PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360?

theKOT
2007-02-27, 11:52 PM
Allright, so here's the deal: I own a nintendo Wii & DS, but I really want to play some shooters. I have enough money to buy a 360 but not so much that I'm not giving it some deep thought before buying. I have some extra free time(Time I'm bored during), but only like an hour or two a week. Is an Xbox360 a good purchase? Will I get my money's worth with that amount of free time? Or should I just spend my time & money bulking up my small library of DS games(Kirby SS, Brain Age, MarioKart, EBA, Meteos)? I need advice!

Daracaex
2007-02-28, 01:55 AM
That's a toughie. I'd have to ge with a 360 if you want it and not any new Wii games. The 360 has a bunch of great games that are not FPS. But best of all is what's going to come for it. Assasins Creed, Blue Dragon, and I've seen a few others that look good, but I can't remember them right now.

theKOT
2007-02-28, 08:12 AM
Hilariously, niether of those are out here yet. 360 is a Shooter's console, no doubt.

Beleriphon
2007-02-28, 12:21 PM
Hilariously, niether of those are out here yet. 360 is a Shooter's console, no doubt.

The 360 has a good library of games so far. Lost Planet and Dead Rising are two very good reasons to get the 360.

theKOT
2007-02-28, 01:31 PM
The 360 has a good library of games so far. Lost Planet and Dead Rising are two very good reasons to get the 360.
Sure. I'm not saying it doesn't have a good library, but Lost planet it a shooter, as is just about every other game I want for the 360. But is it really worth the price of 10-12 DS games just for the console to play them on? That's what I'm asking I suppose.

Beleriphon
2007-02-28, 04:19 PM
Sure. I'm not saying it doesn't have a good library, but Lost planet it a shooter, as is just about every other game I want for the 360. But is it really worth the price of 10-12 DS games just for the console to play them on? That's what I'm asking I suppose.

I don't know, what DS games do you want?

If you want to play the 360 games that only available on that title go ahead, but from a functional perspective I can't answer that question for you.

I like the 360 a great deal, it has excellent games, and the benefit of playing on a TV screen. Its even better if you have a high definition set, that been said most of the games are pretty standard console fair. You aren't going to see a huge amount of innovation in most of the games like you would with the DS games. That being said I would recommend getting a 360 now if you can afford to do so and have any interest in the upcoming titles.

The other option would be to see if any place near you rents the console and a few games. If they do get one for a weekend and try it out.

theKOT
2007-02-28, 07:47 PM
I was thinking along the lines of Kirby and the Canvas Curse, Phoenix Wright, Tetris DS, Advance Wars DS, Super Mario 64 DS, and a number of games that have yet to be released. I really want Halo 2, GoW, Lost Planet etc. But for the less than half the price of a 360 and those games, I could get all of those DS games. Oh and yes I do have a hi-def TV.

Thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can find a place to rent it from.

Myatar_Panwar
2007-02-28, 09:09 PM
I love my 360 and if your looking for some shooter action, thats the system to get. Gotta love Gears of War. Plus you will most defiantly get your moneys worth of play in.

AmoDman
2007-02-28, 09:10 PM
I was thinking along the lines of Kirby and the Canvas Curse, Phoenix Wright, Tetris DS, Advance Wars DS, Super Mario 64 DS, and a number of games that have yet to be released. I really want Halo 2, GoW, Lost Planet etc. But for the less than half the price of a 360 and those games, I could get all of those DS games. Oh and yes I do have a hi-def TV.

Thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can find a place to rent it from.

Okay, no offense, but what POSSIBLE use could you have for 10-12 DS games? That is a LOT of time spent on the DS (cramped hands, iddy biddy screen...). I would never buy games in that large of batches...because by the time you've come around to halfway finishing half of them there's going to be lots of new stuff that you probably wished you waited for. Don't get me wron, I love playing with my DS, but bloody all the time?

If you want a 360, get a 360...I can almost guaruntee you it'll be a better investment than 12 DS games you'll get sick of in the end.

thorgrim29
2007-02-28, 09:18 PM
Get a 360, gears of war is awsome, and while for now the only other game I have for it is DOA4 it also is great (once you get past the slutty female characters, it's really a great game, and it as Aerosmith music in it) My only issue with my 360 is that it takes some time (and many reboots) to get it started when it's cold. The 52 inch plasma screen does'nt hurt either hehehe.

AmoDman
2007-02-28, 09:54 PM
My only issue with my 360 is that it takes some time (and many reboots) to get it started when it's cold.

Really? That is odd. There have been a number of systems with little mess-ups like that out there...I'd check into it to see if you shouldn't just exchange that.

Ronsian
2007-02-28, 09:57 PM
Well, it depends how soon you want it. Wii should get some good games coming out soon, where as Xbox 360 has loads. Xbox 360 has Dead Rising, Halo, and tons of great things. With only an hour or two a week.... *shrugs* you might not get major use, and I would use that time playing with my currently owned games.

That Lanky Bugger
2007-02-28, 10:43 PM
Gears of War. You claim to have an hour or two a week right now... but with this game you'll find yourself playing an hour or two a day. You waste all that time sleeping anyway, right? :belkar:

theKOT
2007-02-28, 10:52 PM
Okay, no offense, but what POSSIBLE use could you have for 10-12 DS games? That is a LOT of time spent on the DS (cramped hands, iddy biddy screen...). I would never buy games in that large of batches...because by the time you've come around to halfway finishing half of them there's going to be lots of new stuff that you probably wished you waited for. Don't get me wron, I love playing with my DS, but bloody all the time?

If you want a 360, get a 360...I can almost guaruntee you it'll be a better investment than 12 DS games you'll get sick of in the end.
Well, I got Mario kart DS and I am logging a lot of time on it... even though I beat it in every way imaginable a while ago. But that is a good point.... hmmmm
Oh, and about the Wii: I love it, but It doesn't have a good shooter or one due out anytime soon.

Thanks everyone for all your comments, and please keep em up, I'm still undecided(I am the anti-impulse buyer).

Logic
2007-03-01, 12:10 AM
Before you get Lost Planet, decide if the terrible cut scenes are for you. The game was really fun, but the cinema scenes really ruined it for me.
Rainbow 6 Vegas is hard. CRAZY hard.
Gears of War is the flagship title for a reason. I only know a single person that has not enjoyed this game.

Druid
2007-03-01, 02:00 AM
If you really want shooters I'd definitely say get a 360. I usually can't stand shooters but I loved Gears of War.

Crispy Dave
2007-03-02, 03:19 PM
well if you have a wi get some ames for that too because theres alot of good wi games out I recomend rayman raving rabits and Zelda but 360 also has the all powerful game of Oblivion its alot like a shooter but its also a rpg

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-03-02, 04:23 PM
if the game selection for the original Xbox is any indicator, then I wouldn't waste your money on the 360. Aside from the multiple system games, the Xbox had only a handful of games that were actually worth playing. Somehow I don't think the 360 will be much different.

LoopyZebra
2007-03-02, 05:16 PM
If the game selection for the original Xbox is any indicator, then I wouldn't waste your money on the 360. Aside from the multiple system games, the Xbox had only a handful of games that were actually worth playing. Somehow I don't think the 360 will be much different.

I'm sorry. That is a horrible assessment. I'd agree with you more if you claimed that Waterloo was one of Napoleon's greatest victories.

For the 360, I'll admit, some of the "360-only" titles are also released for the PC. But not for any other console, and a high-end gaming PC is pretty expensive these days. I spent 200 on a graphics card and got Oblivion to run on high graphical quality. I believe it automatically runs on the 360 at highest. The following titles I've listed are Xbox 360 and PC only, some of which are Xbox 360 exclusive. I've linked some of them.

Ahem... We have Gears of War (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gears_of_war), Dead Rising (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Rising), PGR 3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGR3) (one of Jack Black's favorite games), Viva Pinata (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viva_pinata), Quake 4 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quake_4) and a bunch of other games. Here's a list (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/home/games.php?type=Retail) of out and soon to be out games. And you can go ahead and play the original Xbox games, if that fills your fancy.

And let's not forget the major titles coming out soon that will not be coming out for other systems (except the PC)... Halo 3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_3), Mass Effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect), Fable 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fable_2), Blue Dragon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Dragon), Command and Conquer 3, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_and_conquer_3) just to name a few. Then there's Splinter Cell: Conviction (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clancy%27s_Splinter_Cell:_Conviction), Xbox 360 only, as are Bioshock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock) and Banjo-Kazooie 3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo-Kazooie_3). I should note that a decent portion of what I listed are RPGs, not shooters. We have both.

Oh, and we have a working multiplayer system. A competent one. Xbox Live is the premier Internet console system thingy. There's the webcam, the chat over headsets, the friends list, the Marketplace (offering video rentals, TV episode downloads, music videos, demos, and fully fledged games via the arcade. Check my sig. I'm playing Alien Hominid HD right now, which can be quickly and easily downloaded. Upcoming Xbox Arcade releases include Worms HD and a rework of Castlevania: SOTN.) Let's not forget that I can stream videos, music, and pictures from my computer. Then there's the achievement and gamerscore system. In comparison, we have Sony Online (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/02).

Now, the DS is a nice handheld, but it's a handheld. Nothing, except a PC, will compare to the Xbox 360. And a PC costs alot more. So, in summary, the DS will have you playing with a stylus, while the 360 will have you connected to the rest of the world via the largest online console gaming community with the best and greatest titles ever released. A PC is comparable, but so much more expensive.

There's no need to touch a PC or other system once you have the 360 except for web browsing and word processing, because, simply, all other gaming experiences are more costly and less fun. That said, the Wii is a fun system, so have fun with it. You may want to buy some games for it instead of DS games or the 360. Depends on what games you like there. It should be noted that the Wii has few Wii-only shooters, which is what you are looking for, while the 360 is the premier shooter console. But when you're ready for the console gaming experience of a lifetime, try the Xbox 360.

http://xbox360.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/37190/DeltaSquad_HiRes_qjgenth.jpg

Delta Squad says so. (I believe that's an in-game render, by the way.)

Narix
2007-03-02, 06:42 PM
I agree with LoopyZebra's assessment of the situation. I too have an Xbox 360 but as well I also have a Nintendo DS. I have had moments I will never forget on it but I have to say that I prefer my 360 more. Between the downloadable content on the market place, incredible visuals, and active online community the DS just cannot compete. I strongly recommend Crackdown as one of your purchases. Who doesn't love the ability to gain superhuman abilities through the use of brute force. It's almost like an RPG for cops and it is an Xbox 36o exclusive I might add.

theKOT
2007-03-03, 10:02 PM
Great news everybody! Due to a long series of boring events, my dad will buy the 360 for me in exchange for my Ipod, which I wasn't using anymore(take that apple!). So I get to have my cake and eat it too.

Thanks for all your advice, I'll be buying those recommended games now.

Logic
2007-03-04, 05:02 AM
There's no need to touch a PC or other system once you have the 360 except for web browsing and word processing, because, simply, all other gaming experiences are more costly and less fun.
This is the only statement that LZ made that I disagree with. Technichally, with all the PS3 offers out of the box (Wifi Enabled, hard-drive, next gen DVD player, HD component cables) you would have to pay a minimum of $100 more to get all that the PS3 offers out of the box (Comparing the cheaper version of each console to the other, and the more expensive to each other).
Another counter to cheaper, the Wii is $250, and its games are still only $50.
However, I will not be buying the PS3 for a great deal of time passes, since its game selection is terrible. I said the same of the 360 for nearly a year. Truth be told, no system is worth buying for a paltry 2-3 games that are available on other systems and maybe one exclusive. If I bought the PS3 now, I can guarantee that it would be a very expensive paperweight since I don't own any Blu-Ray DVDs.
Now, on to my counter to the other half of your statement.
Less fun? How so? Some people find Pac-Man and Frogger to be the greatest games of all time because of the fun factor. Saying that the 360 is more fun than anything else out there is a flawed argument, since fun is subjective. (Just think of all the things that your parents find fun that bore you to tears)
All this being said, I own a 360, and 10 games, none of which I plan to trade in at the moment. I purchased the original X-Box first because I found its game selection to be the closest to my own personal preferences.

LoopyZebra
2007-03-04, 10:07 AM
This is the only statement that LZ made that I disagree with. Technically, with all the PS3 offers out of the box (Wifi Enabled, hard-drive, next gen DVD player, HD component cables) you would have to pay a minimum of $100 more to get all that the PS3 offers out of the box (Comparing the cheaper version of each console to the other, and the more expensive to each other).
Now, on to my counter to the other half of your statement.
Less fun? How so? Some people find Pac-Man and Frogger to be the greatest games of all time because of the fun factor. Saying that the 360 is more fun than anything else out there is a flawed argument, since fun is subjective. (Just think of all the things that your parents find fun that bore you to tears)

The most expensive 360 is $400, i believe. The most expensive PS3 on Amazon.com is $750. Their hard drive holds a bit more, so, if I really needed the extra 40G of saved games, its an extra 100 per 20G hard drive for the 360. You can't put Blu-ray in a 360, so you'd have to buy a separate player, but really, I think that's kind of a moot point as nobody owns blu-ray discs (as you yourself commented). HD cables came with the 360 package. A wireless adapter for the 360 is another $100. That's still $50 short of the PS3. Unless you want to comment on unchangeable hardware, then a fully loaded 360 is cheaper than a fully loaded PS3. Not to mention, I haven't needed any of the $300 extra items for the 360. True, the Wii is cheaper, but the 360 is only a little more for vastly better "stuff".

We have Pac-Man and Frogger arcade versions available for download at the Xbox Live Marketplace for $5, although I see what you're saying. I suppose I did go overboard with the 'most fun' area, but out of the next-gen consoles, I'm still going to say that the 360 is the most fun for the average gamer.

theKOT, if you get Xbox Live (Silver Memberships are free, but I'd go Gold), feel free to send me a friend invite (Gamertag is LoopyZebra, surprise, surprise). I won't be able to play right away because my 360 is going in for repairs, but, yeah.

theKOT
2007-03-04, 10:30 AM
That's pretty hilarious LZ. Almost every 360 owner has it crap out on them, but none of them seem to get that upset. I hope my model is late enough that it doesn't have those kind of issues.

So will a regular wireless adapter work on the 360 or do you need to get a special one? Also, what are the advantages to having gold as opposed to silver?

LoopyZebra
2007-03-04, 10:55 AM
Upset? I didn't write that much upset into that post. Gold allows you to play games online on top of what Silver allows (which is Marketplace, Chat, Messages, etc. All of the other online features BESIDES online multiplayer).This (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/memberships/?WT.svl=nav)discusses it in more detail. As to the wireless, I'm not sure because I just use the cord that came with it.

theKOT
2007-03-04, 11:11 AM
I misused "that" in my last post. What I meant was no one gets very upset.

That Lanky Bugger
2007-03-04, 11:28 AM
That's because Microsoft has a really kickass exchange system. A friend's 360 crapped out on him and Microsoft had it replaced and back in his hands in about a week.

Also, get Lost Planet. It has Mechs. :D

LoopyZebra
2007-03-04, 11:34 AM
Well, yeah, it served me good before Miscellaneous Object A of Unknown Origin scratched the lens. If it wants a break, it can have a break. Plus, I'm kinda over it being broke; it broke a couple of weeks ago.

Beleriphon
2007-03-04, 04:22 PM
http://xbox360.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/37190/DeltaSquad_HiRes_qjgenth.jpg

Delta Squad says so. (I believe that's an in-game render, by the way.)

It would be. For fun though the commercial that we've all seen uses the in game engine for the whole thing. Thats right, in game graphics.

Gears of War Commercial in HiDef (http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/0B85CDC3-D528-4A40-B028-BD1F24CE2075/0/vidGoW_Mad_World_60Hi.asx)

Logic
2007-03-05, 03:40 AM
The most expensive PS3 on Amazon.com is $750.
Amazon is trying to screw you out of another $150. The suggested retail value for the better PS3 is $600.

The HD cables are not included in the 360 Core system, however the $500 PS3 includes them.

Starting from the 360 core system ($300) and the PS3 ($500 version)
HD cables $40, HD-DVD player (not quite the same as the Blu-ray, but is is Next Gen DVD, so it will have to compare.) $200, 20GB Hard drive $100, Wireless Adapter $100.
Since all of the components are included in the $500 version of the PS3, that makes the 360 $240 more expensive.

Starting from the "Normal" 360 ($400), and the $600 model of the PS3
Wireless Adapter ($100) HD-DVD player ($200)
Still, the PS3 comes out on top, not to mention that to get as much stoarge space, you would need to spend another $100 on a second X-box 360 hard drive.
Sorry folks, but the PS3 is technichally a better bargain than the 360 if you go all out.

Two things that the 360 has over the PS3, X-box Live and strong wireless controller connections that don't quit unexpectantly.

All in all, I am trying to let eveyone make an educated decision before purchasing what will most definately be a large portion of thier paycheck. Being the devil's advocate has always been part of my job description. Plus, I work holidays. :smallwink:

theKOT
2007-03-05, 09:50 AM
Yeah, but the component cables included in the XBox 360 premium can display all the way up to 1080i. The 500 PS3 doesn't come with HDMI cables included either. The 360 also comes with the hard drive. Most importantly, HD-DVD isn't forced upon the buyer so the system is cheap(er). I neither need nor want any HD or Blu-ray right now, so I'll take the 400 system with the games, thanks.

Besides, both formats are gonna be blown out of the water by the cheaper hybrid players and disks.

Logic
2007-03-05, 09:57 AM
Besides, both formats are gonna be blown out of the water by the cheaper hybrid players and disks.
I highly doubt that will happen, even though the two technologies are compatable for hybridization, the patents for each are owened by two different companies hell-bent on making sure that their format comes out on top. Any hybrid format would likely be caught up in the courts for years, sued by both companies.

General Leitmann
2007-03-05, 10:05 AM
I personally detested Gears of War. I bought that game, and took it to the local games shop to sell it so I could get half the money back and then buy "A Saucerfull of Secrets" by Pink Floyd. And I'm very happy with my decision. NHL 07 is cool, CoD3 is neato, Oblivion rocks like a box of socks, and Halo 3 is the much anticipated reason to buy a 360.

neriana
2007-03-05, 12:23 PM
I am completely addicted to Viva Pinata at the moment. Kameo is also really fun. Blue Dragon looks like it will be totally awesome, too. And if you love shooters (I don't), a 360 is unquestionably the best system right now. Gears of War, Lost Planet, Rainbow Six: Vegas, etc. etc.

LoopyZebra
2007-03-05, 03:28 PM
Hmm... Logic, I think you may have a point about the costs, but there are plenty more reasons to buy a 360 over a PS3 than just Xbox Live and wireless controllers. The game library for the 360 is much stronger and will remain so. I realize that's a bold proclamation, but the 360 has a number of 360 only franchises that kick the heck out of whatever PS3 franchises there are.

Now, I don't think I posted a favorite games list. theKOT, if you haven't purchased your games yet, this is what I'd get:

1. Gears of War - I have met a total of three people (online and RL, including the two from this thread) who did not like this game. It's different than, say, Halo, but it's a good difference.
2. Saints Row - Fun. Very expansive. Plays like a better GTA, but has a great online mode. (Although, granted, this has been eclipsed by newer shooters.)
3. Rainbow Six Vegas - A more traditional shooter than Gears of War, but has significant tactical options in Single Player and customization options in Multiplayer to make up for it.
4. Oblivion - A bit more action focused than RPG focused, but still, very, very good with lots of downloadable content.
5. Call of Duty 2 - That's not a typo. I enjoy CoD 2 far more than CoD 3. CoD 2 single player feels like a war movie epic. You are attached to the characters and there is a significant level of difficulty. CoD 3 single player feels like Medal of Honor. It's too easy and I didn't feel connected to any of the characters. Most of them I wanted to die. Most of them did. CoD 2 multiplayer is fun and fast paced. CoD 3 multiplayer hates you if you own a router, taking 5+ minutes to join a ranked match. Granted, if you've played CoD 2 before, I wouldn't recommend it as much... The game loses alot of appeal (atleast for me) after single player.
((Note: There was significant downloadable content from the Marketplace for all of these, some of which was free.))

Games to Avoid:
1. CoD 3 - If you really must, rent it. I made the mistake of buying this instead of Gears of War (they were released around the same time) because I was a big fan of the franchise after CoD 2. There's better multiplayer and single player experiences.
2. The Burger King Games - If someone gives you one of these for free, kick them in the balls. They are obviously terrorists bent on killing innocent 360 owners.
3. Eragon - See Entry for Burger King Games.

Hmm... there's a couple more that I've had bad experiences with, but not bad enough for me to tell you to stay away completely. I felt THP8 was way too hard for a casual fan of the series (i.e. me) and Star Trek Legacy was... disappointing. I never played Lost Planet, but I didn't like the way it looked when a friend played it. Of course, this opinion is entirely unsupported by more than a few minutes of watching a friend play. I'm personally looking forward to Monster Madness and Command and Conquer 3, but I have weird tastes sometimes. GRAW 2 comes out in a couple of days, and the demo looks good.

theKOT
2007-03-05, 05:06 PM
My "buy right away" games are Gow and Halo2. My "buy later" list is made up of Lost Planet and crackdown. Any red flags or additions? Keep in mind, I don't like RPGs.

LoopyZebra
2007-03-05, 05:35 PM
You don't like RPGs and you're at GiantITP? Odd.

Anyways, Halo 2 (and original xbox games) disable some of the xbox live features when they're being played. For instance, your friends list, chat, and messages are unaccessable, and you can't play your own music instead of what's being played.

And, I'm going to sound like a heretic for this, Halo 2, while good, IS NOT A REASON TO STOP PLAYING OTHER GAMES. The same goes for GoW. Personally, try the demo of RSV multiplayer (free download on the marketplace for multiplayer and single player). If you like it, buy it. I liked it far better than Halo 2's multiplayer. There's significant customization, occasionally some tactical usage, and I liked the game better. Maybe it's just me.

I only played the Crackdown demo, but I'd still recommend Saints Row over it. Sure, it's older, but there seems to be more story, difficulty, and replayability in Saints Row. Crackdown has Co-op, but Saints Row has competitive multiplayer. Crackdown felt like a giant free-form action game, but Saints Row was, funner, atleast for me. But, you may want to talk to someone who's played more than the demo. I'd like to note that this is jsut my opinion, and, in any case, there are demos for all of these (I think. Saints Row might not have one. Neither does GoW.), so try them out.

And, if you're interested in the Arcade games, Worms HD comes out Wednesday.

theKOT
2007-03-05, 05:59 PM
Yeah, see, the thing is I have Halo PC and love it. I played over twenty hours of single player and over fifty hours of multiplayer. This doesn't include the hours I spent playing on friend's Xboxs. To me, Halo has the best engine ever. Plus, Rainbow six has never really seemed that attractive to me. I'll try the demos, anyway.

Myatar_Panwar
2007-03-05, 08:59 PM
So will a regular wireless adapter work on the 360 or do you need to get a special one?

I think you need to buy the 100$ 360 one. I did, and found it quite worth it. I have to play in my room, and seeing as my computer is clear out in the living room, it comes in very handy.

1. CoD 3 - If you really must, rent it. I made the mistake of buying this instead of Gears of War (they were released around the same time) because I was a big fan of the franchise after CoD 2. There's better multiplayer and single player experiences.

I made the same mistake and had to wait 2 months until getting GoW. Longest 2 months of my life.

Also, Kot, the Xbox live Arcade is great. I've got a few of their games and find them quite fun and inexpensive. I'm currently playing Alien Hominid HD and having a heck of a time getting past the 3rd level. I know, its pathetic.

Edit: Oh, and if theKot or anyone else wants a casual 360 player to play with on live, send Foolish Kais (my gamertag) a request. I'm always looking for new people to play with.

theKOT
2007-03-06, 01:08 AM
After playing through the demos, I think Crackdown is fun but not worth buying and rainbow six is really great. I need more time with lost planet.

By the way, my gamer tag is TOKeht, theKOT was taken.

Xerillum
2007-03-06, 04:39 PM
I say, go with the Wii. Yes, that's where I'm posting from.

neriana
2007-03-07, 09:40 PM
My "buy right away" games are Gow and Halo2. My "buy later" list is made up of Lost Planet and crackdown. Any red flags or additions? Keep in mind, I don't like RPGs.

Well, most everyone seems to like Guitar Hero. If you like action-adventure at all, Kameo is good. http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/ is a good place to go to check reviews of stuff. As for what's coming out, Assassin's Creed looks very interesting.

theKOT
2007-03-07, 10:49 PM
Well, most everyone seems to like Guitar Hero. If you like action-adventure at all, Kameo is good. http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/ is a good place to go to check reviews of stuff. As for what's coming out, Assassin's Creed looks very interesting.
I'll definitely be getting assasins creed, but while I like GH a lot, I'd rather play it at my friends house. I only like it in bursts.