PDA

View Full Version : Metro 2033 RPG ideas

Kharthus0716
2014-07-09, 07:41 AM
Hey guys, so I am a bit new here, and I was kinda hoping I could get some help with some ideas.

So I am thinking of running a Metro 2033 game. So I was hoping for some help with the system to use. I was thinking about dead lands/all flesh must be eaten, and I was wondering what you guys thought I should take from each of the systems, and also how I should deal with values of items, since obviously bullets are the standard value marker in the metro, so how much is a bullet really worth?

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Kalmageddon
2014-07-09, 08:59 AM
I don't know the systems you want to use, but if you want to run a Metro 2033 game, I'd advise you read the book, if you feel like it and you haven't already done so.
Anyway, the book describes the various stations in a way that would be very helpful to set up a campaign, while also providing some additional lore that the video game doesn't have.

If you know the book already, feel free to disregard this post.

Kharthus0716
2014-07-09, 09:18 AM
I will definitely do that. Is it only one book? Or a series?

Kalmageddon
2014-07-09, 09:25 AM
I will definitely do that. Is it only one book? Or a series?

To my knowledge there are two original books and at least one spin-off made by another writer.
The original books, by Dmitrij Gluchovskij, are Metro 2033 and Metro 2034. They are very different books, Metro 2033 is the story you see in the game, more or less. Artyom is on his quest to save his station, and so forth.
Metro 2034 is a whole different story, albeit quite a few characters from the previous book return. It's a smaller story and I'd dare say even more tragic than the original.

As for the spin-offs, I only know of a book written by an italian writer, "Le Radici del Cielo", which should translate to "The Roots of the Sky". It's terribile and it has barely anything to do with Metro, being set in Italy and not even underground. It's also confusing, disturbing and horribly mean-spirited. I'd avoid it if I were you.

Kharthus0716
2014-07-09, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the advice and the info.