PDA

View Full Version : The futility of holding Thog?

13_CBS
2007-02-27, 10:51 PM
I forget what the properties of the anti-magic cells were, but if Nale could rile up Thog somehow (even Elan managed to do that), what's stopping our green friend from ripping open the cells like he did with the Cliffport ones? At the very least, Thog would have no trouble bending open a bar or two to let, say, Nale slip out.

TheOtherMC
2007-02-27, 10:58 PM
Awwww crap....dont think anyone at the prisons thought of that one. Probably just thought: lepracahn(sp? yeah its late...)=MAGIC!

Megalomaniac2
2007-02-27, 11:05 PM
I'm guessing that Azure City's jail cells are higher quality than Cliffport's were. Let's face it, the CPPD has nothing on the Sapphire Guard in terms of skill, competence, or prisoner retainment. Definite edge in leadership, though.

13_CBS
2007-02-27, 11:08 PM
True, but I doubt that the Cliffport jails were anything to laugh at either, yet Thog not only bent the bars but also RIPPED OUT THE ENTIRE JAIL CELL WALL WITH HIS BARE HANDS. WITHOUT MAGIC.

He could easily rend a few bars out, no?

Demented
2007-02-27, 11:43 PM
But will Nale ever consider that possibility?
He's downright terrified of thog's boredom-driven rampages.

13_CBS
2007-02-27, 11:45 PM
Perhaps, but could Nale stop a boredom driven rampage if Thog gets bored enough?

Professor Tanhauser
2007-02-28, 02:48 AM
I'm guessing that Azure City's jail cells are higher quality than Cliffport's were. Let's face it, the CPPD has nothing on the Sapphire Guard in terms of skill, competence, or prisoner retainment. Definite edge in leadership, though.

Don't forget they also have a SWAT unit.:smalltongue:

Angela Christine
2007-02-28, 06:17 AM
Nah. Thog would never have been able to do it without Elan's bard song to inspire competence. :smalltongue:

Baalzebub
2007-02-28, 09:09 AM
Maybe Nale is just waiting for the right moment to break free. If he knows about Xykon's invasion, the perfect oportunity to escape is when the troops are invading Azure. :smallwink:

Bozidar
2007-02-28, 09:24 AM
give him some bunnies to take care of and he'll never get mad :)

Hunter_Rose
2007-02-28, 09:32 AM
Make the bars enchanted so that when Thog touches them he gets an electrical shock. Or supply Thog with an everfull container of Rocky Road ice cream (Thog happy for all time *sniff*).
I kinda forgot that Elan's bard song was what caused Thog's purple pants (ie: Incredible Hulk) transformation. I always assumed that it was just the annoying nature of Elan that irked Thog into trashing the cell, and there is no way Nale can ever aspire to the annoyance of level of Elan. Unless of course he takes it as an epic feat hmmmm?

Roderick_BR
2007-02-28, 09:46 AM
One is to guess that these bars are made to contain powerful beings, not only barring magic. Sabine is a temptress demoness, not much of an high strenght, but they probably had to lock one of those huge demons sometime.
Or Thog will just rip the place open when Nale tell him "now it's the right time to do it."

chibibar
2007-02-28, 09:53 AM
nah..Azure city have plenty of chocolate sprinkles (so we hope) and Thog won't rage.

And remember, last time Thog rage was to rescue Nale, Nale is in with him. no one to rescue. As long the guards don't beat up on Nale or call him names, Thog should be happy.

MrBean13
2007-02-28, 12:09 PM
nah..Azure city have plenty of chocolate sprinkles (so we hope) and Thog won't rage.

And remember, last time Thog rage was to rescue Nale, Nale is in with him. no one to rescue. As long the guards don't beat up on Nale or call him names, Thog should be happy.

On the other hand he likes Elan now and if Nale told him to go rescue Elan what would be wrong with thog going all purple-pantied?

Thomar_of_Uointer
2007-02-28, 06:29 PM
True, but I doubt that the Cliffport jails were anything to laugh at either, yet Thog not only bent the bars but also RIPPED OUT THE ENTIRE JAIL CELL WALL WITH HIS BARE HANDS. WITHOUT MAGIC.

He could easily rend a few bars out, no?

Actually, Elan helped with his bardic music. Nale lacks that capacity, especially in an antimagic field.

Besides, the CCPD cells were for holding rough drunks overnight, the castle is a literal prison.

Rai Thunder
2007-02-28, 07:26 PM
Perhaps, but could Nale stop a boredom driven rampage if Thog gets bored enough?

Prison changes Thog. :smallbiggrin:

Combining the points people have made, the castle is a prison, and would ideally be built to withstand barbarians of all sorts. As for Thog needing Elan's bard magic/song to build up the rage needed to escape, wouldn't that be neutralised by the anti-magic properties of the cells?

lunar
2007-02-28, 10:15 PM
Maybe Xykon will reenforce the bars.

Professor Tanhauser
2007-02-28, 10:18 PM
I wonder if thog could plead mental incompetence in trial, or, should I say could his lawyer plead mental incompetence for him at a trial?

Seriosuly, thog has been manipulated and exploited by nale for a long time, maybe he could get sentenced to rehadilitation or something. Oh lord, maybe the OotS gets custody of him and tries to convert him to a good alignment or something.

Demented
2007-02-28, 11:14 PM
thog was created from Polymorph Any Object on a pancake.

Also, Elan's Bard song is only a lousy +2!

Shott
2007-02-28, 11:35 PM
They should have put him in a plastic cell...