2007-03-14, 01:36 AM
Night Falls

That post was at 03-12-2007, 05:11 AM
I think night should thus end at 03-14-2007, 06:00 AM (it was an hour early)
You made your post: 3-14-2007 12:08 AM
Another 6 hours of night remaining as of the time of your post?
(4.5 hours from now)

* - note that times are related to the timezone that I have set the board to, but these things should be relative

Jontom Xire
2007-03-14, 03:19 AM
Alarra sighs, "You're right. I don't think pingcode is a paladin either, and Jontom's being suspicious...but I don't know....I think he's smarter than that, I mean...unless he's acting suspicious intentionally because he knows we'll think that....but is he that smart?"

The small wolf finally lays down looking very confused. "Well, I'm not anyway...all this thinking is making my head spin. I'll sit this night out thanks."

I really don't believe you guys. I stated at the outset I wouldn't have much time so that you wouldn't all jump on me for being suspicious when I was less active - and what happens? You all jump on me as being suspicious for being less active ANYWAY and when it is pointed out that I stated I would be, you jump on THAT as a reason for being suspicious.

Alarra, you're right. If I were a paladin I would be playing this game to the hilt, but more importantly I would be playing it EXACTLY as I had played it before. I would be making long analyses of people's behaviour and analysing voting patterns and trying to influence the Devil with my theories. Exactly as I have done in every game I've been in before. Why? Because it's not only the obvious strategy, it's the best strategy.

One thing you're wrong about is my being smarter than to be suspicious. Unfortunately there are some people who are always suspicious of me in every game no matter how I behave, and no matter that in any of those games I have never been a wolf (or equivalent). The main point though is that I don't do people very well. I have no idea how to act suspiciously or how to act non-suspiciously. I'm just myself. I can however analyse other's behaviour, but I use logic rather than empathy.

One thing I am is open, so if I say I'm going to take a back seat because I'm spending too much time on these games, then one thing you can be sure of is that I'm taking a back seat because I'm spending too much time on these games.

2007-03-14, 03:42 AM
That post was at 03-12-2007, 05:11 AM
I think night should thus end at 03-14-2007, 06:00 AM (it was an hour early)
You made your post: 3-14-2007 12:08 AM
Another 6 hours of night remaining as of the time of your post?
(4.5 hours from now)

* - note that times are related to the timezone that I have set the board to, but these things should be relative

Indeed, night fell an hour early then, due to a physics test.

In approx 2 hours and 20 mins day will break.

Kantur
2007-03-14, 04:08 AM
Indeed, night fell an hour early then, due to a physics test.

I'm sure there's the makings of a (bad) joke in there...

Krystal_Tiger
2007-03-14, 04:25 AM
((came back from school camping trip, so i will point at Krystal Tiger, note this is because i don't want to make any enimes by random pointing, not because im a palladin, and why whold they want to get people to kill themselfs?))

pingcode20
2007-03-14, 04:37 AM
Pingcode (now the 'Tasty wolf') continues the flavouring process.

Oregano, Thyme, Paprika...

Ink
2007-03-14, 05:34 AM
Ink ('Helpful Wolf') passes Pingcode the basil, parsley, and lemon zest.

2007-03-14, 05:52 AM
*Pingcode hasn't got a chance, he butters himself up though. Puts up a fight, but in the end they tear him limb from limb without much to show, the feasting is large, but not in much humour. Rather grim humour, as the black heart is pulled, (still beating) and shown to the pack.

This was the heart of a cruel, bloody wolf. The type one admires at Evilcon, he is now gone from this world, but not forgotten (unfortunately he gives a few of the wolves bad stomach pains) he will be forever remembered as a real wolf, like back in the days when people had no morals, and would have eaten their own grandparents given a chance*

Day Breaks

InaVegt
2007-03-14, 07:53 AM
I'm sure there's the makings of a (bad) joke in there...

((
Night Fell (...) physics test

Or maybe I'm overanalysing his posts.))

Rumda
2007-03-14, 07:55 AM
Day Breaks

((you should be more careful with that))

2007-03-14, 07:57 AM
((you should be more careful with that))

((Look, if any one asks, it was the cat? I don't want mother nature hearing about this.

*Death looks both ways in case she pops up at any moment, he keeps his technology, plastic bags close to protect him*))

Graklok
2007-03-14, 09:28 AM
A tear falls from Graklok's eye. He send out a long howl, heard throughout the woods and the towns below. Villagers in the town close up shops and rush their children inside. Other wolves join into the howling along with Graklok. Those are his trusted pack.

Graklok growls as eyes look to him.

Pingcode knew what had to be done to find those weasley paladins amongst us. He stepped up, with courage none had seen before. Any wolf who speaks ill of him, shall answer to me!

The flames are seen in Graklok's eyes as he glances over the pack. As the fire subsides, the more jovial personality comes out.

Graklok care no if you jump on bandwagon or not. Graklok think jumping fun. Graklok put Graklok's right paw in. Den pull right paw out. Put right paw in, den shake it all about....
*Turns in circle.*
Dat's what it's all about!

((OOC - I know full well that paladin's will either jump on or off the bandwagon, and while I take who I point my paw at seriously, I'm having fun watching the switching, jumping, and the pointing. My trusted wolves know the score, and they are willing to *borrows hourglass from death* shake it up a bit *shakes hourglass* to keep things moving. Hopefully my scry tonight will result in success. I know who 26% left alive are. I figure I can tell you that without revealing my hand to much.

*hands hourglass back to Death.*

Whose hourglass was that anyway?))

InaVegt
2007-03-14, 09:30 AM
((Get your hands of my hourglass!

Anyway, I'll assume the masons/cultists have contacted you then?))

Joosbawx
2007-03-14, 09:33 AM
Joosbawx sits and watches the proceedings, not participating but obviously interested in the outcome. When the black heart of the true wolf pingcode is revealed, he stands and turns in a circle before moving off to the edge of the pack. Finding some solitude, he lays down and watches the Eastern sky lighten until he falls asleep.

Goblin Music
2007-03-14, 09:35 AM
The Dalek-wolf heads of to the cave where he usually rests

Douglas
2007-03-14, 09:48 AM
"Oh my aching stomach! I think one of those spices he picked didn't agree with me."

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-03-14, 03:33 PM
the feathered wolf sighs. well, we haven't gotten a paladin yet, but that's okay. we had a nice dinner anyway. (I particularly liked the parsley. mm-mm. parsely) we are still very strong, so I know we'll overcome these paladins.

Castaras
2007-03-14, 03:34 PM
Castaras growls softly, slinking back to her den for the night.

Exachix
2007-03-14, 03:36 PM
Exachix sees day breaking and runs for cover.

TheChris
2007-03-14, 04:59 PM
((sorry about the delay guys. Just started my new job and work is beating the crap out of me. I'll try to get back in the swing of things))

TheChris wakes up from his seemingly sudden nap. "Huh....wha....you there?! WHO ARE YOU?! Who are you all.....What time of day is this!?"

Copacetic
2007-03-14, 05:03 PM
(( I'm telling you guys Castaras is a Paladin! Wait, I'm not supposed to be posting anymore no that I'm dead? * Is forrcbly pulled off stage*))

Goblin Music
2007-03-14, 05:09 PM
((you can post it is just you can not reveal any stuff about the game))

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-03-14, 08:48 PM
"Hmm... isn't it obvious?! Graklok! you need to scan..."

The spoiler is cut off as death's sickle sends [Insert neat wolfname here]'s ghost back to the afterlife where the paladins sent him.

pingcode20
2007-03-15, 01:44 AM
The ghost of Pingcode "Tasty" "Butterscotch" Wolf rises and watches the proceedings.

"I may have fallen, but the pack will endure! Long live the pack!"

At this point, he is joined by what looks like an old lady carrying an impossibly large club.

"Hello, dearie."

"Why... uh... hello grandmother... what are you doing here?" "Special permission from the big guy." "Eep."

Tasty-Wolf slowly backs away as the ghost of his dead grandmother advances on him, grinning entirely too evilly for a little old lady, and raising the club sized for a storm giant.

2007-03-15, 06:01 AM
*night stumbles around a bit, trips and falls. Information coming soon. Watch this space for 20 mins, hit refresh, and in an amazing magic trick something would have happened. *

Tormsskull
2007-03-15, 06:20 AM
((Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?))

2007-03-15, 06:50 AM
((...This is the third time I wrote this blo Joyful description, so be happy your getting one :smalltongue: ))

*You wake and slink to the meeting place, there is a mirror there, you also find a rectangular thing, you hit the red button, and the mirror suddenly springs to life. You mash a few things, something with the word "volume" comes up, and as you click on the arrow facing to the right, you hear voices*

Is it on? Technology nowadays, back in my day we had magic and where happy with that

*The arch mage is staring at something you can't quiet see.*

What, it is on? Good.

*The archmage stares seemingly at you*

This is a lesson of justice.

*The Archmage looks off to the side*

Pause it now.

*the scene changes, it appears outside the confrontation area yesterday. A paladin with a dent in their armour waves cheerily at the mirror, which seems to be showing something from a stable area, probably mounted on a tripod bundle of rocks you think.*

I was spect-ing you.

*Graklok turns around with his eyes on fire once more stroking a cat he got from somewhere, behind a desk and revolving chair, which also can't be explained.*

Don't know when to cut your losses do you?

*The five paladins, with their warlord at head with the seer at the back approach the foul devil*

My friend will show no mercy this time.

*Graklok pointing to the right, obviously the Beast didn't read their script as no one comes*

Fwriend?

*Grakloks eyes burn brighter as he realizes he needs to fight these six warriors of light by himself*

I can still match you, you don't know the power of the dark side.

*As the last words are uttered, Graklok closes his grip in his hand and the Seer suddenly is pulled up of the ground, gasping as the seer gets choked, eyes lighting up the sky once again. The six set into motion is disciplined motions, walking as one, swinging hammers into attack position as one, hell, they even fell as one as the devil called upon hell's power to burn them from the ground. The armour can be seen creaking trying to protect the holy warriors from the fire, as the enchantments on it fight against the infernal fire.*

Graklok thinks your wizard is late.

A wizard is never late, *Graklok turns behind to see the arch mage standing behind with a silver fruit tray* But arrives precisely when they mean to.
*With that the devil is stuck and knocked to the floor in such a way his head jerked violently from his body and hit the ground before his body, breaking one of the stereotypes that mages are frail*

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
*Graklok attempts to run away but the arch mage places the staff violently on Grakloks chest*

No one burns the arch mage of fire.

*And runs the staff through Graklok five times, before regaining the dignity an arch mage should.*

His threat has passed.

*Graklok's eyes slowly fade, and then black out. The Seer stands up, helps the others up, gives a questioning look at the archmages show, yet goes to the devil, places holy water over the body and states the incarnation*

From dust to dust, rest in peace, god willing.

*The devil dissolves as the light hits it*

This was a lesson of justice

*The Archmage's face was the las thing you see before the screen cracks and breaks.*

Graklok, the devil was killed

<<Night Falls>>

Douglas
2007-03-15, 07:15 AM
((Uh, did the Beast forget to send in his PM? Or did Graklok decide he was "safe" because he would obviously be constantly protected and the paladins wouldn't bother trying?))

Selrahc
2007-03-15, 07:16 AM
*Shifts into Gauru form*

Sigh. Bloody beast. What were they doing that warranted not protecting the seer huh? Grrr....

*Points at Alarra again*

At least today we won't be repeating yesterdays fiasco of a vote. *glares andgrily at everyone who voted for pingcode*

And if I get my paws on that beast, they'll wish the paladins had.

*Howls*

((Sigh))

2007-03-15, 07:18 AM
((Uh, did the Beast forget to send in his PM? Or did Graklok decide he was "safe" because he would obviously be constantly protected and the paladins wouldn't bother trying?))

((....You really don't expect me to answer this do you?

Unfortunately as a moderator I am not allowed to say information like this, which may be used by people. Likewise, Selrahc won't be getting the name of the beast for his hounding.

Needless to say the Beast didn't send a pm to the effect "I protect Graklok"))

Jontom Xire
2007-03-15, 07:38 AM
Oh sod. I don't like these Paladins. We haven't got a single one and already our Devil is dead.

It's a bit unfair that they get to hand pick their players and we end up with a Beast who forgets to protect an exposed Devil. I mean DUH! If it was me I would have PM'ed Death to the effect that I would be protecting Graklok until otherwise stated.

Tormsskull
2007-03-15, 07:53 AM
Edit: V: Post deleted. I shouldn't be criticizing players posting habits.

2007-03-15, 07:56 AM
((I know you may be disappointed, but please, restrain from criticizing another player based on game play.))

Douglas
2007-03-15, 08:07 AM
((This was shaping up to be a really good game. If such a critical person as the Devil got killed just because one person neglected to send a PM for a ridiculously obvious action, that spoils the game pretty badly for me, and the way the death scene was written seems to imply pretty strongly that he was supposed to still be protecting Graklok.))

Edit: "Disappointed" is a bit mild for how I'm feeling about this game right now.

2007-03-15, 08:11 AM
((Death scenes don't affect the game, they are merely written for your enjoyment, they do not alter the game or hold any bearing to what happens behind scenes, they are generic narrations as I narrate this.))

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-15, 08:14 AM
((Normally I'd be more annoyed, but I know what it's like for the Beast in this situation, so let's all leave them alone and give them time to get over it.))

Thes Hunter
2007-03-15, 08:44 AM
(( The devil is dead, oh crap. We're screwed. :smallfrown: ))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-15, 08:44 AM
(^ [drill instructor] If you keep up that attitude missy, I will personally eat your heart. This pack does not have room for the pessimistic and weak at this time. [/drill instructor] )

(actually, I'd wager it was Graklok's call that the Beast not protect him. The paladins are presumed to be rather intelligent and experienced players. Experienced players do not attack someone they know will be protected. It wastes a kill and makes them look bad. Only once to my recollection has a team of wolves attacked a seer they knew was protected and that attempt failed because the seer was still protected. {CURSE YOU BOOKMAN! and CtP!}

So Graklok, who has watched quite a few of these games, probably sent the Beast off to protect someone he assumed would be a likely target. Both teams took a gamble and it paid off for the Paladins.

Now, we're at a disadvantage, but the game is still young. We still have our blue oyster moon cult and some of the best and brightest playing this game, so lets stop moping and start thinking. )

*The werellama, now only random patches of fur reveal his inner wolf, hops up on a rock and bleats out in anger with an attempt to rally the pack*
"Are you wolves willing to fight for your lives or are you livestock who will stand around and wait to be slaughtered? I was cattle and I WILL NOT GO BACK! SHOW ME YOUR FANGS! SHOW ME YOUR CLAWS! SHOW ME WHAT YOU WILL USE TO RIP THE PALADINS WHO THIS LIMB FROM LIMB AND WE WILL FEAST ON THEIR HEARTS!"

Graklok
2007-03-15, 08:58 AM
*sigh*

The ghost of Graklok floats by. It's still singing the hokey pokey, for some reason.....:smalltongue:

Indurain
2007-03-15, 09:00 AM
Indywolf, tries to tackle the ghost of Graklok. "Come back you sweet lovable lug." As his attempts to wrap up the ghost fail, Indywolf slumps to the ground. "It's not fair. Please keep singing Graklok, your voice will bring us comfort and strength in these light times."

2007-03-15, 09:00 AM
*sigh*

The ghost of Graklok floats by. It's still singing the hokey pokey, for some reason.....:smalltongue:

((The paladins did have trouble burying that one, kept tossing and turning))

Trog
2007-03-15, 09:21 AM
Well spoon. :smallannoyed:

Well at least Trog has the small comfort of knowing he won't be in this valley much longer. We're all gonna die now. *lights Coffin Nail brand cigarette*

Trog KNEW Trog shouldn't have left the den when we started this trip. :smallsigh:

Ink
2007-03-15, 09:46 AM
"Wha- How on earth did this happen?"

Ink watches in disbelief as the ghost of Graklok floats by.

"...Nuts."

((Here I was anticipating a breezy game of riding the Devil's bandwagon night after night, and now it appears I'll have to dust off the ol' brain and put it to use after all. Boo. It's waaay back in storage and I can never find the assembly manual.))

Castaras
2007-03-15, 10:16 AM
Castaras howls in rage.

Alarra
2007-03-15, 10:23 AM
(oh man....this is turning into a really interesting game. I mean, yes, we're kinda screwed now that the devil is dead....but a game where everyone blindly follows the seer gets boring anyway.)

Alarra howls mournfully before noticing the llamawolf on the rock. She hurries over to rally behind him.

"Oooh, eating paladin hearts? Oh let's! Wait....do you think they have hearts? Maybe they just have cold empty holes of light? What do you think their hearts would taste like? Bleach? I hope they aren't poisonous."

She sniffs around, her tail wagging slightly at the thought of eating a paladin heart. She sees the angry hippowolf pointing at her and decides to ignore him. Poor misguided guy....he's just angry....he doesn't really mean that. Once she's convinced herself that the hippowolf is really only angry over the death of poor Graklok and not at her, she continues to happily imagine tearing apart a paladin's heart.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-15, 11:05 AM
Nooooooooo! Arroooooooo! We shall avenge!

* Raldor points at Alarra

((same reasons as yesterday))

Castaras
2007-03-15, 11:07 AM
* Points at Alarra for auto lynching's sake.

Goblin Music
2007-03-15, 11:33 AM
*Growl* personally i don't think lynching alara will help but *points at alara*

Alarra
2007-03-15, 11:34 AM
Alarra stops skipping and forces images of paladin hearts our of her mind as the wolves begin to point at her. She whimpers slightly.

"Me? No....seeee....we're looking for paladins, not wolves." She smiles, before sitting up straighter and taking a more serious tone.

Okay...why are you really pointing at me? Because I'm a good player? Follow that logic and the paladins will eat us alive as we remove every good player from the game one by one. I'll stick with the reasoning I gave before. It would be a pretty stupid warlord to pick the inherently suspicious people. Now, that being said, I don't know why I'm inherently suspicious, but I'm generally scried early and people always think I'm a bad guy. Because of one game where I manipulated some things. One game!

Now...I don't know who the paladins are, so, I'm going to wait until there's at least a little evidence against someone.

Castaras
2007-03-15, 11:38 AM
Your reasoning is sound Alarra. * Drops finger *

Without our devil though, it seems we can only guess.

TheChris
2007-03-15, 11:39 AM
Yeah I think that everyone is still rough about that one game. Though that one game was amazingly fun....well from our perspective. You should just randomly choose people, like me! Complains a bit too much for a wolf if you as me! *eyes suspiciously*

*TheChris points at Jontom

Jontom Xire
The thing is that we don't know the warlord is that good a player. The warlord was picked randomly (AFAIK). It could be some guy who's never played the game before and so scanned past games to figure out who the heavyweights were and then picked them without realising that they would be obvious targets.

Now as my diety I'm prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I have no idea where to point either, so it's mighty tempting...

Exachix
Exachix hmms and sighs.

"Frell..."

Selrahc
2007-03-15, 11:42 AM
*Growl* personally i don't think lynching alara will help but *points at alara*

Um... Did the pingcode thing not teach you something?

Don't point at those you don't find suspicious on some level.

B-Man
2007-03-15, 11:47 AM
I suspect Jontom. My reasoning is in my last pointing.

* B-Man points at Jontom Xire.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-15, 11:49 AM
(@Allara) Well, basing it on who would be picked is a bit of an Iocaine Powder type situation. You must have suspected that I knew Allara was a good player, so I can clearly not choose her for my team. So I'm not really doing that.

I'm basing it more on your pointing at Frigs on the first day. I'd say because you are a good player, it is really odd of you to point at someone who is rather obviously claiming to be the Devil/Seer. I didn't think your explanation of why you pointed at him was all that convincing either. I'm planning on taking a good look at everyone who pointed at Frigs, especially the more experienced players. I'm betting the warlord did get at least one experienced player.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-15, 11:52 AM
In previous games, players who pointed at me with lousy reasoning turned out to be wolves. E.g. El J in WWCII.

{color=red]Jontom points at B-Man[/color]

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-15, 11:53 AM
Your reasoning is sound Alarra. * Drops finger *

Without our devil though, it seems we can only guess.

*The llamawolf tries to growl again, but it comes out more as a choked bleating. He frowns as his transformation is wearing off.*

"We have voting patterns. We have logic. Its not perfect, but its more than just random pointing."

Yesterday, the troglydite wolf pointed at another pack member and used a very odd and silly reason. She spurned his advances and he's upset. I wouldn't rip him apart for that since it sounds like his heart has been ripped out already, but other people followed his lead despite the fact that other choices were available. That doesn't seem like a smart paladin tactic, but I'm at a loss to explain it. However, its not my main concern since many wolves are simply followers."

"I still think we should focus on those who lynched the demon. That should not have happened. Does anyone remember if one of our pack voted both for lynching the demon and pointed at Thes? If so, we may have a paladin."

(lunch break is over, bye all)

Thes Hunter
2007-03-15, 12:07 PM
Thes lets out a long mournful howl at the news that the Devil is dead.

She turns and looks at the rest of the pack.

"However, the wereLlama is correct. We are wolves, and we have more than enough fight left over to see this out."

She stalks through the throg of wolves gathered round for this days accusations, sniffing here, watching there. Looking for a flinch or a hint of those who might be hiding their 'lighter' parts.

She turns and looks at Jontom Xire.

"I think you protest too much. You continue to cause my hankles to raise. Now I am sure Jontom will begin to berate my senses (or my intelligence) about this choice though." Thes gives a big broad tooth grin.

*** Thes points at Jontom Xire ***

Jontom Xire
2007-03-15, 12:22 PM
Umm, How is one line, which isn't even a protest but an accusation, "protesting too much"?

I'm fed up with this. I really am. At least base your accusations on facts, guys!

I don't care if I get lynched any more. Part of the reason I decided to take a back seat in this game is because when, in previous games I pour my heart and soul into helping the villagers win, I just get a load of old tosh accusations and suspicions levelled at me. It's not fair. For crying out loud, engage your brains.

Thes, I challenge you to quote ONE post that I have posted since the Devil got killed and before your accusation, in which I protest AT ALL, let alone too much!!

Jontom points at himself

The sooner I get ripped apart, the sooner I can be shot of a bunch of sheep following the lead of paladins with the dodgiest of reasoning.

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-15, 12:34 PM
.. That's a bit of a letdown.

I don't like were all this is going - Jontom is right - Where's the basis of the accusation?

I point at Thes. Third person to point at JX. She could be
a paladin trying to start the bandwagon against JX.

Tormsskull
2007-03-15, 12:39 PM
I don't care if I get lynched any more. Part of the reason I decided to take a back seat in this game is because when, in previous games I pour my heart and soul into helping the villagers win, I just get a load of old tosh accusations and suspicions levelled at me. It's not fair. For crying out loud, engage your brains.

((If you honestly have no idea why you get pointed at a lot, PM me and I'll explain. That being said, I am unmoved by your "I'm going to point at myself because I am fed up of this" line. I hadn't planned on pointing at you, and I still don't. I have a few people in mind (some who are already being pointed at) but I think that we have to go on our hunches. Since that is the case:))

Tormsskull points at Castaras.

((It might not seem to make sense, but I have a feeling.))

Thes Hunter
2007-03-15, 12:41 PM
*sigh* It seems my prediction was correct.

Oh sod. I don't like these Paladins. We haven't got a single one and already our Devil is dead.

It's a bit unfair that they get to hand pick their players and we end up with a Beast who forgets to protect an exposed Devil. I mean DUH! If it was me I would have PM'ed Death to the effect that I would be protecting Graklok until otherwise stated.

I myself feel it says it all.

This post really strikes me of double speak, complaining about The Paladins getting to pick their players, while 'you' get stuck with a beast who 'forgets'. We do not know what went on. So it all seems very suspicious to me.

There is your one post since the Devil has been killed Mr. Xire.

Castaras
2007-03-15, 12:47 PM

((It might not seem to make sense, but I have a feeling.))

(( What feeling would that be? ))

Rumda
2007-03-15, 12:49 PM
I find my self agreeing with thes, We can not blame the beast for his mistake for all we know the unholy powers that fuel him could have failed or he could have been delayed to coming to the aid of of departed fiend, so I point at Jontom
((translation: The person playing the beast could have had a power cut or he may not have been able to access a computer to send in his action))

Lucky
2007-03-15, 12:51 PM
The feeling of "Why aren't you dead yet!"

Or that's the feeling I have inside.

Look ok, having the Demon scry her as a a paladin does not exclude her from being one. No matter who's scried, they all have the same chance of coming up a paladin.

*Points at Castaras

Grrrrrrrrrr

InaVegt
2007-03-15, 01:26 PM
I do believe Jontom has been acting very suspiciously

looks menacingly at Jontom as she points at him

Graklok
2007-03-15, 01:55 PM
Graklok looks for Frigs and Pingcode and , he's still singing.

C'mon guys!

You do the Hooooookey pokey!
You do the Hooooookey pokey!
You do the Hooooookeeeeey pokey!
That's what it's all about.

Satan comes up to talk to Graklok.

You don't get it, do you? We play that song over and over again down here to torture people.....you're not supposed to like it.

Huh? Otay, den CHICKEN DANCE!

Graklok begins flapping his arms. Satan just rolls his eyes, drops his head into his hand. [I]This jobs not easy....where'd Death go? I may have to send this one upstairs.

Goblin Music
2007-03-15, 01:58 PM
*moves point to fullbladder* he is suspect in my books

Castaras
2007-03-15, 02:16 PM
Castaras turns to the two pointing at her. She sighs.

I guess I can't sway your views at this moment in time. The most I can think of to tell you is that I am not a paladin. The truth is all I have to defend myself. As such, I will not point at anyone for the moment, until I have seen more of who points at who.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-15, 02:26 PM
*sigh* It seems my prediction was correct.

I myself feel it says it all.

This post really strikes me of double speak, complaining about The Paladins getting to pick their players, while 'you' get stuck with a beast who 'forgets'. We do not know what went on. So it all seems very suspicious to me.

There is your one post since the Devil has been killed Mr. Xire.

I'm not protesting, I'm complaining. I don't think that post is at all protesting!

As to not knowing what went on, Death as good as said that the Beast forgot to post his action for the night.

And yes, (s)he may have had a powercut or a dead computer, but while they were all active chatting to Graklok (inferring a bit here from all Graklok said) the beast could have put in a standing order to Death.

Anyway enough. I won't post again unless I survive, no matter the provocation - and oh boy is that gonna be hard. I find it very difficult to resist rising to defend myself against some of the lies and inaccuracies that get posted about me.

evnafets
2007-03-15, 04:31 PM
There was some very last minute voting to save Castaras in favour of Frigs the other day.
PGCoD and Captain Van Der Decken were the last two votes to swing it.
Both were needed, and both were after Death's comment about how a tie would be resolved in 'favour' of the one who got there first.

Suspicious?
evnafets points at Captain Van Der Decken

Bookman
2007-03-15, 04:40 PM
Ok here's my theory. Alarra is a wolf. My theorizing is as follows. One night I was talking in a chat and Alarra was there but said she was "distracted" in another one. She always got distracted by the wolf pow wows. Therefore she may have been conspiring. Also her pointing has been suspect. Let's see how well my logic works now :tongue:

((Oooooooo I got cursed :wink:))

Alarra
2007-03-15, 04:52 PM
(@Allara)
I'm basing it more on your pointing at Frigs on the first day. I'd say because you are a good player, it is really odd of you to point at someone who is rather obviously claiming to be the Devil/Seer. I didn't think your explanation of why you pointed at him was all that convincing either. I'm planning on taking a good look at everyone who pointed at Frigs, especially the more experienced players. I'm betting the warlord did get at least one experienced player.

I can see your reasoning here, and maybe I was oblivious, or maybe I didn't read his posts closely enough, but I didn't even pick up on the fact that he was trying to claim that he was a devil/seer. *shrugs* :smallredface:

On the other hand, I did find the last minute shift to save Castaras suspicious. Admittedly, I don't know if that was because the late folk were her fellow paladins trying to protect her, or if they're all wolves and we're reading too much into it, but it's something to look into anyway. For the moment....*Alarra points at Castaras

Ok here's my theory. Alarra is a wolf. My theorizing is as follows. One night I was talking in a chat and Alarra was there but said she was "distracted" in another one. She always got distracted by the wolf pow wows. Therefore she may have been conspiring. Also her pointing has been suspect. Let's see how well my logic works now :tongue:
Haha...now you made me go through my chatlogs to figure out who I was chatting with that was distracting me that evening, because I remember saying that. And now that I look at it....It was mafia discussion actually.

Indurain
2007-03-15, 05:48 PM
I'm going to have to agree with the Jontom suspicions here. Let's have a look at Jontom's progression through the game:

Right after roles handed out..."I'm gonna play a lesser role this time." Suspicious? Yes.

A few fingers start going Jontom's way..."Grrr...angry Jontom."

Devil goes down..."This game isn't fair."

Little Thes/Jontom war..."I don't even care if I get lynched."

Each of these various statements has proven to be Paladiny (wolfy) in the past, save the "This game isn't fair." comment. But even that one I look as so over-the-top that it seems like reverse logic to me. "I'm going to complain so loudly that people couldn't possibly think I'm a paladin."

It all seems really fishy to me. First you say you're not going to play much of a role, but here you are today with quite a few posts already.

Jontom Xire...I choose you....TO DIE!!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-15, 05:55 PM
(Indy, if we end up cramming JX into a pokeball...I'm lynching you next round)

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-15, 06:02 PM
((I must admit, that was quite funny!))

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-15, 06:04 PM
((Actually, that's almost worth changing my vote for, but no))

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-03-15, 07:16 PM
I agree with those of you who say JX is a paladin. he's never played a game backseat like this, and I don't think it's because he feels he spends too much time on it.
I would say that we hold our hands against him because he is a good strategist that could help the villager's side, but he hasn't been helping. no outrageous theories, no lists, no nothing, but complaining and defending himself. so here is my vote:

go! Jontom Xire! leave this valley. while you still can.

translation: the feathered wolf growls and points her nose at JX. he's being very helpful tonight. she says sarcastically.

Trog
2007-03-15, 08:21 PM
*Trog looks taken aback at Llama's statement.*

Broke Trog's heart?! No no no my WereLlama compadre no. Thes is a guy. Trog swears! Just smell him once. Take a big whiff of that wolftosterone. Trog isn't gonna get a litter out of him! *glaces sidelong at Thes* Although he is pretty hot for a male wolf, Trog'll give you that.

Now... who should Trog point at? Let's see. Let's see... well using Trog's knowledge of the Howling movies... Howling V in particular... Trog thinks he's gonna point at the one who looks most innocent.

*Points at Alarra*

Besides. Trog knows that that one has been stealing into TheChris's den. Trog needs to narrow down the unavailable females until Trog can satisfy his animal lust on the remaining females. Or um... males... if Trog doesn't really have a choice. *eyes Thes. shakes head* Trog could have sworn! But the nose knows as my grandaddy used to say.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-03-15, 11:09 PM
Fullbladder looks up.

"Whoah whoah whoah. Why all the hate? Can't we just get along?"

Several incredulous stares later, a flourescent blue bird lands on the goblin wolf's shoulder.

"Y'know them twigs you been chewin'?" it asks.

"Yeah."

"I think you should stop. They might be messin' wit' yer head."

Fullbladder ponders this before stating simply "But I don't feel like my head's been messed with."

At this the bird gives up, and forcibly moves Fullbladder's arm to point at Jontom.

"He does seem suspicious. Just keep pointing and stay outta people's way."

No one else can see the bird.

Helgraf
2007-03-16, 12:14 AM
Ahh ell. I don't like eitherof my two suspects, butone has more lynch momentum behind 'im.

* Helgraf points at Jontom Xire *

Having said this,I'm also highly suspicious of Castaras.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-16, 03:28 AM
Cult of the Raven, thanks for the compliment, and you're right, I haven't been helping. There are a lot of others who haven't been helping either tho'.

I feel a bit more relaxed this morning, despite finding it almost impossible to download Fedora Core 6 and the fact my £700 expenses haven't been paid from a month ago.

2007-03-16, 03:44 AM
((^ The fourth wall, the poor poor fourth wall!))

Krystal_Tiger
2007-03-16, 04:09 AM
((^^Poor fourth wall, I knew it well:smallfrown: ))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-16, 06:07 AM
*points at Exachix*

Joosbawx
2007-03-16, 08:27 AM
Joosbawx watches the fingers/paws raise and point from where he sits on his haunches. After observing for awhile, he finally speaks.

"I have nothing to add that has not already been said tonight or last night."

Ink
2007-03-16, 08:44 AM
"Hm I'm not sure that Jontom is a paladin. Castaras however still holds my suspicions. That last minute switch from Castaras to Frigs on the second night is worth looking into."

* Ink points at Castaras

Exachix
2007-03-16, 04:28 PM
Exachix hmms and points to Castaras. I don't trust her.

Castaras
2007-03-16, 04:33 PM
Castaras sighs, shaking her head in despair at those pointing at her.

For now, I will point at Alarra.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-16, 06:38 PM
*points at Alarra*

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-17, 06:14 AM
Ms Elaneous manages to amazingly scratch herself behind the ear using her foot whilst in her human form. "Ah... I suppose I need to put in my opinion? Very well. I trust JX the least of those that are currently being voted for. I'm afraid I shall have to point my claw at him." Points at JX.

2007-03-17, 06:28 AM
*You set on Jontom Xire with a lust for blood, he says he is a wolf and yet no one believes him.

The pack easily tear him apart and find his heart to be as black as anything. One should have been able to tell due to his suspicous nature, those evil characters are always slinking about.

JX a wolf was torn about.

~~~Night accidentally trips and then falls down~~~
Day Breaks.

Castaras
2007-03-17, 06:32 AM
Castaras sighs.

He was a wolf, black as black, with a cruel heart. May he be remembered for his sacrifice for us all.

She turns to the sunrise and slinks off to her den, to sleep.

Exachix
2007-03-17, 06:46 AM
Exachix sighs and heads to bed.

Trog
2007-03-17, 01:15 PM
Well crud. Another wolf died. :smallannoyed: Who are these paladins that can so subtly direct attention away from themselves Trog wonders. Best to sleep on it. May the rising moon illuminate the traitors in our midst.:smallmad:

*Turns three times and lays down in a shady spot hiding from the rising sun.*

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-17, 02:56 PM
"SNAP! I was wrong!" She crawls off into a corner by herself, looking slightly depressed and sprawls out face down on the cave floor, not too terribly far from Trog.

Helgraf
2007-03-18, 01:57 AM
Well, assuming the paladins don't smash in my skull by nightfall, I know who I'm voting against.

2007-03-18, 05:53 AM
*As you awaken to slink into the night you hear insane laughter, and giggling, that echos the valley.*

Hahhaha, you know, I remember you. Recall me? I was the arch, hehe, mage of beasts. On the council of 14 recall? Recall? They call it of 13 now? Lol. And you, aren't you Lord Richards youngest? I didn't know they accepted-

Silence fool!

*There is a sickening crunch and you rush till you see a frail old man in the ground, life force draining from him, it is a pitiful sight, even in your eyes. He was a tragedy in life, falling (or ascending) to a state of werewolf, yet without the mental stability, and still able to feel the pain of mortal feelings. He was a good wolf. You give nod in respect before chowing down. Waste not want not.*

<<Douglas has been smited, he was the mad wolf>>

Night Falls, sues for compensation.

Castaras
2007-03-18, 06:01 AM
Castaras comes out of her lair and howls a blood-curdling howl in front of the rising moon.

Exachix
2007-03-18, 07:13 AM
Exachix wakes and walks out.

"Another wolf down... We're losing numbers fast."

Goblin Music
2007-03-18, 07:37 AM
*gasp* that dose not bode well for us.

Castaras
2007-03-18, 07:38 AM
Castarsa growls menacingly.

Selrahc
2007-03-18, 08:17 AM
*Points at Alarra again*

I'm still suspicious. I suspect someone else will be ripped aprt though... which after the last few times, also seems suspicious.

B-Man
2007-03-18, 08:53 AM
After analysing the posts from the previous day, I suspect the following to be paladins (in Alphabetical order because I have too much time on my hands):
Alarra
Atreyu the Masked LLama
The Chris
Thes
Trog

That being said, I'll start from the top of my list and work my way down.

* B-Man points at Alarra.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-18, 08:59 AM
I agree with the undead-were-hippo-wolf.

*Raldor-wolf points at Alarra

Helgraf
2007-03-18, 09:05 AM
Helgraf sssstilll suspects Castaras

* Helgraf swipes at Castaras *

Castaras
2007-03-18, 09:06 AM
Castaras Points at Alarra

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-18, 09:37 AM
Shakes her head sadly at the Mad Wolf's passing before joining the rest of the pack. After a few moments listening, she makes a decision. "Hm... B-man. I'd like to hear more of your reasoning behind this list. But until then I'll point in Alarra's direction." Points at Alarra.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-18, 09:45 AM
After analysing the posts from the previous day, I suspect the following to be paladins (in Alphabetical order because I have too much time on my hands):
Alarra
Atreyu the Masked LLama
The Chris
Thes
Trog

That being said, I'll start from the top of my list and work my way down.

* B-Man points at Alarra.

(you know, if I knew all these were going to be in alphabetical order, I'd have gone with Yancy the Masked LLama.)

*The llamawolf smiles, glad to see the pack has gotten their spirit back and have followed his advice.*

"oooh, oooh, I have a list, too. Its a list of all the people who killed Frigs, when he all but admitted that he was a devil."

(order of voting)
Castaras
Bookman
Alarra
Helgraf
Kyrstal Tiger
Purple Cube
Captain vdD
pingcode20 (that may explain why Graklok targeted him.)

*unable to properly digest meat due to the lingering transformation, the llamawolf starts munching on bloody grass, so he can at least get that coppery taste he loves.*

"oh and since there is a bandwagon forming" *The llama points at Exachix*

B-Man
2007-03-18, 09:50 AM
(( ^ Well, as I've posted, it's in alphabetical because I'm bored and have too much time on my hands))

Well Ms E, Alarra was able to guilt some of those who accused her yesterday out of voting for her. Now if she was a paladin, is possible that The Chris might be a paladin (Seeing as it's an Alpha Wolf (Paladin) game)? I suspect Thes and Trog because just on a hunch. LLama's a suspect on my list because of his 'I'll point at Exachix to avoid picking up suspicion' routine.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-18, 10:03 AM
"oh, that's all? No worries there, mate. I thought you had something we could verbally rough house about. Check out WW classic II and you'll see me and Death had quite a turn-a-bout yesterday. Give me a few rounds to do more suspicious stuff and we can debate then, when it'll last longer than a brief overview of W.W. V."

"P.S. when we do debate, bring Timbits. Man I am craving one of those right now. Mac and cheese just isn't hte breakfast it used to be."

"but if you're bored, we can have a good debate over the different members on our lists and why they may or may not be paladins. Pick a name and I'll give you my thoughts and if you disagree, you can give me yours. It'll be fun."

Raistlin1040
2007-03-18, 10:07 AM
Hmm. I think I'll Vote for Alarra.

B-Man
2007-03-18, 10:48 AM
Well Llama, I love how we both have Alarra on our lists, but you aren't acting on your list at all. I know that you favour voting for Exachix, but the time for such trivial things is long past. We need to get rid of the paladins. As I wait for your response, here, have a couple Timbits. ((I love Roll-up-the-Rim month, I lose all my pocket change))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-18, 11:11 AM
"of course, I'm not acting on my list. There is no reason to act. Its covered. Look at the fingers. Outside of Helgraf, its all Alarra. I'm excited to see if my list has merit, but I'll put the running gag over adding myself to a given bandwagon anyday. Sorry, mate, its just how I've chosen to play the game."

*munches happily on Timbits* (what's roll up the rim month?)

B-Man
2007-03-18, 11:16 AM
((Roll-up-the-Rim (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roll_up_the_Rim_to_Win#Roll_Up_the_Rim_to_Win) is a promotion at Timmy's where you can win stuff by drinking coffee. 1-in-9 odds, apparently. I've only won another coffee.))

Fine, fine. Be that way Mr Llama.

Alarra
2007-03-18, 11:35 AM
The small wolf looks at the crowd of people pointing angrily in her direction. "Me? You think I'm a paladin?" She looks sad and hurt at the faces around her. "Well, I'd try to convince you otherwise, but there's too many of you, and I doubt I'd have a chance."

Resigned to her fate, she lies down and covers her nose with her paws. "Well come on then, let's get this over with."
*Alarra points at herself

(And B-Man....I've guilted people into changing their votes? How's that? I've just been my usual sweet, innocent self that I play in every game, and the reasonings that I've given for my voting have been the truth)

InaVegt
2007-03-18, 11:41 AM
Can't stop the bandwagon, might as well use it for autlynch protection, or I could help llama point at exy.

[roll0]

TheChris
2007-03-18, 01:19 PM
Sorry Alarra, you are far too manipulative and suspicious in general. Even I can see the writing on this wall

*TheChris points at Alarra

If you're a paladin then HA! If you're not.....I guess the couch would be nice this week.

Tormsskull
2007-03-18, 02:33 PM
((Sorry, I can't jump on the bandwagon. I'll point to the fact that Castaras STILL hasn't been ripped apart, she has had very lucky circumstances fall her way. I think she has to be a pally.))

Trog
2007-03-18, 02:54 PM
Yup. Alarra still seems suspicious to Trog. Plus somehow when Trog pointed at her yesterday is resulted in sleeping close to Ms. E. Trog's got needs, fellow wolves. Far be it for me fix what ain't broke. *wags tail at Ms. E.*

*points at Alarra*

inky13112
2007-03-18, 03:14 PM
yummmm that llama looks absolutely delicious! Lets eat him! points at atreyu.

Thes Hunter
2007-03-18, 03:35 PM
(( For the next week I am on spring break and doing a bit of travelling. I am currently in Wisconsin, so for a bit, there is a higher probability of less activity by me. Though I will be bored while a certain scaly guy is at work. ))

Thes wanders into the discussion with her weary travel worn paws, and over hears Trog talking about Ms. E.

Thes growls and spins on Trog: "For some I feel you need to be torn apart!

Thes menaces Trog

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-18, 04:04 PM
*The old wolf mutters, and stands up*

That small wolf, Alarra. She doesn't really seem that suspicious to me. I think you whelps are making a mistake. But like I said yesterday, I still don't trust Thes. Bandwagon against JX and all that.

Goblin Music
2007-03-18, 06:54 PM
Hmm. Points at FB Don't ask if you don't want to know